Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:07 AM #26

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

plus, his mum has been in a coma for two years. why should he not go onto big brother?? he's getting on with life, while still thinking about his mum
kisywisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:08 AM #27
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Matt Cardle

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by NONESHALLPASS
Quote:
Originally posted by MissKittyFantastico
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by kisywisy
sorry but if my mum was in a coma, i would talk about it. he doesn't seem like the type of person that would actually use something as serious as that to win a gameshow.

whether the other hm feel bad for him is their choice. they aren't voting for him anyway, it's the public, so it makes no difference and it's not been on the HL shows so can't influence the public
IF my mum was in a coma i wouldnt be on BB full stop
I dont care if i had waited 10 years to get on I wouldnt go on knowing my mum was in hospital

I didnt say he shouldt talk about his mum, what i said was he keep repeating the same story about her being in hospital all the time, its apparant that it is affecting h/m`s people are commenting in there all the time how much they would like to see charlie win.
Marcus has said it, freddie has, lisa, kris did, saffia did and noirin did the other night
If he is upset about losing these months with her etc then why enter in the first place? he said its not about the money
I actually said this myself when I first heard about his mum, I don't think I would have gone on a show where I could be gone for 4 months.

How would he feel if she suddenly passed away (God forbid) and he wasn't there with her?
Probably what he has asked is they keep him informed of any change he needs to know about etc
They usually do that dont they??
It wouldnt be enough for me though, I would have to be near and definately not on BB
I'm sure he's asked to be kept notified but to be fair she could slip away completely very quickly (my OH's nan was in a coma from the same thing as Charlie's mum and she passed away suddenly and there was nothing they could do).

I'm in agreement with you on this one, I just couldn't not be there, whether she knew I was there or not.
MissKittyFantastico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 AM #28
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

Quote:
plus, his mum has been in a coma for two years. why should he not go onto big brother?? he's getting on with life, while still thinking about his mum
Maybe it's what his mum would have wanted him to do, and noone saying he shouldn't be on BB, well I'm certainly not.

I'm just saying I couldn't personally do it.
MissKittyFantastico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:12 AM #29

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sorry but if my mum was in a coma, i would talk about it. he doesn't seem like the type of person that would actually use something as serious as that to win a gameshow.

whether the other hm feel bad for him is their choice. they aren't voting for him anyway, it's the public, so it makes no difference and it's not been on the HL shows so can't influence the public
IF my mum was in a coma i wouldnt be on BB full stop
I dont care if i had waited 10 years to get on I wouldnt go on knowing my mum was in hospital

I didnt say he shouldt talk about his mum, what i said was he keep repeating the same story about her being in hospital all the time, its apparant that it is affecting h/m`s people are commenting in there all the time how much they would like to see charlie win.
Marcus has said it, freddie has, lisa, kris did, saffia did and noirin did the other night
If he is upset about losing these months with her etc then why enter in the first place? he said its not about the money
I actually said this myself when I first heard about his mum, I don't think I would have gone on a show where I could be gone for 4 months.

How would he feel if she suddenly passed away (God forbid) and he wasn't there with her?
Probably what he has asked is they keep him informed of any change he needs to know about etc
They usually do that dont they??
It wouldnt be enough for me though, I would have to be near and definately not on BB
I'm sure he's asked to be kept notified but to be fair she could slip away completely very quickly (my OH's nan was in a coma from the same thing as Charlie's mum and she passed away suddenly and there was nothing they could do).

I'm in agreement with you on this one, I just couldn't not be there, whether she knew I was there or not.
Ohh so you know unfortunately how quickly things can happen then sorry to hear about that
Im a huge BB fan and if i got the call and was told your in the house but it was at a time when my mum was really ill and admitted to hospital or if she was already in hospital and had been for some time i would decline any offer to go in.
NONESHALLPASS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:13 AM #30

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe it's what his mum would have wanted him to do, and noone saying he shouldn't be on BB, well I'm certainly not.

I'm just saying I couldn't personally do it.
I agree with you there its purely what I would do
NONESHALLPASS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:17 AM #31

Charlie is a fake and everything he does lately there seems to be an agenda behind it,fair enough its a shame about his mum but every1 has there own sob stories but dont feel the need to keep mentioning it,remember when he got a bb wish ! if he was so concered about his mum why did he choose to have a big mac meal instead of a letter from home!
alchemists1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:17 AM #32

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Long_Run
Quote:
Let me start by saying I fully appreciate that his mum being in a coma is awful and I sympathise with that.
But in my opinion what he is now doing is playing this card far too often in order to make people feel guilty about competing against him.
Charlie needs to appreciate that everyone in that house has entered a competition to win, they all have their reasons and people they may want to help with the money etc
I really do not feel its fair for him to keep on about the situation about his mum, I think this is the reason more and more people are saying they want him to win, he has obviously told them his story and they feel guilty now for trying to beat him.

Isaac said the main reason for him wanting to go last night was hearing charlie`s story
Without live feed we cant see what is being said through the day, but it is becoming apparant that charlie is saying about his story on a daily basis.
Now he is talking about charities and wanting to give to needy causes etc
Talking about the starving people abroad etc, bea is engaging him and is genuinely talking about the plight in the third world countries etc
But Im not so sure charlie is as passionate as he would like us to believe.
Wish he would just be himself and stop this guilt trip stuff he is putting on people
Charlie IS being himslf. He suffers from Attention Deficit Hypeactivity Disorder as a consequence of a Vagus nerve condition .
His apparent 'back-stabbing' that people refer to is a conseqence of his condition whereby in order to process knowledge he needs to share it. If you watch his so called 'back stabbing' anything he says abut people, he tells them about. he needs to share knowledge to achieve a consensus. He needs to estblish a common Weltanschauung (world view) before he can process knowledge himself. He can't operate in a world with secrets or competing perspectives because he doesn't know what to believe.
ADHD does not turn you into a backstabber or **** stirrer. I think yiou are making up pathetic excuses for his vile behaviour.
quietman1963 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:28 AM #33

The adhd excuse is just that another excuse,some people try to justify all the shiet stirring and nasty things he does when he is just plain fake.
alchemists1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:51 AM #34

What if his mother wakes up......

Mother: " Where's Charlie?"
Nurse: "His in the BB house partying it up!"
Mother: "WTF, I'm gunna kill him!!!!!!"
Speedy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:03 AM #35

David just said to Lisa "I want Charlie to win, its the principle."
Speedy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:04 AM #36

i don't think any of you can comment, imagine how hard it must be for him. i'm not putting the sympathy card on him as i wouldn't choose him to win but have some bloody empathy.
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 AM #37

Sob stories on TV are awful, so many on BGT, X-factor, AI.. Every year they seem to get more and more depressing. I think sometimes it is geniune, others it's a ploy for the sympathy vote but I think it does some harm because noone deserves to win on sympathy and it ends up turning a lot of people off.
DiamondDogTags is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:03 AM #38

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemonster
i don't think any of you can comment, imagine how hard it must be for him. i'm not putting the sympathy card on him as i wouldn't choose him to win but have some bloody empathy.
He's in there singing and dancing, playing pranks on people, sunbathing and having a laugh. It certainly doesn't look like it's been hard on him.
HalfwitFTW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:10 AM #39

Quote:
Originally posted by HalfwitFTW
Quote:
He's in there singing and dancing, playing pranks on people, sunbathing and having a laugh. It certainly doesn't look like it's been hard on him.
true, its the pity card been shown every Hm has it
arsenalforever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 AM #40
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by HalfwitFTW
Quote:
I'm sorry but this makes me sick. His MUM is in a coma, she's non responsive to her son!! How do you think that makes him feel?

How do you expect him to react? Moping around EVERY day that she's in a coma, constantly reminding himself he can't joke, laugh, smile, have fun... because his mum back home is in a vegetative state.

Whether you like the HM or not (I don't), have some compassion at least, this is the sort of thing that can destroy someones emotions. I'm not saying want him to win, or vote to keep him in, but certainly don't underestimate the effect something like this could have on someone.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:29 AM #41

No amount of money is going to suddenly bring Charlie's Mum out of a coma. He is using the pity card to win the money and the fame for himself. He does NOT need money for her care, the NHS will be doing it for free. Every one of the contestants will have had some sort of personal tragedy in their life to cope with, some maybe even worse than his ... but they choose dignity, honesty and confidentiality over the need for Ł100,000.
Charlie is always saying things like 'I always see the good in people' or 'I've got a heart of gold I have'. How on Earth can anyone be objective when describing themselves?? Most of us wouldn't have the cheek to show off like that.
And let us not forget the bullying of Freddie that he and Kris did, or the splashing of Angel or the tittle tattling and spreading of gossip that he is good at.
Maybe he should also stop and think of all the people that may have actually lost one parent in childhood, or become orphaned.
I don't buy his constant self-praise.
Get him out.
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 AM #42

My mum has died 11 years ago, but if she was in a coma i ouldn't leave her side for more than a day!!! I ould certantly not go into a game that could take up to 3 month!!!
faty32 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:00 AM #43

Quote:

Charlie IS being himslf. He suffers from Attention Deficit Hypeactivity Disorder as a consequence of a Vagus nerve condition .
His apparent 'back-stabbing' that people refer to is a conseqence of his condition whereby in order to process knowledge he needs to share it. If you watch his so called 'back stabbing' anything he says abut people, he tells them about. he needs to share knowledge to achieve a consensus. He needs to estblish a common Weltanschauung (world view) before he can process knowledge himself. He can't operate in a world with secrets or competing perspectives because he doesn't know what to believe.

Isn't that just a very techinal way of saying he's thick?
hotspur95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:08 AM #44

Quote:
Originally posted by hotspur95
Quote:

Old 02-08-2009, 08:09 AM #45

just a way of sayng he is using a wild card he shouldn't
Old 02-08-2009, 08:09 AM #46
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by hotspur95
Quote:

No. It's a technical way of saying he has a disorder.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:11 AM #47
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil
No amount of money is going to suddenly bring Charlie's Mum out of a coma.
What, so you expect people who have ill mothers NOT to go onto a reality TV show? Cos if they did, and the story came out (which it will, because it takes up a large part of your life so invariably you're bound to mention it in the house) - you'd be going for the "pity" card.

No, his mum being in a coma and him being on Big Brother are two independent things. He's never once suggested they're one and the same.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:12 AM #48
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by faty32
My mum has died 11 years ago, but if she was in a coma i ouldn't leave her side for more than a day!!! I ould certantly not go into a game that could take up to 3 month!!!
You're not Charlie. Everyone is different. If you were willing to sit in your house for 2 years beside someone bed-ridden then okay - but obviously he isn't - it doesn't make you more of a person or he less.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 AM #49

A red-top tabloid tells us she is ' a coma'. Why does everyone believe this crap.

People talk about her being 'unresponsive'. This is NOT true and she encouraged him to follow his long held dream of being in the BB House. He loves his mother with all his heart and is immensely proud of her, as is she of him. She will be watching from hospital and they have agreed that it will be good for her to have the opportunity to watch her beloved sun fulfilling his dream.

He comes across as 'too good to be true' with his gentleness and peacemaker role, trying to make everone get on. He is trying to be good to make his mum proud of him, nothing to do with winning MONEY!

Get real you set of heartless cynical ghouls, who would eather watch a "train wreck" in BB than a harmonious house. Thank God Charlie is protected from seeing this crapola whilst he is in the house.
The_Long_Run is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:23 AM #50

If he was that bothered he shoud've stayed at home with her

Did he think out of 22 people he could win by telling them about his mum I don't think so it's a game and they all want the money and some need it more than most
28thapril is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
card, charlie, mum, playing