Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:04 PM #151
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

I edited to reflect my massive 'stu-spotting' fail.

And, I'm not going for another permaban. I've been shagging James just in case..
Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 PM #152
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I am honored that somebody got me confused with Super Hans .

The secret ingredient is crime.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:08 PM #153
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

fair enough. -whips my hair back and forth to DeBussy-
LemonJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:10 PM #154
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Nice Crunchy Nut you've got there, pretty expensive as I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:17 PM #155
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I tell you what this crack's a bit moreish.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:46 PM #156
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
No you don't. I explained this in what I thought was a pretty fair, logical way. It's a myth to think you have to listen to an entire artists output when you are talking about people who are 'artists' in inverted commas. Compare Leona Lewis with Rocky. It's a safe course. None of it strays from it's blueprint too much. After watching the first three Rocky films you can work out with a fair degree of accuracy if you are going to like the fourth one.

But I'll give Justin Bieber's discs are whirl for the giggle and if I unearth some gems I'll get back to you.
Surely you've listened to an album that's thrown up surprisingly good song(s)? I doubt Justin Bieber would record a song that challenges ideas or expresses controversial views because he's aimed at a fanbase that would not appreciate such material; but plenty of other artists do so in this day and age; I think I understand the point MM&I is trying to make, that a lot of people rubbish all of modern music because it's not the golden era of music anymore. He then went and undermined his argument by trying to justify his favourite singer (emphasis on singer) as a reason why modern music is not crap, but on the whole I agree it's a bit annoying after a while to read 'ugh, all music is crap compared to the 60s' because that's just as much of a narrow view as someone whose favourite music is today's music rubbishing the work of The Beatles.

p.s. My world has been shattered, Shaun doesn't listen to everything ever.

p.p.s. I did not say Shaun's the only one allowed a valid opinion, what a ridiculous assumption, I said "I think the only TiBB member who can genuinely say that they do that is Shaun, which is why by and large you should all bow down to his opinions - at least they're informed, therefore there's more validity in what he's saying" by which I meant he listens to albums and reviews them, rather than spouting off opinions like MM&I's which are entirely baseless. I did not say Shaun's the only person with a valid opinion, I said there's more validity in what he's saying because we know he actually makes the effort to research before opening his mouth.

Last edited by Z; 07-01-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:22 PM #157
lolwut.

lolwut.

Bring Me The Horizon
Black Veil Brides
All Black/Folk/Prog Metal bands fans
Old 09-01-2011, 05:25 PM #158
-

-

depeche mode
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:51 PM #159
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Surely you've listened to an album that's thrown up surprisingly good song(s)? I doubt Justin Bieber would record a song that challenges ideas or expresses controversial views because he's aimed at a fanbase that would not appreciate such material; but plenty of other artists do so in this day and age; I think I understand the point MM&I is trying to make, that a lot of people rubbish all of modern music because it's not the golden era of music anymore. He then went and undermined his argument by trying to justify his favourite singer (emphasis on singer) as a reason why modern music is not crap, but on the whole I agree it's a bit annoying after a while to read 'ugh, all music is crap compared to the 60s' because that's just as much of a narrow view as someone whose favourite music is today's music rubbishing the work of The Beatles.

p.s. My world has been shattered, Shaun doesn't listen to everything ever.

p.p.s. I did not say Shaun's the only one allowed a valid opinion, what a ridiculous assumption, I said "I think the only TiBB member who can genuinely say that they do that is Shaun, which is why by and large you should all bow down to his opinions - at least they're informed, therefore there's more validity in what he's saying" by which I meant he listens to albums and reviews them, rather than spouting off opinions like MM&I's which are entirely baseless. I did not say Shaun's the only person with a valid opinion, I said there's more validity in what he's saying because we know he actually makes the effort to research before opening his mouth.
I'm tired of this notion that people who are fans of 'old' music [what a riddiculous concept] and constantly dump on new music are only doing it to appear knowledgeable or zany. Is it not at all possible that one can simply find the vast majority of new music to be disposable garbage? How on earth is that a 'narrow view'? It's completely different to someone like MM&I saying old music is crap because that's not an informed opinion. MM&I doesn't listen to old music. Has never even tried. We are all exposed to new music.

I listen to albums too. I just don't post reviews in public domains. I don't listen to albums by artists I know I won't enjoy because it would be a waste of time and it would not change my opinion. As I said singles based artists can be judged on the basis of their singles. An album from Leona Lewis or Justin Bieber is nothing more than a holding pen for potential singles. Do you think it is necessary to watch every single episode of Skins before one can say with any amount of certainty that Skins isin't really for them?

I could go and listen to a Sugababes album and if I do it enough through the magic of repetition a certain song might stick out and drill itself into my mind ... it happens to everyone at supermarkets when they fill their trolleys to some humdrum ambient melodies ... but I don't really have to do it in order to say I'm not into the Sugababes.

And seriously ... I'm just looking for good music. It doesn't have to be 'expressing controversial views' or 'challenging' me lol.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 PM #160

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Twilight
LOL At least i don't go on about You Me At Six 24/7, like you do with Lady GaGa.
Twilight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:36 PM #161
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I'm tired of this notion that people who are fans of 'old' music [what a riddiculous concept] and constantly dump on new music are only doing it to appear knowledgeable or zany. Is it not at all possible that one can simply find the vast majority of new music to be disposable garbage? How on earth is that a 'narrow view'? It's completely different to someone like MM&I saying old music is crap because that's not an informed opinion. MM&I doesn't listen to old music. Has never even tried. We are all exposed to new music.

I listen to albums too. I just don't post reviews in public domains. I don't listen to albums by artists I know I won't enjoy because it would be a waste of time and it would not change my opinion. As I said singles based artists can be judged on the basis of their singles. An album from Leona Lewis or Justin Bieber is nothing more than a holding pen for potential singles. Do you think it is necessary to watch every single episode of Skins before one can say with any amount of certainty that Skins isin't really for them?

I could go and listen to a Sugababes album and if I do it enough through the magic of repetition a certain song might stick out and drill itself into my mind ... it happens to everyone at supermarkets when they fill their trolleys to some humdrum ambient melodies ... but I don't really have to do it in order to say I'm not into the Sugababes.

And seriously ... I'm just looking for good music. It doesn't have to be 'expressing controversial views' or 'challenging' me lol.
I said all, not vast majority, I was speaking about those who literally do do what you described. Those who do that about ALL modern music hold just as narrow a view as those like MM&I who don't give older stuff a chance, because it's the exact same opinion, just on opposing sides. That's why anyone listens to albums - because they enjoy them - but to have a properly balanced opinion, then by any standard you'd need to know what you're talking about, right? I'm not claiming I do it either, I'm just saying that a person with an informed opinion is someone who has done their research - just like any other debate. How do you know you won't enjoy something until you give it a try? Again, I'm just playing devil's advocate here - it's not as if I do this myself, but I mean with the Skins or the Sugababes examples you gave, who's to say there won't be a flash in the pan that takes you by surprise and you take enjoyment out of it? You don't know until you try - but you can certainly make your mind up based on a sample of material, as I reckon everyone does - why would you force yourself to listen/watch something that has failed to appeal to you previously - it just isn't an entirely informed opinion.

Anyway, I'm going to step out of this debate now, I'm verging on clueless when it comes to music, I'm just trying to make the point that while people are ****ting on MM&I for his point, I get what he's trying to say - people who say all modern music is crap can't say that unless they've given all modern music a try, which although would be pretty much impossible, if someone who had that opinion gave modern music a chance, they'd surely come across something that they don't think is crap.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 PM #162
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

You seem to be talking about something that doesn't exist then. I have never met either on this forum or in real life someone who has said all modern music is throwaway. And if they did say that chances are it was a generalization not designed to be taken seriously.

Billions of modern songs exist on the internet. It's implausible to be capable of hating each and every one of them. In the case that you do know such people in real life then you are right they are obviously as ignorant as people who say all old music is bad or something along those lines. Yin to the yang.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:37 PM #163
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
LOL At least i don't go on about You Me At Six 24/7, like you do with Lady GaGa.
1. It was a joke
2. Yes, you do

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:44 PM #164
User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:

Hvent read the thread but...

whenever I see a Gaga item on the internet Im always nauseated reading the comments by her fans below it. They just come across like lost little kids looking for a surrogate Mummy. Tragic. And creepy.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 PM #165

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Eric Bristow
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Eric Bristow
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

I would have to say Justin Beiber
Rob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:48 PM #166
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I would have to say Justin Beiber
I dont even bother reading his fans BS. I know its just annoying little tweeny girls.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:15 PM #167
ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

This thread has really given me some laughs. Thanks
Old 16-01-2011, 04:27 PM #168

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

take that fans, purely cause of laura.
Old 16-01-2011, 04:37 PM #169
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 04:43 PM #170
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

After the RIP nonsense on Twitter, Justin Bieber.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
artist, fanbase, musical, worst