Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 PM #26
AKA Arsenalforever

AKA Arsenalforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
It could end tonight and still be better than BB11 & BB12. Really enjoying it so far.
i add BB8 and BB9 to that list too.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 PM #27
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

One of the best first weeks of BB I can remember in a long time, probably as far back as BB6.

But worries are setting in for me now after today's nomination results, we lost a big character last week and we're going to lose one this week - it's just a question of whether it'll be a smaller character, or the bigger one. If the tweens and morons start hijacking the voting as they did last week to make Conor top the votes, then this series could start going downhill very rapidly, as it always does when they take control, as they haven't got a bloody clue. Once you start getting into the process of losing big character week on week, things start to die down and then even more annoyingly, you get the same people whom caused it to die down to then ridiculously complain that it's 'now boring'. Honestly, if that happens when things have started so well and this is shaping up to a be a brilliant series, I'll be more than pissed off. It really is essential that people vote logically and don't allow the deluded few to run off with this excellent start to a series.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:50 PM #28
AKA Arsenalforever

AKA Arsenalforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
One of the best first weeks of BB I can remember in a long time, probably as far back as BB6.

But worries are setting in for me now after today's nomination results, we lost a big character last week and we're going to lose one this week - it's just a question of whether it'll be a smaller character, or the bigger one. If the tweens and morons start hijacking the voting as they did last week to make Conor top the votes, then this series could start going downhill very rapidly, as it always does when they take control, as they haven't got a bloody clue. Once you start getting into the process of losing big character week on week, things start to die down and then even more annoyingly, you get the same people whom caused it to die down to then ridiculously complain that it's 'now boring'. Honestly, if that happens when things have started so well and this is shaping up to a be a brilliant series, I'll be more than pissed off. It really is essential that people vote logically and don't allow the deluded few to run off with this excellent start to a series.
I'm used to it now myself Jack ever since BB8 sadly. The Teenies and Moron's have ruined it. If we lose three big housemates in the next 4 weeks it will gradually fall to pieces.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:56 PM #29

I'm really enjoying it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post

See I really get what you are trying to say here Jack but you must also realise that who you deem is a big character might be a **** housemate to other viewers, not everyone who watches BB will enjoy constant arguing and drama and will prefer some quieter housemates to stick around for some normal fun moments, and not all viewers go online to forums to discuss it either, I will add here that insulting certain viewers by referring to them as morons/deluded etc just because you disagree with the housemates they prefer is just not on.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 PM #30
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Average. Last years opening week was a lot better, even if there was less arguments.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM #31

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Jackie
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Jackie
BBUSA19: Jessica

I think so far it's been a really good series. However, I don't think it's been anywhere near as good The Golden Age (BB5, BB6 and BB7).
Old 11-06-2012, 08:28 PM #32
AKA Arsenalforever

AKA Arsenalforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingjoe View Post
I think so far it's been a really good series. However, I don't think it's been anywhere near as good The Golden Age (BB5, BB6 and BB7).
i agree with that i think those were the peak years i would add BB3 to that list. I think if we get a good to great series i think we be doing ok.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 PM #33

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

I've honestly really enjoyed it. I'm not particularly fond of nomination discussion but other than that, I've honestly enjoyed it big time!

The Thorn Cottage Crew

Last edited by Raph; 11-06-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 PM #34
AKA Arsenalforever

AKA Arsenalforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
I've honestly really enjoyed it. I'm not particularly fond of nomination discussion but other than that, I've honestly enjoyed it big time!
I'm loving the nomination talk myself gives the show more of a edge of your seat vibe. The mian thing is they treat it like a game show which it is afterall.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:08 PM #35
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
I'm really enjoying it so far.

See I really get what you are trying to say here Jack but you must also realise that who you deem is a big character might be a **** housemate to other viewers, not everyone who watches BB will enjoy constant arguing and drama and will prefer some quieter housemates to stick around for some normal fun moments, and not all viewers go online to forums to discuss it either, I will add here that insulting certain viewers by referring to them as morons/deluded etc just because you disagree with the housemates they prefer is just not on.
See I understand this as well, but the way I see it, it is just not possible to deem someone who isn't a big character a big character...if that makes sense LOL. Like how is it at all possible that anyone could deem say Hira in BB10 a big character? Yeah, you can like them as a housemate, fine, but I'm sure even most of her fans would admit she was hardly the biggest character in the house that year and from what I remember they did, surely it's almost like common sense to most people? It seems obvious - the ones that are creating the most storylines, perhaps drama, having the highlights centred around them - those are the big characters surely? I don't see how it's possible for anyone to deem any of the others big characters, and as I said from my personal experience none of them do, they admit they're not the biggest characters but they still like them nonetheless.

So that's I guess where my opinion comes in - I personally cannot see the logic in supporting housemates that aren't big characters. Big characters create discussion, debate and talking points, all of which a show like Big Brother thrive off. If you didn't have discussion and debate, then how would forums like this survive, shows like Bit On The Side which are focused around discussion and debate continue to exist, and what would be the incentive for a large majority of people to tune in? I said this the other night but it's no coincidence that events like Fight Night and Pantsgate and many other arguments or big storylines recorded increased ratings and discussion, this is the kind of thing that Big Brother needs in order for it to survive. If you didn't have big characters that sparked debate, what would we have to discuss, why would anyone have any reason to tune in? If it were a house full of Hira's, or Rachel Rice's, or Steve's, how could you make any discussion out of that? Really, it's a television entertainment show so surely it makes the most sense to keep those who are making the most entertainment (creating talking points etc)?

As for the last point, I don't really think I'm insulting anyone directly if at all to be fair, when I reference deluded or any of the other terms I use, it's largely about the 'voting public', it seems a bit of a wide scope to narrow that down and say it could be insulting other forum members, I think that's a bit unfair. And plus I am not and never have been the only member to use such terms either, it's been happening ever since I joined on here and no one's ever seemed to have much of a problem. In fact, in the last couple of days I've mainly mentioned tweens on Twitter 'ruining the show', and that really has been happening for years and it would seem a bit unfair to then pinpoint that down as being insulting to forum members as well. I'd understand if I directly said to someone 'you're a moron' for supporting certain housemates and I'll admit I've done that in the past, I'll accept and always have accepted that's a rule break, but IMHO it really does seem very vague to try and pinpoint something as large as tweens or the 'voting public' as being insulting to forum members. That's just how I see it personally, I'm not being rude or anything, I just merely wanted to discuss it and I hope it hasn't come across that way...I always think it does for some reason
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 PM #36

I've kind of ignored it the last couple of days in favour of other things. I'll catch up as people say it's been really good. I think the first couple of highlights were definitely better than anything I saw from BB12 which just IMO looked like a cheap imitation of BB. BB13, whilst still not quite there, feels more like BB to me minus the montages/Brian and the woeful live shows.

Last edited by Marsh.; 11-06-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 PM #37
-

-

One of my favourite opening weeks in recent memory, love it!
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 AM #38

Favourites:
UBB: Makosi

Favourites:
UBB: Makosi

LOVE IT!!
Best year in ages
That guy with the long hair on BOTS even said i
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 AM #39
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

For me it's already overtook BB9,BB11 and BB12 beginnings, hopefully it can stay on track and be a top series. We deserve one after the dreadful past two.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 AM #40

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Loving this year.. some superb characters lots of arguements lots of bitching so many tantrums etc marvelous...and even some eye candy for us ladies mmm benedict *drool*
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM #41

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Well even so, it's being reflected in the ratings. Normally the first HL show is traditionally the highest rated in the entire series (bar launch and final):

First HL show- 1.52m
Last nights HL show- 1.65m

It's been rare in the last few years that a regular HL show has beaten the first HL show.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 AM #42
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Well even so, it's being reflected in the ratings. Normally the first HL show is traditionally the highest rated in the entire series (bar launch and final):

First HL show- 1.52m
Last nights HL show- 1.65m

It's been rare in the last few years that a regular HL show has beaten the first HL show.
They have a great mix of characters. Even Becky is different. It would have been even better with Anthony, but nevermind! He's here with us!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 AM #43

It's a million times better than last season. Last season bored me to tears. It was the Aaron drama queen show. These season has lots of characters.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM #44

To be honest, it hasn't grabbed me yet. Nobody stands out and there are too many generic people, male and female. Where is a Marcus, a Freddie? Even a Lisa from that same series - and I hated her. All we have is eye-candy. I'd like to think people are more intelligent to see beyond that.
EmptySouls is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySouls View Post
To be honest, it hasn't grabbed me yet. Nobody stands out and there are too many generic people, male and female. Where is a Marcus, a Freddie? Even a Lisa from that same series - and I hated her. All we have is eye-candy. I'd like to think people are more intelligent to see beyond that.
marcus Freeddie and Lisa weren't even interesting in the first week of BB10, it was the Sree and Angel (both annoying and rightfully evicted quickly) show for the first week of BB10.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 AM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
marcus Freeddie and Lisa weren't even interesting in the first week of BB10, it was the Sree and Angel (both annoying and rightfully evicted quickly) show for the first week of BB10.
I don't think Lisa was interesting the entire run. What I was trying to get across, in the past we had a more diverse spread of personalities. Now, there at least three guys: Arron, Luke S and Connor ... maybe even Benedict that I am so grateful that the show puts the names on who they are, because they all meld into one for me. Same with many of the girls.
EmptySouls is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 AM #47
User banned

User banned

Probably the best opening week in years. Definitely much better than BB12.

Last edited by Me. I Am Salman; 12-06-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 AM #48

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

I don't mind it
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 AM #49
victoria's evil eyes

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
CBB14: Frenchy
victoria's evil eyes

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
CBB14: Frenchy

its good so far but the next few evictions will decide wheather it is great or not its got a big brother 6 feel to it at the moment
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 AM #50

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

The last bb was much better a much better diverse group of people. This year they seem to of picked lots of pretty people but they have no personality and are very boring. The 3 wildcards were all better than 90% that made it in the house thats the type they should of put in.
were see but so far its a bit lame. most of them i dislike.
smeagol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb13, holding