Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB8 Celebrity Big Brother 8 shown on Channel 5 from 2011.
Discuss Channel 5 Celebrity Big Brother won by Paddy Doherty.

Old 29-06-2011, 07:38 PM #51
CharlieO

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie
CharlieO

Favourites (more):

Big Brother uk's title sequence (BB5-10) are amazing. The graphics and ambiguity creates the sense of being watched in a 'futuristic' society and relates back to George Orwell's 1984 and the original concepts. Also the transitions are incredible and the refined production gives the show a sense of class and continuous quality.

Saying that BBUS's title sequence is better because they edit it every week is ridiculous, BBUS is soapy and is in no comparison to BBUK in its prime production wise and quality of entertainment wise.

ME AND GOD WE DON'T GET ALONG, SO NOW I SING

Last edited by CharlieO; 29-06-2011 at 07:39 PM.
CharlieO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 08:36 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB16: Eileen
BBCanada 3: Godfrey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieO View Post
Big Brother uk's title sequence (BB5-10) are amazing. The graphics and ambiguity creates the sense of being watched in a 'futuristic' society and relates back to George Orwell's 1984 and the original concepts.
Pretty sure George Orwell wasn't a fan of Paul Oakenfold's crappy techno.

I actually like a lot of the BBUK aesthetics, but I don't think it's ludicrous to think there's no room to include the housemates in the intro - that clearly takes more work than what they do in the UK.

I agree with the point that BBUK's best bits are way, way better than BBUSA's, but given how little entertainment value there was in last series after Caoimhe left, I would prefer they rely on any kind of gimmicks to try and provide some sort of energy to the show

Given the popularity of the 'scripted reality' show, it's likely there will be more of a soap-like take on this year's show; I'd rather it went the BBUSA route than the John James and Josie snoozefest version (I think even the biggest BB USA haters would agree that Jeff and Jordan were much a much better couple).
TheManWhoLaughs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 08:42 PM #53
CharlieO

Favourites (more):
CharlieO

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManWhoLaughs View Post
Pretty sure George Orwell wasn't a fan of Paul Oakenfold's crappy techno.

I actually like a lot of the BBUK aesthetics, but I don't think it's ludicrous to think there's no room to include the housemates in the intro - that clearly takes more work than what they do in the UK.

I agree with the point that BBUK's best bits are way, way better than BBUSA's, but given how little entertainment value there was in last series after Caoimhe left, I would prefer they rely on any kind of gimmicks to try and provide some sort of energy to the show

Given the popularity of the 'scripted reality' show, it's likely there will be more of a soap-like take on this year's show; I'd rather it went the BBUSA route than the John James and Josie snoozefest version (I think even the biggest BB USA haters would agree that Jeff and Jordan were much a much better couple).
Adding a few pictures/names in a title sequence isn't exactly difficult. BBUK puts a huge amount more effort into their friday night live evictions. There has hardly been ever major muck ups even though its complicated live television with an extreme amount of organising needed to be done.

I agree BB11 was rubbish as most would and if BBUK does take the route of TOWIE and things in my eyes it will be dead. But I was talking about BBUK in its glory days.

ME AND GOD WE DON'T GET ALONG, SO NOW I SING
CharlieO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 09:06 PM #54
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
No it doesn't. I have experience with high end video editing and manipulation - not that you need to see the sheer common sense of it -and it takes a hell of a lot more effort to construct the high speed, frame by frame animated cutting sequences Hello Charlie produce for BBUK than to copy, paste and cut pictures of peoples faces onto titles. And it would never suit BBUK's style.

And regardless of your opinion on the title theme it's hard to argue that it's a hugely popular, iconic component of the show.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 09:13 PM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
No it doesn't. I have experience with high end video editing and manipulation - not that you need to see the sheer common sense of it -and it takes a hell of a lot more effort to construct the high speed, frame by frame animated cutting sequences Hello Charlie produce for BBUK than to copy, paste and cut pictures of peoples faces onto titles. And it would never suit BBUK's style.

And regardless of your opinion on the title theme it's hard to argue that it's a hugely popular, iconic component of the show.
It takes more effort at the start but then it goes stagnat; that's the problem with a lot of UK BB series - they get horribly boring after a few weeks because they don't know how to sustain them (BB7, 8 and 11 being especially weak by the ends).

I honestly don't think it has to be a one way or another; there's a lot UK can learn from the US and vice-versa. I'd love to see something as well-crafted as the stern authoritarianism of UK credits that also featured the housemates' unique personalities like the US version.
Old 29-06-2011, 09:17 PM #56
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
It takes more effort at the start but then it goes stagnat; that's the problem with a lot of UK BB series - they get horribly boring after a few weeks because they don't know how to sustain them (BB7, 8 and 11 being especially weak by the ends).
I was under the impression we were talking about a sixteen second title sequence. Not the show in general.
Old 29-06-2011, 09:26 PM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I was under the impression we were talking about a sixteen second title sequence. Not the show in general.
But that's symptomatic of the UK BB efforts in general - I'd rather the show was carefully tended to week-after-week, rather than them putting in all sorts of technical wizardry early on then leaving the show to rot.

I'd love to see the 16 second opening credits as you see it, but it could extended to include the housemates as a longer version - even if you don't like US-style editing, you can't deny an opening like this is pretty epic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhsjo...eature=related
Old 29-06-2011, 09:39 PM #58
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
But that's symptomatic of the UK BB efforts in general - I'd rather the show was carefully tended to week-after-week, rather than them putting in all sorts of technical wizardry early on then leaving the show to rot.
I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

They make a title sequence then ... use if for the three month run. That's not a mark of lazyness or 'putting in technical wizardry' at the start then letting it rot. It's an entirely normal thing virtually every show does.

It's ... just a title sequence. Fair enough of you would personally rather Big Brother USA elements brought into it but it's not 'putting in technical wizardry early on then leaving the show to rot'. That's hyperbole on a ludicrous level. Nobody cares about pretty little pictures that much. The show didn't go down the toilet because the titles didn't change every week.

Last edited by Stu; 29-06-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 29-06-2011, 09:46 PM #59
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I gots mail :

Spoiler:

Last edited by Stu; 29-06-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 29-06-2011, 10:06 PM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's hyperbole on a ludicrous level. Nobody cares about pretty little pictures that much. The show didn't go down the toilet because the titles didn't change every week.
It is obviously hyperbole, but pretty much any nit-picking about BB is going to be hyperbole! It's equally ridiculous to say there's absolutely no way the show should evolve at all - I'd rather they made some efforts to change that failed than just stick to the tired tropes you and Patrick seem dogmatically reliant upon.
Old 29-06-2011, 10:10 PM #61
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
It is obviously hyperbole, but pretty much any nit-picking about BB is going to be hyperbole! It's equally ridiculous to say there's absolutely no way the show should evolve at all - I'd rather they made some efforts to change that failed than just stick to the tired tropes you and Patrick seem dogmatically reliant upon.
I didn't say the show should not evolve at all. Nor do I hang on to the same tired tropes. From which orifice did you drag those assumptions from?

Need I remind you again that we are talking about a style of title sequence. Nothing more. I have plenty of views on how the show should and could move foward. They just don't include revamping a sixteen second animation every week.

Next.
Old 29-06-2011, 10:47 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
What if it's like BB11 All those stupid effects and stuff. I'd die
I didn't really mind when they played Pixie Lott during that game of truth or dare which they all did or something like that. But yeah maybe best to skip it out.

They should ONLY have effects if there is a party and they are all dancing or something!

But yeah when Andrew was shouting and that.. and them stupid effects came on. Black lines on the screen. That annoyed me.

Plus.. the stupid music they get played when they leave the house! NO!

BB in this sense has to bring it back to basics. bring more "tension" on eviction nights. A seperate living room like bb6 and bb10. And they have to walki through the house and up the stairs. Doors open.. then BOOM! Boos/Cheers. We want to hear the boos and cheers. Purely that and nothing else. Not some stupid music. Also not some stupid performances outside the house. Like what Corin, Andrew, Mario and Ben did!! Pffft.

NO CONTACT FROM THE OUTSIDE WORLD. And when it 2 weeks/10 days from the final the remaining housemates should get 1 letter from home. NOTHING ELSE. NO Video messages!!

Kapeesh?

Also like to add.. can the house not be basic.. but big, luxurous, colourful and comfy?? And with plenty of food, booze and parties! And ALWAYS a vote to SAVE. And 24 7 live feed!! Cheers
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 10:50 PM #63

Quote:
I gots mail :

Spoiler:

Haha. Poor Paddy. Banned until the 5th July.

At least we will get a bit of peace and quiet before he returns!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
editing