Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Should the UK remain in the EU or leave?
Remain 30 54.55%
Remain
30 54.55%
Leave 18 32.73%
Leave
18 32.73%
Undecided 7 12.73%
Undecided
7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2016, 02:26 PM #1151

So many are now saying Vote Out

And amazing report that some Labour Voters
are not going to Vote or Vote Out
just to get rid of Cameron etc?

Last edited by arista; 03-06-2016 at 02:29 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:45 PM #1152
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
So many are now saying Vote Out

And amazing report that some Labour Voters
are not going to Vote or Vote Out
just to get rid of Cameron etc?
I haven't found that with many Labour voters, many Labour voters however have always been and remain less than enthusiastic towards the EU.

Labour voters also know full well getting rid of Cameron will only pave the way for even worse, namely Boris Johnson, and I don't know of one Labour connected individual who wants Boris Johnson as a Prime Minister.

I for sure do not and I further consider anyone voting out just to try to get rid of Cameron, as a truly pathetic way of deciding how to vote in this referendum.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:03 PM #1153

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Good for you and yes I have oddly enough come cross people saying they are voting out because that will get rid of Cameron quicker.

I am no fan of David Cameron but he is far more superior to the likes of Chris Grayling and certainly the backstabber Boris Johnson,the latter Johnson, not really fighting on the EU but rather to hopefully build up his base to oust him after an exit vote from the EU result.
I also believe Cameron has done his best to get a fair deal for the UK in his negotiations and that he could be possibly the one to get even more if his position was strengthened after an in victory.

I firmly believe had David Cameron come down on the 'out' side, fifty faced Johnson would then have joined the 'in' side.

You are right too however, as to the long term effects of this decision,for the future of the whole UK and the future generations of the UK too, not just us personally.

At least you will be making a decision on the whole picture, not just the bits you like or really dislike.
I admire that.
Have to say Joey with friends like Boris who needs enemies and I also think he would have wanted to stay in if Cameron had wanted to go out,I am quite shocked at him as I always thought he was an ok bloke,just shows you doesn't it ? at least with Cameron what you see is what you get,like him or hate him I do think he is trying his best on the EU.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:58 PM #1154
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Have to say Joey with friends like Boris who needs enemies and I also think he would have wanted to stay in if Cameron had wanted to go out,I am quite shocked at him as I always thought he was an ok bloke,just shows you doesn't it ? at least with Cameron what you see is what you get,like him or hate him I do think he is trying his best on the EU.
He did do his best,and still is as to the EU,he was wise not to ask for too much and therefore be ridiculed even more if that failed.

He also has opened the door to possibly more reform in the EU and oddly enough, in my view, he himself could gain greater status for the UK in the EU, were he to win this referendum with a 'remain' vote.

The EU Nations and hierarchy will be more likely to listen to Cameron in my view after that,much more than any of the shower on the 'out' side.
Boris Johnson, Ian Duncan Smith, Chris Grayling,the awful Theresa Villiers and then let's start on the Labour ones, Frank Field, who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him and the truly pathetic Kate Hoey.
What an unsavoury bunch.

However I think David Cameron realises, this is now becoming a fight for his own survival too.
He will be gone,I am sure of that, if the result is a leave vote.
Some on the 'out' side are now even saying if the result is a narrow win to remain, then David Cameron may still have to go.
What a kick in the teeth.

The 'leave' campaign, as to some on the Conservative side, has now become nothing more than a get a 'leave' result to oust the Prime Minister,probably led by Boris Johnson and that is a really ugly sight for me.

I will take Cameron any day to Boris or any of the other Conservative 'out' candidates for the rest of this Parliament.
Because at the very least on the EU issue, I trust Cameron far more and despite some of his wilder claims as to dangers of out, he is 100% right, that leaving will harm the economy of the UK,for an unknown period.

An economy as to protecting it and making it strong, which is now surprisingly, it seems, of little concern whatsoever to those Conservatives who once rated the economy first and foremost as vital not to ne endangered in any way..

How times change, once personal ambition takes over,remember Boris Johnson promised he would never seek re-election to Westminster until he had completed in full his term as London Mayor.
Then he saw it looked like David Cameron could fail to win an overall majority last year so abandoned that promise and wion a seat in May 2015.
Of course he was thwarted when Cameron got an overall majority.

So he has waited for this EU referendum in my view and chose to go on the opposite side of the PM,to the surprise of a great many too when choosing to back the out campaign.
He has in effect led the campaign too for 'out'.
What a creep, and as you say with so called friends like Boris who needs enemies.

Furthermore with Boris as PM, no way can I see the EU Nations rushing to make anything easier for the UK, if it votes to leave, and then if the Conservatives put that backstabber in as PM too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 03-06-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:38 PM #1155
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

Where do you stand on the EU? Find out with the Eurometer.

eurometer.news.sky.com
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:05 PM #1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tom_ View Post

eurometer.news.sky.com
Im a progressive cosmopolitan! and 95% of progressive cosmopolitans are voting to remain in.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 03-06-2016 at 09:08 PM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:02 PM #1157
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Oooh I want to be one of those! tres chic
Old 03-06-2016, 10:13 PM #1158
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Europhiles tend to define themselves as much by their sense of belonging to Europe as to the United Kingdom. They generally see their identities less as a matter of ancestry or culture than as a set of common ideals and values which are shared by all Europeans. They are, on average, the most enthusiastic supporters in the UK of an ever closer union among European nations.

Europhiles are the most likely of any group to support further integration with the EU. They believe in establishing a level playing field among member countries and that clubbing together brings all EU members greater influence on the world stage. They are generally supportive of the role the EU plays in governing British affairs and tend to believe that the EU strengthens democracy in the UK.

Europhiles are enthusiastic supporters of diversity who welcome immigration and embrace multiculturalism. They are generally supportive of migrants from other countries within the EU who choose to make their lives in the UK. They believe that the UK should accommodate cultural differences.

Europhiles largely view the EU as a positive economic influence on the UK. They tend to perceive of the EU as having improved international trade as well as job prospects in the UK. They are broadly supportive of the EU’s expansion and, while not overly enthusiastic about admitting new members, are more supportive of the idea than most people in the UK.

Europhiles overwhelmingly support remaining in the EU.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:03 AM #1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Oooh I want to be one of those! tres chic
I wonder how many people came up as 'nationalist'
Old 04-06-2016, 08:46 AM #1160
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Europhiles tend to define themselves as much by their sense of belonging to Europe as to the United Kingdom. They generally see their identities less as a matter of ancestry or culture than as a set of common ideals and values which are shared by all Europeans. They are, on average, the most enthusiastic supporters in the UK of an ever closer union among European nations.

Europhiles are the most likely of any group to support further integration with the EU. They believe in establishing a level playing field among member countries and that clubbing together brings all EU members greater influence on the world stage. They are generally supportive of the role the EU plays in governing British affairs and tend to believe that the EU strengthens democracy in the UK.

Europhiles are enthusiastic supporters of diversity who welcome immigration and embrace multiculturalism. They are generally supportive of migrants from other countries within the EU who choose to make their lives in the UK. They believe that the UK should accommodate cultural differences.

Europhiles largely view the EU as a positive economic influence on the UK. They tend to perceive of the EU as having improved international trade as well as job prospects in the UK. They are broadly supportive of the EU’s expansion and, while not overly enthusiastic about admitting new members, are more supportive of the idea than most people in the UK.

Europhiles overwhelmingly support remaining in the EU.

Did you come up as Europhile too, I did,not unexpectedly for me at all.

I would actually lean to trusting Europe more than our own govts,especially the examples of the last 3 at least.

The last 2 Labour ones 2001 to 2010, the coalition from 2010 to 2015 and now even moreso this present one.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:49 AM #1161

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Traditionalists cherish what they see as the customary way of life in the United Kingdom, which they consider to be markedly different from that of continental Europe. Although Traditionalists hold generally unfavourable views of the European Union, they are less hardline than the most fervent Eurosceptics.

Traditionalists’ contempt for the EU is most pronounced when it comes to the perception that laws made in Brussels take precedence over those made at Westminister. But Traditionalists take slightly more moderate positions than other Eurosceptics when it comes to immigration and the economic implications of being in the EU.

Traditionalists are more likely than other Eurosceptics to see certain benefits to the UK economy from free trade within the EU. But they still blame part of the UK’s recent economic troubles on EU policies.

While a minority of Traditionalists favour remaining in the EU, the majority will vote to leave in the upcoming referendum.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:24 AM #1162
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Im a progressive cosmopolitan! and 95% of progressive cosmopolitans are voting to remain in.
Are you still voting out or have you changed your mind?
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:07 AM #1163
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Utilitarian
Along with 18% of the UK
Utilitarians tend to have a strong sense of attachment to their country and their community. Europe is still important to Utilitarians, but their first allegiance is almost always to the United Kingdom.

Utilitarians tend to be satisfied with the role and function of the European Union as long as it appears to benefit the UK. Most Utilitarians broadly think the EU has improved the UK’s national security and has by and large benefitted the British economy.

Utilitarians are often wary of EU regulations on British industry and what they see as Brussels interfering in UK affairs. They generally oppose the further expansion of the EU except where there might be an economic benefit.

Utilitarians are generally open to greater cultural diversity in the UK and support moderate levels of migration from within the EU. They expect that immigrants will abide by the laws and customs of the UK and think that the UK should only admit as many immigrants as the economy can reasonably support.

While Utilitarians tend to be sceptical about the EU overall, they prefer stability to the perceived risks of Brexit, so the majority will vote to remain in the EU.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:33 AM #1164
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
I wonder how many people came up as 'nationalist'
Well, me for a kick off.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:37 PM #1165

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Traditionalist was also 18% of the UK.Would be interesting to see all the percentages.So we have -
Utilitarian 18%
Traditionalist 18%

What percentages were Europhile and Nationalist?
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:54 PM #1166
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I hate the term 'Europhile' it sounds wrong
Old 04-06-2016, 01:21 PM #1167
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Utilitarian
Along with 18% of the UK
Utilitarians tend to have a strong sense of attachment to their country and their community. Europe is still important to Utilitarians, but their first allegiance is almost always to the United Kingdom.

Utilitarians tend to be satisfied with the role and function of the European Union as long as it appears to benefit the UK. Most Utilitarians broadly think the EU has improved the UK’s national security and has by and large benefitted the British economy.

Utilitarians are often wary of EU regulations on British industry and what they see as Brussels interfering in UK affairs. They generally oppose the further expansion of the EU except where there might be an economic benefit.

Utilitarians are generally open to greater cultural diversity in the UK and support moderate levels of migration from within the EU. They expect that immigrants will abide by the laws and customs of the UK and think that the UK should only admit as many immigrants as the economy can reasonably support.

While Utilitarians tend to be sceptical about the EU overall, they prefer stability to the perceived risks of Brexit, so the majority will vote to remain in the EU.

I got this
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:41 PM #1168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Are you still voting out or have you changed your mind?
Im one of the 5 percent of cosmopolitans that's voting out.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:42 PM #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Utilitarian
Along with 18% of the UK

My next nearest thing was 'utilitarian'
Old 04-06-2016, 05:54 PM #1170
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

Quote:
YOUR CLOSEST FIT
Nationalist
Along with 20% of the UK

Nationalists tend to take great pride in the traditions and values of the United Kingdom. They generally think British culture occupies a distinguished position on the global stage. These views mean Nationalists largely want to preserve that culture, and they commonly consider foreign influence as a threat to the national identity and character of the UK.

On average, Nationalists are the group that is most opposed to the European Union. Nationalists largely reject links between the UK and continental Europe, and think the EU is damaging to the social and economic prospects of the UK.

Nationalists also tend to feel that the EU has imposed a culture of political correctness on the UK, which has infringed on their personal freedoms and liberties. They think the EU has foisted liberal migration policies on the UK, resulting in a large influx of foreigners. Nationalists generally have negative views of those immigrants, tending to think that they exploit the nation’s wealth while being unable or unwilling to integrate into British society.

On the economy, Nationalists view the EU as mired in bureaucracy and as a drain on the UK’s resources. They tend to think that the economic policies of the EU have harmed the UK’s prosperity. They generally oppose the EU’s expansion, particularly the admission of countries with relatively weak economies.

Unsurprisingly given their general views of the EU, Nationalists are the group most likely to vote to leave in the upcoming referendum.
oop
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:57 PM #1171

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

YOUR CLOSEST FIT
Disenfranchised
Along with 10% of the UK
The Disenfranchised often feel alienated by government. They tend to doubt how much ordinary people are listened to by their elected representatives, whether at Westminster or in Brussels. They are the most split of any group when it comes to the European Union.

The Disenfranchised are generally critical of the European Union. While they think the EU has benefitted the UK economy in some ways, they feel that the gains have gone mostly to elites. They tend to believe that EU regulations have hampered British business and contributed to flat wages in some areas.

Although The Disenfranchised are generally happy with the principle of cultural diversity within the UK, they think the EU’s migration policies have contributed to poor job prospects for certain sections of British society.

Despite their reservations, many among The Disenfranchised are reluctant to support a total withdrawal from the EU. Though sceptical about the overall benefits of staying in, they are generally worried about the political and economic implications of Brexit. That uncertainty means many of The Disenfranchised would rather leave things as they are.

The Disenfranchised are the most divided group when it comes to how they intend to vote in the referendum. They also include the highest proportion of undecided voters.

Last edited by RichardG; 04-06-2016 at 05:59 PM.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:57 PM #1172
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Europhile

Along with 9% of the UK

Europhiles tend to define themselves as much by their sense of belonging to Europe as to the United Kingdom. They generally see their identities less as a matter of ancestry or culture than as a set of common ideals and values which are shared by all Europeans. They are, on average, the most enthusiastic supporters in the UK of an ever closer union among European nations. Read more...
Makes sense. I've never felt as sure of anything in politics as I do about a Remain vote. I've agonised over party membership and general elections but not this
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 PM #1173
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Also I do actually feel quite European, I love being able to travel anywhere else in the EU so easily and feeling like there is a shared purpose there even while we retain our own nationalities
Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 PM #1174

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tom_ View Post

eurometer.news.sky.com
Did this on my tablet earlier so forgot to save the paragraph and what not but I got cosmopolitan! Along with 17% and we're all for remaining in the EU, which made sense bc I was leaning that way anyway.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:03 PM #1175
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The neo-Nazi with a swastika on her breast... and Vote Leave badge on her vest: From Holocaust deniers to EDL fascists posing at the Kray twins' grave, the violent thugs and racists hijacking the Brexit campaign

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4AePK3YKz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I sure wouldn't want to be associated with these guys

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2016, 23rd, brexit, eu, june, opera, referendum, soap