Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2017, 06:09 PM #276
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
, he really did get his teeth into a discussion. He would often look at an opposing post and go off and do his research before coming back here and agreeing that opposing opinion was in fact correct.
I agree. I feel as if many right-leaning posts recently are very emotionally-charged, and I worked out a while back that you cant really respond to sheer-emotion with any form of reasoning, its just two different languages...
But Kirk would post with more logic and reasoning which made the subforum more interesting than what it is now.
Old 21-09-2017, 06:27 PM #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I agree. I feel as if many right-leaning posts recently are very emotionally-charged, and I worked out a while back that you cant really respond to sheer-emotion with any form of reasoning, its just two different languages...
But Kirk would post with more logic and reasoning which made the subforum more interesting than what it is now.
You're right. I’m so sick of us wasting time bashing or arguing a point. There is so much division amongst us at the present time.
Old 21-09-2017, 07:01 PM #278
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Careful, you're sounding smug and that's unpleasant under the circumstances.
Hardly, just being realistic

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-09-2017, 07:01 PM #279
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
shame he was hounded off isn't it.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-09-2017, 07:03 PM #280
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You're right. I’m so sick of us wasting time bashing or arguing a point. There is so much division amongst us at the present time.
That is because most people refuse to see the other point of view even when it is blatant.. I have been accused of being a fence sitter because I tread the middle ground and can see good and bad in both sides at times. I often argued with Kirk but I came around to his way of thinking in the end more often than not

Old 21-09-2017, 07:05 PM #281
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
shame he was hounded off isn't it.
I don't remember the details too well... I thought he left because he felt as if his infractions and bans were unfair? There isn't much to do to convince him to come back if he felt this way, short of explaining to him why he isn't above the rules. Worth a try perhaps.
Old 21-09-2017, 07:06 PM #282
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't remember the details too well... I thought he left because he felt as if his infractions and bans were unfair? There isn't much to do to convince him to come back if he felt this way, short of explaining to him why he isn't above the rules. Worth a try perhaps.
I am not in touch with him so unless he reads the forum or someone else in in touch with him it is unlikely.

Old 21-09-2017, 07:53 PM #283

I should think he's having a ball writing on another forum group.
Old 21-09-2017, 09:09 PM #284
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I call it like I see it, I've seen nothing to suggest that the slide towards extreme right values in this section is motivated by anything other than hate and an unwillingness to see immigrants, muslims and any other minority that this section finds fault with as subhuman, that's my opinion. I have no problem with controlled immigration or people suggesting that it should be stricter but it's easy to see the difference in intentions between a bigot and someone who simply believes in tougher immigration.

The idea of open borders is ludicrous and so is your irrational mindset that anyone who has sympathy for the plight of refugees (IE people with the capacity for empathy) is automatically endorsing open borders.
Explain why you think wanting control over our borders is 'far-right'. You don't seem to understand degrees as there is a considerable difference between right and far right - but you only see extremes - totally agenda driven.
Old 21-09-2017, 11:04 PM #285
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Explain why you think wanting control over our borders is 'far-right'. You don't seem to understand degrees as there is a considerable difference between right and far right - but you only see extremes - totally agenda driven.
Coming from someone that sees anyone that's muslim and/or arabic as a threat?

Wanting to control immigration isn't extreme like I said in the post that you quoted but haven't seemed to have actually read. The idea of ignoring a massive Refugee Crisis and treating them as subhuman is extreme, you are using an extreme minority to justify your own extreme agenda of wanting to deny help thousands of people who just want to live somewhere that isn't a warzone. You don't want to control immigration, you want to shut it down because you don't understand immigration. It scares the **** out of you because you've brought into the Dail Mail's agenda, you look for articles that specifically appeal to your confirmation bias. You've brought into lies such as immigration is going to kill off the NHS because you want to believe it's true. You want to feel like your hatred is justified.
Old 21-09-2017, 11:29 PM #286
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I've seen those posts too, more than once.
I'll extend to you the same offer that I did to Cherie; quote one. Or are you going to pretend that you can't "because I've prolly gone back and deleteded them!!" like she did?

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 21-09-2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old 21-09-2017, 11:33 PM #287
-

-

Quote:
Kirk and me were friends on here so I'd love to see him back. Whilst we had opposing opinions, he really did get his teeth into a discussion. He would often look at an opposing post and go off and do his research before coming back here and agreeing that opposing opinion was in fact correct.

We could go at it hammer and tongue on the forums and shake hands in pm. I couldn't help but respect him regardless of our differing views.
I agree and in fact I think comparing ol' Kirk to the bile that's been spewed on here since he left is actually quite offensive to him, being honest. He got a little heated a times but his posts were well thought out and logical, and he had a sense of humour.

So no you can't compare Kirk to the more recent "SD's right wing". It's like comparing a grumpy right-leaning University professor to... err... I don't know. Someone spinning in circles just.. flailing their arms and gnashing their teeth... and spitting racist vomit everywhere... and screeching a terrible screech that curdles the blood and sucks the testicles right up into the abdomen. No offense liek.
Old 22-09-2017, 04:18 AM #288
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Coming from someone that sees anyone that's muslim and/or arabic as a threat?

Wanting to control immigration isn't extreme like I said in the post that you quoted but haven't seemed to have actually read. The idea of ignoring a massive Refugee Crisis and treating them as subhuman is extreme, you are using an extreme minority to justify your own extreme agenda of wanting to deny help thousands of people who just want to live somewhere that isn't a warzone. You don't want to control immigration, you want to shut it down because you don't understand immigration. It scares the **** out of you because you've brought into the Dail Mail's agenda, you look for articles that specifically appeal to your confirmation bias. You've brought into lies such as immigration is going to kill off the NHS because you want to believe it's true. You want to feel like your hatred is justified.
You're the one spouting hate in your constant aggressive abusive posts. Try reading them sometime. No self awareness whatsoever.

A PC robot desperaratly trying to control people's words and thoughts and when you can't you throw a hissy fit with the subsequent so, so predictable outpouring of verbal diarrhoea. Your default setting when confronted with opinions different to your own is childish name-calling because it is easy and anyone can do it.

Most of those 'refugees' aren't genuine refugees. Whilst I undersatand the desire of people to want to better their lives forcing their way on the shores of other countries who cannot cope with such a massive influx is not the way to do it. When others saw people getting into the West that way they tried their luck as well. You see 'victim' stamped on the forehead of every non-white person and many of these so-called refugees know how to play to that mindset. They are opportunists. The real victims, the starving and weak, which we see none of on those boats, are too weak and too poor to pay the smugglers to do so.

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-09-2017 at 05:20 AM.
Old 22-09-2017, 06:07 AM #289
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I agree and in fact I think comparing ol' Kirk to the bile that's been spewed on here since he left is actually quite offensive to him, being honest. He got a little heated a times but his posts were well thought out and logical, and he had a sense of humour.

So no you can't compare Kirk to the more recent "SD's right wing". It's like comparing a grumpy right-leaning University professor to... err... I don't know. Someone spinning in circles just.. flailing their arms and gnashing their teeth... and spitting racist vomit everywhere... and screeching a terrible screech that curdles the blood and sucks the testicles right up into the abdomen. No offense liek.

I have really hit a nerve haven't I

Old 22-09-2017, 06:15 AM #290
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
[/B]

I have really hit a nerve haven't I
Not really a nerve but I did like Kirk, and I genuinely think comparing his posts to Brillo's "100 Muslims Got On A Boat, You Won't Believe What Happened Next!" threads is doing the guy a massive disservice.
Old 22-09-2017, 06:17 AM #291

Thread closed - Ignored warnings
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
critical, level, raised, terror, threat, uk