Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 27-08-2009, 12:06 AM #1

Default Why have the ratings been so ****?

If you look back from the beginning of the show with sophia, cairon etc, it's been an excellent show. There have been some ups, downs and some excellent moments in the house.

It's been quite entertaining. But why have the ratings been slashed so badly? Is it not cool to watch BB anymore or is it just outdated and people have just got bored with it?

I really want your opinions, it will be a good read.
Combo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:06 AM #2

People gave up over the whole live feed issue
Brad. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:08 AM #3
Victor to win!

Favourites:
UBB: Victor
Victor to win!

Favourites:
UBB: Victor

Quote:
Originally posted by Combo
If you look back from the beginning of the show with sophia, cairon etc, it's been an excellent show. There have been some ups, downs and some excellent moments in the house.

It's been quite entertaining. But why have the ratings been slashed so badly? Is it not cool to watch BB anymore or is it just outdated and people have just got bored with it?

I really want your opinions, it will be a good read.
It hasn't been as entertaining as previous years. Combined with the live feed axing and possibly even Jade's death.
danda012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:09 AM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Bradley.
Big Brother should give it a good try and bring back the Live Feed for BB11 then decide if they should axe the show or not. I don't think it's outdated and there is still time for BB, there could at least be 5 more good years in it. Make it to 15.
Old 27-08-2009, 12:09 AM #5
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Alot of block votin has occured which makes people fed up with the show (they cant get rid of who they want and all the best therefore have to go).
No good twists didnt boost its excitement.

But, the housemates themselves have made the show half decent, if BB producers got off their arse the show would have been one of the best.
Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:10 AM #6

I think its because this year's housemates are sh*t
LoadOfDross is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:11 AM #7
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

Well...

During CBB6 When Ulrika won, Quite alot of people swore not to watch BB10 because CBB6 Was fixed..

That wasnt a big problem though,

The problem was the No Live Feed..

That just ruined the show, and thats why its axed.
Not because of BB running out of entertaiment the way the Bastards at C4 are trying to say...

Because Cunt4, couldnt be bothered to make a good show anymore!

Im glad its being axed from Those wankers, hopefully another Channel who isnt POOR can buy the show and accually make it good by airing LF and Advertising!
Patrick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:12 AM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Bradley.
yeah, this and the fact is now becoming unfashionable, people are afraid to admit they watch it. I'm just glad I had a GF in 2000 that made me watch it, hooked ever since
Big_Kahuna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:12 AM #9
Hello

Hello

People have just got sick of the show. Viewing figures have been dropping gradually since BB7 and the lack of live feed this year has resulted in no media interest hence BB loosing 40% of its viewers since 2008.
flemin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:13 AM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Pmccaff2009
Well...

During CBB6 When Ulrika won, Quite alot of people swore not to watch BB10 because CBB6 Was fixed..

That wasnt a big problem though,

The problem was the No Live Feed..

That just ruined the show, and thats why its axed.
Not because of BB running out of entertaiment the way the Bastards at C4 are trying to say...

Because Cunt4, couldnt be bothered to make a good show anymore!

Im glad its being axed from Those w*****s, hopefully another Channel who isnt POOR can buy the show and accually make it good by airing LF and Advertising!
Totally agreed and can keep Big Brother the same as it was. I mean with the same rules, format, logo's etc. That would be better. I think the axeing of the Live Feed but a big dent in BB.

I admit to watching BB and quiet a few of my mates watch it. I agree, it was front page news at one points now it's just middle gossip, boring and nothing going on.

Hopefully the can make BB11 next year much better and effective.
Old 27-08-2009, 12:15 AM #11

Quote:
Originally posted by flemin
People have just got sick of the show. Viewing figures have been dropping gradually since BB7 and the lack of live feed this year has resulted in no media interest hence BB loosing 40% of its viewers since 2008.
haha still poking my screen at your avatar
Old 27-08-2009, 12:15 AM #12

No 24/7 LF.... no diary room uncut, crap BBLB & no decent presenter of BBBM.....plus a boring lot of sheep for Hm's.
BONNEIP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:16 AM #13

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

It hasn't been a great series at all and those who started watching have been annoyed by the incredibly poor way BB have handled everything this year.
Apart from two or three great housemates this year everything last year (including the fact we still had livefeed) was so much better.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:17 AM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by BONNEIP
No 24/7 LF.... no diary room uncut, cr*p BBLB & no decent presenter of BBBM.....plus a boring lot of sheep for Hm's.
I agree that george lamb looks ashamed hosting BBLB and if I was in the audience and he spoke to me like the way he speaks to most people I would chin the ****
Old 27-08-2009, 12:18 AM #15
Just Say Yo! To Coke

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
CBB15: Perez Hilton
Just Say Yo! To Coke

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
CBB15: Perez Hilton

The public & media are sick of reality stars.
Colbert-Bump is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:26 AM #16
Hello

Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by JTM45
It hasn't been a great series at all and those who started watching have been annoyed by the incredibly poor way BB have handled everything this year.
Apart from two or three great housemates this year everything last year (including the fact we still had livefeed) was so much better.
I think this year's housemates have been much better than last year's. I agree though that the production side of things has been **** allthough that didn't bother people in BB7 so I don't think that's to blame for the ratings.
flemin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:02 AM #17
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Where to start?

Needs better ideas for tasks, plot twists, better hours for LF, less of the freakshow more real people not fame hungry wannabes. Shorten the length of the series(its not length that counts).

If the housemates want alcohol make them work for it during the day as opposed to the allocation of tokens for easy tasks.

If they want electricity for showers and cooking make them generate some.

If they want extra food when on a basic budget, make them grow it.

Dont pamper them like they do nowadays, make them know they are in a stress filled environment, and make them do some work.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:03 AM #18

The axeing of the live feed has been a big issue but the problem goes deeper than that. The programme has been a thorn in C4's side since the notourious CBB when Shilpa Shetty was bullied and had racial comments made about her by Jade Goody. The Carphone Warehouse immediately dropped their sponsership and C4 had to eat massive humble pie and apologise to all the worldwide critics. The feeling went so deep that Jade's eviction was the only one in the history of the show where they didn't have an audience. Ironically the show made her and then destroyed her. Her subsequent death was just a sad sequel. That stigma has been hanging over the show ever since and BB now crack down immediately if anyone appears to make even the slightest racial comment whereas before it would have just been a Diary Room warning and a slapped wrist. It's been fairly obvious that they haven't put as much effort behind the show as they did in it's heyday. The axeing of the live feed and the scrapping of some of the spin off shows this year has just been a pre-warning of what was to come. Even though it was expected it's still a really sad day for the thousands of fans who love this show and for whom after next year it will be just a fond distant memory. I certainly wouldn't hold out any hope that another broadcaster would take it over, ITV are strapped for cash and I'm a Celebrity and The X Factor are their main priority. C5 dipped it's toe in the reality tv market with Back To Reality and The Farm but dropped them due to low audience ratings. Three other broadcasters have been approached but have all turned it down so it really does look as BB11 is definately the end of the line. I guess we wouldn't be on this forum if we didn't feel passionate about the show and the housemates. Personally I find every single Big Brother different and therefore enjoyable because of that. After each series finishes there's always a feeling of sadness but we have always known that it would be back the following year. After next year we now know it wont be back so enjoy it while you can and if you shed a tear or two next September, dont worry you definately wont be the only one.
mike888 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:04 AM #19

Really think the lack of Livefeed has been the main reason. George Lamb hasn't helped, and BBLB used to be much better without the rubbish involved in this year's programmes. Having two "professional" glamour models didn't help. I found them difficult to distinguish between at the beginning. Strange that so many people walked this year also. Four walking must be a record?!?!
jgfrise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:04 AM #20
Banned

Banned

Well livefeed did encourage people to turn their backs on the show but I really think it has to do with the lazy production team as well, who've failed on so many occasions this year, as Shawsown has already highlighted. The show was always in danger of becoming stale after 10 years on our screens but they could have put a bit more effort and imagination into it.
setanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:07 AM #21
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mike888
The axeing of the live feed has been a big issue but the problem goes deeper than that. The programme has been a thorn in C4's side since the notourious CBB when Shilpa Shetty was bullied and had racial comments made about her by Jade Goody. The Carphone Warehouse immediately dropped their sponsership and C4 had to eat massive humble pie and apologise to all the worldwide critics. The feeling went so deep that Jade's eviction was the only one in the history of the show where they didn't have an audience. Ironically the show made her and then destroyed her. Her subsequent death was just a sad sequel. That stigma has been hanging over the show ever since and BB now crack down immediately if anyone appears to make even the slightest racial comment whereas before it would have just been a Diary Room warning and a slapped wrist. It's been fairly obvious that they haven't put as much effort behind the show as they did in it's heyday. The axeing of the live feed and the scrapping of some of the spin off shows this year has just been a pre-warning of what was to come. Even though it was expected it's still a really sad day for the thousands of fans who love this show and for whom after next year it will be just a fond distant memory. I certainly wouldn't hold out any hope that another broadcaster would take it over, ITV are strapped for cash and I'm a Celebrity and The X Factor are their main priority. C5 dipped it's toe in the reality tv market with Back To Reality and The Farm but dropped them due to low audience ratings. Three other broadcasters have been approached but have all turned it down so it really does look as BB11 is definately the end of the line. I guess we wouldn't be on this forum if we didn't feel passionate about the show and the housemates. Personally I find every single Big Brother different and therefore enjoyable because of that. After each series finishes there's always a feeling of sadness but we have always known that it would be back the following year. After next year we now know it wont be back so enjoy it while you can and if you shed a tear or two next September, dont worry you definately wont be the only one.
I agree that the shadows cast by Shilpa Shetty and Jade Goody over the whole programme have had a huge impact in viewing figures.
setanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:12 AM #22

Jade took pelters for that debarcle when Daniell lloyd and the singer outta s club 7 were just as bad if not worse,& imop a mountain was made out of a molehill.
BONNEIP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:18 AM #23

They rely on the same tried and tested housemates.
The one with political ambition, the Gay Queens, The rich bloke, the glamour model...
It's same ol same ol.
The choice this year is poor though.
merv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:35 AM #24

no live feed,task are wack n yea,also they need to put sree in there
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:47 AM #25

Quote:
Originally posted by BONNEIP
Jade took pelters for that debarcle when Daniell lloyd and the singer outta s club 7 were just as bad if not worse,& imop a mountain was made out of a molehill.
I'm certainly not going to get into a discussion that happened long ago but the whole incident reverberated around the world and rightly so, it was disgraceful and far more than a 'molehill' as you put it. The stigma has been hanging over the show ever since. I thought it might revert back to the tradional Carphone Warehouse sponsorship but they just dont want to know anymore. Surfice it to say that post was my own personal opinion and if you disagree then it's your right to do so.
mike888 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ratings, shit