Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 15-03-2011, 09:56 PM #51
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Love the song love the video more..... it did great in the US for Dre..... doing okay here too think it might make the top 10..... Detox is coming

Last edited by Iceman; 15-03-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 10:01 PM #52
It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
Sounds nothing like it
The tempo and general make up of the song heavily remind me of ILTWYL. Sure there may be a few new synths and stuff in there but really the whole style of the song is exactly the same. Almost the drum beat is the same.

Its not a bad song its just very samey to me. -_-
Old 15-03-2011, 10:17 PM #53
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
The tempo and general make up of the song heavily remind me of ILTWYL. Sure there may be a few new synths and stuff in there but really the whole style of the song is exactly the same. Almost the drum beat is the same.

Its not a bad song its just very samey to me. -_-
They are leagues apart, they dont sound alike at all :/
Old 16-03-2011, 10:49 AM #54
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

its good
just pissed that everything was built up for dre's big massive return to music
and he just raps for the last minute :/
kush is better
Old 16-03-2011, 11:02 AM #55
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
its good
just pissed that everything was built up for dre's big massive return to music
and he just raps for the last minute :/
kush is better
You only like Kush for the content
Old 16-03-2011, 08:54 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
It sounds like I Love The Way You Lie. -_-
It sounds a bit like part 2 but not the main song

Skylar does that better as well

Last edited by Tom.; 16-03-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Tom. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 08:20 PM #57
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Charted at number 9 in it's 7th week.
Old 20-03-2011, 08:23 PM #58
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

blah. can't stand it now. It's so weak compared to his older stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 08:33 PM #59
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

It's a pure vanity project. He is the first to admit he is not a good lyricist. The rest of the gang write most of his raps for him in the studio. His genius is in his production talents which he does for Eminem anyway. So what exactly seperates this song from being just an Eminem track? The tiny little Dre rap at the end? The fact that it's being sold under his name?

I love his old stuff. I enjoyed hearing him wax poetic about *****z and bitches. I'm not interested in his six billion pop friendly collaborations and 'sophisticated' beats.

Same argument can be applied to plenty of Hip Hop stars today. The scene is dreadful above ground at the moment. You have to dig deep to find decent Hip Hop.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 08:53 PM #60
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Hate Em's accent in this
Old 20-03-2011, 09:14 PM #61
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Sky totally makes this song

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 09:15 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
It's a pure vanity project. He is the first to admit he is not a good lyricist. The rest of the gang write most of his raps for him in the studio. His genius is in his production talents which he does for Eminem anyway. So what exactly seperates this song from being just an Eminem track? The tiny little Dre rap at the end? The fact that it's being sold under his name?

I love his old stuff. I enjoyed hearing him wax poetic about *****z and bitches. I'm not interested in his six billion pop friendly collaborations and 'sophisticated' beats.

Same argument can be applied to plenty of Hip Hop stars today. The scene is dreadful above ground at the moment. You have to dig deep to find decent Hip Hop.
Wretch 32 is a prime example of how **** it is.

Bored of this song already and I've not even listened to it much. Eminem is better now than he has been for a while, but don't think he'll ever manage to top Marshall Mathers LP. That album was pure genius
Tom. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 12:49 AM #63
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post

Same old same old.....

What can you say about someone like Dre, yeah it's not a "typical" Dre song, but it get's his ****ing point across, Dre hasn't been here for ten years, times change so does his developmet, if you wanna hear about drugs go listen to Kush, that (apparently) is the only song about drugs on the album (I'm not saying it is, we are talking about Dre after all). But I mean he did lose a child to drugs and almost his best friend (EMINEM) so it doesn't surprise me this is am "eminem" song, why wouldn't it be.... i mean all the lyrics make sense, Eminem thanking Dre after so many years is not a step back in my opinion more a step forward..... if it is the last collaboration of the two then I'm happy.... yeah it doesnt come close to classic but it does the job for me.... after all the history I would quite happily let this be their last song without any qualms.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 PM #64
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Default Dr Dre ft. Eminem - Die Hard (Preview)

What do boxing, Eminem and Dr. Dre have in common. Answer = nothing. However, this coming Friday (May 6) Hip-Hop's Batman and Robin will unveil the latest offering from Dr. Dre's Detox album following boxers Manny Pacquiao and "Sugar" Shane Mosley "Fight Camp 360°: Pacquiao vs. Mosley" on Showtime.

The impending debut of the third official single from Dr. Dre's third album was announced at the conclusion of last week's episode of Showtime's four-part documentary series. The show goes behind the scenes of the preparation for the welterweight championship bout between Pacquiao and Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Miami rapper Rick Ross tweeted that he will be accompanying Pacquiao to the ring on fight night.

As for "Die Hard," it is the second of Detox's three official singles to feature Dre's protégé Eminem, who appeared on "I Need a Doctor." Dre and Eminem have also teamed with Chrysler to endorse the Detroit automaker's vehicles.

Fans were immediately excited over news of the new single.

"damn i know its gonna be dope please let it be produced by dre and eminem to be like in forgot about dre please GOD !!!!" MONK says.

"damnn cant wait i hope dre produced it though i wasnt really feeling the i need doctor production after hearing shady tear up that fast lane song i got high hopes" ITTS Dmaan wrote.

Some fans were more exicted at the fact of recieving more Eminem music.

"Damn….. Em cant lose right now. Hes on “I need a Doctor” and “Die Hard”, “Space Bound” is about to drop soon…. “Fast Lane” was Crazy, “Bad meets Evil” is coming, He is on Lil waynes “Carter 4″, Slaughterhouse album, Royce “Success is Certain”, “Detox” and More to come…… " CapricornReligion wrote in.

Last edited by Iceman; 07-05-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 PM #65
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Unfinished, premiers Tuesday, not bad from Dre.....
Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 PM #66
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Default Dr Dre - Loads Of Detox News

News trickles out of Dr. Dre's Aftermath compound in sporadic, unreliable bursts, but Friday yielded a rare little dispatch. To refresh your memory, "Detox" has been "almost done" for a decade, and half of its original collaborators are probably planning their IRA's, and yet no release date been set. That's right, no release date. Still. You see where I'm going with this.

Just last week, Snoop Dogg sniped at Dr. Dre for forgoing loose studio exuberance for tightly controlled perfectionism. But Friday, Kendrick Lamar, who many assume will be filling Snoop's role on the original "Chronic" (i.e., fiery young upstart with star potential) has confirmed that he has been confirmed on several songs on Dre's long-delayed third solo record. That is, if the album ever sees the light of day.

So as if to allay the massive skepticism that Dre's "Chinese Detoxcracy" has accrued over the last three presidencies, DJ Khalil announced that "Dre's in the final stretch of recording the LP."

"Dre's album is definitely the most important thing right now, because he is definitely in the final stretch," Khalil told Billboard. "He has the record going, but I'm sure he thinks there are pieces missing still. Until he finds those pieces, maybe he's not comfortable putting it out yet... It's definitely a West Coast sound -- more futuristic West Coast sound -- at least from what I've turned in," he says. "I don't know what he's keeping, though."
For those of you keeping score, "Detox" is coming, you know, soon. When? No one knows but Dre. And there are songs on there that may or may not feature Khalil's production. And Kendrick Lamar. And Game, from what a reliable source told me two weeks ago. That is, if they all don't get cut from the final tracklist.

So what does the good Doctor think of all this? Surely, he'd like to step forward, clarify the rumors and give a concrete release date, right? Uh, well, he's busy making Chrysler commercials with director Mark Romanek and Lakers player Shannon Brown. Because nothing says gangsta rap like a modestly priced Detroit-manufactured automobile and a backup shooting guard for a team that got swept out of the playoffs.

You may be wondering if there is any music coming out of the Aftermath/Interscope camp, besides the string of big promises and middlebrow vehicles. Well, the duo of Bad Meets Evil (Eminem & Royce da 5'9") have leaked their latest single. It's called "Lighters" and it features Bruno Mars and a sugary Top 40 hook about a "sky full of lighters."
Old 04-06-2011, 01:01 PM #67
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Mad to think that Bill Clinton was president when this album started.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:36 PM #68
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Tha Doggfather gives an update on the oft-delayed third solo album from Dre.

Kendrick Lamar recently said that Dr. Dre’s near mythical album Detox was in the mixing phase, and Snoop Dogg is singing the same tune. In the latest issue of NME magazine, Tha Doggfather gives an update on the LP and claims that it will arrive sooner rather than later.

“Yeah, we’ve been working on it. It’s almost finished. So that’s coming out soon,” he revealed.

He also explained that he has never before said that the album was nearing completion but promises that it will be delivered soon. He also said that Eminem contributes to the project, but did not elaborate on how involved he will be in the project.

“I ain’t never said it was almost finished. He might, but that’s my first time I ever said it. I was always saying it was taking too long to get done. It feels good now. We got Slim [Eminem] on it.”

On the 21 September 2011, The D.O.C. confirmed on Twitter that previously released singles Kush and I Need a Doctor will not appear on the album.

Promotion for 'Detox' will begin early November.

The first official single will be The Psycho ft 50 Cent.

-prepares to be let down-
Old 05-10-2011, 05:40 PM #69
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Kendrick Lamar has played a big role in west coast hip-hop in recent months, and has since been acknowledged by his brethren from the left side of the map. While doing an interview with Sway Calloway for the Shade 45 morning show on SiriusXM radio, Kendrick hinted that he’s been working closely on Dr. Dre’s album Detox, which has been a work in progress for what seems like a decade. K. Dot says the album is still in the mixing phase, and although he says he wrote many songs for Dre, he doesn’t know how many of them will make the cut.

“Detox is getting mixed. That’s all I can say. It’s getting mixed. I could say anything about Detox, nobody would ever believe me.”

In terms of how many tracks Kendrick supplied, he had this to say.

“I got a few. I don’t know what’ll stick, as of yet. The creative process is so crazy as far as going in there and narrowing down all these songs. Thousands of songs.”

Thousands of songs? Really? I know Dre’s been making Detox for a while now, but thousands?! Damn, Dre. At this rate, you would think he would just put out at least a 5-disc album, but Kendrick says Dre won’t put anything on there that’s not perfect.

“Perfection. Dre is the ultimate perfectionist. He’s not scared. He hears sounds that the average human being can’t even equate with the human ear. I’ve been in sessions with him. It’s perfection.”

Kendrick also shared his experience of the first time he got in the studio with the legendary producer.

“You know what’s crazy, on some real ****? I thought I’d be nervous as hell. But I walked in that studio and I was ready, 100 percent ready. He greeted me like a regular cat and made me feel comfortable.”
Old 05-10-2011, 05:45 PM #70

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

I hope it isn't a let down.

Kendrick Lamar is one of my favourite rappers at the moment. Best new talent in a very long time. I hope he is on a few tracks.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:46 PM #71
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

The D.O.C
Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 PM #72
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mars III View Post
I hope it isn't a let down.

Kendrick Lamar is one of my favourite rappers at the moment. Best new talent in a very long time. I hope he is on a few tracks.
Me too, I just think the albums been to built up to be a succesor to The Chronic or 2001. Dont get me wrong I think it's going to be a good album but the hype surrounding the album will overshadow anything he puts out
Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 PM #73
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Dr Dre and Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am were spotted leaving a restaurant in London last night (October 4) amid speculation the producer is gearing up for the release of his new album.

The long-overdue 'Detox', which is the follow-up to 1999's '2001', was originally due out last year, but has been hit by repeated delays.

On Tuesday, Dr Dre and Will.i.am were seen leaving C restaurant in London before travelling to the nightclub, Boujis.

In June, the rapper and producer was said to be in the “final stretch” of recording.

A release date for 'Detox' has yet to be set but those involved with the project, including Snoop Dogg, have hinted that it could arrive before the end of 2011.

It is not clear whether Will.i.am is also featured on the album, but Eminem is confirmed to appear.

Im willing to wait another decade so long as Will.i.am isn't on it.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:21 AM #74
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Aw **** off Will.I.Am
Such a douche
Old 07-10-2011, 11:46 AM #75
Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB 13: Liz Jones

Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB 13: Liz Jones

omgz I read it as Dr Drew - loads of detox news. I thought it was about Celebrity Rehab.
Chuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
6th, coming, date, decade, detox, die, doctor, dr, dre, eminem, feat, finished, ft, gray, hard, preview, release, single, skylar