Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 18-08-2017, 06:05 PM #76
Namaste

Namaste

This is definitely pretty unnecessary since he's not actually coming into contact with alcohol itself (and really should get a job somewhere that doesn't sell alcohol if it's such an issue), but the guy who decided to take a picture and shame the cashier on social media is a prick of the highest order.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 06:30 PM #77

This stuff has been going on for ever. M&S and Tesco's allow staff to choose re-selling alcohol. Tesco's won't serve you alcohol at all if you have a minor with you.

The problem for these shop owners is, without good grounds, if workers are made to compromise their religious beliefs, they could risk a claim for discrimination. Exactly that has happened over Christians refusing to work on Sunday.

It doesn't just cover 'right to religious freedom' either. 'Equality and Human Rights Commission' advise that in exceptional cases, i.e a religion and a belief (that doesn't have to be religious) should always be considered by the employer.
Old 19-08-2017, 09:33 PM #78
You know my methods

You know my methods

Sad to see a brainwashed child and company pander to a superstition

Utterly vile in 2017
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 09:49 PM #79

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Wow seems I'm in the minority here! I was gonna say just use another till you entitled bish Maybe that's cos I'm sick of entitled customers working in customer service tho
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 09:51 PM #80
You know my methods

You know my methods

Surely he can't sell bacon?
Old 19-08-2017, 09:51 PM #81
You know my methods

You know my methods

Or infadel?
Old 19-08-2017, 10:02 PM #82
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
The religion isn't the issue, it is whether or not the customer is being discriminated against by not being allowed to purchase something. The bakery refused to bake a cake that a customer requested, Aldi is not refusing to sell alcohol, just saying that you cannot do so at one particular checkout. The customers aren't being forced to go to another supermarket.
It is the issue if it is getting special treatment. What you do for one 'cause' you have to do for all otherwise it is favouritism and that is not acceptable. No religion should get preferential treatment.

Last edited by Brillopad; 19-08-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 01:24 PM #83
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Wow seems I'm in the minority here! I was gonna say just use another till you entitled bish Maybe that's cos I'm sick of entitled customers working in customer service tho
Without the entitled customers you would have no job, the old adage the customer is always right should be your mantra

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 02:05 PM #84
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Without the entitled customers you would have no job, the old adage the customer is always right should be your mantra
Customers are ****ing morons that don't know their elbow from their arse and we owe them nothing but disdain.

It doesn't surprise me to see that the person making the complaint is a baby boomer, while I don't agree with people on Tills refusing to sell beer in legal situations since it creates more work for everyone, it's so typically self entitled of a Baby Boomer to kick up needless fuss about it rather than do the sensible thing and moving to another till.

In all my experience in customer service, it's always the older generations that tend to be difficult and abusive. Never had any issues with teenagers or younger people, if you tell them you can't serve them or they have to wait because you are dealing with another issue then they accept it and move on without trouble. Tell that to an older person and there's a good chance they'll throw a tantrum.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 02:08 PM #85
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Customers are ****ing morons that don't know their elbow from their arse and we owe them nothing but disdain.

It doesn't surprise me to see that the person making the complaint is a baby boomer, while I don't agree with people on Tills refusing to sell beer in legal situations since it creates more work for everyone, it's so typically self entitled of a Baby Boomer to kick up needless fuss about it rather than do the sensible thing and moving to another till.

In all my experience in customer service, it's always the older generations that tend to be difficult and abusive. Never had any issues with teenagers or younger people, if you tell them you can't serve them or they have to wait because you are dealing with another issue then they accept it and move on without trouble. Tell that to an older person and there's a good chance they'll throw a tantrum.

I used to work in the service industry I never found that at all? both old and young could be assholes, and to suggest anything else is ridiculous, maybe that is your experience so maybe you need to look at yourself in these situatiosn since you seem to antagonise just one generation anyone would think you were the only person ever to work in a customer related industry tsk tsk

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 20-08-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 20-08-2017, 02:14 PM #86
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I used to work in the service industry I never found that at all? both old and young could be assholes, and to suggest anything else is ridiculous, maybe that is your experience so maybe you need to look at yourself in these situatiosn since you seem to antagonise just one generation anyone would think you were the only person ever to work in a customer related industry tsk tsk
I'm nothing if not professional towards everyone at work, even if they are screeching abuse at me so your strangely pointed accusation doesn't really hold water. You should probably try to accept other peple's opinions, Cherie. You don't have to agree with them but to try to discredit them with baseless accusations is rather low considering we're not actually debating anything.

Your last little dig doesn't even make contextual sense, when did I make out I was?

Last edited by Tom4784; 20-08-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 20-08-2017, 02:18 PM #87
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
That shouldn't be anyone's mantra because it's not true. Just a silly cliche that should be left in the past.
Old 20-08-2017, 02:20 PM #88
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
/snip.

i have read some stuff on Tibb but

wow, that is quite the something

Old 20-08-2017, 02:21 PM #89
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm nothing if not professional towards everyone at work, even if they are screeching abuse at me so your strangely pointed accusation doesn't really hold water. You should probably try to accept other peple's opinions, Cherie. You don't have to agree with them but to try to discredit them with baseless accusations is rather low considering we're not actually debating anything.

Your last little dig doesn't even make contextual sense, when did I make out I was?
I just find it odd that you have trouble with just one generation, even you must acknowledge that every generation has its assholes? maybe you are just unlucky or maybe you have an attitude problem which you are not aware of? just a bit of constructive criticism for you Dez you don't have to take it obviously

Old 20-08-2017, 02:21 PM #90
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
That shouldn't be anyone's mantra because it's not true. Just a silly cliche that should be left in the past.
With all due respect the customer and how you treat them will make or break a company, ask Gerard Ratner

Old 20-08-2017, 02:22 PM #91
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
when you run your own business it certainly is

the skill is in always maintaining so but having stated conditions and practices that protect you from abuse

Amazon are a perfect example of this
Old 20-08-2017, 02:27 PM #92
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
i have read some stuff on Tibb but

wow, that is quite the something

You have either never worked in retail or any public facing role or you are part of the problem yourself.

Or, you're acting shocked because I said it and you want to make out that I said something horrible just to see if you can stir something up.
Old 20-08-2017, 02:34 PM #93
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
You have either never worked in retail or any public facing role or you are part of the problem yourself.

Or, you're acting shocked because I said it and you want to make out that I said something horrible just to see if you can stir something up.
I just cant believe anyone with such an attitude works with customers

its shocking
Old 20-08-2017, 02:35 PM #94
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
With all due respect the customer and how you treat them will make or break a company, ask Gerard Ratner
Treating customers with respect and telling them they're right when they're wrong aren't the same thing. You don't have a special right to go into a store and treat the workers like pieces of dog **** just because you're "the customer". Plenty of other customers manage to be perfectly nice, it's not that difficult.

Respect goes both ways. What about the customers who have a habit of tampering with stock because they think they for some reason have a right to open things without buying them or who leave litter in the aisles (and hidden behind stock in some cases)? They're "right" just because they happened to set foot in the store?

I treat every single customer I meet with respect upon meeting them but, like every person on the planet, I have a limit for how much arseholery I can take. I won't flat out turn round and tell them I think they're an arsehole but I also won't fluff up their ego and treat them like they're absolutely justified in being an arsehole when they're not.

And frankly, if I saw some dickhead like the guy in this story trying to take a picture of me to get some attention on Twitter, I'd happily lose my job for the chance to let them know what pond life they were.
Old 20-08-2017, 02:39 PM #95
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I just find it odd that you have trouble with just one generation, even you must acknowledge that every generation has its assholes? maybe you are just unlucky or maybe you have an attitude problem which you are not aware of? just a bit of constructive criticism for you Dez you don't have to take it obviously
When did I say that? It's in my experiences that customers of older generations tend to cause more trouble and I know a lot of people that would say the same. I've never said that younger people can't be arseholes, I've just said that I experience abuse and trouble from older generations more often. You've just made a lot of assumptions and you're trying to force them down my throat.

I made a post detailing my experiences and, out of nowhere and based on nothing, you essentially told me that I'm bad at my job and I must be offending people to receive the abuse I have gotten when you know absolutely nothing about me or my work. I could have easily said the same to you in response but I'm not gonna cast aspersions on you and your job because I don't know anything about your situation and making such accusations is below me.

'Constructive' criticism is only helpful if you actually know what you are talking about, You weren't giving me advice you were having a pop at me and you thought you were being subtle about it but you aren't.
Old 20-08-2017, 02:40 PM #96
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I just cant believe anyone with such an attitude works with customers

its shocking
So the latter then, okay.

You need better bait.
Old 20-08-2017, 02:41 PM #97
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
So the latter then, okay.

You need better bait.
Its you making the shocking statements about people/customers

own it
Old 20-08-2017, 03:29 PM #98
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:

Not wishing to be confrontational, but if you start off with that attitude toward any demographic its no surprise that they respond in kind.

Interaction requires respect from both sides it's as simple as that.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 03:36 PM #99
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Well Masood from Eastenders can go to a pub and be around alcohol why can't this guy serve it? Plenty of muslims drink, gamble, do drugs behind closed doors. Or make him do the shelf stacking, cleaning or stock take. Seems to me this guy wants the cushy job of working at a till but still refuses to do his job properly.

Last edited by Wizard.; 20-08-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 03:38 PM #100
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Not wishing to be confrontational, but if you start off with that attitude toward any demographic its no surprise that they respond in kind.

Interaction requires respect from both sides it's as simple as that.
Well you see, when I interact with anyone at work, I don't tend to open conversations by telling them that their generation has the biggest percentage of arseholes that I encounter on a day to day basis, shockingly enough.

I just smile, be polite and respond how I'm supposed to because people don't always say what's on their mind, some people are capable of tact.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alcohol, aldi, muslim, refuse, sell, workers