Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2020, 04:42 PM #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Not really, three terror attacks already this year, Islam inspired of course because that's norm in this country.

Yes but the PM
has stated today Laws will change

It is bad news 3 British
stabbed to Death by an Evil Libyan Terrorist
its Gone Worldwide
Even on left wing CNN USA
Old 21-06-2020, 04:44 PM #127

"Fastest-growing UK terrorist threat "

Bloody Slim.
Sure but these Islamic Loner Killers are far worse
as they are More Active in DEATHS
Old 21-06-2020, 04:55 PM #128
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
"Fastest-growing UK terrorist threat "

Bloody Slim.
Sure but these Islamic Loner Killers are far worse
as they are More Active in DEATHS
Bloody slim?
Old 21-06-2020, 05:08 PM #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Bloody slim?

Yes as you keep going on about
the New Evil white terrorists.
Yes a threat.
But not active killers

And you ignore
these Evil Asylum Islamic (Libyan, this time)
loner Killers

Last edited by arista; 21-06-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old 21-06-2020, 05:14 PM #130
Banned

Banned

Bloody Slim! Focusing on white terrorists when there's arabic ones about!!
Old 21-06-2020, 05:17 PM #131

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:
Bloody slim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Jumping onto a poor choice of words instead of actually addressing the subject.
Old 21-06-2020, 05:35 PM #132

One of the Dead is a Top history Teacher

Last edited by arista; 21-06-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Old 21-06-2020, 05:35 PM #133
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Jumping onto a poor choice of words instead of actually addressing the subject.
What's there to address? You've had a defensive reaction to the term 'right-wing terrorism' because you instinctively need to jump to downplay it because of the 'right-wing' part of it.

What do you suggest needs to be done to combat terrorism? Let me guess, all your suggestions will be focused around islam and will also infringe on basic human rights.

You can't destroy an ideology but you can change the circumstances that allow it to thrive. When it comes to domestic terrorism, it's always particular people that are radicalised, people are are vulnerable to manipulation and are angry enough with their circumstances to be convinced over time to do something unthinkable.

The hard truth is that terrorism will always be a thing, prevention is the key but unless you're willing to surrender your rights, people will slip through the cracks. If you blame a certain race or religion and want to enforce laws that lead to their victimisation or discrimination then you're handing power to these recruiters that will use such measures as ammunition.
Old 21-06-2020, 05:47 PM #134

Quote:

Yes he does it Every Time.

Evil white terrorists matter, Dezzy
but not on this thread.
Old 21-06-2020, 05:55 PM #135

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
What's there to address? You've had a defensive reaction to the term 'right-wing terrorism' because you instinctively need to jump to downplay it because of the 'right-wing' part of it.

What do you suggest needs to be done to combat terrorism? Let me guess, all your suggestions will be focused around islam and will also infringe on basic human rights.

You can't destroy an ideology but you can change the circumstances that allow it to thrive. When it comes to domestic terrorism, it's always particular people that are radicalised, people are are vulnerable to manipulation and are angry enough with their circumstances to be convinced over time to do something unthinkable.

The hard truth is that terrorism will always be a thing, prevention is the key but unless you're willing to surrender your rights, people will slip through the cracks. If you blame a certain race or religion and want to enforce laws that lead to their victimisation or discrimination then you're handing power to these recruiters that will use such measures as ammunition.
Really typical assumption of yours tbh. Im not saying, not defending, and not pretending 'right wing' terrorism exists, it obviously does exist. My reaction was to the Guardian story Slim posted, that ok maybe it's the 'fast-growing' threat, but it certainly isn't the biggest threat, the biggest threat as far as terrorism is concerned is Islamic driven in this country. That isn't my opinion, it's just fact.

What would i do to combat Islamic terrorism in the UK? Good question. Unfortunately, you especially will assume my view would be to 'get rid of all muslims, this is the uk not pakistan mate innit, white power' etc. You realise most people in this country have no problem integrating and getting on with people from all walks of life, right? Me being one. Human rights should apply to all humans. To combat the Islamic terrorism in the UK we need to take a tougher stance imo, especially those who threat terrorism, they shouldn't be homed with like minded people in prision. Education is key. Families need to be held accountable too, you constantly here about how the families knew of their sons/daughters/neice/nephews plans or 'views'.

Also people like you Dezzy need to accept this is a real problem, we need to be united when it comes to terrorism, in all forms. Too many have their own agendas, and as you like to say too many use this 'whataboutism' narrative (which is kinda ironic).

A lot needs to be done, but as you say whataboutism is a waste of time.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:00 PM #136
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes he does it Every Time.

Evil white terrorists matter, Dezzy
but not on this thread.
Of all the people to accuse others of repetition, I'm not sure you're the best placed.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:05 PM #137
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Really typical assumption of yours tbh. Im not saying, not defending, and not pretending 'right wing' terrorism exists, it obviously does exist. My reaction was to the Guardian story Slim posted, that ok maybe it's the 'fast-growing' threat, but it certainly isn't the biggest threat, the biggest threat as far as terrorism is concerned is Islamic driven in this country. That isn't my opinion, it's just fact.

What would i do to combat Islamic terrorism in the UK? Good question. Unfortunately, you especially will assume my view would be to 'get rid of all muslims, this is the uk not pakistan mate innit, white power' etc. You realise most people in this country have no problem integrating and getting on with people from all walks of life, right? Me being one. Human rights should apply to all humans. To combat the Islamic terrorism in the UK we need to take a tougher stance imo, especially those who threat terrorism, they shouldn't be homed with like minded people in prision. Education is key. Families need to be held accountable too, you constantly here about how the families knew of their sons/daughters/neice/nephews plans or 'views'.

Also people like you Dezzy need to accept this is a real problem, we need to be united when it comes to terrorism, in all forms. Too many have their own agendas, and as you like to say too many use this 'whataboutism' narrative (which is kinda ironic).

Not Dezzy hoisted by his own Petard!

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-06-2020, 06:12 PM #138

Quote:
Of all the people to accuse others of repetition, I'm not sure you're the best placed.

More Important Data
Reading stabbings: Tributes paid to teacher James Furlong
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53130559
Old 21-06-2020, 06:15 PM #139
Banned

Banned

Quote:

You should learn what a constitutes a fact.

Also your suggested methods infringe on human rights and ring dangerously close to North Korea's approach of punishing a whole family for one person's mistake. You can't throw a whole family under the bus for the actions of one person. You're championing Guilt by association. Honestly, I was right, your proposed methods would probably end up increasing the rates of terrorist attacks because, like I said, tactics like targeting families would have terrorist organisations rubbing their hands with glee since you'd be radicalising folks for them.

Also, you made a big song and dance about assumptions yet you make plenty of assumptions about me in your post. If you're gonna try and get on your high horse then don't faceplant into it's **** the second you do so.

While you're grasping the concepts of facts, you should also look up whataboutism and irony. You made out that Islamic terrorism is the norm, Slim proved otherwise by saying that Right-Wing terrorism is the biggest growing threat. That's not whataboutism, that's simply pointing out a fact.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:15 PM #140
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
[/B]

Not Dezzy hoisted by his own Petard!
Not Cherie backing the losing horse in this race.... again. Then again, why break the habit of a lifetime.

Last edited by Tom4784; 21-06-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:20 PM #141

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
You should learn what a constitutes a fact.

Also your suggested methods infringe on human rights and ring dangerously close to North Korea's approach of punishing a whole family for one person's mistake. You can't throw a whole family under the bus for the actions of one person. You're championing Guilt by association. Honestly, I was right, your proposed methods would probably end up increasing the rates of terrorist attacks because, like I said, tactics like targeting families would have terrorist organisations rubbing their hands with glee since you'd be radicalising folks for them.

Also, you made a big song and dance about assumptions yet you make plenty of assumptions about me in your post. If you're gonna try and get on your high horse then don't faceplant into it's **** the second you do so.

While you're grasping the concepts of facts, you should also look up whataboutism and irony. You made out that Islamic terrorism is the norm, Slim proved otherwise by saying that Right-Wing terrorism is the biggest growing threat. That's not whataboutism, that's simply pointing out a fact.
Quote:
Not Cherie backing the losing horse in this race.... again. Then again, why break the habit of a lifetime.
I was about to debate your post, respectfully argue points made, then BIB. You've made your agenda quite clear, to you it's about 'winning' an argument. People like you can never be reasoned with. Have a good day.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:23 PM #142
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

More dead because of an asylum seeker from lybia

We need to get tough, this happens too much and is our number 1 terror threat to the UK.

Bar none
Old 21-06-2020, 06:31 PM #143
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I was about to debate your post, respectfully argue points made, then BIB. You've made your agenda quite clear, to you it's about 'winning' an argument. People like you can never be reasoned with. Have a good day.
Drop the bull****, you didn't have a response and you're looking for an easy way out to save face. You aren't being noble or above it all, you're running away with your little tail between your legs.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:32 PM #144
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Your opinion of yourself is amazing..not sure it’s universally shared on TiBB, I’m sure your Discord friends will back your nag though and a great discussion will ensue

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-06-2020, 06:39 PM #145

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Drop the bull****, you didn't have a response and you're looking for an easy way out to save face. You aren't being noble or above it all, you're running away with your little tail between your legs.
I do not wish to lower myself to your level, however i'll leave you with some stats. 39 people murdered by Islamic terrorists in the UK since 2017. 1 person murdered by Right Wing terrorists in the UK since 2017.

Again, the biggest terrorist threat in the UK is Islamic, not right wing.

Also, pathetic.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:56 PM #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
More dead because of an asylum seeker from lybia

We need to get tough, this happens too much and is our number 1 terror threat to the UK.

Bar none

Yes PM said he may change laws
Old 21-06-2020, 07:00 PM #147
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I do not wish to lower myself to your level, however i'll leave you with some stats. 39 people murdered by Islamic terrorists in the UK since 2017. 1 person murdered by Right Wing terrorists in the UK since 2017.

Again, the biggest terrorist threat in the UK is Islamic, not right wing.

Also, pathetic.
'I don't wish to lower myself down to your level' two seconds later 'pathetic'.

You sure love your hypocrisy, huh? That's twice in a few posts now. Perhaps the high horse is simply too high for you.

You also completely ignored the fact that I called out your own proposals as guilt by association, again, you didn't have an answer for that I suppose.

Also you're changing the goalposts, Slim's link, a quote from actual experts said that right wing terrorism is the fastest growing which is what I also pointed out in the response you ignored so you could run away from the discussion. You tried to accuse me of whataboutism but you're pretty much doing it right here.

What was it your cheerleader said? 'Hoisted by your own petard?' Yup, that's certainly true for you.
Old 21-06-2020, 07:05 PM #148
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Your opinion of yourself is amazing..not sure it’s universally shared on TiBB, I’m sure your Discord friends will back your nag though and a great discussion will ensue
Stones and glass houses, Cherie.
Old 21-06-2020, 07:32 PM #149
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Stones and glass houses, Cherie.
lol

Old 21-06-2020, 07:34 PM #150
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

oh I am Swans cheerleader now Next thing he will be in my 'group' that is how it works isn't it, but we all know who the 'group' are now

Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
country, lives, risk, terrible