Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:02 AM #1

Default josies g.c.s.e lie

she admitted last night that she lied on her cv that she never had 'any so made up 6 and trew a nvq in as well. to brag about this shows she doesn't have any morals and is a cheat and liar
Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 AM #2
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poejoe View Post
she admitted last night that she lied on her cv that she never had 'any so made up 6 and trew a nvq in as well. to brag about this shows she doesn't have any morals and is a cheat and liar
Speaks volumes about her character! She has lied a lot on the show as well, we know that! She definitely can't be trusted!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 AM #3

I lied on mine, said i had my maths gcse - got into Uni and got a 1st .. hardly the crime of the century is it?!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 AM #4

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Quote:
sorry poejoe - I don't understand what this is about.
rosebay11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:18 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummymaz View Post
I lied on mine, said i had my maths gcse - got into Uni and got a 1st .. hardly the crime of the century is it?!
people work hard for qualifications so don't think its fair people getting jobs and uni places through lying. and if your clever enough to get a 1st why didn't you just sit your maths gcse
Old 05-08-2010, 09:19 AM #6

A woman recently got a prison sentence for lying on her cv!! That is WAY too harsh but it shows how seriously they're taking the matter now.
Talulabelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:43 AM #7
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talulabelle View Post
A woman recently got a prison sentence for lying on her cv!! That is WAY too harsh but it shows how seriously they're taking the matter now.
It is fraud! The company employing someone are paying them to do a job - and if they are not qualified to do that job properly, when they claimed they were, then it costs the employer money - potential loss of business, having to re-hire someone else etc.

Same with a university - certain qualifications are required to prove a person's ability to undertake a particular course - if they fake them - and fail the course - they waste everyone's time and money and prevent someone who could of completed the course from getting a place!

Last edited by WOMBAI; 05-08-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:44 AM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

lmao, no body here has ever lied on their CV???

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 AM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well since she has limited options for photoshoots (be honest, can you see her duvet clad form in the Nuts centrefold?) she's shot herself in the foot with prospective employers, particularly now that lying on your CV about your qualifications has been made an offence.

In any case I would never believe in a million years she had any qualifications since she has no conversation, only banter, and shows her ignorance every time she opens her thumb-filled gob.

5 Kings: 1 throne

Last edited by Angus; 05-08-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummymaz View Post
Actually it is now deemed an offence to lie about your qualifications to an employer.It can mean instant dismissal, which probably explains why she can't hold down a job on the outside. It wouldn't take long for an employer to realise that she is in fact as thick as sh*t.

Maybe Unis aren't that fussed considering the dumbing down of the degrees these days. The GCSEs and A Levels are also of a laughable standard compared to 30 odd years ago.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM #11
Hot Mess

Hot Mess

I think it's alright, everyone makes mistake, what narks me is Josie in her C4 BB profile claims to hate liars & cheats, she's pretending to be a paradigm of morality and fairness.

DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit...Be cheerful.

http://twitter.com/GrrrlFromMars
fizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:08 AM #12
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
I think it's alright, everyone makes mistake, what narks me is Josie in her C4 BB profile claims to hate liars & cheats, she's pretending to be a paradigm of morality and fairness.
She also said on last night's show that she hates rude and arrogant people - incredible - when she has clearly shown herself to be not only rude and arrogant, but a liar and a cheat! Woman has simply exposed herself for the fraud that she is!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 AM #13
My version of reality..TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
Well since she has limited options for photoshoots (be honest, can you see her duvet clad form in the Nuts centrefold?) she's shot herself in the foot with prospective employers, particularly now that lying on your CV about your qualifications has been made an offence.

In any case I would never believe in a million years she had any qualifications since she has no conversation, only banter, and shows her ignorance every time she opens her thumb-filled gob.
It's all cool. I remember a conversation in the nest a few weeks ago about all the photo-shoots and media jobs etc. once they get out and Josie turning around and telling the guys (and not at all for the benefit of the cameras) that she fancied going to work in an old folks home a few days a week after she gets out because the work they do is so hard. I'm sure they won't be too bothered about her fake quallies.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:11 AM #14

I lied loads on my CV.

All Time Favourite Housemates

1. Pete
2. Shabby
3. Rex
4. Sov
5. Nasty Nick

10 Years - Never Forget

One Note Melody
yousoboo! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:13 AM #15

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

She probably said she was interesting on it as well!
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:15 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
It's all cool. I remember a conversation in the nest a few weeks ago about all the photo-shoots and media jobs etc. once they get out and Josie turning around and telling the guys (and not at all for the benefit of the cameras) that she fancied going to work in an old folks home a few days a week after she gets out because the work they do is so hard. I'm sure they won't be too bothered about her fake quallies.
Well I hate to rain on your parade, but she needs to pass a Criminal Records Bureau check to look after vulnerable old people which she would fail because of her past indiscretions (cough), and I guarantee someone as lazy and slothful as her would not be allowed anywhere near them.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:16 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMBAI View Post
It is fraud! The company employing someone are paying them to do a job - and if they are not qualified to do that job properly, when they claimed they were, then it costs the employer money - potential loss of business, having to re-hire someone else etc.

Same with a university - certain qualifications are required to prove a person's ability to undertake a particular course - if they fake them - and fail the course - they waste everyone's time and prevent someone who could of completed the course from getting a place!
I think you've misunderstood. I was trying to point out to the others who were being a bit blasé about the whole thing how seriously its taken now. I agree that its totally the wrong thing to do, I just think a prison sentence is far too harsh especially as the woman in question had never been in trouble before. Until about a year ago I worked in crown court and have seen people (men, needless to say) who are back to court for their fourth violent offence in the space of a few years and they STILL havent received a custodial sentence. Thats only one example of hundreds I could give.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:18 AM #18

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Kerry
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Kerry
BB11: Josie

Quote:
Well I hate to rain on your parade, but she needs to pass a Criminal Records Bureau check to look after vulnerable old people which she would fail because of her past indiscretions (cough), and I guarantee someone as lazy and slothful as her would not be allowed anywhere near them.
they have one before they are accepted into bb.
charmingmissc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:22 AM #19
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talulabelle View Post
I think you've misunderstood. I was trying to point out to the others who were being a bit blasé about the whole thing how seriously its taken now. I agree that its totally the wrong thing to do, I just think a prison sentence is far too harsh especially as the woman in question had never been in trouble before. Until about a year ago I worked in crown court and have seen people (men, needless to say) who are back to court for their fourth violent offence in the space of a few years and they STILL havent received a custodial sentence. Thats only one example of hundreds I could give.
Oh I agree with your point that in comparison to other crimes ie violence it is relatively minor - but more serious than some of the kids on here understand - some see it as a joke - when it clearly isn't.

Unfortunately - the system has always had double-standards when it comes to women committing crimes - many women are/have been in prison for not paying their tv licence or resulting fines - whereas men who commit violent crimes, sexual crimes, make threats of violence and intimidation, muggers etc get away with a lot more. The whole system is sexist and should be reviewed.

Last edited by WOMBAI; 05-08-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:22 AM #20
Hot Mess

Hot Mess

Quote:
She also said on last night's show that she hates rude and arrogant people - incredible - when she has clearly shown herself to be not only rude and arrogant, but a liar and a cheat! Woman has simply exposed herself for the fraud that she is!
I feel sorry for her though, given her life story

DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit...Be cheerful.

http://twitter.com/GrrrlFromMars
fizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:26 AM #21
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I don't - we all have life stories that are far from perfect but don't behave the way she does.

Then there is Steve - whose life was completely turned upside down from a very young age - making his choices in life very limited - but look how some talk about him! He deserves more sympathy than her - and has dealt with adversity in a much more admirable way!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:30 AM #22

Quote:
we can empathise, but that doesn't mean she should lie and / or cheat her way to a job

sunshine and JJ1 and steve all have reasons we could feel sorry for ... so do I, in fact, but I don't and won't tell lies on my cv
wilful_woodpecker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 AM #23

Quote:
Has she got form like?

edit : Oh and I was just quoting her for being a tit and saying it. I wasn't even suggesting that she would do it for real.

Last edited by Shiner; 05-08-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Shiner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 AM #24

Quote:
Oh I agree with your point that in comparison to other crimes ie violence it is relatively minor - but more serious than some of the kids on here understand -some see it as a joke - when it clearly isn't.

Unfortunately - the system has always had double-standards when it comes to women committing crimes - many women are/have been in prison for not paying their tv licence or resulting fines - whereas men who commit violent crimes, sexual crimes, make threats of violence and intimidation, muggers etc get away with a lot more. The whole system is sexist and should be reviewed.
Absolutely, without wanting to make this off topic, the situation is made much worse by the overcrowding in men's prisons, probation staff doing pre-sentence reports are also encouraged to recommend community sentences in most cases. It makes it so much more difficult for men to be given the sentence they genuinely deserve.

Anyway, back to the fat-fingered, lying, hypocrital heffer! lol
Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful_woodpecker View Post
we can empathise, but that doesn't mean she should lie and / or cheat her way to a job

sunshine and JJ1 and steve all have reasons we could feel sorry for ... so do I, in fact, but I don't and won't tell lies on my cv
millions of people cheat and lie in the workplace everyday. doesn't mean they are evil people. get real ffs.

All Time Favourite Housemates

1. Pete
2. Shabby
3. Rex
4. Sov
5. Nasty Nick

10 Years - Never Forget

One Note Melody
yousoboo! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gcse, josies, lie