Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 22-08-2009, 11:23 PM #76
Banned

Banned

I do see his bad points, winding Rod up, playing up to the cameras, trying his utmost to keep his nice guy image intact, etc.

But there's many many good points, showing his compassion, loyalty, likeability, etc. He's not popular in (and also outside) the house for nothing.

He's willing to show compassion, defend people, stick his neck on the line, etc. He makes errors and misreads things, but I don't give a fcuk tbh.

I think he has more character than many in there, despite his faults. And most of these faults ARE ALSO faults of other HMs.

Most of them act quite a bit, play it up, try to play nice and dumb, etc. Except the likes of Lisa who are honest, straight up and reliable.

Hence why she's my fave ... no drama queen in her at all.
AhmedFan2004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 11:30 PM #77

Quote:
Originally posted by zukhov
Hes a new 'hate' figure because the others have been shot down and now he has appeared on the radar. Apart from rows with Rodrigo Charlie has had less airtime than Hira. He got away with it before because there were bigger fish to fry. Also as the end of the show approaches he is becoming increasingly desperate to win and its getting bloody obvious.
Spot on.
alchemists1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 11:37 PM #78

Quote:
Originally posted by AhmedFan2004
I do see his bad points, winding Rod up, playing up to the cameras, trying his utmost to keep his nice guy image intact, etc.

But there's many many good points, showing his compassion, loyalty, likeability, etc. He's not popular in (and also outside) the house for nothing.

He's willing to show compassion, defend people, stick his neck on the line, etc. He makes errors and misreads things, but I don't give a fcuk tbh.
Loyalty and compassion? When ? Apart from when he wants to score 'nice guy' points Charlie stays well out of the line of fire. 'Stick his neck on the line'? when has he ever done anything to rock the boat?
zukhov is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 11:45 PM #79
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zukhov]
Loyalty and compassion? When ? Apart from when he wants to score 'nice guy' points Charlie stays well out of the line of fire. 'Stick his neck on the line'? when has he ever done anything to rock the boat?
He's happy to befriend Bea, Lisa, anyone, despite info suggesting that by association, that isn't a wise move. He stuck with Lisa even though outside info suggested it was eviction suicide.

He was compassionate to Bea and throughout the series to other HMs (Sree, Saffia, Freddie, Noirin), when they were upset, or he felt they were getting harsh treatment. It's not his fault that sly Bea had him fooled at the time. But his heart is in the right place.

And he's been willing to tell Freddie how it is straight to his face. Something that Freddie's never had the balls to do. Running into the DR. Or covering up his blatant scheming/bloc votes as 'observations'.

Like he said himself, he's willing to argue and discredit the actions of others when they're in the wrong, even if outside info suggests that it would be very risky and controversial to do so.

He's earnt my respect, despite his flaws. And I do value compassion.
Old 22-08-2009, 11:59 PM #80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by zukhov]
He's happy to befriend Bea, Lisa, anyone, despite info suggesting that by association, that isn't a wise move. He stuck with Lisa even though outside info suggested it was eviction suicide.

He was compassionate to Bea and throughout the series to other HMs, when they were upset, or he felt they were getting harsh treatment. It's not his fault that sly Bea had him fooled at the time.

And he's been willing to tell Freddie how it is straight to his face. Something that Freddie's never had the balls to do. Running into the DR. Or covering up his blatant scheming/bloc votes as 'observations'.

Like he said himself, he's willing to argue and discredit the actions of others when they're in the wrong, even if outside info suggests that it would be very risky and controversial to do so.

He's earnt my respect, despite his flaws. And I do value compassion.
Do you seriously belive that? Very little evidence to back you up I'm afraid. Its impossible to make a reasonable argument for Charlie, you are really clutching at straws here.

Charlie was given a good chance by BB on Friday HL show to answer his critics in the diary room. He just proved them 100% correct.

Still, beats the usual Charlie supporters whos best argument is 'hes just being himslef'.
Old 23-08-2009, 12:04 AM #81
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

emotional blackmailing, phoney, nasty, aggressive, tedious, arrogant sums it up pretty well I think.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:05 AM #82

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Quote:
Originally posted by Pmccaff2009
Mate...

Everyone DOSENT Dislike him,

Everyone loves him, its litte freaks on here who think Charlies hated...

But like it or not, its just too bad no one has heard of TiBB There for no one cares what you lot think,

Charlie will win because of what the public think!

Dont listen to little idiots on here
yeah little idiots on here.... well that must include you aswell then . charlies just another annoying queer which thinks he's won already
flyny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:08 AM #83
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Do you seriously belive that? Very little evidence to back you up I'm afraid. Its impossible to make a reasonable argument for Charlie, you are really clutching at straws here.

Charlie was given a good chance by BB on Friday HL show to answer his critics in the diary room. He just proved them 100% correct.

Still, beats the usual Charlie supporters whos best argument is 'hes just being himslef'.
Yes. In many instances he showed compassion. To Sree when on the brink of walking, to Saffia when she was upset about leaving, to Freddie regarding his isolation, to Bea when he felt she was upset and getting harsh treatment from Freddie/Marcus, to Noirin when nobody said goodbye to her, etc.

He's got a good heart IMO. Where's the evidence of warmth and compassion from the forum faves? They are just cold and calculated in comparison.

The 3 musketeers theme is a joke. They don't even like eachother.

Marcus: 'Don't associate me with that Siavash in there, I've got nothing to do with him.'
Old 23-08-2009, 12:12 AM #84

Charlie = StoopidOverActingFakerMultiFacedVindictivePettyMin dedSchemingBeatch. Charlie OUT!!!!
Nigeria_Bob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:21 AM #85
Hello

Hello

I agree with AhmedFan, it's juts mass hysteria started on DS. It happens every year and is always over the top either in favour or against a certain housemate. Charlie hasn't changed, people just need someone to hate and can't accept that everyone has faults, and no housemate is simply either good or evil.
flemin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:24 AM #86

Not evil… just craap.
Old 23-08-2009, 12:29 AM #87
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by flemin
I agree with AhmedFan, it's juts mass hysteria started on DS. It happens every year and is always over the top either in favour or against a certain housemate. Charlie hasn't changed, people just need someone to hate and can't accept that everyone has faults, and no housemate is simply either good or evil.
I'm glad you see it too, the nerdy weird trolls on DS started this pathetic hate fest, and it's amazing how they all congregate and act/think alike.

Now it's Charlie's turn to suddenly be the terrible one, just magically, despite being the same ...

It is just a DS bandwagon, copied over to TiBB. One of many silly bandwagons. Funny how the polls and forum faves do so poorly overall.
Old 23-08-2009, 12:31 AM #88

Charlie
Old 23-08-2009, 12:41 AM #89

Quote:
Quote:

Yes. In many instances he showed compassion. To Sree when on the brink of walking, to Saffia when she was upset about leaving, to Freddie regarding his isolation, to Bea when he felt she was upset and getting harsh treatment from Freddie/Marcus, to Noirin when nobody said goodbye to her, etc.

He's got a good heart IMO. Where's the evidence of warmth and compassion from the forum faves? They are just cold and calculated in comparison.

The 3 musketeers theme is a joke. They don't even like eachother.

Marcus: 'Don't associate me with that Siavash in there, I've got nothing to do with him.'

I think you are clutching at straws here. That was Simply Charlie trying to score 'nice guy' points and trying to get some air time on anothers coat tails. Just like he is trying to get air time from Sophie by being her 'comedy' personal trainer. There was a good reason no one said bye to Norin or stuck up for Bea, it would be pretty fake of them to do so. all your exampes are just Charlie being a fake, hence the reason he is disliked.

Whatever the problems with the other HM are, they don't stop Charlie from being two faced. Once again, Charlie totally blew himself out of the water in the diary room on Friday. Its impossible for anyone to support him after that and maintain much credibility. Even if you could find some solid evidence that hes the person he pretends to be.

Charlie himself said that how could he be in the house that long without the mask slipping? Well for me it slipped after about 48hrs in the house. Watching him is literally like somone pulling one face off and putting another on. And it happens at the speed of light.

P.S To Flemin.

Read some of the above posts. This is not instant hate for Charlie, not hate at all really, just dislike. It has started because there are few HM left and Charlie is on the radar now after ducking it for nearly the entire show. He has had very little airtime and there have been bigger fish to fry. Its not some DS forum conspiracy its simple arithmetic, less people = Charlie gets debated.
Old 23-08-2009, 12:46 AM #90

Charlie = Posterchild of broken Britain.
Old 23-08-2009, 12:50 AM #91
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I think you are clutching at straws here. That was Simply Charlie trying to score 'nice guy' points and trying to get some air time on anothers coat tails. Just like he is trying to get air time from Sophie by being her 'comedy' personal trainer. There was a good reason no one said bye to Norin or stuck up for Bea, it would be pretty fake of them to do so. all your exampes are just Charlie being a fake, hence the reason he is disliked.
I can't see this as instances of being fake, it's not like he was ever b*tching about Sree, Bea, Saffia, or Noirin, then running to defend them. And they were never popular HMs either, so it was not an incentive to stick up for them either. He was prepared to tell Freddie the score and expose his wormlike ways, even though he knew that Freddie was popular and very manipulative in engineering scenarios to play the victim.

It doesn't really add up. Something like b*tching about Freddie all the time, then suddenly sticking up for him upon news of his popularity, would be something that indicates duplicity and acting.

Like I said, he sometimes misreads situations, or is unaware because said person is nice to him and not nice to others, but he has a good heart.

But if you think that's fake, that's your call. But then I could accuse anyone of fakeness.
Old 23-08-2009, 12:55 AM #92

He has more faces than the town clock, is a tittle tattle, a thief & plays the sympathy card too often. I don't think he's a bad guy, just not BB10 winner.
BONNEIP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:55 AM #93
0_o

0_o

I don't get why people can't just accept that everyone has different opinions...

It appears that more people dislike charlie, because there are less housemates to talk about...less housemates fighting for airtime...and thats it...simple

You could say anyone is jumping on a bandwagon..for example, a lot of people have changed their opinion on Lisa, following how she has been quite nice recently in comparison to the earlier weeks...does that mean they are jumping on a 'we like lisa' bandwagon? No, it just means they have changed their opinion based on what they have seen.

People go on what they see...simple...again...
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:56 AM #94
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by VickyJ
You could say anyone is jumping on a bandwagon..for example, a lot of people have changed their opinion on Lisa, following how she has been quite nice recently in comparison to the earlier weeks...does that mean they are jumping on a 'we like lisa' bandwagon? No, it just means they have changed their opinion based on what they have seen.

As I type, Charlie is saying on LF how he's a great guy, would make a great dad, do anything for his kids, etc. Hopefully it'll make the HLs, ROFL.
Old 23-08-2009, 12:58 AM #95

And another thing that annoys me about Charlie.

Everyone slates Lisa for surviving by not being nominated. Its all some big plan blah blah...... She has been herself, even when she knew it would make her look bad. Yet she is still liked and respected in the house and the clear evidence for this is that she has never been legitimaly up for eviction.

Charlie on the other hand survives nominations by faking it up big time and general ass licking. And of course the HM all think he will win so never nom him in case they face him.

Charlie, for the most part, has had an easy ride in the house. Now people are crying because he has popped up on the radar and taking flak? This is end game BB, what do you expect?
Old 23-08-2009, 12:59 AM #96
11/11/11

11/11/11

Quote:
Originally posted by CallumJoshuaSturt
Whats Charlie done for everyone to start disliking him?????
what has siavash done for anybody to like him?
MaratSafinForever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:59 AM #97
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Quote:

As I type, Charlie is saying on LF how he's a great guy, would make a great dad, do anything for his kids, etc. Hopefully it'll make the HLs, ROFL.
No doubt it will...anything where charlie is bigging himself up makes the highlight show. One conversation is hardly going to change peoples views though...maybe a few people. If people change what they think based on this conversation, will you accuse them of jumping on a 'we love charlie' bandwagon? Or is this acceptable?

Seems you only say this when it is people who dislike people who you like to be honest. Or people who like someone who you dislike, either way.
Old 23-08-2009, 01:01 AM #98

Quote:

Hopefully!
Old 23-08-2009, 01:03 AM #99
Banned

Banned

Quote:

No doubt it will...anything where charlie is bigging himself up makes the highlight show. One conversation is hardly going to change peoples views though...maybe a few people. If people change what they think based on this conversation, will you accuse them of jumping on a 'we love charlie' bandwagon? Or is this acceptable?

Seems you only say this when it is people who dislike people who you like to be honest. Or people who like someone who you dislike, either way.
I would agree (partly) with the new 'We Love Charlie' conscensus, but not the way in which it arised or what it was based off. If they talked about his compassion and loyalty to various HMs throughout the series, whilst admitting that he does have weakpoints like all the HMs, I'd totally agree with that.
Old 23-08-2009, 01:06 AM #100
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Quote:

I would agree (partly) with the new 'We Love Charlie' conscensus, but not the way in which it arised or what it was based off. If they talked about his compassion and loyalty to various HMs throughout the series, whilst admitting that he does have weakpoints like all the HMs, I'd totally agree with that.
Yet everyone who dislikes charlie...for valid reasons...is jumping on a bandwagon?

I dont understand why you get so worked up...I mean, your constantly saying how the forum doesnt make a difference anyway...so obviously, even if there WAS bandwagon stuff going on, why would it matter?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
charlie