Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-10-2017, 02:06 PM #51
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Apart from my pregnancies where I found tobacco repulsive, I've been addicted to tobacco for years TS. Smoking came before vaping and whilst vaping doesn't have that cutting edge for me it was better than nothing.

Have you ever smoked? When my husband gave up he just went cold turkey and has never (to my knowledge) touched one since. When I tried that I was climbing the walls. I became bad-tempered, unreasonable and burst into tears at the slightest thing. I couldn't concentrate on anything and all I wanted to do was eat mountains of sugary things.

I tried Nicorette patches but became addicted to them and ended up smoking and using patches at the same time which is dangerous. I've tried prescription meds and was told that after about two weeks I'd just go off tobacco but that didn't happen. I tried vaping and found that was something I could handle but even with vaping, there isn't a day goes by when I don't think about smoking a cigarette. When you vape you get continuously hounded by people wanting to tell you that its more dangerous than smoking. I hate being an addict and I'd love to find a cure but it is what it is.

Oh and research findings show that some people can easily quit smoking whilst others find it almost impossible. Its the same with heroine.

Do you really? I think most people think vaping is completely innocuous which is why it has become so popular. You need to go cold turkey it is the only way, my sister in law was a 30 a day smoker, had one when she got out of bed, when cold turkey, she put on a bit of weight but got rid of that a year later. I used to social smoke, Mr C got me got give up as his mother died from lung cancer
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 02:07 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It gets worse... y'know when they moved most of the post offices into "other stores" as a counter? Well, the one we bank at (work) is right across the street... as of a couple of weeks ago, is a postoffice / vape store??? I tell you, in the good old days ... ... ...

We'll end up like France, where I was once sat in a bar... and suddenly realised that it was a bar, bookies, off-licence and tobacco store all in one . Ew.

Edited to add: They also sold breads and pastries
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 07:30 PM #53

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Nae bridies?
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 07:47 PM #54
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Do you really? I think most people think vaping is completely innocuous which is why it has become so popular. You need to go cold turkey it is the only way, my sister in law was a 30 a day smoker, had one when she got out of bed, when cold turkey, she put on a bit of weight but got rid of that a year later. I used to social smoke, Mr C got me got give up as his mother died from lung cancer
Putting on weight is a common one I think, especially for heavy smokers because it kills your sense of taste as well as suppressing appetite. My dad smoked basically his entire life - when he finally quit he commented that he'd actually gone through life having no idea what most things really taste like. Makes everything that bit more tempting I guess!
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 11:43 AM #55
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I would love to know how many children have been tempted into trying vaping due to the sweetie 'flavours'...

How off putting is it walking past a group of burly good looking men and they all smell of dolly mixtures!... Too weird :/
I imagine a hell of a lot more than the amount of kids who started smoking due to pretty boxes, which we are apparently meant to believe happened a lot

I mix smoking and vaping now. And also my liquid is 'blue slush' which so many can;t get their heads round as they say how on earth can that help you stop craving cigs. Not sure how, but it does

Our stop smoking clinic assures people that vaping is safe for those around you. Ie. Its fine to do around kids. But the same was said about smoking normally, so quite how they can be so 'sure' is beyond me and you would think they would have learnt about giving out false info
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alarming, cancer, mouth, people, rise, young