Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:00 PM #101
User banned

User banned

Christians don't threaten to kill people when Christ is questioned. that's all part of his pacificist teachings. the anti Christians here fail to even recognise that. perhaps theyd like a world where only politicians are left to write our values, beliefs, laws, morals, even the ten commandments for us.....
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:09 PM #102
-

-

Kirk I'm just hypothesising - based on a now quite extensive history of your posts on topics regarding Christianity - that you would find some way or to attempt to debunk or disprove the claim. I don't think there is genuinely any evidence or argument that would sway you from Christianity.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:24 PM #103
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Kirk I'm just hypothesising - based on a now quite extensive history of your posts on topics regarding Christianity - that you would find some way or to attempt to debunk or disprove the claim. I don't think there is genuinely any evidence or argument that would sway you from Christianity.
nor should there be, the value of Christs teachings are eternal and will always hold enormous value and have been of enormous benefit to human civilization.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:32 PM #104
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
nor should there be, the value of Christs teachings are eternal and will always hold enormous value and have been of enormous benefit to human civilization.
Quite.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:24 PM #105
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

I hadn't heard about Mithra, that's pretty amazing. If something like that happened today, Christianity would be sued for plagiarism.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:53 PM #106

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Do not swallow any of this baloney Paul. Follow this link:

http://beginningandend.com/jesus-cop...is-pagan-gods/

Or if you believe the Zeitgeist baloney, win $1,000 dollars here:

http://zeitgeistchallenge.com/

And here's a satirical eye-opener from Cracked.com:

http://www.cracked.com/funny-1710-zeitgeist-movie/
First link says it's no longer avaliable.Read the others.
I saw Zeitgeist a few years back and remember saying to someone that i thought it was a load crap.

The religion part of it i was unsure about because i don't know enough about all those deities to have a valid opinion.However i was skeptical due the BS trend of the rest of the movie and the 'sun/son' comparison never held any water with me.This sounded like a writer grasping at straws to me.

The NWO theories floating all over Youtube i have never believed,To me it is way too far fetched that a small group of greedy elites could control the majority of the worlds governments.They could not imo have the power or the money to do such a thing.Nobody would accept it and they would have been legitimately exposed a long time ago.

9/11 being an inside job imo....Impossible.Not impossible to physically do but impossible to pull off undetected.No President would be stupid enough to attempt it(not even Bush) and would not have the stomach for it or good reason.

I am not religious,For me,The Bible(i've read some of it) is a brilliant,imaginitive piece of writing based on some real people(imo) which although i don't believe most of it,gives amazing insight into the way people thought and lived 2000 or so years ago.
I do believe in Jesus and i do believe that people thought he was the son of god.I believe it is possible he thought he was the son of god.However i don't believe he was as i don't believe in a god.
Their have been so many religions for at least 10,000 years before Christianity and Judaism which died out with the civilisations which created them.
The logical part of me says that todays religions are no different.What makes one of them truth and the rest of them fiction?Specially one as recent as Christianity.Why would god only choose to show himself 2000+ years ago and not millenia before that time?There is so much of the bible that is proven to not be true now,Why should i believe any of it?To me,If some of it is undoubtably fiction then why should any of it be true?

I think religions evolved just as everything else does,I Think this evolution is what makes todays religions what they are(or were 2000 years back) and they would not exist without there predecessors.

I also cannot say for certain that i am right because in the end,I don't know and i don't believe that anybody does.Some people just think they do,Religious and non religious people.
I respect anybodies beliefs even if i don't believe them myself as long as they don't harm others.However it would take an act of god or Jesus to perform a miracle in front of me to make me believe he was who the bible claims him to be.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 10-04-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:14 PM #107
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
First link says it's no longer avaliable.Read the others.
I saw Zeitgeist a few years back and remember saying to someone that i thought it was a load crap.

The religion part of it i was unsure about because i don't know enough about all those deities to have a valid opinion.However i was skeptical due the BS trend of the rest of the movie and the 'sun/son' comparison never held any water with me.This sounded like a writer grasping at straws to me.

The NWO theories floating all over Youtube i have never believed,To me it is way too far fetched that a small group of greedy elites could control the majority of the worlds governments.They could not imo have the power or the money to do such a thing.Nobody would accept it and they would have been legitimately exposed a long time ago.

9/11 being an inside job imo....Impossible.Not impossible to physically do but impossible to pull off undetected.No President would be stupid enough to attempt it(not even Bush) and would not have the stomach for it or good reason.

I am not religious,For me,The Bible(i've read some of it) is a brilliant,imaginitive piece of writing based on some real people(imo) which although i don't believe most of it,gives amazing insight into the way people thought and lived 2000 or so years ago.
I do believe in Jesus and i do believe that people thought he was the son of god.I believe it is possible he thought he was the son of god.However i don't believe he was as i don't believe in a god.
Their have been so many religions for at least 10,000 years before Christianity and Judaism which died out with the civilisations which created them.
The logical part of me says that todays religions are no different.What makes one of them truth and the rest of them fiction?Specially one as recent as Christianity.Why would god only choose to show himself 2000+ years ago and not millenia before that time?There is so much of the bible that is proven to not be true now,Why should i believe any of it?To me,If some of it is undoubtably fiction then why should any of it be true?

I think religions evolved just as everything else does,I Think this evolution is what makes todays religions what they are(or were 2000 years back) and they would not exist without there predecessors.

I also cannot say for certain that i am right because in the end,I don't know and i don't believe that anybody does.Some people just think they do,Religious and non religious people.
I respect anybodies beliefs even if i don't believe them myself as long as they don't harm others.However it would take an act of god or Jesus to perform a miracle in front of me to make me believe he was who the bible claims him to be.
An it harm none....Oh, that's a different story
Old 10-04-2015, 09:45 PM #108
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
it is possible you simply choose to denounce his teachings and his values simply because of your own personal baggage.... its of no concern to me as your beliefs are of no relevance to me lmao

I don't "denounce his teachings" I don't believe he exists

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 07:55 PM #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..oh I've seen that documentary, Bob...and what I also found interesting with it was that it mentioned the Panorama programme from years ago..(did you see that..)...and some of the people who were involved in intimidating/threatening the programme makers then have now left the organisation/cult and they mentioned it on there....
Yes the Panorama investigation was really good seeing John Sweeney finally lose his temper with them was TV gold. They really are a creepy cult.
The way they flooded the IRS with lawsuits and then offered to make them go away if they were declared a religion and tax exempt was nothing short of extortion its amazing the Americans were weak enough to cave in to them.

billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 05:00 PM #110
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I believe our modern religions are nothing more than a Chinese whisper from ancient civilisations.
I like that, it's concise down to a single sentence. I don't think there's anything wrong with believing in a religion, but I do think that the books that are there to pad out the belief systems are a heap of ****e. Noah did not put two of every animal in a giant ark and ride out a flood that killed all life on the planet. Moses did not split a sea in half and walk right through it. Blah blah blah...
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 05:11 PM #111
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
I like that, it's concise down to a single sentence. I don't think there's anything wrong with believing in a religion, but I do think that the books that are there to pad out the belief systems are a heap of ****e. Noah did not put two of every animal in a giant ark and ride out a flood that killed all life on the planet. Moses did not split a sea in half and walk right through it. Blah blah blah...
Z this kind of post can generate a Kirk 1000 word essay post and its nearly the weekend

I can hear him typing now on his zx spectrum
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 05:34 PM #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Z this kind of post can generate a Kirk 1000 word essay post and its nearly the weekend

I can hear him typing now on his zx spectrum
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 05:34 PM #113
User banned

User banned

Quote:
the great floods did happen several times....its been proven, they've trawled out the the dead sea and dug out loads of boats dating back 1000s of years including the sea of gallillee boat....the moses story where he split the sea is also an area where the rocks in the middle of the river created the illusion of him parting the seas.....these things did happen though whether all animals were on board or or some animals on board noahs ark who knows...whether there were actual supernatural miracles is open to interpretation...these are literal and symbolic ways of interpreting most things in the Bible....either way you choose to believe or disbelieve it...I believe all these stories have inherent value. stories are not measurements in scientific terms, stories are an amalgamation of incidents events, people, personalities, bravery cowardice, luck , morals etc etc none of these can be measured in purely scientific terms. science and religion do not always have to be in direct conflict, the majority of great scientists were in fact religious themselves.. frankly theyre totally different subjects and the 2 can co exist.
Old 17-04-2015, 05:37 PM #114
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
the great floods did happen several times....its been proven, they've trawled out the the dead sea and dug out loads of boats dating back 1000s of years including the sea of gallillee boat....the moses story where he split the sea is also an area where the rocks in the middle of the river created the illusion of him parting the seas.....these things did happen though whether all animals were on board or or some animals on board noahs ark who knows...whether there were actual supernatural miracles is open to interpretation...these are literal and symbolic ways of interpreting most things in the Bible....either way you choose to believe or disbelieve it...I believe all these stories have inherent value. stories are not measurements in scientific terms, stories are an amalgamation of incidents events, people, personalities, bravery cowardice, luck , morals etc etc none of these can be measured in purely scientific terms. science and religion do not always have to be in direct conflict, the majority of great scientists were in fact religious themselves.. frankly theyre totally different subjects and the 2 can co exist.

well lets just forget about them and move on. We should be concentrating on teaching ALL children at school

All Gods are fake
Supernatural things are not real
Ghosts are made up
Mediums are fake
No one can see into the future

For the sake of the future
Old 17-04-2015, 05:46 PM #115
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
No, you're right Zee, Noah didn't take two of each kind of animal onto the ark. According to the Bible, he took two of each unclean animal, and seven of each of all the others.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 05:52 PM #116
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
No, you're right Zee, Noah didn't take two of each kind of animal onto the ark. According to the Bible, he took two of each unclean animal, and seven of each of all the others.

what is an unclean animal?

that old bastard made them all and now he is saying some are not clean?
Old 17-04-2015, 05:55 PM #117
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
what is an unclean animal?

that old bastard made them all and now he is saying some are not clean?
Pigs, camels... You're a bit of a filthy animal Trumpet, but I believe there can't possibly be two of you.
Old 17-04-2015, 05:57 PM #118
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Pigs, camels... You're a bit of a filthy animal Trumpet, but I believe there can't possibly be two of you.

smallest boy LT is coming on a treat
Old 17-04-2015, 06:01 PM #119
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
smallest boy LT is coming on a treat
LOL... learning at the feet of the master.

Last edited by Livia; 17-04-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 17-04-2015, 06:04 PM #120

Quote:
There is NO answer to that - Even from the Trumpet.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 17-04-2015 at 06:04 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 10:54 PM #121
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Poor old pigling bland
Old 17-04-2015, 11:01 PM #122
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Old 18-04-2015, 08:15 AM #123

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The Noah story is'nt just from the bible.Similar things have been written before.The Sumerians had a similar flood story.There are a few theories.There apparently was a flood in around 2900BC.More than likely a regional one though around Mesapotamia not an all life on earth destroying super flood.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 08:31 AM #124

i think what ever storys are going round as long as good can come from it or people get strength its - and if i get struck down i will no god does not want no more poetry.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 12:02 AM #125
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jesus, myths, nearidentical, predate