Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB22 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22], won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

Old 22-08-2018, 05:05 AM #26
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
I actually quite like her, she's not been unbearable at all... if she is secretive, it could be to protect the church, but she also seems that way personality-wise... just a chilled, laid-back woman... imagine if Natalie had done her research on her.......
...I don’t dislike her as such, Maru...for me, there is not much to dislike ..but not much to like either as she’s so vapid, as Shaun said...is how it’s feeling sadly...even with ‘bad girls’ like Natalie, for instance..?...there is depth of character so there is something to begin understanding and exploration..but Kirstie gives nothing, I don’t feel...there is no starting point with her...atm for me...and I was all up for loving her in her feistiness and her outspokenness and her being her own person...so it’s a huge disappointment for me...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 05:05 AM #27

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Great points, Ammi.

I would bet that there are millions of devout Christians who do not REALLY understand Christianity or the Judeo Christian bible in any real depth.

Ditto other religions.
Like i said i don't expect her to go in full details about politics or religion and have heavy debates , she also briefly said she was brought up Christian . The saying goes never argue about politics and religion because it can get messy.

However i don't think there's anything wrong with briefly giving a summary of your beliefs. But i also understand things can get heated with split views etc and people can challenge you in a unhealthy way .And when there's someone like Natalie prodding her , obviously it will encourage her to keep her guard up so i understand that.
Old 22-08-2018, 05:07 AM #28

They arent allowed to discuss it apparently
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 05:21 AM #29
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
They arent allowed to discuss it apparently
...they put in a Scientologist...not allowed to discuss Scientology...they wanted to put in a Trump dalliance...not allowed to discuss that ahem alliance...give their heads a wobble, Josy...we’re hungry, we need something...we need the discussions...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 08:02 AM #30

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...they put in a Scientologist...not allowed to discuss Scientology...they wanted to put in a Trump dalliance...not allowed to discuss that ahem alliance...give their heads a wobble, Josy...we’re hungry, we need something...we need the discussions...
Well this is what happens when you put people like dan or Ben in a 30 day series where you have to rely on the unbearable American reality star or the person in a cult who’s not allowed to speak out about it
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 08:04 AM #31
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

I'm pretty sure it's a crime in Scientology to spread false values or misinterpret the beliefs so she's probably just covering her own back
Old 22-08-2018, 08:43 AM #32

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Through personal experience, having a sister who got drawn into Scientology after receiving a leaflet in which they seemed to promise to change the lives of people who were basically depressed and full of negativity about themselves, Scientology is about exploitation of the vulnerable.

My sister was mentally and emotionally in a very bad place so I went with her to their base where she was told to fill in a very long tick box questionnaire which left them able to very quickly identify her insecurities and weaknesses. They then used these in a discussion with her to completely destroy any last ounce of confidence and self esteem she had left. It was manipulative, dangerous and horrendous, and left her feeling totally defeated by the world.

At that point they promised to solve all her problems if she joined their 'cult' - which I refuse to call a religion. When she agreed, they took her to a separate room, and coerced her to write a hefty cheque. She emerged in tears, in a desperate state and felt totally worthless. I was truly concerned about her mental health, and it was clear to me they had exploited her weakness. They had broken her.

I demanded they return her cheque and they took me into a room where they were extremely intimidating and used implied threats in an attempt to make me back down. They kept me in that room for a long time and tried to identify my weaknesses and use them to break me. It was like they were trying to destroy my beliefs and control my mind.

I actually felt in danger so left the room and returned to the area where many other vulnerable people were filling in their questionnaires. They pursued me and tried to force me back into the room so I loudly highlighted that they were manipulating the weak in order to exploit them and take their money. It was only then that they returned the cheque in order to keep me quiet.

I was so glad to get out of that place unharmed and we got away from the area as a matter of urgency, as I was honestly concerned that they might follow us. We felt concerned for quite a while afterwards as my sister's address was on the questionnaire, but thankfully no more came of it. However, it has left me with a very negative opinion of Scientology.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 08:47 AM #33

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

She explained her storm brilliantly.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 08:54 AM #34
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
I can understand her not wanting to get into a full blown political debate, but why is it people who believe in Scientology including herself are really defensive and vague about it like they're exhausted/fed up and almost offended to even be asked about it ?!?? .

It makes the whole thing seem even more like a weird cult following . And i still don't understand the full in's and outs of Scientology or what the hell it is , i know there's mention of aliens in it .She wasn't helpful either by telling Rodrigo who hasn't got access to " read a book" .
Kirstie seems to want to come across as perfect to the public, and probably hates the fact that people keep bringing up her controversial opinions.

Imo though I found her to be really rude to Rodrigo and should've just answered him properly, I would've respected her more if she'd have just been honest about the Religion.
Old 22-08-2018, 09:00 AM #35
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Rather like those here in this country who 'back' Corbyn?
Corbyn nor May are as bad as Trump, that's unique to America.
Old 22-08-2018, 09:00 AM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Kirstie seems to want to come across as perfect to the public, and probably hates the fact that people keep bringing up her controversial opinions.

Imo though I found her to be really rude to Rodrigo and should've just answered him properly, I would've respected her more if she'd have just been honest about the Religion.
I agree. She could have just given a very brief outline of their core beliefs, without getting into her personal situation. I'm sure if she was a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc, she would have done so. The fact that she wouldn't even do this just highlighted for me the controlling nature of Scientology. If she believes in it and Scientology is something positive, surely they would like their message highlighted in this situation?
Old 22-08-2018, 09:10 AM #37
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
I agree. She could have just given a very brief outline of their core beliefs, without getting into her personal situation. I'm sure if she was a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc, she would have done so. The fact that she wouldn't even do this just highlighted for me the controlling nature of Scientology. If she believes in it and Scientology is something positive, surely they would like their message highlighted in this situation?
Exactly.
Old 22-08-2018, 09:53 AM #38
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Through personal experience, having a sister who got drawn into Scientology after receiving a leaflet in which they seemed to promise to change the lives of people who were basically depressed and full of negativity about themselves, Scientology is about exploitation of the vulnerable.

My sister was mentally and emotionally in a very bad place so I went with her to their base where she was told to fill in a very long tick box questionnaire which left them able to very quickly identify her insecurities and weaknesses. They then used these in a discussion with her to completely destroy any last ounce of confidence and self esteem she had left. It was manipulative, dangerous and horrendous, and left her feeling totally defeated by the world.

At that point they promised to solve all her problems if she joined their 'cult' - which I refuse to call a religion. When she agreed, they took her to a separate room, and coerced her to write a hefty cheque. She emerged in tears, in a desperate state and felt totally worthless. I was truly concerned about her mental health, and it was clear to me they had exploited her weakness. They had broken her.

I demanded they return her cheque and they took me into a room where they were extremely intimidating and used implied threats in an attempt to make me back down. They kept me in that room for a long time and tried to identify my weaknesses and use them to break me. It was like they were trying to destroy my beliefs and control my mind.

I actually felt in danger so left the room and returned to the area where many other vulnerable people were filling in their questionnaires. They pursued me and tried to force me back into the room so I loudly highlighted that they were manipulating the weak in order to exploit them and take their money. It was only then that they returned the cheque in order to keep me quiet.

I was so glad to get out of that place unharmed and we got away from the area as a matter of urgency, as I was honestly concerned that they might follow us. We felt concerned for quite a while afterwards as my sister's address was on the questionnaire, but thankfully no more came of it. However, it has left me with a very negative opinion of Scientology.
That's interesting and backs up a lot of what I've heard and watched about Scientology. There must be some people who are allowed to talk about it as they have people who distribute leaflets and try and persuade other people to join but I guess maybe only certain members are authorised to do that. From what I understand they exercise a huge amount of control over people right down to who they're allowed to be friends with and who they can have relationships with and it's very difficult to leave once you're in. I'm always amazed how many celebrities have signed up to it

I also found it weird the only question she did respond to was when Rodrigo asked if there was a God and she replied something like 'not if you don't want there to be'
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 10:40 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
That's interesting and backs up a lot of what I've heard and watched about Scientology. There must be some people who are allowed to talk about it as they have people who distribute leaflets and try and persuade other people to join but I guess maybe only certain members are authorised to do that. From what I understand they exercise a huge amount of control over people right down to who they're allowed to be friends with and who they can have relationships with and it's very difficult to leave once you're in. I'm always amazed how many celebrities have signed up to it

I also found it weird the only question she did respond to was when Rodrigo asked if there was a God and she replied something like 'not if you don't want there to be'
The strange thing is I don't really think the people who we encountered did talk about it. The leaflets didn't mention Scientology (or money) but promised to provide answers and make a massive difference to people who were struggling in life.

It was all very friendly on arrival, and the very first thing they asked us to do was complete the questionnaires. I only did so out of curiosity. After handing them in, we were both invited into a separate rooms - divide and conquer? Unlike my sister, they didn't feel I needed their help - I think because my answers suggested I was not vulnerable and therefore they recognised they'd be unable to easily manipulate me.

No-one tried to persuade us to 'join' anything - in fact, we weren't even made aware that there was anything to join. it was more they manipulated my sister into believing she was in desperate need of their help and that they wanted to do all they could to support her.

It was only after she'd paid her money that she was told she needed to buy the Ron Hubbard book, which I hadn't heard of at the time. Afterwards I did a bit of research and found out about Scientology.

Last edited by Garfie; 22-08-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 22-08-2018, 11:03 PM #40
Rule #1: Never Be #2

Rule #1: Never Be #2

She came across as a thick puppet who didn't want to expose the fact she knows nothing about the true meaning of the mickey mouse religion she's part of. Similar to this child preacher, she's most likely way out of her depth..

It shows you that people will fill their lives with all sorts of crap, as a way of filling their existence with whatever interest..and/or just finding a sense of "belonging"
Pro Sniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 11:17 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to ask a question about your religion.
I don't think it's unreasonable either.

Just as I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to choose not to discuss an aspect of their private life.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 11:35 PM #42

Quote:
Kirstie seems to want to come across as perfect to the public
Not really. The cocaine story was not about a perfect woman.
Old 22-08-2018, 11:37 PM #43

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Quote:

So scary. You were super brave -- heroic -- for what you did to save your sister and even get her money out of there, along with her, while informing others, too. Good on you.

I knew someone in college who went into a scientology center on a lark to take their "personality quiz", which is what you described, something to find areas they can use to exploit and manipulate someone. They kept him there for hours, refusing to let him leave. He tried many ways to leave, but they insisted he wasn't done yet, and that they were trying to help him, etc. (I think it might have eventually helped him get to leave that he didn't have a source of payment on him.)

It's pretty well-known that they love pursuing actors/musicians/etc. whose careers are struggling and can be boosted by already-successful scientologists. They also go after those with addictions, suffering from depression/other mental health issues, and tell them they don't need medication or medical treatment, and that scientology has better alternatives. Seeking out vulnerable people for their money and their free labor isn't cool, and in the U.S. they're labeled as a church, so they don't even pay taxes or face much enough scrutiny for their missing leader's wife and other missing/mysteriously dead members.
Spoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 11:38 PM #44
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Not really. The cocaine story was not about a perfect woman.
It's not as controversial as being a Trump supporter or being involved in Scientology as she knows that those two things are costly to her possibly winning the show is my point.

She'll not want those two things being mentioned too often on the show.
Old 22-08-2018, 11:39 PM #45

Quote:
It's not as controversial as being a Trump supporter or being involved in Scientology as she knows that those two things are costly to her possibly winning the show is my point.

She'll not want those two things being mentioned too often on the show.
It's Kirstie Alley mate. She's in there for the money, not for a crowd of 20 teenagers in a Tesco car park in London to love her and give her the "win".
Old 23-08-2018, 12:58 AM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
So scary. You were super brave -- heroic -- for what you did to save your sister and even get her money out of there, along with her, while informing others, too. Good on you.

I knew someone in college who went into a scientology center on a lark to take their "personality quiz", which is what you described, something to find areas they can use to exploit and manipulate someone. They kept him there for hours, refusing to let him leave. He tried many ways to leave, but they insisted he wasn't done yet, and that they were trying to help him, etc. (I think it might have eventually helped him get to leave that he didn't have a source of payment on him.)

It's pretty well-known that they love pursuing actors/musicians/etc. whose careers are struggling and can be boosted by already-successful scientologists. They also go after those with addictions, suffering from depression/other mental health issues, and tell them they don't need medication or medical treatment, and that scientology has better alternatives. Seeking out vulnerable people for their money and their free labor isn't cool, and in the U.S. they're labeled as a church, so they don't even pay taxes or face much enough scrutiny for their missing leader's wife and other missing/mysteriously dead members.
Cheers! But I wouldn't have been so brave had I known what I was dealing with- I can't stand injustice and was just peed off that they were trying to take advantage of my sister. Your last sentence is scary stuff! No wonder my instincts told me to get out of the area super quickly!
Old 23-08-2018, 01:21 AM #47
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

Yeah, tax-exempt/non-profit status in the US really empowered their practices I think. There are other countries where they are treated more for what they are. The irony there is they used the same practices of harassment towards ex-members against IRS employees supposedly to get that ruling...it really emboldened their ranks and sent a big message to current members...

Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 02:43 AM #48
Banned

Banned

The celebrity version of Scientology is kind of whatever they want it to be, so they kind of know that a lot of it is horse****, but because they need a kind of therapy that hasn't been invented yet they self-medicate on spiritual fantasy. Fooked up.
Binbin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 03:00 AM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
The production are not known for consistency or thinking things through it seems, I mean the "theme" for this Cbb seems to be desperate for lack of a eloquent term (btw good to see you Ammi )
Lstan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alley, answering, kirstie, questions