Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 23-07-2008, 05:41 PM #26

I used to but don't now, not for 15 years.

I like Lauren, weighed up exactly that balnce of what value they gave to me against the cost, both finicial, health, and just as impotantly the social and cosmetic cost.
Often I would hear people didnt like the smoking so I was invited to places less by friends, and that probably more than anything made me realise it was a habit that was just not worth the price.
Thankfully, I also gave up 5 years before being diagnosed with cancer or I really would have been upset, it would have seemed and even bigger direct result.
AngRemembered is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 05:41 PM #27

I don't smoke.

The only occasions I do smoke is when clubbing and I'm p*ssed and a mate has dragged me out for a fag and I nick theirs and smoke it.
Rocko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 05:43 PM #28

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

nope i dont smoke and will probably never will. I dont like the smell it gives on your clothes and i just probably will never will im not sure why
BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 05:44 PM #29

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocko
I don't smoke.

The only occasions I do smoke is when clubbing and I'm p*ssed and a mate has dragged me out for a fag and I nick theirs and smoke it.
same i always feel bad about it the next day though and wonder why but i hardly ever do it so its not that bad
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 05:44 PM #30
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

Quote:
Originally posted by Very_Nayce
Quote:
Originally posted by Gazbo
You don't have to be a genius to to know that smoking is bad for you. My grandfather died of lung cancer, my aunt in law had a heart attack because of it, and my uncle can barely even walk and has to take about seven different pills a day because of smoking. And that is why I will NEVER let myself and my body have anything to do with smoking.
Who said you have to be a genius? Every smoker KNOWS its bad for you. But they do it by choice. Because they like it. And you only live once. Im not about to stop them or put myself on a moral pedestal.

Still, I like how you avoided all the arguments to bring your family into it, which is incredibly unfair. Sure, you have your reasons for not smoking, but others have their reasons FOR smoking, so just leave them be!

The government is already spending enough telling us not to smoke!
Hey I haven't even spoken to half of my family in about three years so that has **** all to do with it, I'm simply using them as examples.

Leave them be?!?! You are the one that started this by having a go at me. It would have been just as easy for you to make your point without having to bring me into it.

Maybe if some people actually listened to the goverment then they wouldn't have to put so much money into warning us and could put some money into some more worthy causes such as the shitty healthy system.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 05:50 PM #31

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You don't have to be a genius to to know that smoking is bad for you. My grandfather died of lung cancer, my aunt in law had a heart attack because of it, and my uncle can barely even walk and has to take about seven different pills a day because of smoking. And that is why I will NEVER let myself and my body have anything to do with smoking.
Who said you have to be a genius? Every smoker KNOWS its bad for you. But they do it by choice. Because they like it. And you only live once. Im not about to stop them or put myself on a moral pedestal.

Still, I like how you avoided all the arguments to bring your family into it, which is incredibly unfair. Sure, you have your reasons for not smoking, but others have their reasons FOR smoking, so just leave them be!

The government is already spending enough telling us not to smoke!
Hey I haven't even spoken to half of my family in about three years so that has **** all to do with it, I'm simply using them as examples.

Leave them be?!?! You are the one that started this by having a go at me. It would have been just as easy for you to make your point without having to bring me into it.

Maybe if some people actually listened to the goverment then they wouldn't have to put so much money into warning us and could put some money into some more worthy causes such as the shitty healthy system.
Your argument fails again. If your family dont matter, why bring them in as examples? I dont need examples. Im perfectly aware of statistics.

And I was 'having a go at you' because you were such a vehement anti smoker, using silly language and calling smokers stupid just for making their own personal choice. If you cant handle a debate, what the hell are you even doing posting? Dont back out now just because the chips are down.

Also, I would venture a guess that the government have NO problem spending all that money telling us not to smoke, when you consider THE TAXES THEY ARE GETTING from people buying cigarettes. So thats another point taken care of.
Very_Nayce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 05:51 PM #32

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

No I don't. It's vile. There is 12/13 year olds in my school smoking acting like neds (a scottish word for hooligans). I hold my breath whenever I walk past them smoking. It is literally terrible.
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 05:51 PM #33

Quote:
Originally posted by supernoodles!
Quote:
I don't smoke.

same i always feel bad about it the next day though and wonder why but i hardly ever do it so its not that bad
It's funny because they tell me off, not for pinching their fags but because they say it's bad FOR ME.

Personally I'd never do it sober, because I just don't get any positive feeling from smoking. If I got any kick from it then maybe but, never. I think I'm doing it wrong.
Old 23-07-2008, 07:20 PM #34
Nah

Nah

Yes I do and I'm pi$$sed off of people telling me 'It's bad' ang blablabla. Let me do want I want to and let it go, people think they need to be involved in your predicament.
I love it and I am proud of it and if a non-smoker starts to annoy me then I tell that one to get lost.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 07:26 PM #35

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

No I don't, it's a vile and disgusting habit that can cause people health and financial problems. I'm staying well away from them.
Matt08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 07:29 PM #36

The same can be said of drink, if you exchange all the lung and heart problems for hooliganism and violence. In fact, on a social level, drink does far more damage.

But we cant go giving up drink can we? Noooo, thats different. And we will defend it to the death like the hypocritical bastards that we are.

I just find it hillarious when people so willingly point out that its vile and it can cause health problems.

Well duh?...
Old 23-07-2008, 07:31 PM #37

Quote:
The same can be said of drink, if you exchange all the lung and heart problems for hooliganism and violence. In fact, on a social level, drink does far more damage.

But we cant go giving up drink can we? No, thats different.
True, and the same can be said of over eating.

A documentary on smoking pointed out that although people will happily tell you not to smoke because it's bad for your health, they wouldn't necessarily do the same for a clearly obese person stuffing their face with cake.
Old 23-07-2008, 07:33 PM #38

Quote:
Quote:

A documentary on smoking pointed out that although people will happily tell you not to smoke because it's bad for your health, they wouldn't necessarily do the same for a clearly obese person stuffing their face with cake.
Thats a very good point. But hey, you cant get passive fat from standing next to somebody eating, so why would joe public give a ****? People just want something to bitch about because their lives are so miserable. Well I cant kill anybody in a car because im smoking a ****ing cigarette.
Old 23-07-2008, 07:35 PM #39

I proud myself on never smoking in anywhere public, the most public place i've ever smoked was in a smoking area in a club or pub and if there are non smokers there then its their own fault.
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 07:36 PM #40

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thats a very good point. But hey, you cant get passive fat from standing next to somebody eating, so why would joe public give a ****?
Lol...passive fat. Imagine that

You could in a way though be drawn to also eating cake?

..ok . . ok . . I'll let that one go.
Old 23-07-2008, 07:39 PM #41

Quote:
Originally posted by Fom
I proud myself on never smoking in anywhere public, the most public place i've ever smoked was in a smoking area in a club or pub and if there are non smokers there then its their own fault.
Im the same. And I find it both hillarious and deeply depressing that despite the fact that smokers are being given less and less rights, non smokers still cry out for more.

Their are some people who im sure believe in their heart and souls that in the time it takes them to WALK PAST a smoker, they will get lung cancer.

~~oHHH passife smokin kills me!!!

My arse it does. how long do you non smokers spend around somebody smoking fags at the bus stop, seriously?
Old 23-07-2008, 07:53 PM #42

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Stacey Solomon

Favourites:

I smoke about 3/4 a day, and it's not like a smoker really chooses to, for me, I was addicted before I knew it and I can't stop. Well I could but I choose not to. There are so many reasons why people smoke, and I have no problem with people smoking or not smoking as long as they don't try to lecture me. I know the risks and i choose to take them.
thisisme2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 08:11 PM #43

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Very_Nayce has said everything I think on it, and on some of your views on smoking.

Though I'd love to see those of you who hold your breath walking past a smoker walk past a line of 20 people having a cig.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 08:13 PM #44
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by thisisme2008
I smoke about 3/4 a day, and it's not like a smoker really chooses to, for me, I was addicted before I knew it and I can't stop. Well I could but I choose not to.
Did I misunderstand your post?

First you say you didn't choose to be addicted, then you said you're addicted... but you're not addicted cos you can stop when you want... but you choose not to?

Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 08:18 PM #45

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by thisisme2008
I smoke about 3/4 a day, and it's not like a smoker really chooses to, for me, I was addicted before I knew it and I can't stop. Well I could but I choose not to.
Did I misunderstand your post?

First you say you didn't choose to be addicted, then you said you're addicted... but you're not addicted cos you can stop when you want... but you choose not to?

yeah sorry that is phrased craply. What I meant was this:

The original poster said that he doesn't get why people do it and I was meaning that although I choose to smoke, I wasn't really doing it to start with with the intention of carrying on but I was addicted within about 2 weeks. And although I could stop I don't want to. Although we made the choice to smoke, we can't really control cravings and so the element of choice is somewhat diminished. That is what i was trying to say. I'm still not sure if that makes sense.
thisisme2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 08:41 PM #46

I'm an occasional smoker, I can stop smoking anytime I want. I smoke only when I'm stressed. I don't really mind people smoking around me because I like the smell of smoke.
melanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 09:44 PM #47

No, my dad, grandad and gran all smoke and seeing the money and health impacts on those along with the dislike for the smell of smoke etc i never will
Stewart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 09:47 PM #48
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Only when I'm drunk/tipsy.

Otherwise its just a waste of money in my opinion.
LemonJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 05:09 PM #49

I used to, but I wasn't really addicted and just thought "Meh. This isn't doing much for me" and I stopped.

OCCASIONALLY I might have one if a friend is, but I generally don't.
Jakeh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 05:45 PM #50

Nope.
Chemicle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
smoke