Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 18-06-2015, 08:46 AM #51
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I don't get the hate for Helen at all.

She isn't someone anyone needs to be around anyway, she was/is a housemate on a reality show.
Her past is a dubious one admittedly but there it is, and it was always odd to me that she gets slated for what she did, while those who were 'so called happily married family men' threw money around to be with someone providing what Helen did with them.
They get off scot free,yet if they were not seeking such a 'service' there would be no need for anyone to provide it.

In the house, she was loud and dominating, probably very difficult for most to live with but for some reason she is condemned for that, while others who are much the same escape much criticism as to their actions in the house during any series.

Once a hate figure, then it normally continues, however I would rather someone like Helen to deal with who will say to your face what she thinks of you, cares nothing for the endless insulting criticism she gets and constant put downs but just gets on with things,than those who stab you in the back and are 2 faced towards you too.

She has done all BB probably expected of her in this series.
There are those who warmed to her later in her series last year who still see the reasons we warmed to her, there are those who really like her come what may.
Then there are those who think she likely shouldn't even exist.

Those views will not likely ever be changed one way or another, no matter what she may do or how she may act but for me, the really acidic and vile comments about her are greatly unwarranted.
that is my view,it became so halfway through her series last year and I have seen not a thing this last week,to make me think any differently towards her from forming that view.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 08:48 AM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuk View Post
Seriously don't get the hate towards Helen, gets called "nasty" "a bully" "vile," etc. by the the public when in reality she isn't that bad, all she does is speak her mind, hasn't "bullied" anybody this year or last year for that matter. She has arguments with people who can defend themselves, unlike the majority of the HMs who were ganging up on Simon over minor stuff. Brian and Jack (who was the worst for having a go at Simon and slagging him off) are pathetic but people won't notice it, take shots at people they know the public dislike the first chance they get just to become more popular. Jack is the worst HM in the C5 BB series, didn't think anyone would top off the twins "Jack and Joe" or whatever they were called but he's managed it for me, boring kid that chats ****, slags off people whenever he gets the chance but constantly moans about two faced people, despise him.
I think your watching the show with filtered glasses tbh
sosadbbend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 08:52 AM #53

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I don't get the hate for Helen at all.

She isn't someone anyone needs to be around anyway, she was/is a housemate on a reality show.
Her past is a dubious one admittedly but there it is, and it was always odd to me that she gets slated for what she did, while those who were 'so called happily married family men' threw money around to be with someone providing what Helen did with them.
They get off scot free,yet if they were not seeking such a 'service' there would be no need for anyone to provide it.

In the house, she was loud and dominating, probably very difficult for most to live with but for some reason she is condemned for that, while others who are much the same escape much criticism as to their actions in the house during any series.

Once a hate figure, then it normally continues, however I would rather someone like Helen to deal with who will say to your face what she thinks of you, cares nothing for the endless insulting criticism she gets and constant put downs but just gets on with things,than those who stab you in the back and are 2 faced towards you too.

She has done all BB probably expected of her in this series.
There are those who warmed to her later in her series last year who still see the reasons we warmed to her, there are those who really like her come what may.
Then there are those who think she likely shouldn't even exist.

Those views will not likely ever be changed one way or another, no matter what she may do or how she may act but for me, the really acidic and vile comments about her are greatly unwarranted.
that is my view,it became so halfway through her series last year and I have seen not a thing this last week,to make me think any differently towards her from forming that view.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 09:02 AM #54

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Helen

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Helen

I just find it funny she won the last one and people absolutely hate her, just makes it better.
BigBuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 09:02 AM #55

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

No Helen is a ****.
She has'nt bullied anyone this year but she was orrible to Jale last year.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 09:04 AM #56

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

DO people hate Helen, or hate her behaviour, or does it have to be the same thing?
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 09:07 AM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
No Helen is a ****.
She has'nt bullied anyone this year but she was orrible to Jale last year.
Her and Jale sorted it out,so why does have to do with us today? We are all horrible at times,so what?

Old 18-06-2015, 09:09 AM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
DO people hate Helen, or hate her behaviour, or does it have to be the same thing?
Not sure on that one smudgie but I do think some of the comments about her are worse than some of the stuff she has said, it's all so hypocritical.

Old 18-06-2015, 09:20 AM #59

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BB13: Lauren

Favourites (more):

Yawn, so Helens back, calling people names like "fat *******", shouting people down, arguing, nothing has changed, same stupidity, different HMs. The only thing she contributes is abuse. Vileness spills out of her everytime the camera pans her way. Tin pots have more intelligence, Simon Cowells next boyband has more originality, the woman has nothing to contribute other than shouting everyone else down because there just isn't anything else to her. You could stick her in every reality series going and the result would be the same, hours of her shouting and name calling.

Marc is a bellend, but he's entertaining, Hellen is just a foul mouth time bomb waiting for her next fight and more camera time. We've seen it all before, its dull, its pointless, its noise pollution, its another day of Hellen shouting people down. Yawn.
Old 18-06-2015, 09:24 AM #60

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

I can see why Helen is hated, she has a loud mouth, she speaks before she thinks, she doesn't know when to shut up, she loves a good slanging match, but, as a fan of hers, I like her despite all that, not for that.

Yes she was awful for the first 2 weeks, I couldn't stand her then, but as the weeks went on imo, she saw the error of her ways, apologised to Jale, became friends with her and she mellowed out, I know that opinion is going to be met with the usual torrid of comments like 'are you stupid?' 'No she didn't though' 'You just bought into what the production wanted you to' but no, I've known people like Helen and that's why I know that while the shouting and the swearing might be the loudest part, it's not always the only part of a person.

Despite all the hate towards her, she has been the only housemate in years that I would actually like to have as a friend because you can see how loyal, upfront and honest she is, I'd much rather have her as a friend, or even just to shout at me when I'm being a dick, than have someone who was going to go behind my back by being sly, sneaky and vindictive.

Give me Helen any day of the week.
Old 18-06-2015, 09:24 AM #61

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefln View Post
Yawn, so Helens back, calling people names like "fat *******", shouting people down, arguing, nothing has changed, same stupidity, different HMs. The only thing she contributes is abuse. Vileness spills out of her everytime the camera pans her way. Tin pots have more intelligence, Simon Cowells next boyband has more originality, the woman has nothing to contribute other than shouting everyone else down because there just isn't anything else to her. You could stick her in every reality series going and the result would be the same, hours of her shouting and name calling.

Marc is a bellend, but he's entertaining, Hellen is just a foul mouth time bomb waiting for her next fight and more camera time. We've seen it all before, its dull, its pointless, its noise pollution, its another day of Hellen shouting people down. Yawn.
And here we all are still talking about her,so it's not so dull and pointless is it?

Old 18-06-2015, 09:32 AM #62

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Not sure on that one smudgie but I do think some of the comments about her are worse than some of the stuff she has said, it's all so hypocritical.
Its not really though, its human nature. When someone is hateful, they attract hate, and when they are kind and compassionate, they attract kindness and love. No - one dislikes Helen for nothing, they have good reason to.
It's well documented that people who admire the Helen's and Katie Hopkins of this world do so in the main because their unnecessary insults and put downs of others make them feel better about themselves. She's quite the therapist, is Helen.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 09:35 AM #63

Quote:
Care to elaborate on this?
I think your post is perceived as a pile of ****...

Helen is vile...she's a nasty piece of work who sets out to verbally destroy people. She can't reason and she is thick as ****...when people try to defend themselves she just tells them to **** off. She is a horrid person...she has so much hate and no compassion.
She deserves everything she gets.

Last edited by rusticgal; 18-06-2015 at 09:39 AM.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 09:39 AM #64

Quote:
Seriously Helen, "nasty" "a bully" "vile," etc.
YES, Helen is everything the public call her. She made a big error of judgement accepting BB's offer to to back into the house. She's losing popularity every time she opens her vile mouth.

By the time she comes out her career should be well and truly over.
Angelika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 10:00 AM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika View Post
YES, Helen is everything the public call her. She made a big error of judgement accepting BB's offer to to back into the house. She's losing popularity every time she opens her vile mouth.

By the time she comes out her career should be well and truly over.
Her career is being a vile loud mouth without an ounce of what most would consider social intelligence.
Old 18-06-2015, 10:03 AM #66
Banned

Banned

She's a bully inside and outside of Big Brother, she masks being abusive as honesty and she's a complete and utter hypocrite.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 11:09 AM #67

Quote:
Seriously don't get the hate towards Helen, gets called "nasty" "a bully" "vile," etc. by the the public when in reality she isn't that bad, all she does is speak her mind, hasn't "bullied" anybody this year or last year for that matter. She has arguments with people who can defend themselves, unlike the majority of the HMs who were ganging up on Simon over minor stuff. Brian and Jack (who was the worst for having a go at Simon and slagging him off) are pathetic but people won't notice it, take shots at people they know the public dislike the first chance they get just to become more popular. Jack is the worst HM in the C5 BB series, didn't think anyone would top off the twins "Jack and Joe" or whatever they were called but he's managed it for me, boring kid that chats ****, slags off people whenever he gets the chance but constantly moans about two faced people, despise him.

The feeling I got from last nights show re Helen was,

HEAVILY EDITED or a WORD IN HER EAR

To make her look less of a cow as there was huge back lash against her on twitter on Monday. HUGE. No one likes her - n were angry C5 put her back in. I know I was.

as there is no live feed they dont show it now - the real her was the first ten mins on Monday. Dont forget - the media types rely on the public to have short memories.

Last edited by sungrass; 18-06-2015 at 11:10 AM.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 11:16 AM #68

Quote:
Please explain how she is a bully? Don't just say things with no evidence, show something that backs up these "bully claims."
I know you didn't ask me this question but its an open forum and I couldn't resist answering with my opinion.

Helen is already known for using intimidation tactics. She is a classic bully and most of the house mates knew this when she walked into the house. She allowed Marc to observe her toughness in the bunker when she very vocally bad mouthed some of the house mates. This ensured Marc would move onto her side and back her up when necessary.

When she gave the first nomination to Harry, she did it in a way that intimidated some of the house mates. The, "I don't give a flying ****" attitude rang warning bells "don't cross with me lovies because I'm more than capable of making your life a misery" This is a domineering tactic that many bullies use. Mark used it when he first arrived in the house. Helen imo finds it much easier and has clearly had more practice.

Even when Nikki went over to her at one point and sucked up to her about something, Helen shut her down with the words, "I don't give a **** about your opinion". She sees Nikki as a weak ally who needs to be kept in her place.

She causes stress in the house through intimidation. She intimidates by allowing people to know how hard she is. She didn't tell Harry that she used to physically fight with everyone to comfort Harry, she was warning Harry and when she told the other group she wanted to kick Brian in the face she was warning those people.

Helen is so cold blooded that there is ice water in her veins. She knows that she has the ability to put others outside of their comfort zone. She's totally free of internal restraints (she doesn't care). Most people care about upsetting someone because they have morality...Helen doesn't. I absolutely don't doubt that some people in the house fear her and equally, I have no doubt that Helen revels in that fear....

Helen doesn't have to directly bully anyone to actually be a bully; all she has to do is intimidate by vocally showing everyone just how 'hard' she is.
Old 18-06-2015, 12:39 PM #69

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
So you're saying Jack isn't fat then?
im saying hes not a ****, it's obvious he's fat, but your narrow minded simpleton of a person(helen, not you) cant think up anything witty to say so just calls him a fat ****...
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 01:08 PM #70
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

She won the show last year.This year she is invited back to go into the house for a short period of time. This is what I dont undersatnd cuz if that was me I'd be in there with my feet up bantering with everyone, having a laugh etc. Why not, she's won the show she quite literally has nothing to prove and certainly nothing to gain at all from this brief visit but no she's in with the bitching, she's singled out who she doesnt like and told them which included some name calling, she's defin9itey taken sides with Marc and appears to be against anyone Marc doesnt like. I dont get it. Why is she so motivated to act the way she is acting? Why is she not more relaxed in there.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 01:10 PM #71
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Everyone she comes into contact with has a mouth too don't they?... The abuse she gets is 100% worse than she gives out in the house.
Old 18-06-2015, 01:23 PM #72

It is getting kinda boring all the Helen hate especially on BOTS, it seems like cool & edgy to hate & badmouth Helen for her personality.
If people get intimidated by her in the house, that is their own problem.
BB1984 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 01:27 PM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
She won the show last year.This year she is invited back to go into the house for a short period of time. This is what I dont undersatnd cuz if that was me I'd be in there with my feet up bantering with everyone, having a laugh etc. Why not, she's won the show she quite literally has nothing to prove and certainly nothing to gain at all from this brief visit but no she's in with the bitching, she's singled out who she doesnt like and told them which included some name calling, she's defin9itey taken sides with Marc and appears to be against anyone Marc doesnt like. I dont get it. Why is she so motivated to act the way she is acting? Why is she not more relaxed in there.
Helen has formed an opinion of them as we have on the outside,she has proven she is open minded by chatting to Harry and making up with Brian,she said she was told to 'stir it up' and she has,people don't like nice and boring,they don't like loud and opinionated,just what exactly do people want from BB?

Old 18-06-2015, 01:31 PM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Everyone she comes into contact with has a mouth too don't they?... The abuse she gets is 100% worse than she gives out in the house.
This is a mystery to me Kizzy,people make out she is some unapproachable identity,IF people actually spoke to her and aired their feelings,you just know Helen would understand,if she didn't she would tell them.You wouldn't just sit there and let her mouth of at you ,would you?I know I wouldn't.

Old 18-06-2015, 01:31 PM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
The majority of people wouldn't stand up to Helen, not because they don't have strong characters but because Helen is aggressively unstable (or at least she comes across that way) and most of us humans have something called 'self preservation'.

Helen is a Rottweiler and although many people people often like Rottweilers, they are very cautious about prodding them.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hate, helen, public, unjust, wood