Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:31 PM #4876
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Ugh reading some youtube comments and people are complaining about how high Arya jumped being unrealistic.... in an episode with zombies, zombie giants, magic spells setting swords on fire, an amulet that keeps someone young and dragons ............but someone jumping high is too far fetched
Those are in-universe established possibilities though, whereas humans in GoT only have human abilities unless otherwise specified (such as magic) and Arya doesn't have super jumping abilities.

THAT SAID... I had just assumed that she jumped down from a higher point . She could even have vaulted off a random Wight that was standing there; or if you look just before in that scene (top down view before Theon charges) you can see that there are piles of the dead that Theon has killed... she could have done a running jump off of one of those .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:35 PM #4877
-

-

Actually just frame-by-framed the scene and right behind Arya after she stabs the night king, there's an iron basket... thing... with a torch inside it. So there you go - she ran up and vaulted off of the top of that. Problem solved .
Old 01-05-2019, 01:36 PM #4878
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Those are in-universe established possibilities though, whereas humans in GoT only have human abilities unless otherwise specified (such as magic) and Arya doesn't have super jumping abilities.

THAT SAID... I had just assumed that she jumped down from a higher point . She could even have vaulted off a random Wight that was standing there; or if you look just before in that scene (top down view before Theon charges) you can see that there are piles of the dead that Theon has killed... she could have done a running jump off of one of those .
Tbf though out of all of the human characters she's probably the one who has gone through the most intense physical training so I assumed, like you, she was using the tools at hand so to speak

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 01-05-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:46 PM #4879
-

-

Distance checks out if you ask me
Old 01-05-2019, 01:57 PM #4880
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Makes sense, there's footage of her actually doing that scene and they have her coming downwards from a platform so she's obviously supposed to have jumped down off something. People are being willfully obtuse about it

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...down_from_the/

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 01-05-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:03 PM #4881
0_o

0_o

Quote:
The theory I've seen is that the NK was only vulnerable when next to the three eyed raven tree / Bran himself (something about being tied to a magic tree when he was created?) and so Bran actually knew all along that the NK had to be lured to the tree at just that moment, and knew that Arya would kill him, so he actually was "doing his thing" just by making sure that the timing was perfect and everyone was where they were meant to be, when they were meant to be there. Sort of like the Lord Of Light repeatedly resurrecting Beric because he was destined to save Arya, who was in turn destined to kill the Night King...
Yup this makes sense. Bran only gave his 'you are a good man' speech to Theon to basically make him sacrifice himself to give Arya that little bit more time to reach them. Otherwise it would have been over seconds before she arrived.

I am also kind of believing in the littlefinger/faceless man theory now. Random thought I know. I never saw that theory before watching this episode..and it kind of makes sense to me. It WAS a very random scene, where littlefinger gave that random coin to a random girl..a couple of episodes before he was killed. It is also so not littlefinger to not know that was coming, especially after Bran basically told him that he knew the assasination attempt was him. Nor is it in character to beg for his life and such rather than be a smarmy twat. Also makes the many faced god thing a bit more..well having point to it. I know the assasin part was necessary due to Aryas badassery however, all the swapping faces stuff, there must be more to it than it being about her being able to kill house Frey.

Genuinely would not be surprised to see him back in the next couple of episodes or something. Very interesting that the dagger he gave to Bran, who gave it to Arya, ended up being the thing to kill TNK (or it looked that way to me? Might be wrong).

Also, seems a very rare opinion but I was really underwhelmed by this episode I was maybe expecting too much..but I was expecting as promised, an episode miles better than battle of the bastards, and tbh for me, this didn't even come close. Too many main characters survived when near all the rest of the thousands were wiped out. The ****ing plot armour they all have is astounding, you can really tell GRRM doesn't really control anything now, as we have gone from main characters being randomly killed off for stupid decisions, to the main characters being invincible! Jorah and Theon were such obvious deaths that I don't think they even bloody count as main character deaths The women/girls definitely won this episode though. I was really pleased Arya was the one, not the obvious candidates. Jon was ****ing useless all episode too. I did kind of like his 'no ****s given' look while walking past Sam though. Sam annoyed me way too much. He is the reason Edd is dead, and no doubt countless others too. He knew he couldn't fight, he killed the other whitewalker by luck over anything else, everyone told him to bugger off to the crypt (which was obviously not going to be bloody safe but lets ignore that..) yet he insisted on being there, just so he could cause a few more deaths by people trying to save his arse!

Also annoying was how stupid both sides were. Sending all the dothraki to their deaths was..insane. And the night king, I really was expecting him to send an army of wights to Winterfell to keep them busy, meanwhile he went off to kings landing, to make his army like 1m larger and actually punish cersei for her decision to be a twat, rather than proving her to be right! Its kind of annoying too, how since the first episode the army of the dead and that was made out to be some kind of unstoppable threat, yet the first real time the humans stood against them, they won without any real losses..
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-05-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:17 PM #4882
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia. View Post
I do think Cersei is gonna have something up her sleeve no doubt, it's gonna be interesting seeing what she has planned. I just hope Ewwwwron dies quick cause he's annoying
I fully expect for as soon as she starts losing, her to just blow kings landing up with her stores of wild fire. Or something.

IIRC the golden company are basically Targ loyalists too? This hasn't been touched on in the show but fairly sure I remember something along those lines from the books. So I am quite sure, once they see the dragons and realise they are figting Targaeryns (when they see dragons..) for them to jump ship.

I am really wondering what Tyrion learnt from Bran too, in his hours long chat...that seems to have been very glossed over, but I am sure there was a reason for it which will become evident soon.

I am still baffled by how most bookies have Bran fave to be on the iron throne?!
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-05-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:52 PM #4883
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yup this makes sense. Bran only gave his 'you are a good man' speech to Theon to basically make him sacrifice himself to give Arya that little bit more time to reach them. Otherwise it would have been over seconds before she arrived.
Yeah I was thinking that; Bran has been so detached when talking to people, why suddenly "taking a moral stance" with Theon? I don't even think it was to encourage him to attack... I think Theon would have done so anyway / already knew it was over and he was dead no matter what. I think he actually engaged with Theon to delay him launching his attack. Theon is staring at the Night King, Bran calls his name and he turns round, and then it's like *long pause*... You're a good man. *long pause* ...Thankyou. And THEN Theon turns back and charges. There's actually a full 50 seconds between him saying "Theon" and Theon actually running at the NK. If he had charged as soon as the NK arrived, Bran would def have been dead before Arya's RrrEEEeeeEEEeeEEE! moment.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:58 PM #4884

Quote:

Distance checks out if you ask me

So what
you pick any video to bits
proves nothing
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:01 PM #4885
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Arya messed everything up killing my king

so now we will just get our fairytale happy ending probably

had expected more tbh, i'm disappointed in the outcome of that battle
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:02 PM #4886

Quote:
Ugh reading some youtube comments and people are complaining about how high Arya jumped being unrealistic.... in an episode with zombies, zombie giants, magic spells setting swords on fire, an amulet that keeps someone young and dragons ............but someone jumping high is too far fetched

As its so dark
anything can happen
Good Job One
brave knight stayed with her
The Queen had to start killing herself
Old 03-05-2019, 01:03 PM #4887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Arya messed everything up killing my king

so now we will just get our fairytale happy ending probably

had expected more tbh, i'm disappointed in the outcome of that battle

No Way
another Deadly War of 2 Groups happens next
Old 03-05-2019, 01:09 PM #4888
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
No Way
another Deadly War of 2 Groups happens next
yeah but still i see them beating Cersei quite easily, if you can beat a tough night king army, cersei's army is a piece of cake compared to that

so i cannot see anyone of the good guys dying anymore
Old 03-05-2019, 01:12 PM #4889
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking that; Bran has been so detached when talking to people, why suddenly "taking a moral stance" with Theon? I don't even think it was to encourage him to attack... I think Theon would have done so anyway / already knew it was over and he was dead no matter what. I think he actually engaged with Theon to delay him launching his attack. Theon is staring at the Night King, Bran calls his name and he turns round, and then it's like *long pause*... You're a good man. *long pause* ...Thankyou. And THEN Theon turns back and charges. There's actually a full 50 seconds between him saying "Theon" and Theon actually running at the NK. If he had charged as soon as the NK arrived, Bran would def have been dead before Arya's RrrEEEeeeEEEeeEEE! moment.
Hmm yeah it works better that way

So bloody unrealistic though, I mean, I know they were fighting zombies and whatnot so the levels of realism weren't exactly high, but all of theons iron born died bar him. Near the entirity of the main army died with only a couple of casualties of the cast. I think this was my main issue with the episode, besides that it was quite well done, besides having a lighting team that seems to think a single candle is good enough
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:14 PM #4890
0_o

0_o

Quote:
yeah but still i see them beating Cersei quite easily, if you can beat a tough night king army, cersei's army is a piece of cake compared to that
I can see why you would think that in theory. However I can't see cerseis army all dropping the second she is killed in such a way

I am convinced she will blow up all of KL with the wildfire stuff. Its been a large focus of near all her battle plans, and shes not exactly opposed to suicidal plans if she thinks her side is losing.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:33 PM #4891
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I suppose the difference between Cersei and the NK is Cersei can be sneaky and strategic where as the Nk and army of dead just go forward and kill

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:36 PM #4892
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

and where is that Daario anyway because he had stayed behind in Essos, right

Spoiler:

could he have noticed Euron arriving in Essos to get the Golden Company reinforcements

Last edited by Nicky91; 03-05-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:37 PM #4893
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Yes I wonder Nicky will he be a part of the bought army and if he'll get his crew to switch to Danis side?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:38 PM #4894
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I suppose the difference between Cersei and the NK is Cersei can be sneaky and strategic where as the Nk and army of dead just go forward and kill
Thats another reason I was so pissed with how it went down actually. Made out that TNK was just rubbish and thick! I really was expecting the bulk of his army to take KL while the rest were keeping Winterfell entertained..not him to just fly around for a bit looking mildly bored then walk into a trap
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:43 PM #4895
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes I wonder Nicky will he be a part of the bought army and if he'll get his crew to switch to Danis side?
he had been absent bc Michiel had other series he was in

Haunting of Hill House, one of the lead characters there
Old 03-05-2019, 01:47 PM #4896
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Thats another reason I was so pissed with how it went down actually. Made out that TNK was just rubbish and thick! I really was expecting the bulk of his army to take KL while the rest were keeping Winterfell entertained..not him to just fly around for a bit looking mildly bored then walk into a trap
Yeah but he's just a glorified Zombie, not a strategist, I think this is an important distinction between humans and the dead in Game of Thrones, there's no sneaky plan, just find and destroy where as the humans are always changing sides and lying and conning people and double crossing etc, the dead just want humans obliterated and they go forward and kill all they meet, no Game just death

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:54 PM #4897
-

-

Quote:
That's a good point... he leads a mercenary army that may well have been recruited by Cersei unknowingly, and is now sat amongst the rest of her soldiers-for-pay like a Trojan Horse. Maybe Dany even knows about it
Old 03-05-2019, 02:04 PM #4898
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's a good point... he leads a mercenary army that may well have been recruited by Cersei unknowingly, and is now sat amongst the rest of her soldiers-for-pay like a Trojan Horse. Maybe Dany even knows about it
Something like this is going to have to happen I think, their army is so depleted after the Battle of Winterfell

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-05-2019, 02:25 PM #4899
-

-

Quote:
Something like this is going to have to happen I think, their army is so depleted after the Battle of Winterfell
They do still have two fully grown dragons though, that could burn through tens of thousands of troops in seconds. Cersei has the anti-dragon-ballistas but surely Bronn got lucky with his shot and it would actually be pretty difficult to hit a dragon flying full speed .

They also have Arya .
Old 03-05-2019, 02:29 PM #4900

Quote:

so i cannot see anyone of the good guys dying anymore

Utter Rubbish
Assassins can enter any place
it just takes proper planning
, NICKY

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
airing, game, season, thread, thrones