Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 18-06-2011, 10:53 PM #1
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Smile Cancellation of Hit Series 'South Park' Confirmed to be not true.

Quote:
Last week, South Park aired its surprisingly dark midseason finale, "You're Getting Old." While it was one of the best episodes of the show perhaps ever, it also bore a really dark tone that led many many fans to proclaim that the sky was falling on South Park and a disinterested Matt Stone and Trey Parker were calling it quits on everyone's favorite cartoon Colorado town.

Comedy Central have aired South Park since 1999 and their current contract with creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone - expires in 2013.

So is the beginning of the end coming for South Park?

Not so, say Stone and Parker.

Stone and Parker dismissed theories that the episode was an indicator that they want to end the show. "Not really," Parker replied when asked if he and Stone ever got tired of doing the show.
"We love South Park, that's still our thing."
This was met with a massive applause from the studio audience.

And what about "You're Getting Old," an episode laden with cynicism? "That's what was so fun," Parker explained, "Because we did it by the seat of our pants. Obviously it had a lot of themes and things we were feeling in it. But we came back and people were like, 'Are you okay? Is the show coming back?,' and we were like, 'Yeah.'

"We had a really good time doing that. It was fun," Parker concluded.

The Mid-Season finale saw Stan's parent and fan favourite, Randy Marsh, leave South Park whilst Stan and his Mother also departed without Randy.

And perhaps the most shocking of all, Kyle is seen smiling at Cartman representing a new friendship.

The episode ended with the Fleetwood Mac single 'Landslide' playing - which surely brought a tear to every fan's eye.

"We don't know what's going to happen [with the show's cliffhanger], but we'll figure it out in August."

South Park will return to finish its fifteenth season in October and then what happens in 2012? We'll just have to wait and see...

Quite cool to hear, the episode was so grim and depressing - and alot of people actually came up with the theory that that episode was a 'Surprise Last Episode' which was silly to presume, but it did look like an indication of the show ending.

Which would be a shame because South Park pisses all over Family Guy & The Simpsons and can I just say to anyone who hasn't watched in a while, thinking it's went downhill - give it a shot as it seems this is the beginning of a new era for the show.
Old 18-06-2011, 10:55 PM #2
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

If anyone didn't see the episode or doesn't get what the fuss was about, you can watch it here:

http://xepisodes.com/south-park/seas...e-getting-old/
Old 18-06-2011, 11:03 PM #3

Family Guy is better than South Park, no doubt. I don't know anyone that still watches South Park and in my opinion the jokes are pretty limited from what I've seen.

However, the Simpsons is a croc of ****e which is way past its best and it is successful mostly because of its past (being the best cartoon comedy-ish show of the 90's).
Brad. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 11:06 PM #4
Sam:)

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB16: Marc

Favourites (more):

OH thank god. I'm delighted,its one of them shows that get better and better by series.I have to admit I did think it was cancelled after watching the mid-series finale.
Sam:) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 11:13 PM #5
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

It's always trounced Family Guy which is the comedic equivalent of collecting you and your mates shit in a bucket for a month and duct taping it to the neighbours wall and it's better episodes have trounced The Simpson's worst episodes but no way is it a better show. It never has been and never will be.

And to be honest this season has been complete pants with the exception of this episode in question which was brilliant. It's become the 'Hey guys here's what Trey and Matt don't like this week!' show.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 11:24 PM #6
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
It's always trounced Family Guy which is the comedic equivalent of collecting you and your mates shit in a bucket for a month and duct taping it to the neighbours wall and it's better episodes have trounced The Simpson's worst episodes but no way is it a better show. It never has been and never will be.

And to be honest this season has been complete pants with the exception of this episode in question which was brilliant. It's become the 'Hey guys here's what Trey and Matt don't like this week!' show.
I agree.

I know saying it was better than The Simpson's is abit of a drastic thing to say - seeing as The Simpsons are like royalty when it comes to TV but I think The Simpsons went way downhill after the 2007 Movie.

It'll be interesting to see what show lasts the longest out of Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park.

Really? I think this season [although not as good as the other seasons] has been a brilliant comeback after the travesty that was Season 14.

God, that Season was a disgrace - started out fantastic with the episode with Randy giving himself cancer to smoke pot, then went downhill with all the 'Coon' episodes.

This series hasn't been too bad, just had a few minor sh*t episodes like the one with the two Asian fellas the other week.

But I can see the rest of this season being about Randy and Sharon and Cartman and Kyle and of course Stan's cynical problem.
As long as they don't go and throw some futuristic monster or robot into the storyline that ends up eating the town or something or having some silly twist like Stan was born a secret turd - then this series should end nicely.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:27 PM #7
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

The Simpsons went downhill way before the movie. I like the newer new ones though as long as you don't compare the current style to the older style. I've gotten used to the million cultural refrences a minute format and some of it is brilliant. And Superintendent Chalmers is all over it.

South Park is still decent but I think it's just gotten a bit stale. Oh well. At least it's not the Big Bang Theory or something.

Last edited by Stu; 18-06-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 11:39 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I agree.

I know saying it was better than The Simpson's is abit of a drastic thing to say - seeing as The Simpsons are like royalty when it comes to TV but I think The Simpsons went way downhill after the 2007 Movie.

It'll be interesting to see what show lasts the longest out of Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park.

Really? I think this season [although not as good as the other seasons] has been a brilliant comeback after the travesty that was Season 14.

God, that Season was a disgrace - started out fantastic with the episode with Randy giving himself cancer to smoke pot, then went downhill with all the 'Coon' episodes.

This series hasn't been too bad, just had a few minor sh*t episodes like the one with the two Asian fellas the other week.

But I can see the rest of this season being about Randy and Sharon and Cartman and Kyle and of course Stan's cynical problem.
As long as they don't go and throw some futuristic monster or robot into the storyline that ends up eating the town or something or having some silly twist like Stan was born a secret turd - then this series should end nicely.
I think the asian episode was good but it was a completely stupid episode,South Park have a terrible habit of ruining what could be an amazing episode by doing as you said above,I guarantee that we will have an amazing episode about Randy & Sharon but then there going to **** it up by revealing Sharon is secretly a man from mars and that she is also a crazy robot that takes the form of Jennifer Aniston when it gets scared .I really liked early season 14 but I thought they ****ed it up after the jersey episode(but the jersey episode was great).When they made the hoarding episode I think they ruined the series and then came the coon episodes which I hated.
I do think The Simpsons has slightly improved to what the 2006/2007 standard was but Family Guy has been going downhill
Old 18-06-2011, 11:44 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad. View Post
Family Guy is better than South Park, no doubt. I don't know anyone that still watches South Park and in my opinion the jokes are pretty limited from what I've seen.

However, the Simpsons is a croc of ****e which is way past its best and it is successful mostly because of its past (being the best cartoon comedy-ish show of the 90's).
Its the complete opposite for me as many of my friends (including me) no longer watch Family Guy as religiously as we used to watch it,but I've noticed south park is getting more popular

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cancellation, confirmed, hit, outh, park, series, true