Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:24 PM #26
Streets Ahead

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Lacey Banghard
BB13: Lauren
Streets Ahead

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Lacey Banghard
BB13: Lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Very confusing to watch. Every time someone does something bad and deserves to be evicted, they get sheltered by BB edits or twists. This year the Edits and twists have shaped the way the HM,s have been evicted or viewed by the public. BB has gone from being a show for the public, shaped by the public and winners decided by the public, to a show run by a very biased media corporation with a hidden agenda.

It has got to the point where voting has been a waste of time as the edits and favouritism on BBBOTS is so blatant that even Emma felt the need to defend herself last night. The main problem is that these biased edits seem to change from week to week and favour different HM,s with the exception of the chosen few that BB have decided they need to keep in the house.

BB chooses HM,s with the IQ of a carrot then they spend the rest of the time defending and manipulating the show to keep it interesting. Why don't they just choose interesting and relatively honest HM,s with half a brain and allow them to compete and falter by virtue of interesting tasks and the odd twist.

This blatant manipulation is pandering to the needs of the cyber warrior type and real viewers are refusing to watch the show because of this. In short if they want the series to survive, they need to take a step back and offer a program full of fun and interesting tasks instead of hanging their hat on the coat peg of disgusting and uncomfortable viewing.
Great post. I agree 100%, especially with the bolded part. I stopped watching this series midway through and probably (if nothing changes) will not watch next ones.
R0B1S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:17 PM #27
-

-

I said weeks ago that I'll see this series through (i can't stop half way through... I'm the same with films, even if they're awful I have to see the end if I've got more than half an hour in) and I'll give it a chance at redemption next year... I'll give it 2 weeks but if it's like this again, I'm giving up. And I've watched it every summer for 15 years, since I was 13 .

I'll stick with CBB though, so long as they don't start meddling with that. I suspect the celebs actually have much tighter contracts that mean misrepresentative edits would be harder for producers to get away with. It's just getting ridiculous on the main series, to the point that the HL shows are works of pure fiction half the time. They're not even good at hiding it. a few weeks ago they showed a scene that was supposedly at "blah 15 pm" and Jack wandered into shot holding the pink water ring... Then a few scenes later Jack and Joe were called to the DR... To START the task that included the water ring . So either the twins have become so fat that their gravitational field bends space and time... or the HL edits don't even bother with being in chronological order any more.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:42 PM #28

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

they are pushing the natural storylines this year more than ive ever seen before
i.e dex calllum hate eachother so lets do tasks where they can argue more
people say twins are funny lets give them tasks to show it etc etc
even grouping people for the voting i.e hazel and daley together
whatever naturally comes up bb take note this series and push it. i.e the love triangle etc
though to be honest it just makes sense to capitalize on what is real in the house and push it further ,rather than ignoring it and doin other things like they used to do.

whether they go to far is another matter.
i.e hazel daley backfired. dex v callum was uncomfortable n if he went crazier well wouldn't of been good for bb. and the love triangle they pushed to much. and the twins being funny. they are not. but in general bb are being smart this year.

Last edited by smeagol; 08-08-2013 at 04:43 PM.
smeagol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:01 PM #29

Sad, but true.
wormsinfested is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:43 PM #30

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
I've only seen a clip of this but I'd love to know how she got to be Queen Bee-I'll bet she's loving abusing all the power she's been given by electrocuting people, especially Hazel, who in turn, because she keeps being zapped is getting more and more stressed and angry.

Tasteful t.v.......NOT.
It's just a bit of fun. Big brothers always manipulated situations, it's just more noticeable this year.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:06 PM #31
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

lol at the faux outrage, followed up with I will watch CBB though. Why would CBB be any better or any worse??? same producers, same task team, same spin off shows.. Simple solution if you are that outraged, please stop watching and then moaning about it. Manipulation and BB go hand in hand...in the past it was sleep and food deprivation, now it is pitting people against each other, just watch the ex HMs on BOTS none of them care once they come out and they actually laugh at how they behaved in the house and dont take it too seriously, lighten up folks.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, made, manipulation, year