Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 29-07-2009, 07:07 PM #51

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybele
Quote:
Originally posted by lucifer1968
can we just remember this is english BB not american
I don't think anyone here forgot that. The AMERICANS didn't insist that Isaac come on the show. ISAAC didn't insist on coming on the show. THE BB PRODUCERS asked him to come on the show.

So rather than going on a hate filled tirade against another government, why don't you take it up with the producers of BB?
quote any reference that i made against anybodys governmentif you can. all im saying is i dont want the english BB to have american contestants.what's wrong with that
lucifer1968 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:09 PM #52
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Matt Cardle

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Matt Cardle

Quote:
Originally posted by BBmassive
Quote:
Originally posted by MissKittyFantastico
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Shasown
Quote:

Exactly. There wouldn't be a Britain at all if it wasn't for America.
Interesting comment, please explain.

Werent the countries of what was to become the UK already in being before the US came into existance?
They're talking about during the second world war. Us and France were being slaughtered by the Germans until the Americans bailed in to help us out.

Therefore if it wasn't for America there's a chance there wouldn't even have been a Britain anymore and we'd be ruled by Germany.
And we have paid back in young soldiers blood ,one of them my nephews best mate who was buried yesterday
I'm really sorry to hear that.

I just don't agree with people blaming America for US joining in with every war that's going on in the world. If you want to blame anyone then blame our own government.
Dont get me wrong i do ,for too long we have paid back the yanks for jumping in at the last minute of ww2 , for too long we have been the usa puppets ,we are now paying with so many young ,wasted lives ,we need to tell the yanks to fight thier own battles ,we should pull EVERYONE of our troops out of Afghanistan ,before more Mothers are burying thier lads
The thing you need to realise is that they are a LOT of American people who feel the same way as you do, while they are proud of their troops, they don't want them fighting in these wars either.

So it's a bit extreme to say you hate every American, when it's the governments of both this country and theirs that are responsible, not the American people themselves.

Don't forget one of the reasons Obama was voted in was because he promised to pull American troops out of Iraq.
MissKittyFantastico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:11 PM #53
Tripping Not Genuflecting

Tripping Not Genuflecting

Why is he here!?
he's gonna be as useful as Anne Frank's drum kit..
hennessy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:11 PM #54

He ain't all that eather

likewatchinwallpaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:12 PM #55

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think anyone here forgot that. The AMERICANS didn't insist that Isaac come on the show. ISAAC didn't insist on coming on the show. THE BB PRODUCERS asked him to come on the show.

So rather than going on a hate filled tirade against another government, why don't you take it up with the producers of BB?
quote any reference that i made against anybodys governmentif you can. all im saying is i dont want the english BB to have american contestants.what's wrong with that
You are correct and I apologize. I got you and the two bigots who hate all things American confused.
Cybele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:16 PM #56

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are correct and I apologize. I got you and the two bigots who hate all things American confused.
no problem i forgive you
Old 29-07-2009, 07:17 PM #57

Quote:
Is it English or BRITISH BB?? In any case, Noirin is IRISH, not British either way, and there sure are A LOT of other foreign born people in this year. I was a bit disappointed from the start.

I'd love to see more regular British people, and only one or two who aren't naturally born there. Does take the "Britishness" out of it, which is one reason THIS American loves to watch it!!!

IndigoJo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:20 PM #58
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:

You are right about one thing. America did not officially enter the war until later.

However, how do you think Britain was protecting themselves against u-boat attacks? Who was giving them arms? Who was giving them ships? Who protected their supply lines? Britain absolutely would have lost the Battle of Britain if it wasn't for the US. And also, who ultimately defeated Germany (with the help of Russia)? And after the war, who helped rebuild Britain?
We protected our own ships against German Uboats

Whilst its true the Americans were "giving" us arms etc , ir was on a thing called Lend-Lease, something we have to pay back hence a large proportion of our post war national debt.

The Americans didnt help us in the Battle of Britain, as for their helping us, technically they were still in a recession, they started in the 1920's(funny old thing the us starting a recession) The germans had ended theirs by re arming their country, simialr to how we ended ours. And the americans didnt like Fascism.

The Russians defeated Germany(with a little help from the US,UK and their allies, they were in Berlin first, the fact the German High Command surrendered to the US/UK side is simply because they would receive better terms for themselves, their men and their country.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:20 PM #59

Quote:
Originally posted by IndigoJo
Quote:
Is it English or BRITISH BB?? In any case, Noirin is IRISH, not British either way, and there sure are A LOT of other foreign born people in this year. I was a bit disappointed from the start.

I'd love to see more regular British people, and only one or two who aren't naturally born there. Does take the "Britishness" out of it, which is one reason THIS American loves to watch it!!!

I wish they would do a regional BB... each housemate from a different area. It seems like a lot of them either come from London or live in London.
Old 29-07-2009, 07:23 PM #60

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ViaVerde
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Werent the countries of what was to become the UK already in being before the US came into existance?
They're talking about during the second world war. Us and France were being slaughtered by the Germans until the Americans bailed in to help us out.

Therefore if it wasn't for America there's a chance there wouldn't even have been a Britain anymore and we'd be ruled by Germany.
I can't BEGIN to tell you how stupid this post makes you look.
No, do tell me. Don't just call someone stupid and not give reasons to back it up thank you very much.
Because the USA joined the war after Japan bombed American soil. Before that it wasn't just the UK and France, it was Canada and Australia and India and South Africa etc. etc. etc...... fighting the Germans. Saying the Americans saved us makes it clear you got the majority of your historical knowledge from Hollywood, and that's a shame. It's also a real insult to the people who died defending this country to have you insist that it was the USA who won the war.
Prole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:25 PM #61

Quote:
If you think it's English, why are you flying the British flag?
Old 29-07-2009, 07:25 PM #62

America entered into WW2 when hitler was weak.
Mr.X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:26 PM #63

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can't BEGIN to tell you how stupid this post makes you look.
No, do tell me. Don't just call someone stupid and not give reasons to back it up thank you very much.
Because the USA joined the war after Japan bombed American soil. Before that it wasn't just the UK and France, it was Canada and Australia and India and South Africa etc. etc. etc...... fighting the Germans. Saying the Americans saved us makes it clear you got the majority of your historical knowledge from Hollywood, and that's a shame. It's also a real insult to the people who died defending this country to have you insist that it was the USA who won the war.
There is a big difference between when the US officially joined the war and when they started assisting in the war effort especially with regards to Britain.
Old 29-07-2009, 07:27 PM #64

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by IndigoJo
Quote:

I wish they would do a regional BB... each housemate from a different area. It seems like a lot of them either come from London or live in London.
that would of been a good idea
Old 29-07-2009, 07:27 PM #65

Quote:
There is a big difference between when the US officially joined the war and when they started assisting in the war effort especially with regards to Britain.
That's true. But they didn't do it for nothing. I think the UK finally paid off the debt in 1998.
Old 29-07-2009, 07:30 PM #66
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Well said !! RULE BRITTANIA
BBmassive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:30 PM #67

Quote:
Quote:
because it's the union jack and i like it
Old 29-07-2009, 07:30 PM #68

Quote:
Quote:
That's true. But they didn't do it for nothing. I think the UK finally paid off the debt in 1998.
No government does anything "for nothing" including Britain. And I hardly think that it is a matter of Britain having "paid back" the US any more than the US should have to "pay back" Britain. To say so just makes no sense whatsoever.

The whole point of even discussing this thing was two bigots who decided that they hated Americans, America and everything American, which is just ignorant.
Old 29-07-2009, 07:31 PM #69
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
ROT ,If it wasnt for the Americans British soldiers would not have been slaughtered in Iraq and Afghanistan
If it wasn't for America in the early days, they wouldn't be British at all. No need for xenophobia.
Have YOU got family in Afghanstan who have also been to Iraq ? do YOU know young soldiers who have died for Americas greed ? well i DO ,so PLEASE dont get me started on the Americans ffs
Actually, yes, I do.

I also know of a good friend who has her young (American) son in Afghanistan fighting the exact same fight for the exact same big wigs. Don't blame the American's as a whole, they're suffering the same plight.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:32 PM #70

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's the Union Flag. It's only the Union Jack when it's flown at sea. God, we've got a right little lot of patriots in here tonight...
Old 29-07-2009, 07:32 PM #71

i am sure isaac is a nice person but, after the farce with ken, BB should have picked up on the public not wanting other-halves, present or ex, bypassing the auditions and entering the house due to their relationship. Not to mention this is rapidly becoming the noirin show, yawn yawn. If i wanted to watch couples on camera i would watch jordan and pete. What happened to the big brother we knew and loved, they can not complain the viewing figers are dropping when they change the programme so much. the slogan should be WHO GOES YOU DECIDE (but if you pick the wrong one big brother will change the rules so you pick the one we want)
MITCHALIN6T8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:33 PM #72
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:

It's the Union Flag. It's only the Union Jack when it's flown at sea. God, we've got a right little lot of patriots in here tonight...
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:33 PM #73

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

' aN american idiot '
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:34 PM #74

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No government does anything "for nothing" including Britain. And I hardly think that it is a matter of Britain having "paid back" the US any more than the US should have to "pay back" Britain. To say so just makes no sense whatsoever.

The whole point of even discussing this thing was two bigots who decided that they hated Americans, America and everything American, which is just ignorant.
We paid back the war debt in December 2006 to be precise. It's fact. Check it out.

It's fine to stand up for America. They are our allies... but to say we would have lost WW2 without them shames everyone who'd fought for the three years before America decided to join, then charged us for it.
Old 29-07-2009, 07:34 PM #75

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yes i know im on my boat at the moment

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
american, idiot