Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-05-2010, 06:07 PM #76
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Tens of thousands of British women are having multiple abortions, according to shocking new abortion statistics released by the NHS.

The figures, which also reveal that alarming numbers of teenagers are having terminations, are likely to reignite concern that abortion is being treated as a form of contraception.

During 2009 a staggering 195,743 abortions (the murder of an unborn baby) were performed in England and Wales, with a further 13,005 terminations being performed in Scotland.

The official stats reveal that of the abortions carried out on women resident in England and Wales, 63,309 – 34 per cent of the total – were for women who had previously had at least one abortion.

And of the abortions carried out in Scotland, this figure stood at 3,658, accounting for 28 per cent of the total.

Norman Wells, Director of the Family Education Trust, said Britain’s high abortion rates are an “inevitable consequence of a society that has made an idol out of sexual pleasure.”

Norman Wells commented: “It is not ignorance of contraception that leads to alarming rates of teenage abortions.

“The contraceptive culture has made girls feel they have a right to have babies to order and to do away with any that would interfere with their chosen lifestyle.”

Last year’s abortion totals show an overall decline from 2008 when there were 202,158 abortions in England and Wales, and a further 13,817 in Scotland.

http://www.christian.org.uk/news/tho...eat-abortions/
Another post from the christian fundamentalist site that likes to use scare tactics to keep its followers subscribing.

Isnt the Family Education Trust, actually a think tank funded by various Christian Organisations and as such it isnt as independent as it claims in that it always follows the Christian Line?

Quote:
"Do you really want to see women who don't want children going through with their pregnancy, and possibly abandoning/neglecting that child? Or trying the DIY method with a bottle of spirits and a knitting needle?"

Sorry, I dont know where you are getting this view from?
I would suggest you read some articles about Abortions particularly "backstreet" ones prior to the Abortion Act.

Quote:
I would like to see a report detailing why each abortion was requested, that would illustrate a lot
Who are you to demand this, what has it got to do with you anyway. There are rules and regulations governing abortions, go learn.

Quote:
and your evidence that a child would ruin your life is what?

(you wont get many Mums baking you up btw)
I know lots of parents who when asked if they had to live their life over again what changes would they make and the answer is normally although they wouldnt do without them now, they wouldnt have had kids so early in life.

Quote:
I would imagine a very small percentage would be deemed by social work to be unfit parents, maybe 1%?
Care to provide a reference to back that assumption up?

Quote:
who is mentioning religion apart from you though?

maybe you are thinking of being born again - ironically for this thread
You did when you posted a reference from a site called www.christian.org.uk

Quote:
the report could be got from many websites. the host is not part of the story.
Could you provide a reference to prove that assertion?

Quote:
he does not listen to a woman who is still in her nightgown at 15:52
Is that any of your business?

Quote:
The trick is to stop people having sex, stop images of sex pervading music and advertising to the young, reduce the messages that sex is this great thing we should all be doing as soon as we hit secondary school and make people realise that there are huge consequences.

I want to see the stats of all the Mums who bitterly regret having children and put that against all the pregnant women who say that a child would ruin their lives if they did not have an abortion.

I would also like to see geographic maps of abortions, and social class stats to see if there are trends as i suspect there are.
Basically revert to a christian fundamental viewpoint, would you like the theory of evolution not to be taught in school as well?

Quote:
which children do you refer to?

where are the unwanted millions of children. I dont recall ever seeing a mother who did not want their child that has been born, perhaps a few alcoholics or druggies but that would be like 0.001%?

can you identify to me the unwanted children here in the UK today?

your post is based on a myth that hides the truth, it is just contraception.
Obviously you are not a parent then, everyday lots of parents say I wish I never had kids. Especially when said kids are playing up.

Many women are torn between having an abortion and having a child, if they decide to have the child there grows a bond between the mother and child, as the child develops inside the woman, after the birth there is further bonding, that doesnt mean to say at the start of the pregnancy the mother loved the idea of being pregnant.

Of course there are children who were unwanted at the time of conception.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 06:08 PM #77
Banned

Banned

Quote:
give me the numbers then to refute it
Where's the numbers to prove your '0.001%' claim first? It's common sense that there are kids put up for adoption considering the number of Children's homes and the budget that goes into sustaining this part of social care. To say that hardly any kids are put up for adoption is incredibly silly to put it nicely.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 06:11 PM #78
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
give me the numbers then to refute it
60900 children in care for fostering and adoption march 2009.

http://www.baaf.org.uk/info/stats/index.shtml

But then again you wont believe the figures will you, because they arent for the christian org?

Last edited by Shasown; 28-05-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 28-05-2010, 06:18 PM #79
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
60900 children in care for fostering and adoption march 2009.

http://www.baaf.org.uk/info/stats/index.shtml

But then again you wont believe the figures will you, because they arent for the christian org?
is that because their mothers dont want them?

pray tell?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 06:20 PM #80
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Another post from the christian fundamentalist site that likes to use scare tactics to keep its followers subscribing.

Isnt the Family Education Trust, actually a think tank funded by various Christian Organisations and as such it isnt as independent as it claims in that it always follows the Christian Line?

I would suggest you read some articles about Abortions particularly "backstreet" ones prior to the Abortion Act.

Who are you to demand this, what has it got to do with you anyway. There are rules and regulations governing abortions, go learn.

I know lots of parents who when asked if they had to live their life over again what changes would they make and the answer is normally although they wouldnt do without them now, they wouldnt have had kids so early in life.

Care to provide a reference to back that assumption up?

You did when you posted a reference from a site called www.christian.org.uk

Could you provide a reference to prove that assertion?

Is that any of your business?

Basically revert to a christian fundamental viewpoint, would you like the theory of evolution not to be taught in school as well?

Obviously you are not a parent then, everyday lots of parents say I wish I never had kids. Especially when said kids are playing up.

Many women are torn between having an abortion and having a child, if they decide to have the child there grows a bond between the mother and child, as the child develops inside the woman, after the birth there is further bonding, that doesnt mean to say at the start of the pregnancy the mother loved the idea of being pregnant.

Of course there are children who were unwanted at the time of conception.
everyday lots of parents say I wish I never had kids. Especially when said kids are playing up.

o

m

g
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 06:24 PM #81
User banned

User banned

Quote:

pray tell?
You brought up the subject - so you go get the stats!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 06:25 PM #82
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:

pray tell?
Why dont you have a look at the site I showed you and then you would see for yourself.

Or then again because its not christian propaganda you wont will you?
Old 28-05-2010, 06:25 PM #83
Banned

Banned

Quote:

pray tell?
Well Social Services aren't hiring ninjas to kidnap them aren't they?
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 06:27 PM #84
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
everyday lots of parents say I wish I never had kids. Especially when said kids are playing up.

o

m

g
Thats right typical LT evasion tactic pick a point that I make and emphasise it.

Cant you back your own arguments up, with unbiased information as opposed to the uninformed or even twisted propaganda of the god squad.

Last edited by Shasown; 28-05-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 28-05-2010, 09:54 PM #85

I would hate to see us backwards with regards to abortion laws. It is as I said previously all about choice, even if people do have multiple abortions (which I dont really think is right) it is still their choice to do so. If they were forced to have these babies they would indeed be the unwanted children of our society.

I can say with all honesty that simply being a woman does not qualify you as being able to be a 'mother' yes lots of women hang on to their children but it doesnt mean they want them! I think to say that a woman instantly wants her child once it is born is very niaive! once the child is in their arms! there are still a lot of women out there who choose not to terminate but choose not to mother and place their children with adoptive parents by choice!

When it comes to a woman's body it is her choice what she does with it, her choice whether to continue with a pregnancy or not and I dont believe women should be denied that right.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abortions, british, repeat, thousands, women