Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:34 PM #51
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Let's be honest...I doubt anyone was expecting him to be out of the Bottom Three tonight. Who on earth is voting for him enough?

I didn't expect him to be in the bottom 3 at all. I wasn't at all surprised at the bottom 3 and the only thing that was wrong was that Katie didn't go. Nicolo absolutely deserved it. FYD less so. He won't get to the final though. That will most likely be Matt, Rebecca and Aiden or Treyc.

CBB19: Kim Woodburn | Nicola McLean | Jessica Cunningham | Speidi
Joelle. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:35 PM #52
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):

took the words out of my mouth

Whilst I admit the song choice on Saturday was pretty awful, and the performance wasn't great - there is no denying that her performance in the sing-off was far, far better than FYD's. How anyone could dispute that is just beyond me. Because that song did show off her vocal talent. That is a fact. She can sing.
----------------------------------

umm you supported LLoyd over Rachel Adedji in the sing off did you not!
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 PM #53
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

oh dear lord

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM #54
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post

Whilst I admit the song choice on Saturday was pretty awful, and the performance wasn't great - there is no denying that her performance in the sing-off was far, far better than FYD's. How anyone could dispute that is just beyond me. Because that song did show off her vocal talent. That is a fact. She can sing.

I could dispute that. Katie Weasel cannot sing. That is a fact. She murdered We Are The Champions and whatever she sang in the final showdown.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:42 PM #55
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

i agree Katie cant sing lol

i never wanted her through lol!

i dislike her the most!

Yes Gamu is involved, she stole gamus place. She proved to me on Saturday that she did steal gamus place.. as she is awful at singing and ANNOYING and wears stupid outfits
Old 11-10-2010, 06:43 PM #56
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Jack_

leona > Katie

she was not necesarrily interesting. BUT im sure she would sell out more than Katie Weasel.Its not all about personlity..

Leonas the most sucessfull and popular x factor contestant does that mean she has the best personality and is the most interesting.. no

John Adeyleyne > Katie
Wow. Hold. The. Phone. You finally admit it...

I'm not saying it's always the case - because there's always an exception to the rule, the exception here being that Leona has outstanding vocal talent. I very much doubt the people buying tickets to her tour are expecting her to be riding on elephants and swinging from ropes whilst wearing a gorilla costume. On the other hand I very much doubt anyone paying for tickets to Jedward's tour [or gig...not sure whether they've had a real tour yet] are paying to see their oustanding vocal talent - because it doesn't exist. They're paying to see a show, to be entertained. That's where you would expect to see the above. It's the same for Katie except not as extreme [more related to her outfits and 'look' and how quirky she would be. Think Gaga, really], and she also has a nice voice [not oustanding], but nice...and certainly not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan_Sheet View Post
I didn't expect him to be in the bottom 3 at all. I wasn't at all surprised at the bottom 3 and the only thing that was wrong was that Katie didn't go. Nicolo absolutely deserved it. FYD less so. He won't get to the final though. That will most likely be Matt, Rebecca and Aiden or Treyc.
How on earth did FYD deserve to stay over Katie when not only did they perform worse in the sing-off but are also pretty dull, not interesting, their dancing is better than their singing, have nothing more to give, etc etc?

Quote:

Can't remember - it was a year ago. And I couldn't stand Rachel anyway, she was also dull [before someone says Lloyd was, yes, I know, but hey, at least he had the look...Rachel didn't have that].
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:43 PM #57
User banned

User banned

deary me
Stephanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:44 PM #58
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
whatever she sang in the final showdown.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 PM #59
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

i never admitted leona is boring or dull

i was saying it for the case of what you think or others. sorry should of made that clear ;/

In my opinion she is the most interesting celebrity ever with the best personality and i so fun!!

Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 11-10-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 PM #60
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What is that supposed to mean? At least write what you want to say instead of using emoticons to speak for you.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 PM #61
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
In my opinion she is the most interesting celebrity ever with the best personality and i so fun!!
You are joking there, right? Please?

Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM #62
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

god i hated rachel adedji too

but you cant deny she was a great singer, whilst lloyd was not the best..
and she had vocals which he did not

(i wanted lloyd to stay too, as she had been in the bottom 2 twice before, but its just what you said was hypocritical..)
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM #63
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You are joking there, right? Please?

nope she makes me laugh in interviews and on the radio etc. Espeacilly about her rabbit Earney!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM #64
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What is that supposed to mean? At least write what you want to say instead of using emoticons to speak for you.
I've done that already in this thread...look back at my posts. It's obvious she can sing and she sung well in the sing-off. How anyone dispute that [unless of course they're purposefully being difficult] is beyond me. She was better than FYD and can sing. She's no Mariah Carey but she has got a nice voice and can sing.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 PM #65
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I've done that already in this thread...look back at my posts. It's obvious she can sing and she sung well in the sing-off. How anyone dispute that [unless of course they're purposefully being difficult] is beyond me. She was better than FYD and can sing. She's no Mariah Carey but she has got a nice voice and can sing.
it's not obvious that she can sing, and i really don't think she did well in the sing-off. all she did was repeat the same lines over and over and sounded pretty bad.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:54 PM #66
Z

Z

Quote:
I'm not saying she's 'appealing to the public', but the fact that she undeservedly received the brunt of the backlash following the fury over Cheryl's choices doesn't help matters, really. As I said...people just aren't willing to give her a chance. Threads and posts on this forum and other forums, and on Newspaper website comments sections before the Live Shows even started would tell you that. Throughout the last week I don't think I have seen a single comment anywhere from a Katie 'hater' that has said 'I'm willing to give her a chance...', instead it's just been endless comments of 'UGH hope she's out first week. I won't be voting. Stole Gamu's place' and more whining.

Whilst I admit the song choice on Saturday was pretty awful, and the performance wasn't great - there is no denying that her performance in the sing-off was far, far better than FYD's. How anyone could dispute that is just beyond me. Because that song did show off her vocal talent. That is a fact. She can sing. Hopefully she now won't be lumbered with such awful song choices, courtesy of Cheryl [because as far as I'm aware, the judge's chose the songs, don't they?], and is given the opportunity to show off her vocal talent [which we have already seen...it just seems some people are oblivious to it or are purposefully putting it over their heads]. And that 'opportunity' includes people still endlessly moaning about the Gamu incident. After her performance in the sing-off only, if you ask me, she deserves a chance. I don't expect her to do very well either, despite everything I've just said...because the majority of people will not give her a chance, as a result of the Gamu incident.

I very much doubt Dannii and Louis kept Katie for 'controversy' either, because as I've said, she was the better act in the sing-off.

And whilst John was admittedly good, I don't think he gave a 'flawless vocal' at all. His performances just aren't very memorable, really. I very much doubt the topic of conversation regarding X Factor across the country on Sunday and today was or will be 'wow, did you see that amazing performance John gave!'. Of course he'll have his fans, and I'm not saying that Katie will be a main topic of conversation either, because her performance on Saturday was average, but I think it's a lot more likely that she'll have been talked about than John, even if it was for what she was wearing, her so-called 'annoying' personality or her appearance in the Bottom Three on Sunday, and then her much, much better performance. As I've said before, she is a marmite character - John isn't. Marmite characters are people that divide opinion, and to divide opinion you've got to somehow draw attention to yourself...i.e be interesting/entertaining etc. If someone sparks a lot of discussion [Katie], then they are obviously interesting/intriguing/entertaining.

You could argue that Lady Gaga is the same...but we all now how popular she is. She is weird, quirky and different - and I really, really don't think it's her music that makes her so popular, really. It's her sense of style and how out-going she is. Of course no one's going to buy her music if it's awful, but I don't think there's any denying that a lot of the attraction towards her and the attention she receives is a direct result of the 'odd' personality she has.

The majority of people's problems with Cheryl's choices were not with Cher, they were with Katie. They thought Gamu should've replaced Katie.

Cheryl received all of the backlash, actually; Katie is not liked because Katie is not likable. People were angry because Cheryl put through two girls who didn't even manage to sing in front of her without messing up. The backlash was all aimed at her. Even if it was the case that Katie was receiving backlash for something she was not responsible for - the X Factor is a positive vote, not a negative one - plenty of untalented people receive large amounts of votes (see Jedward, Chico Slimani et cetera et cetera) in spite of critics saying they don't deserve to be there. How do you explain Wagner going through? You're going to have to accept it, Jack, she didn't get the votes because of her own failings, there is nobody to blame here other than Katie. Nobody is going to state "I'm willing to give her a chance" when she's done nothing to merit that response. People were saying the same things about Cher and she came out and performed well; shutting plenty of people up - Katie didn't, and so Katie was in the bottom three.

Her sing-off performance was much better than the Saturday night song, but if anything it just showed how weak her voice is to me. She's a capable singer within the boundaries of what she can sing; but she's not got an extensive range or pitch, she'd do well with jazzy little numbers but instead she's attempting to sing the likes of Queen; aiming way higher than she can reach. Her voice is quite nice, but nothing special and We Are The Champions underlined that point rather effectively. I can't believe you're still pushing this 'it's Gamu's fault Katie isn't doing well' argument. The X Factor is a positive voting competition. Katie failed to impress vocally amongst 16 acts; that is why she fell into the bottom three. Are you under the impression that everyone who joined the Facebook group in support of Gamu purposely spent their Saturday/Sunday voting for all of the fifteen acts other than Katie to ensure she'd be in the bottom three? Because that's the vibe I'm getting from you, you're genuinely unable to see the reality of the situation.

F.Y.D performed to the best of their abilities too - they can sing and dance, which is what Simon seems to be pushing all the acts into doing this year going by Bootcamp, they were good in their own way. The judges are very shrewd; they'd rather keep Katie than F.Y.D because she's a far more controversial figure than they are; but please note I'm not discrediting Katie's sing-off performance, it was good, but not outstanding, and neither was F.Y.D's.

Thanks for the explanation of what a marmite character is. You don't need to be an attention seeker to successfully sell lots of records, though. Talent will always be more acclaimed than gimmicks. Lady GaGa was not as eccentric as she now is when she first started. People liked the song they heard when she first came onto the scene; the image came later. She's got a knack for producing catchy beats and lyrics; the style was the catalyst for the level of fame she is now at.

You are wrong in saying that "The majority of people's problems with Cheryl's choices were not with Cher, they were with Katie. They thought Gamu should've replaced Katie." The majority of people's problems were with Cheryl choosing both of them as they failed to deliver at her house. From where did you pull the statistic that people were actually just meaning Katie when they bitched about Cheryl's decision? People were arguing that any of the other girls should have gotten through over the two of them because they'd managed to successfully audition at the final hurdle.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:54 PM #67
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):

Quote:
How on earth did FYD deserve to stay over Katie when not only did they perform worse in the sing-off but are also pretty dull, not interesting, their dancing is better than their singing, have nothing more to give, etc etc?
Katie Weasel cannot sing. Fact. I wouldn't say FYD are brilliant myself but anyone deserved to stay over Katie, even Wagner. You're always going on about how much you like the entertaining ones but how was Katie even remotely entertaining.

1) She can't sing for ****.
2) The Gaga-esque props could not cover up what was a very dire performance.
3) She has no stage presence at all due to her extremely weak voice.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 PM #68
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
it's not obvious that she can sing, and i really don't think she did well in the sing-off. all she did was repeat the same lines over and over and sounded pretty bad.
Not really her fault...that's the song. It's the voice that counts, not the song.

Anyway, forgetting about her sing-off performance, this was another good performance from her:

...how can anyone still say she can't sing? It's obvious that she can. No Mariah obviously, but neither is Diana Vickers...she can still sing.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:06 PM #69
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Not really her fault...that's the song. It's the voice that counts, not the song.

Anyway, forgetting about her sing-off performance, this was another good performance from her:

...how can anyone still say she can't sing? It's obvious that she can. No Mariah obviously, but neither is Diana Vickers...she can still sing.
she can't. either can diana vickers.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:11 PM #70
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Diana Vickers can sing. Katie Weasel can't. There is no comparison between them lol. And never mind another good perfomance from her, it was the only other performance she has actually finished and even that was poor.

Last edited by Joelle.; 11-10-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 PM #71
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Cheryl received all of the backlash, actually; Katie is not liked because Katie is not likable. People were angry because Cheryl put through two girls who didn't even manage to sing in front of her without messing up. The backlash was all aimed at her. Even if it was the case that Katie was receiving backlash for something she was not responsible for - the X Factor is a positive vote, not a negative one - plenty of untalented people receive large amounts of votes (see Jedward, Chico Slimani et cetera et cetera) in spite of critics saying they don't deserve to be there. How do you explain Wagner going through? You're going to have to accept it, Jack, she didn't get the votes because of her own failings, there is nobody to blame here other than Katie. Nobody is going to state "I'm willing to give her a chance" when she's done nothing to merit that response. People were saying the same things about Cher and she came out and performed well; shutting plenty of people up - Katie didn't, and so Katie was in the bottom three.

Her sing-off performance was much better than the Saturday night song, but if anything it just showed how weak her voice is to me. She's a capable singer within the boundaries of what she can sing; but she's not got an extensive range or pitch, she'd do well with jazzy little numbers but instead she's attempting to sing the likes of Queen; aiming way higher than she can reach. Her voice is quite nice, but nothing special and We Are The Champions underlined that point rather effectively. I can't believe you're still pushing this 'it's Gamu's fault Katie isn't doing well' argument. The X Factor is a positive voting competition. Katie failed to impress vocally amongst 16 acts; that is why she fell into the bottom three. Are you under the impression that everyone who joined the Facebook group in support of Gamu purposely spent their Saturday/Sunday voting for all of the fifteen acts other than Katie to ensure she'd be in the bottom three? Because that's the vibe I'm getting from you, you're genuinely unable to see the reality of the situation.

F.Y.D performed to the best of their abilities too - they can sing and dance, which is what Simon seems to be pushing all the acts into doing this year going by Bootcamp, they were good in their own way. The judges are very shrewd; they'd rather keep Katie than F.Y.D because she's a far more controversial figure than they are; but please note I'm not discrediting Katie's sing-off performance, it was good, but not outstanding, and neither was F.Y.D's.

Thanks for the explanation of what a marmite character is. You don't need to be an attention seeker to successfully sell lots of records, though. Talent will always be more acclaimed than gimmicks. Lady GaGa was not as eccentric as she now is when she first started. People liked the song they heard when she first came onto the scene; the image came later. She's got a knack for producing catchy beats and lyrics; the style was the catalyst for the level of fame she is now at.

You are wrong in saying that "The majority of people's problems witd h Cheryl's choices were not with Cher, they were with Katie. They thought Gamu should've replaced Katie." The majority of people's problems were with Cheryl choosing both of them as they failed to deliver at her house. From where did you pull the statistic that people were actually just meaning Katie when they bitched about Cheryl's decision? People were arguing that any of the other girls should have gotten through over the two of them because they'managed to successfully audition at the final hurdle.
Cheryl might've received a lot of it but Katie received a fair bit of it, so did Cher - but Katie moreso. When Cher has arguably been one of the most talked about/popular contestants this series, compared to Katie, I think it's very unlikely that she received an equal amount of 'hate' as Katie as a result of going through.

Jedward, Wagner, Chico were all novelty acts - and were/are all, admittedly, more entertaining than Katie. That's why they received the vote. I'm not saying people sat around purposely voting for all other fifteen contestants over the weekend - but refusing to give Katie a chance all week was what I was getting at. I admit her performance was pretty awful, and of course that's not going to help these 'haters' vote for her and change their opinions of her, but after her sing-off performance I believe she should now be given a chance - because she has proved that she can sing. No Mariah Carey, I know, but as I've said, neither was Diana Vickers...but people still liked/like her. It's the tone that counts, not vocal olympics. Her performance on the Saturday of the third week will be what counts [should she get through this week, which I think is unlikely, personally], as then people will [hopefully] be judging a performance and not the fact that she was in the Bottom Two/Three the previous week. Hypothetically, if she pulled off an awful or average performance in that week - then I would quite happily stand back and admit that fair enough, people aren't voting because she isn't good enough. You have my word. But right now I can't see that - all I see is Gamugate and the possiblity of a reprieve next week because she was in the Bottom Three.

Neither performances were outstanding, no, but Katie's was superior to FYD's. I can't see how you could dispute that...

Regarding the Gaga thing, that might be true - but this certainly looks eccentric to me:

Quote:
Katie Weasel cannot sing. Fact. I wouldn't say FYD are brilliant myself but anyone deserved to stay over Katie, even Wagner. You're always going on about how much you like the entertaining ones but how was Katie even remotely entertaining.

1) She can't sing for ****.
2) The Gaga-esque props could not cover up what was a very dire performance.
3) She has no stage presence at all due to her extremely weak voice.
Rebecca has no stage presence [yet] whatsoever...so I don't see your point?

Oh, and she can sing. See the performances I've mentioned/posted.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:21 PM #72
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
she can't. either can diana vickers.
Of course Diana can sing...why else would people be buying her music? It's not like she's a novelty act...

As I said, it's the tone that counts, not having the ability to perform vocal olympics like Mariah Carey.

Quote:
Diana Vickers can sing. Katie Weasel can't. There is no comparison between them lol. And never mind another good perfomance from her, it was the only other performance she has actually finished and even that was poor.
I don't think this is really going anywhere, to be honest - she can sing, but you [for whatever reason] seem to think she can't. We may as well agree to disagree.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 PM #73
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Rebecca has no stage presence [yet] whatsoever...so I don't see your point?

Oh, and she can sing. See the performances I've mentioned/posted.
At what point did I even mention Rebecca? Just because she is my favourite act are you going to slate her now?

Rebecca doesn't have much stage presence yet but at least she has a fantastic voice.

Katie has neither stage presence or a decent voice.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 PM #74
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
didnt read just saw this

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:30 PM #75
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
At what point did I even mention Rebecca? Just because she is my favourite act are you going to slate her now?

Rebecca doesn't have much stage presence yet but at least she has a fantastic voice.

Katie has neither stage presence or a decent voice.
I just thought I'd bring it up seeing as you were slating one of my favourites by saying they don't have stage presence. It works both ways. I accept Katie doesn't have it [yet], but neither does Rebecca. So I don't understand your point? None of them really do [apart from the obvious ones like Storm and Diva Fever], it's the first week.

Katie does have a decent voice - but as I've already said, we may as well agree to disagree. This is going nowhere.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abraham, andy, john