Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 14-06-2015, 02:35 AM #2526

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

Im not having this

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 02:36 AM #2527

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

do something purdy

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Old 15-06-2015, 02:07 AM #2528
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Spoiler:

great episode. Delighted with the deaths and Cersys walk of shame was epic
Old 15-06-2015, 02:39 AM #2529
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Erm, ok.. Finale spoilers

Spoiler:

This was the first episode that book readers didn't really know what to expect, mainly with the Battle at Winterfell and Arya.

Stannis - Ok, there is no way that happens in the book. Lets ignore Brienne being in a different part of the world for a moment, over half of that Bolton army are not loyal to them. They absolutely would not fight for them, they'd turn on them as soon as they left the gates of Winterfell. Either Stannis actually lived there (until there's a body I'm accepting nothing) or they've killed him off even though he wins that battle in the books. But he's a character they've turned into a villain and massively mishandled for 3 seasons anyway, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they have killed him.

Arya - Probably the best scene in the episode, Meryn Trant finally getting what was due to him and in pretty brutal fashion. Not a big fan of the blind angle but hopefully it can be reversed somehow.

Tyrion/Dany - They seemed to be setting Tyrion up to be leading at Meereen for a long time... I really hope not. That city needs to be ditched and he needs to get back to Westeros (w/Dany) asap. Pretty weird scene for Dany, I'm guessing that Khalasar had spotted the dragon landing and that was there way of electing Dany their new leader. Kind of fitting to her story if she does get a khalasar of her own after the way Season 1 went, that would be good... As long as she goes to Westeros immediately.

Sansa/Theon - Way too rushed, not suspenseful enough. Poor storyline on the whole, was a lot better and more layered with Jeyne in the books.

The Jon scene was excellent. Glad that they finally referenced Benjen again. I'd usually be freaking out about this and was when I read it originally but there's no way he's gone forever. Melisandre is at the wall for a reason, he'll be getting brought back just like Thoros used to do with Beric Dondarrion in season 3.

Everything else was fine.

Last edited by Locke.; 15-06-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 04:07 AM #2530
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Kit Harrington just gave an interesting interview
Old 15-06-2015, 04:14 AM #2531
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

He's contractually obliged not to spoil things.

Spoiler:

It's widely known that he hates the hair he has on the show, yet he still has it right now. He'll be spotted back on the set in about 3 months time.
Old 15-06-2015, 04:47 AM #2532
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
Erm, ok.. Finale spoilers

Spoiler:

This was the first episode that book readers didn't really know what to expect, mainly with the Battle at Winterfell and Arya.

Stannis - Ok, there is no way that happens in the book. Lets ignore Brienne being in a different part of the world for a moment, over half of that Bolton army are not loyal to them. They absolutely would not fight for them, they'd turn on them as soon as they left the gates of Winterfell. Either Stannis actually lived there (until there's a body I'm accepting nothing) or they've killed him off even though he wins that battle in the books. But he's a character they've turned into a villain and massively mishandled for 3 seasons anyway, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they have killed him.

Arya - Probably the best scene in the episode, Meryn Trant finally getting what was due to him and in pretty brutal fashion. Not a big fan of the blind angle but hopefully it can be reversed somehow.

Tyrion/Dany - They seemed to be setting Tyrion up to be leading at Meereen for a long time... I really hope not. That city needs to be ditched and he needs to get back to Westeros (w/Dany) asap. Pretty weird scene for Dany, I'm guessing that Khalasar had spotted the dragon landing and that was there way of electing Dany their new leader. Kind of fitting to her story if she does get a khalasar of her own after the way Season 1 went, that would be good... As long as she goes to Westeros immediately.

Sansa/Theon - Way too rushed, not suspenseful enough. Poor storyline on the whole, was a lot better and more layered with Jeyne in the books.

The Jon scene was excellent. Glad that they finally referenced Benjen again. I'd usually be freaking out about this and was when I read it originally but there's no way he's gone forever. Melisandre is at the wall for a reason, he'll be getting brought back just like Thoros used to do with Beric Dondarrion in season 3.

Everything else was fine.
Spoiler:

Arya- Pretty sure the "going blind" angle is covered in the books so far... but I won't say more than that for now. Except for "gurl you go on"
Stannis- so his only real purpose was to save Castle Black with his original army... and eliminate his entire bloodline from the throne ... interesting.
Melisandre- was her purpose all along to use Stannis to get to Castle Black and lead him to his death , or did she realize that she was wrong all along and run from her own delusion. And if she could bring Jon back... why didn' she stay to bring back Stannis.
Jon- I think if they are stupid enough not to burn him, he will become one of the walking dead, of the God of light or the white walkers
Myrcella- well her storyline was short lived... that kiss though... I was screaming at the screen for her to not let it happen :laugh
:
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 05:04 AM #2533
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkajava View Post
Spoiler:

Arya- Pretty sure the "going blind" angle is covered in the books so far... but I won't say more than that for now. Except for "gurl you go on"
Stannis- so his only real purpose was to save Castle Black with his original army... and eliminate his entire bloodline from the throne ... interesting.
Melisandre- was her purpose all along to use Stannis to get to Castle Black and lead him to his death , or did she realize that she was wrong all along and run from her own delusion. And if she could bring Jon back... why didn' she stay to bring back Stannis.
Jon- I think if they are stupid enough not to burn him, he will become one of the walking dead, of the God of light or the white walkers
Myrcella- well her storyline was short lived... that kiss though... I was screaming at the screen for her to not let it happen :laugh
:
Spoiler:

Yeah, she does go blind in the books too. I don't like it in either the books or show, I'm hoping it can be reversed just as easily as it was done. Tbh I'm just generally not a big fan of this changing faces stuff, I'd rather she got back to Westeros and got involved with the main storyline again.
Old 15-06-2015, 09:30 AM #2534
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Great episode

Spoiler:

i think with regards to stannis, something along those lines will happen, shireen will be burned and word will reach his camp, half his army will desert him and then he'll die, I think they just gave it to brienne so she could get the justice she's after, a bit pissed they're doing Robert strong but not LSH, don't really see how one zombie is more important than another, the Sansa stuff was a bit flat tbh, I wanted a bit more, Sophie is such a great actress but she barely said anything and regardless of how much snow there was, you would not survive that jump

Here for Dany taking her Khalasar and the unsullied towards westeros by episode 2 next season

Also something that confused me
Spoiler:

why did arya see jaqen and her own face on the body, I thought the point of it was they only used the faces of the dead

The scars on my mind are on replay

Last edited by Smithy; 15-06-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 10:13 AM #2535
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Someone made an interesting point on a different forum
Spoiler:

The brienne/stannis scene was sort of parallel to the brienne/LSH scene, there was a slight delay before she swung th sword and because it cut out before we saw her actually kill him, he might have too shouted out a word

Old 15-06-2015, 03:08 PM #2536
Banned

Banned

Good episode.

Spoiler:

I don't think for a second that Jon is dead, Why bring Melisandre back to the wall if not to resurrect him? There's still loads of questions to be answered about his storyline for him to die at this point. They'll bring him back and he'll turn his back on the wall and that's how they'll propel his storyline to the endgame and get him away from the Night's Watch story. Here for all the Night's Watch being butchered by the White Walkers tbh.

The Cersei stuff was both good and difficult to watch, I'm totally here for her destroying all the religious fanatics next series with Zombie Mountain.

The Daenerys stuff was boring as per, I really hope we get to see a lot of Tyrion and Varys ruling over Mereen next series but I honestly couldn't care less about Daenerys at this point.

The Stannis stuff was to be expected, I liked that Brienne was the one to finish him off and I'm glad they ended his story, it couldn't have really gone anywhere after last week's episode.

I think Sansa should have been the one to kill Myranda, they've regressed her character in this series and defending herself would have been a good way to put her back on the right track.

Arya's scenes were sensational but I'm kind of bored of the whole Faceless Men business now. I wish she just killed Trant and booked it out of there, this whole blindness thing and the entirety of her last scene felt extraneous.

So basically my hopes for next series are

- Cersei burns the religious fanatics to the ground.
- Jon Snow, Melisandre and Davos team up and their story moves away from the wall.
- Arya leaves Braavos and goes back to Westeros to stab more bitches. Her story lacks an endgame atm and I don't want another season of her stumbling around with the Faceless Men.
- Daenerys' story gets less ****ing boring and she actually ends up in Westeros next season. Not here for her being a Dothraki prisoner for the entirety of the next season.
- Sansa gets her groove back and teams up with Littlefinger to **** **** up. They set up a whole Dark Sansa angle in Season 4 and now they need to deliver. She needs to be the one to kill Ramsay.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 03:35 PM #2537
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Here for Sansa being LSH

Old 15-06-2015, 04:02 PM #2538
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Some of the memes going around about last night are hilarious.
Old 15-06-2015, 04:29 PM #2539

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Stannis is not dead

1) he had is sword planted right next to him in the scene very clearly and even crippled he could still take Brienne out

2) before Stannis says to Brienne " Do your Duty " her face changes

3) the sword strike and the noise she made after was very strange, she hit towards the ground and not at Stannis

4) Stannis seemed to have been looking at something in the background moments before the strike

5) Pod took his axe and followed Brienne, maybe Pod slaughtered Brienne in the best twist yet

6) Sansa and Theon might have been behind them running through the forest and thats what Stannis saw, alerting Brienne before she could finish him off

7) Melisandre is clearly going to think Stannis is ****ed and she has got out of it alright, Stannis is the only guy living who knows she deserted him

8) Melisandre said she saw Bolton Banners burning which could yet still be true at the hands of the One True King

9) Salladhor might have been in the forest hunting for boar and stabbed Brienne in the back

10) maybe Thoros is in there as well hiding behind a tree and ready to pop out and resurect Stannis

My King Lives

Old 15-06-2015, 04:31 PM #2540

Yes a Great Series 10/10
was shown last night at 2AM
USA time.

I look Forward to the next Series

Feel The Force
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 04:34 PM #2541
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovoBaratheon View Post
Spoiler:

Stannis is not dead

1) he had is sword planted right next to him in the scene very clearly and even crippled he could still take Brienne out

2) before Stannis says to Brienne " Do your Duty " her face changes

3) the sword strike and the noise she made after was very strange, she hit towards the ground and not at Stannis

4) Stannis seemed to have been looking at something in the background moments before the strike

5) Pod took his axe and followed Brienne, maybe Pod slaughtered Brienne in the best twist yet

6) Sansa and Theon might have been behind them running through the forest and thats what Stannis saw, alerting Brienne before she could finish him off

7) Melisandre is clearly going to think Stannis is ****ed and she has got out of it alright, Stannis is the only guy living who knows she deserted him

8) Melisandre said she saw Bolton Banners burning which could yet still be true at the hands of the One True King

9) Salladhor might have been in the forest hunting for boar and stabbed Brienne in the back

10) maybe Thoros is in there as well hiding behind a tree and ready to pop out and resurect Stannis

My King Lives

Keep the faith man... keep the faith
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 04:54 PM #2542
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Someone made an interesting point on a different forum
Spoiler:

The brienne/stannis scene was sort of parallel to the brienne/LSH scene, there was a slight delay before she swung th sword and because it cut out before we saw her actually kill him, he might have too shouted out a word
Very true.

Spoiler:

I think he is alive. Syrio is the only death I can recall that happened off screen, there's no way they'd do it for a major character like Stannis. The only problem with this is that he has no army, no family, and no friends left.. It's hard to see where his storyline would go now. In a way this all ended the same as the book though, with Jon and Stannis' fates both left on a cliffhanger.

Pretty funny that Balon is technically the winner of the War of the Five Kings as well now, even though he died 3 books ago.
Old 15-06-2015, 06:34 PM #2543
Z

Z

Ffs!!! Just watched it
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 06:49 PM #2544
Z

Z

When can we discuss without spoilers?
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 07:17 PM #2545
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

A quote from the producers that seems to confirm something...

Spoiler:

This was an interview about Jon's death, and them trying to sell that he's actually dead. But to me it shows that Stannis is alive:

“In a book, you can present that kind of ambiguity,” Weiss said. “In a show, everybody sees it for what it is. It’s that rule: ‘If don’t see the body then they’re not really dead.’ Like when we cut Ned’s head off, we didn’t want a gory Monty Python geyser of blood, but we needed to see the blade enter his neck and cut out on the frame where the blade was mid-neck—it was longest discussion ever of where to cut a frame; two hours of talking about whether to cut at frame six or frame seven or frame eight. And that’s all by way of saying we needed Ned’s death to be totally unambiguous. I remember reading the book and going back and forth, like, ‘Did I miss something? Was [Ned] swapped out for somebody else?’ There’s a level of ambiguity because you’re not seeing something starkly represented. In the book, you can write around things to preserve a certain level of mystery that you have to commit to on screen.”
Old 15-06-2015, 07:17 PM #2546
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

10pm

Old 15-06-2015, 11:14 PM #2547
-

-

slain
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 11:25 PM #2548

I'm done.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 11:35 PM #2549
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Old 15-06-2015, 11:38 PM #2550
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

Mmm there's a lot I like and I don't like now about GoT

It's still amazing television, an amazing world and a really good hour of suspense buuutttt I really think they've timed this season terribly. It's moved along quite slowly all throughout and then they explode so many different dramatic moments on the viewer, they always seem too desperate to pace each story so that it reaches its endgame in the final ep when that isn't necessary and particularly with a story like the Dorne one it really kills it completely.

My main issue though is that I think it leaves the viewer in the dark too much. A story like Arya's nobody has known what the hell is going on with all season and we're still none the wiser. I don't really buy that she's blinded but I have no reason to suspect anything else is going to happen and that's the whole problem. And with both Stannis and Jon, we're supposed to believe they're dead but then again we obviously should be sceptical about both of them and that's a bit lame. If you have someone being run through with a sword then that should mean something. It's dumb that literally anything can be overturned because of some sort of God or some sort of magic so there's no use us speculating on any of it

So yes bottom line is that; sorry Stannis and Jon but you ****ed up. Stannis lost the loyalty of his men; the Boltons didn't, and he deserves to die and his army lose. Jon meant well but he didn't pay enough attention to the worries and fears of his own men and they turned on him because of it. They both deserve to die and godammit they should not be saved.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
airing, game, season, thread, thrones