Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:44 AM #51
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I think that the only friendship they have is that she's the one who adores him most ..and that's how he treats her loyalty and adoration..?...he wants to show dominance and see her cry...
each to their own, people do have weird fantasys tbh. It's life, like you get people out there who are like christian grey who likes to dominate and hurt people with toys and stuff

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:45 AM #52

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

'It's okay he gets turned on by women's tears, some people like Christian Grey'

What

For someone to actively get turned on by people's misery and tears, then that person must have some sort of screw loose, in Marc's case it's probably the same screw that keeps his respect in line.

Last edited by Liam-; 08-06-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:47 AM #53
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
each to their own, people do have weird fantasys tbh. It's life, like you get people out there who are like christian grey who likes to dominate and hurt people with toys and stuff
...it's not a case of separating it into a 'sexual fantasy' though because it's combined with his general behaviour with virtually everyone else in the house in other ways but always trying to prove his dominance, once he's done that then he cools it a bit and becomes more 'fun Marc' ...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:49 AM #54
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
It was the way in which he was doing it, you're right, splashing people is not offensive, but add in the taunting and the proceeding to splash until Joel got up and left, which was then followed by more taunting and laughing directed squarely at Joel, then it becomes a different issue all together.
Is that why Joel praised him in the diary room? Saying he is a nice guy deep down. He was being annoying it wasn't bullying imo.

Spoiler:

Old 08-06-2015, 11:50 AM #55
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
The more I think about it, the more he turns my stomach. I don't know what to name his behaviour, it's really not okay though.
..I think that you've been pretty spot on about him from the start but because the house needed a bit of shaking up and Marc did that, he did seem more like the 'bantz' to me at first....
Old 08-06-2015, 11:54 AM #56
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..I think that you've been pretty spot on about him from the start but because the house needed a bit of shaking up and Marc did that, he did seem more like the 'bantz' to me at first....
Oh definitely, I'm almost ashamed of it now but at one point he was my third favourite! His recent behaviour isn't dissimilar to his current behaviour, but the fact that it's constant and always lacks remorse has made me realise that he's probably just another dickhead
Old 08-06-2015, 11:55 AM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Is that why Joel praised him in the diary room? Saying he is a nice guy deep down. He was being annoying it wasn't bullying imo.
I'm talking about my opinion, not Joel's and imo, that display was a blatant attempt to try and intimidate someone who Marc knows won't back down to him.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:56 AM #58
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Oh definitely, I'm almost ashamed of it now but at one point he was my third favourite! His recent behaviour isn't dissimilar to his current behaviour, but the fact that it's constant and always lacks remorse has made me realise that he's probably just another dickhead
hhhmmm I'm still undecided about him, I like him on the one hand and think everyone else is being too serious but I really don't like some of the stuff he's been saying to the women in there, it is disrespectful no matter what way you spin it

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:58 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I'll admit, that while i do see some bully tendencies in him, the bully tag being placed on him, could be arguable.

But Marc is definitely the iron clad definition of misogyny, idc what anyone says

Last edited by Liam-; 08-06-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:02 PM #60
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm talking about my opinion, not Joel's and imo, that display was a blatant attempt to try and intimidate someone who Marc knows won't back down to him.
It wasn't itimidating at all imo he's just splashing him lmao.

Spoiler:

Old 08-06-2015, 12:04 PM #61
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
..I think also, he's only really getting away with some things because those things are with housemates that are not particularly popular anyway/or a mixed thing...when Harry and Nick had tea together and he had to be there..he really was behaving quite aggressively with Harry, putting his hands and fingers through the cakes..(which he apparently wasn't bothered about because he doesn't even eat cake..)..and holding them up to her face and saying that he could do what he wanted...(no one could stop him basically...)...Nick didn't look amused at all but just looked awkward and didn't do anything..)...but then with Sam..?...she's shown nothing but loyalty toward him which she doesn't need to feel at all just because they're both 'newbies'...but with that she's also said that she hated him because of his behaviour so that comment her made about enjoying seeing her cry was quite revealing I think...she wasn't quite as adoring as he wanted her to be...
Old 08-06-2015, 12:08 PM #62
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I'll admit, that while i do see some bully tendencies in him, the bully tag being placed on him, could be arguable.

But Marc is definitely the iron clad definition of misogyny, idc what anyone says
...hmmm I'm not even sure that it's misogyny, he may do things differently with males/females but he's still trying to be dominant over everyone, which he sometimes does with playfighting/wrestling etc...obviously he can't so much do that with the smaller..(physically built) guys so he just insults them to put them down...
Old 08-06-2015, 12:09 PM #63
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
'It's okay he gets turned on by women's tears, some people like Christian Grey'

What

For someone to actively get turned on by people's misery and tears, then that person must have some sort of screw loose, in Marc's case it's probably the same screw that keeps his respect in line.
He was joking
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:11 PM #64

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I knew he was ex army, my nephew is a Sgt in the Light Dragoons and Marcs banter,sense of fun is everyday banter to them ,the things him and his mates do is brilliant, but you need a sense of humour to get it, sadly some people were born without one
Yes I have a nephew who was in the army (he served in Iraq), he has the same sense of humour, and did have similar issues drink until he met his fiance, hes happily settled now. My father was also in the army during ww11, but he was old school, stiff upper lip etc. so also used to army fellas. So do you know anymore about Marcs service record? Just out of interest.
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:11 PM #65
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..I think also, he's only really getting away with some things because those things are with housemates that are not particularly popular anyway/or a mixed thing...when Harry and Nick had tea together and he had to be there..he really was behaving quite aggressively with Harry, putting his hands and fingers through the cakes..(which he apparently wasn't bothered about because he doesn't even eat cake..)..and holding them up to her face and saying that he could do what he wanted...(no one could stop him basically...)...Nick didn't look amused at all but just looked awkward and didn't do anything..)...but then with Sam..?...she's shown nothing but loyalty toward him which she doesn't need to feel at all just because they're both 'newbies'...but with that she's also said that she hated him because of his behaviour so that comment her made about enjoying seeing her cry was quite revealing I think...she wasn't quite as adoring as he wanted her to be...
Completely agree, I think he's one of those people who expect a laugh and will always one-up himself until he gets one. I don't think he really knows the difference between people genuinely laughing and people laughing out of awkwardness or nervousness either.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:14 PM #66
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
He was joking
I did think he didn't mean it but who knows.

Spoiler:

Old 08-06-2015, 12:16 PM #67
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie q View Post
Yes I have a nephew who was in the army (he served in Iraq), he has the same sense of humour, and did have similar issues drink until he met his fiance, hes happily settled now. My father was also in the army during ww11, but he was old school, stiff upper lip etc. so also used to army fellas. So do you know anymore about Marcs service record? Just out of interest.
My nephew has done Iraq,Bosnia,Afghan 3 times ,he finishes his contract next year,he will be lost, once a soldier,always a soldier, its his stag do next month with his army,ex army mates in Benidorm can you even imagine it ? he has 2 ex soldiers as his best men, can you imagine their speeches? I LOVE army banter ,I think this is one of the reasons I howl at Marc,he reminds me of my nephews mates
Old 08-06-2015, 12:16 PM #68

Quote:
I didnt realise that Marc had been in the army until last night. I cant find any information on this, does anyone else know anything?
It may explain some of his behaviour. Particularly if hes been some where like Aghanistan, and witnessed God nows what, wouldnt go so far as to call it post traumatic stress, but its a well known fact that many ex military often develop alcohol/drug problems once they leave.
Even without that army training alone does affect character (I should know I have had a number of military men in my family) His marked reluctance to let anyone get to close, (his diary room chat last night) is a typical example of what would be classed as weakness in the armed forces. Also his "His live for today, because tomorrow you might be dead" attitude is typical. (a quick well done to Joel for his role in bringing that attitude up with him, plus his diary room thoughts on Marc)
Whatever the issues with him I think hes one of the most interesting characters
that BB has had in years. In spite of his demons (he certainly has a few of those) I still like him

Well said Suzie...I agree, Marc has some issues, preferring not to be liked by the other housemates and concerned that he is growing to like some of them, shows some underlying emotions. I like him though...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:17 PM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...hmm I hardly ever disagree with you Josy on anything really and I would certainly agree that Marc's 'interesting' but I don't think he's about having fun, messing about and getting drunk etc...maybe a week or so ago I would have thought the same ...I think that he's someone who has to have and can't tolerate not having 'dominance' over people...whether it be insulting to upset them, wrestling and 'playfight' or whatever I think dominance is a big thing to him..and yes he has some charm as well because otherwise he would be a pretty grim person but I don't think he's a 'about the fun' person...I think that only reason that he dislikes Harry so much is that she won't give him that dominance...she won't openly let him see whether he's upset her with his insults, this little 'mother earth' person who runs around naked all day will not bow down to him/how dare she..so then all he could do is say that she was a brown noser because nothing else would make sense, would it...?..I mean he's Marc the big man...so he's also assuming she much be low in intelligence and mocking her so which he did with how she speaks....he goes to far because he does what he has to do to make people subservient to him and they aren't even then he goes even further to insult them...I think he (has to be..)..quite an insecure person somewhere to feel the need to do what he does to people but I don't think there is any fun or jokey about it at all or anyone in the house not getting his humour....
I think that the only reason Harry doesnt like Marc is because she wants the dominant role in the house, after all being dominant is what she does fora living. Shes no earth mother either. Shes also rather whiny, moany and needy.
Plus this is not a thread about her.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:19 PM #70
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I think that the only reason Harry doesnt like Marc is because she wants the dominant role in the house, after all being dominant is what she does fora living. Shes no earth mother either. Shes also rather whiny, moany and needy.
She's jealous of the limelight he's getting
Old 08-06-2015, 12:21 PM #71
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Completely agree, I think he's one of those people who expect a laugh and will always one-up himself until he gets one. I don't think he really knows the difference between people genuinely laughing and people laughing out of awkwardness or nervousness either.
...even from the offing really with Jade..he kept 'throwing things out there'..like her accent wasn't real/her modelling wasn't real'..polyamorous etc...?...saying he KNEW..he KNEW these things to be true...and she kept saying, well tell us all then, tell us what you KNOW...but he didn't because I believe it was all a control thing to throw her off so she would be thinking what the heck...and of course he did upset her sufficiently and then they called a 'truce' and she said that she liked him really so job done really....
Old 08-06-2015, 12:22 PM #72
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Helen said nasty things when she was being nasty... yes that's wrong.

Marc says equally as bad if not worse comments and it's ok as it's 'banter'? no, sorry that doesn't wash.

She's told him time and time again not to speak to her like that, banter is a laugh between friends with the same sense of humour...therefore this isn't banter.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:23 PM #73
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
..there has been nothing at all in Harry's character in the house that has said 'dominant', she hasn't showed any dominance over any housemate whether they be a friend or a 'foe'....she just hasn't succumbed to Marc and stands up to him at times...
Old 08-06-2015, 12:29 PM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But he loves sam the most in the house and i don't understand how he tried to put her down. He deffo should have said something else to cheer her up but i guess he says that back at home. Marc/Sam Have some friendship/showmance going on
Marcs behaviour towards Sam demonstrates very nicely my original point about him finding it difficult to let people get close to him, not macho etc. or to put it another way, hes like the little boy in the playground, who likes a girl but doesnt know how to tell her so he pulls her pigtails instead.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:36 PM #75

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..there has been nothing at all in Harry's character in the house that has said 'dominant', she hasn't showed any dominance over any housemate whether they be a friend or a 'foe'....she just hasn't succumbed to Marc and stands up to him at times...
Then put that in another thread about her, as stated this iis not a thread about her!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
marc, thoughts