Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-10-2010, 03:25 PM #1
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Default Stephen Fry shocks feminists by claiming women don't really like sex

It seems Stephen Fry's longtime involvement with Twitter is turning him into an IRL troll.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...ships-attitude
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 03:37 PM #2
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

lol... obviously we just don't like sex with him
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 03:48 PM #3
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

I know Stephen Fry has discovered the joys of annoying people in recent times, but even this seems unlike him.

I don't see it myself. Sometimes the reverse can be true. If Fry had been in the closet, he would probably have had to feign interest in whoever he would end up marrying. That's how keeping up a pretence works. I figured he might know a thing or two about this, but apparently not.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?

Old 31-10-2010, 03:56 PM #4

Its a Joke.

He has been taken out of context.

Women Love Hot Sex.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 06:25 PM #5
User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

I love Stephen Fry but he's really in no position to speak for straight men or women. I know many females who absolutely love sex.

As for his point about cruising; has he not heard of dogging? Then theres internet hook up sites for cheap sex that are full of slags looking for lots of anon sex.

Really, Stephen, you should get out more. And update your thinking.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 AM #6

He has confirmed this morning
it was a Joke.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Eye View Post
It seems Stephen Fry's longtime involvement with Twitter is turning him into an IRL troll.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...ships-attitude
And seriously this really does give an insight into where homosexuality can be coming from.
I have no doubt that he had a terrible and awkward and unsuccessful time trying to please a woman (and assume she was English and x that 100),
and/or
more than that itself is what kind of:
-expectations (maybe even instilled by a sudden media-hyped sex culture of his youth (60s, 70s)
- what he, in his own mind, believed about himself (confidence, esteem etc) and maybe what he 'projected' into the women.

Even though I do think there are different 'programs' for male and female sexuality (men may be more the constant where women more a cycle) I would actually agree with a feminist for once:
- Women really CAN have sex anytime they want,
and,
- Oh yes they do. Plenty. Initiated and done often.

Anyways, a lot of this is only shocking to those who have never really hung about with gay crowds (no jokes here.. i mean plain non-sexual socializing) because realistically you hear the most outrageous, vicious, vile, spiteful contempt about women among many a gay.

I can never forget a time when I was (at least to some degree) 'accepted' in a gay circle.
(once again, resist the obvious jokes and no I did not 'go gay'),
but,
in this one case there was 2 women, myself and then a majority of gays. The women eventually left.
Holy EFF - I heard about 1 hour straight of the most horrifying 'anti-women' jokes (if you can call them jokes?) that honestly in my entire life I would never even imagined!
I mean I almost wanted to vomit and I thought I'd heard all the crude jokes! Until then.
but it did quickly degenerate into the most thinly veiled sheer hatred. I mean almost 'scary contempt' for females.

Anyways... thats a long story just to say we ought not be too surprised and interestingly this may say more about him than anything else.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:01 AM #8
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Apparently his quote was taken out of context
Old 01-11-2010, 03:16 PM #9
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
it was a Joke.
Maybe so, but you forget many feminists were tragically born without a sense of humour so it's not like this is just gonna end, lol.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 PM #10
You know my methods

You know my methods

he is just pissed off that only 1.5% of the UK is gay and half of that small number are women. he is also a woman hater and it shows.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:05 PM #11
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Why do any women (feminist or not) even care whether he thinks we enjoy sex or not?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:45 AM #12
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhxo View Post
Why do any women (feminist or not) even care whether he thinks we enjoy sex or not?
Because the man offers up such a commet without ever being able to validate it - he is neither a woman, or straight, therefore he is not in a postion to make such an ascertation.

and now his ignorance and arrogance as been challenged, he once again, tries to deride people with the old classic of, "I was joking, I was not being serious" tactic.

He was being serious and was therefore challenged on his comment. He couldn't back his comment up with any validation, therefore he then turns tail and pretends he was joking - now inferring that women can't take a jokie.

The man is indeed a misogynist in my opinion. worse than that, he doesn't have the balls to at least admit that. If he did, I'd actually have more respect for him.

His arrogance knows no bounds.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:40 AM #13
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

if he were confident in what he was saying he wouldn't back down, what a creep. No woman in their right mind would want sex with him anyway
Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 AM #14
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElProximo View Post
And seriously this really does give an insight into where homosexuality can be coming from.
I have no doubt that he had a terrible and awkward and unsuccessful time trying to please a woman (and assume she was English and x that 100),
and/or
more than that itself is what kind of:
-expectations (maybe even instilled by a sudden media-hyped sex culture of his youth (60s, 70s)
- what he, in his own mind, believed about himself (confidence, esteem etc) and maybe what he 'projected' into the women.

Even though I do think there are different 'programs' for male and female sexuality (men may be more the constant where women more a cycle) I would actually agree with a feminist for once:
- Women really CAN have sex anytime they want,
and,
- Oh yes they do. Plenty. Initiated and done often.

Anyways, a lot of this is only shocking to those who have never really hung about with gay crowds (no jokes here.. i mean plain non-sexual socializing) because realistically you hear the most outrageous, vicious, vile, spiteful contempt about women among many a gay.

I can never forget a time when I was (at least to some degree) 'accepted' in a gay circle.
(once again, resist the obvious jokes and no I did not 'go gay'),
but,
in this one case there was 2 women, myself and then a majority of gays. The women eventually left.
Holy EFF - I heard about 1 hour straight of the most horrifying 'anti-women' jokes (if you can call them jokes?) that honestly in my entire life I would never even imagined!
I mean I almost wanted to vomit and I thought I'd heard all the crude jokes! Until then.
but it did quickly degenerate into the most thinly veiled sheer hatred. I mean almost 'scary contempt' for females.

Anyways... thats a long story just to say we ought not be too surprised and interestingly this may say more about him than anything else.
I wonder if you got something you wanna share with us Mr Proximo????
Old 06-11-2010, 10:28 AM #15
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Because the man offers up such a commet without ever being able to validate it - he is neither a woman, or straight, therefore he is not in a postion to make such an ascertation.

and now his ignorance and arrogance as been challenged, he once again, tries to deride people with the old classic of, "I was joking, I was not being serious" tactic.

He was being serious and was therefore challenged on his comment. He couldn't back his comment up with any validation, therefore he then turns tail and pretends he was joking - now inferring that women can't take a jokie.

The man is indeed a misogynist in my opinion. worse than that, he doesn't have the balls to at least admit that. If he did, I'd actually have more respect for him.

Oh come on, it was a throwaway comment, joking or not. Intellectuals have been racking their brains over the difference between men and women for centuries. I could just as easily say you are homophobic for saying Fry isn't qualified to have an opinion on the matter, but I won't, because that would be silly and I'm not that easily offended. :-/

Old 06-11-2010, 11:40 AM #16
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Eye View Post
Oh come on, it was a throwaway comment, joking or not. Intellectuals have been racking their brains over the difference between men and women for centuries. I could just as easily say you are homophobic for saying Fry isn't qualified to have an opinion on the matter, but I won't, because that would be silly and I'm not that easily offended. :-/
Oh I think you will find it was more than a 'throwaway comment'. Infact, it was diatribe. Not only that, the then continued to state that women were lying if they said the said they enjoyed sex.

Quote:

‘If women liked sex as much as men, there would be straight cruising areas in the way there are gay cruising areas,’ he said.
‘Women would go and hang around in churchyards thinking, “God, I’ve got to get my ******* rocks

It doesn’t happen. Why? Because the only women you can have sex with like that wish to be paid for it.’

Fry, who hosts BBC quiz QI, added: ‘I feel sorry for straight men.
'The only reason women will have sex with them is that sex is the price they are willing to pay for a relationship with a man, which is what they want.

‘Of course, a lot of women will deny this and say, “Oh no, but I love sex, I love it!” But do they go around having it the way that gay men do?’

Of course he is unqualified to comment. He is not a woman, he has no idea what a woman experiences during sex or what pleasure a woman can experience.

When he is able to do that, I'll more than welcome his ability to comment. Until then, he should shut mouth.. He also should not be castigating straight men as he also managed to do in his 'throwaway comment'. Nice touch Fry - insult straight males as well as females. The man is a buffoon.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 06-11-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:44 AM #17
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
it was a Joke.

This.

People need to lighten up.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 AM #18
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
This.

Is that an order or an opinion?

We are all entitled to our opinion without being told to 'lighten up'.

the old 'Its a joke' excuse is always pulled out of the hat when people realise they have overstepped the mark. Always.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 06-11-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:47 AM #19
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Is that an order or an opinion?

We are all entitled to our opinion without being told to 'lighten up'.

Somebody is on one! It was an opinion that people need to lighten up and not take it so seriously.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:39 PM #20
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Somebody is on one! It was an opinion that people need to lighten up and not take it so seriously.
I'm not 'one on'. Not at all. I'm simply validating my right to be able to say that what I did earlir, and to be able to say that without being told to 'lighten up'.

What you might find amusing, I dont.

Differing opinions are to be expected but personally, I find the comment, "Some people need to lighten up" as being pretty disrespectful as it is effectively dismissing my right to give my opinion.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:41 PM #21
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I agree with your points but I still stand by mine, I just really don't care whether Stephen Fry thinks I enjoy sex or not!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 06-11-2010, 03:56 PM #22
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhxo View Post
I agree with your points but I still stand by mine, I just really don't care whether Stephen Fry thinks I enjoy sex or not!
Agreed! though I do hope you do enjoy....much fun to be had!!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:58 PM #23
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Agreed! though I do hope you do enjoy....much fun to be had!!
absolutely!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 06-11-2010, 04:27 PM #24
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I think this is more of a throwaway comparison - he's pointing out there's no stereotypical view of women lurking around looking for sex - like there is amongst the gay community.

However I wouldn't associate this with the enjoyment of sex. Just the availability and promiscuity of it.

I do wish Attitude would bugger off. They're so in-your-face about homosexuality that they're practically trying to enforce segregation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:03 PM #25
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Agreed.

Stephen Fry has always poked fun at all kinds of stuff. Seems a bit reactionary to pick one bit out that he's already said was taken out of context, and get all riled up about it.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
claiming, feminists, fry, sex, shocks, stephen, women