Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-01-2020, 09:30 AM #101
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

People are speaking with such authority on this thread, about Meghan and her father. None of us know what he's like, who he is, how he feels. It looks like people who hated him to begin with had that hatred reinforced. And those of us who had not much interest either way, saw him as a vulnerable, naive man.

None of us know. Just because you've seen Meghan on Suits doesn't mean you know her any more than I know her father.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 09:32 AM #102

Has anyone professed to know her because she was on Suits?

I think the prevailing defence of Meghan is actually the opposite, that we don't know her so the overwhelming backlash is entirely out of proportion and unjustified.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 09:36 AM #103

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Thing is even if all of that is true, that's her and Harry's business. If she's literally awful and he wants to be with her more than he wants to be a Royal - that's entirely his prerogative. Because I'm pretty sure jet, as astute as you might be, I'm thinking you PROBABLY don't know Meghan better than her husband knows her. To think that you do would be astounding? SO if she is all of those things and he wants to be with her, then you can be pretty sure that... he must be those things, too? And yet 90% of the flak cannons are pointed directly at Meghan with Harry painted as some poor little cuckold victim powerless to stop such a monster. Ask yourself why.

Her former friends and colleagues say that Meghan was engaging, charming and funny...until she no longer needs you, then she turns cold and you never hear from her again. As I don't know the woman from Adam, I can only go from what I see, hear and read and my own gut instincts and form an opinion on that. Perhaps she loves Harry, who knows - for now anyway.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 09:36 AM #104
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Has anyone professed to know her because she was on Suits?

I think the prevailing defence of Meghan is actually the opposite, that we don't know her so the overwhelming backlash is entirely out of proportion and unjustified.
As far as I'm aware, that is what she was famous for before she coupled up with Harry. I had no idea who she was because I don't watch it. My knowledge of her father is the same. Look at some of the hysterical language on here, Marshy. Hysterics based on some tabloid stories and a one-hour edited interview.

He's being called a bad father for releasing a letter she sent him , after it had already had parts of it leaked by Meghan's friends, and which showed him in a bad light. That strikes me as quite manipulative, and if someone had done that to me I'd also have released the entire document. But again, I don't know either of them and I really am not interested in guessing which is the more to blame.
Old 28-01-2020, 09:44 AM #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
As far as I'm aware, that is what she was famous for before she coupled up with Harry. I had no idea who she was because I don't watch it. My knowledge of her father is the same. Look at some of the hysterical language on here, Marshy. Hysterics based on some tabloid stories and a one-hour edited interview.

He's being called a bad father for releasing a letter she sent him , after it had already had parts of it leaked by Meghan's friends, and which showed him in a bad light. That strikes me as quite manipulative, and if someone had done that to me I'd also have released the entire document. But again, I don't know either of them and I really am not interested in guessing which is the more to blame.
I think calling him a bad father based on this publicity tour of his is fair enough imo. As TS said earlier, even if we were to believe all of the stuff about Meghan it still doesn't paint him in a good light as her dad at all. Giving interviews to the likes of Piers Morgan, just grotesque.

But, I completely agree, we don't actually know either of them so don't, and probably won't ever, actually get to any sort of "truth". It's why I find the backlash against her so ridiculously out of proportion. But then, as has been said, it's probably being fed purposely more than ever to distract from the sex offender on the other page.

Last edited by Marsh.; 28-01-2020 at 09:45 AM.
Old 28-01-2020, 09:53 AM #106
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I think calling him a bad father based on this publicity tour of his is fair enough imo. As TS said earlier, even if we were to believe all of the stuff about Meghan it still doesn't paint him in a good light as her dad at all. Giving interviews to the likes of Piers Morgan, just grotesque.

But, I completely agree, we don't actually know either of them so don't, and probably won't ever, actually get to any sort of "truth". It's why I find the backlash against her so ridiculously out of proportion. But then, as has been said, it's probably being fed purposely more than ever to distract from the sex offender on the other page.
The press would never lie to us, would they....?
Old 28-01-2020, 09:53 AM #107

Quote:
The press would never lie to us, would they....?
Of course not. Daily Mail is my bible.
Old 28-01-2020, 10:34 AM #108

Meghans father having an interview with Piers Morgan is no more grotesque than Harry and Meghans self pity on their documentary about the hardships young girls suffer in South Africa...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 11:26 AM #109

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

My feelings on this too. I had never heard of her or watched Suits

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 28-01-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 11:39 AM #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Meghans father having an interview with Piers Morgan is no more grotesque than Harry and Meghans self pity on their documentary about the hardships young girls suffer in South Africa...
What about, what about, what about
Old 28-01-2020, 01:45 PM #111
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I don’t support him giving interviews; I never said I agree with what he is doing. I was laying out how the estrangement by all accounts is said to have happened. The reasons she turned her back on him initially weren't that terrible, especially as she had neglected him at a time when he was all at sea with the huge impact of what was happening, and not even shown the respect of meeting Harry.
I don’t know how any adult could ignore their father’s heart surgery. She should have been over there as soon after the wedding as possible to visit him, but she didn’t even ask him how it went or indeed inquire after his health at all subsequently. How could anyone think that was fine? Instead Harry berated him while lying in his hospital bed. Disgusting.

Mr. Markle strikes me as desperate, angry, confused, sad, frustrated and probably in need of money to pay for his ongoing poor health issues. Meghan strikes me as cold, unforgiving, shallow, self - absorbed, fame hungry, and a serious grudge holder.
She has a history of discarding people when they are no longer of use to her. Her former friends before Suits (all her ‘friends’ now are rich and/or famous), her extended family, her former husband who was discarded in a cruel way (and who was the one who got acting roles to begin with), and now the royal family. When there is a pattern, there is a big red flag. I just don’t think she is a nice person, period.
You're kinda stepping over the whole repeated selling out his own daughter thing there by pinning it all on her. You're acknowledging it...slightly... but then you're brushing it all under the table to say that Meghan's basically responsible for a grown man's actions. You are justifying what is toxic behaviour to slam someone you don't like.

Meghan owes him nothing. She doesn't belong to him.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 02:26 PM #112

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
You're kinda stepping over the whole repeated selling out his own daughter thing there by pinning it all on her. You're acknowledging it...slightly... but then you're brushing it all under the table to say that Meghan's basically responsible for a grown man's actions. You are justifying what is toxic behaviour to slam someone you don't like.

Meghan owes him nothing. She doesn't belong to him.
Meanwhile, you are brushing her initial neglectful and callous behaviour under the table - not even alluding to it in fact at all - and slamming him to justify your like of her and dislike of him, whereas I have said on here what he is doing now is wrong and he is now losing the plot.
If Meghan owes him nothing, then the same can be said for him owing her nothing either...relationships are a two - way street.

Last edited by jet; 28-01-2020 at 02:27 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 02:33 PM #113
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I really struggle to understand why he would choose to speak publicly to any media about her, as he did in the interview...when he knows this is the exact type thing that hurts her and a huge part of the reason given for her and Harry’s decision...and then to add another layer of hurt, he’s chosen to speak to someone that he knows feels nothing but negativity for her...it’s unfathomable...as a parent, I find that unfathomable...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 02:35 PM #114
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I really struggle to understand why he would choose to speak publicly to any media about her, as he did in the interview...when he knows this is the exact type thing that hurts her and a huge part of the reason given for her and Harry’s decision...and then to add another layer of hurt, he’s chosen to speak to someone that he knows feels nothing but negativity for her...it’s unfathomable...as a parent, I find that unfathomable...
100%. Can't see how any parent could possibly defend it actually

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 03:27 PM #115
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I don't see how anyone can feel so strongly without knowing all the facts. I think it's terribly sad that a father and daughter have come to this. Apart from that, it's gossip in my view.
Old 28-01-2020, 03:32 PM #116

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

This guy has literally sold his daughter down the river ,yet he wants sympathy the delusion is real.

Hope he enjoys the dirty payouts he's had to bad mouth his daughter and her husband. Everyone is a grown adult, and it's embarrassing how he's behaving.

Meghan & Harry have enough on their plates ,they also have a son to think of. They don't have time for this crap.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 28-01-2020 at 03:33 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 03:34 PM #117
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....hmmmm, no...it isn’t gossip that Thomas Markle chose to subject his daughter to more media scrutiny by agreeing to and giving an interview with someone who has shown a strong bias toward Meghan...that’s not really gossip at all, it is what it is...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 03:34 PM #118
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Again... no one knows what Meghan and Harry have time for.
Old 28-01-2020, 03:35 PM #119

Quote:
Again... no one knows what Meghan and Harry have time for.
With an 8 month old baby I'm sure you could take a guess.
Old 28-01-2020, 03:37 PM #120

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

All I know is if I was in Meghan's shoes I'd feel extremely betrayed , he makes it incredibly difficult to sympathise with when he keeps twisting the knife .
Old 28-01-2020, 03:38 PM #121
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
With an 8 month old baby I'm sure you could take a guess.
They have had countless nannies and have one now.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 03:39 PM #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Thank you, Meghan.
Old 28-01-2020, 03:39 PM #123
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
....hmmmm, no...it isn’t gossip that Thomas Markle chose to subject his daughter to more media scrutiny by agreeing to and giving an interview with someone who has shown a strong bias toward Meghan...that’s not really gossip at all, it is what it is...
Exactly. It's fact

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 03:41 PM #124

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Wow I wasn't aware you were close friends with Meghan & Harry , how's baby Archie doing ?? he's soo cute .
Old 28-01-2020, 04:06 PM #125
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Thank you, Meghan.
You are welcome jan.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
27th or 1 or 20, dad, gmbhditv, live, markle, thomas