Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-07-2010, 01:28 AM #26
Awesome...like the Miz.

Awesome...like the Miz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by as90 View Post
BB never fails to bring to light how prejudice Britain can be, as much as i love it, it can be a very prejudice place. Unfortunately we don't live in the days of the British empire anymore and rely on many countries to supply as the goods we want to give us the quality of life we are used too. We have hardly any physical exports and our army and willingness to pursue international justice are one of our main assets. Discuss.
While I agree that Britian is becoming a prejudiced and bigoted country, no thanks in part to the likes of the SUN and the Daily Mail with their "Immigunts Eat Babies" shtick, Bit what relevance has this to this years BB?
Old 21-07-2010, 01:30 AM #27

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:

Resorting to patronising me... sad.

Also incredibly judgemental. You have decided that I am a hippy or somebody who desires to be a hippy. Beyond that, you are now suggestively harbouring a similar kind of view to the fellas' who killed Hopper and Fonda in Born to be Wild, simply because they were defying society and being free. Intimidated by freedom.

Last edited by Alpertinator; 21-07-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Alpertinator is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 01:36 AM #28

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddballmisfitsFTW View Post
Britain is the most politically correct country and so is BB.
Yes it is and it was actually a BB 'incident' that really exposed the obsessive and disturbing PC thinkspeak to the rest of the world that did not yet know how bad things are.
Someone said '*****' in a street slang sense and it was absolute national outrage, newsworthy,
and,
Americans were running the story as a sort of spectacle in sheer amazement and I never forget one news presenter saying "..so there you have it folks.. if you thought we were too PC here.. at least we are not at that point".
Several pundits and commentators used it as an example of a country that had lost its mind.

I enjoy being in a certain other country where people have nearly zero concept of this PC business. People use derogatory racist names and give them little value.
I was shouted down in markets as a 'white devil' and people just agree 'chink' is a racist name for them and don't care. They DO NOT CARE because they are not part of our culture where that is a holy offense.
Its nice actually.

But yes, the UK is so PC that it doesn't realize what a joke it has become because of it. It's so PC that it just offends people demanding they feel victimized so it can punish itself lol!
Wow.. its bad people.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 01:38 AM #29
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

I hope I didn't come across as bigoted, my overall point is that you will have to put up with bull**** anywhere you go. "Interesting" places (where everyone else goes) tend to be especially packed with BS. Like living NYC, the idea was wonderful, but the reality is people are paying for the prestige of living in NYC in human misery. And an exorbitant rent check.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:45 AM #30

Favourites:

Favourites:

I didn't feel you were coming across as bigoted ape, I feel bad for saying that to be honest.

Hey I wouldn't wanna' live in NYC though man that place is too crowded, be cool to visit but not to live there. I couldn't stand it. I'd love to go to the dinosaur museum there though.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:51 AM #31
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpertinator View Post
I didn't feel you were coming across as bigoted ape, I feel bad for saying that to be honest.

Hey I wouldn't wanna' live in NYC though man that place is too crowded, be cool to visit but not to live there. I couldn't stand it. I'd love to go to the dinosaur museum there though.
Natural history museum is NICE. NYC is a great place to visit. Anyways good luck, it's healthy to at least say you tasted the grass on the other side. Just don't expect it to taste like filet mignon
Old 21-07-2010, 02:02 AM #32

Favourites:

Favourites:

Exactly man that's the point of life. To actually taste the grass on the other side. There's this huge world and the way I see it some of the most beautiful parts of the world are not in the UK. I want to go to Africa and the Caribbean islands and I'd love to tour the USA it'd be great to visit the 50 states. Australias' a place I'd love to go to, and Brasilia! Japan as well.
Old 21-07-2010, 02:33 AM #33

Quote:
Modern British culture pisses me off I'll say. There are many countries more beautiful in many ways that I would prefer to live in. I mean European countries like Italy, Spain, France and Germany have remained very respectable nations over the years and still have great culture. Italy is a magnificent country.

I don't like UK and I would love to get outta' here when I'm older.
Well it is possible to upsticks and move to any country in the EU. You need to learn a language though if you want to be accepted.
Someone close to me did that 18 months ago. They say they will never come back to the UK where people build you up just to knock you down it is a British disease.
This is the only country where people are always talking about class, envy of what other people have.
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 03:02 AM #34

Favourites:

Favourites:

I don't think the UK is ANYWHERE near the most prejudice country. Western nations with democracies are FAR more tolerant than many nations.... they've had to be. Today it's not just about "tolerance", which has an unfortunate underlying connotation of "having to put up with" but about understanding and respecting other great and interesting cultures. That's what Britain is about but if you read tibb you wouldn't think so. hehe
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 03:17 AM #35

eh why was my thread locked but this is fine.... this is like cnn or something. whos a mod here? this fourm is a joke.
thevoiceofreason is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 04:17 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofreason View Post
eh why was my thread locked but this is fine.... this is like cnn or something. whos a mod here? this fourm is a joke.
because while maybe it was on the wrong forum (the connection to big brother was a bit vague) we were able to discuss it without resorting to cheap personal attacks against each other unlike the aggressive personally abusive tone that you took on in your thread which caused it to be locked.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 04:23 AM #37
Gold Member

Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddballmisfitsFTW View Post
if I had the money I would leave this sh**hole the very next morning

i'll give you few reasons

1. Pathetic justice system (eg a gang of youths beat someone to death and they get 12 years in a cushy prison)

2. Too much uncontrolled immigration. So, really this isn't a country anymore anyway, it's just a region of Europe.

3. Drinking culture. Every Friday, Saturday night streets of Britain get filled with drunken yobs and slappers.

4. High on target list for Islamic terrorism.

5. Economic crisis has left the country *******ed up. Banks have stolen the public's money and the people are too thick to realise and just accept what politicians tell them.
Step up to America! We only suffer from 4 out of 5 on that list.
Lwize is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 04:32 AM #38
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
Step up to America! We only suffer from 4 out of 5 on that list.
Which in your opinion is the one the US doesnt have?
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 06:39 AM #39

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

The drinking culture I'll bet.
Old 21-07-2010, 07:27 AM #40

Quote:
Modern British culture pisses me off I'll say. There are many countries more beautiful in many ways that I would prefer to live in. I mean European countries like Italy, Spain, France and Germany have remained very respectable nations over the years and still have great culture. Italy is a magnificent country.

I don't like UK and I would love to get outta' here when I'm older.
move
terryrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 08:01 AM #41

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Firstly, this thread should be in the Serious Debates Forum not a BB one.

Secondly, I agree that the immigrants coming to our country are often very prejudiced and it is fortunate for them that they are taken in by a country that is tolerant, fair and bends over backwards, (sometimes to the detriment of the indigenous population), in order to provide them with homes, food, schooling, medical facilities and employment.

I am proud that Britain is the most welcoming and tolerant nation on earth - I challenge anyone to cite any other country that takes in the levels of immigrants that we do, considering most refugees and asylum seekers will risk life and limb to cross several safe countries in order to get here. Is that a deafening silence I hear?

Immigration aside, judging by the comments on this forum alone, sexism, homophobia and disability discrimination is still thriving in the younger generation, so despite the strides in legislation and education, ignorance and prejudice in these areas still prevails.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 08:29 AM #42
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Well said !! dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out ,goodbye and good riddance ,and all you moaners PLEASE stop cashing your giros and claiming tax credits,council tax/rent rebate
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:15 AM #43
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

To paraphrase that legendary right-wing archetype Dirty Harry. I don't like this country or most of its people, but until I find something better, I'll stick with it.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:22 AM #44

Quote:
BB never fails to bring to light how prejudice Britain can be, as much as i love it, it can be a very prejudice place. Unfortunately we don't live in the days of the British empire anymore and rely on many countries to supply as the goods we want to give us the quality of life we are used too. We have hardly any physical exports and our army and willingness to pursue international justice are one of our main assets. Discuss.
army willing to pursue international justice??!! is that a joke? its the army killing and bombing millions of innocent people which is causing so many problems, wake up sonny.
Eye_Spy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:25 AM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
Firstly, this thread should be in the Serious Debates Forum not a BB one.

Secondly, I agree that the immigrants coming to our country are often very prejudiced and it is fortunate for them that they are taken in by a country that is tolerant, fair and bends over backwards, (sometimes to the detriment of the indigenous population), in order to provide them with homes, food, schooling, medical facilities and employment.

I am proud that Britain is the most welcoming and tolerant nation on earth - I challenge anyone to cite any other country that takes in the levels of immigrants that we do, considering most refugees and asylum seekers will risk life and limb to cross several safe countries in order to get here. Is that a deafening silence I hear?

Immigration aside, judging by the comments on this forum alone, sexism, homophobia and disability discrimination is still thriving in the younger generation, so despite the strides in legislation and education, ignorance and prejudice in these areas still prevails.
well after bombing the crap out of their countries, we do take them in, promise to rebuild their countries and send them back. but lets not talk about the bombing, killing and maiming millions of innocent people on here eh? lets just whip up frenzies talking about immigrants and benefits.
Old 21-07-2010, 10:26 AM #46
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
wtf are you on about?

explain what you mean rather than make silly sweeping statements
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:28 AM #47
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Those who want to leave this country should be encouraged to do so. As quickly as possible. And if you really want to experience prejudice, try India. I have never seen such economic and social divides anywhere in the world.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:32 AM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Those who want to leave this country should be encouraged to do so. As quickly as possible. And if you really want to experience prejudice, try India. I have never seen such economic and social divides anywhere in the world.
yes agreed, that caste system is the worst for prejudice in the world IMHO.
Old 21-07-2010, 10:33 AM #49
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

lmao, what do you mean by unfortunately we don't live in the British empire??? You mean when you had invaded other countries?????

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:33 AM #50
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye_Spy View Post
well after bombing the crap out of their countries, we do take them in, promise to rebuild their countries and send them back. but lets not talk about the bombing, killing and maiming millions of innocent people on here eh? lets just whip up frenzies talking about immigrants and benefits.
Bombing them? What, you mean like the refugees from Etheopia that we all gave money to feed a couple of years ago? Or Rwanda, where our country sent troops to stop the militia there cutting the arms off of children? Or maybe Nigeria? We've a lot of refugees from Nigeria... no bombing there though. I think you'll find that most people who come to this country are economic refugees.

The problem with accepting so many refugees into the UK is that they are always placed in communities who are already economically disadvantaged. Maybe we should build a few reception centres in the more well-to-do areas. See how quickly the rules change.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
britian, country, prejudice