Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-09-2017, 05:25 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
OMG I nearly peed myself

edited to add: Are you a very important chap Arista? I mean, you've made it clear that you know things within the government and secret service that we aren't privy to. Could you be MI5 perhaps? Are you feeding everything we say back to the queen?

No do never do that over any of my posts
The Worst was some one
who Spat there Coffee all over the floor.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 05:27 PM #27
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Aren't even moderate Muslims anti both those things?
Moderate muslims, like all people of any religion who are only moderately religious (Because, news flash, most religions take issue with abortion and homosexuality) are more likely to be adaptable when it comes to their religion. Not everyone who is religious is bigoted, most people can see past the parts of any religious text that is no longer relevant in today's world.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 07:18 PM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Someone who is apparently so devout that they wouldn't be able to see that certain parts of the bible are products of it's time and are no longer applicable in today's world is ill suited to power. Fundamentalist religion has no place in politics and you can't say that his prejudices would not affect his decisions, you can't tell me that he'd put his religion aside and would make decisions that would go against that if he is so devout that he believes in archaic views like that.

Religious fundamentalism has no place in politics.

I like how you are making excuses for him though when, if his religion happened to be islam and he was preaching what he preached as a catholic, you would condemn him without a second thought simply because he'd be a muslim while I'd still condemn him all the same.
The difference being Islam do force their religion down the throats of others, as we see every damn day, even to the point they chose to live in other countries and still try to do so to the non-believing locals.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 09:17 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The difference being Islam do force their religion down the throats of others, as we see every damn day, even to the point they chose to live in other countries and still try to do so to the non-believing locals.
Well of course you'll think that if you read nothing but alt right websites that tell you what you want to hear. It just goes to show how little actual experience you have of interacting with muslims because you believe this made up image you have of the average muslim created by your own fear and intolerance.

The average muslim is not out to get you, they aren't out to convert you or enforce Shariah Law. Like most people of any race or creed, they just want to get on with their lives in peace. Not that anything I say will matter, no amount of experience, evidence or anything related to reality will be able to change your beliefs simply because you have the worst case of confirmation bias that I've ever seen. In your mind all muslims are evil and they're to get you and nothing will ever change that way of thinking.
Old 24-09-2017, 09:37 PM #30
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Well of course you'll think that if you read nothing but alt right websites that tell you what you want to hear. It just goes to show how little actual experience you have of interacting with muslims because you believe this made up image you have of the average muslim created by your own fear and intolerance.

The average muslim is not out to get you, they aren't out to convert you or enforce Shariah Law. Like most people of any race or creed, they just want to get on with their lives in peace. Not that anything I say will matter, no amount of experience, evidence or anything related to reality will be able to change your beliefs simply because you have the worst case of confirmation bias that I've ever seen. In your mind all muslims are evil and they're to get you and nothing will ever change that way of thinking.
I don't read Alt right websites. I have come across a few, that I didn't even know were alt right, amongst the many other sources I have quoted. And!

As for the rest, yeah, yeah yeah. It seems to me you do nothing but appease because you are the one so scared. If anyone can change my thinking I can assure you it will NEVER be you.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 09:43 PM #31

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
You're good at noticing what you want to notice and ignoring what you don't want to notice, aren't you jaxie?

To reiterate, since you ignored it; I *do not* support Islam or any other religion. Shall I put it in my signature to avoid further incorrect "noticing" (I.e. Making stuff up)?
Observant is the word you are looking for.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 09:50 PM #32
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Observant is the word you are looking for.
I don't think it is. Contumacious, maybe. Or partisan.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 09:58 PM #33

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I don't think it is. Contumacious, maybe. Or partisan.
name calling.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 10:31 PM #34
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I don't read Alt right websites. I have come across a few, that I didn't even know were alt right, amongst the many other sources I have quoted. And!

As for the rest, yeah, yeah yeah. It seems to me you do nothing but appease because you are the one so scared. If anyone can change my thinking I can assure you it will NEVER be you.
Appease who exactly?
Old 24-09-2017, 11:12 PM #35

"Originally Posted by Brillopad
I don't read Alt right websites."

I am the same Madame
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
deadline, extended, hits, reesmogg