Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB8 Celebrity Big Brother 8 shown on Channel 5 from 2011.
Discuss Channel 5 Celebrity Big Brother won by Paddy Doherty.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:40 PM #51
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Funny we're all still talking about Jedward even after the final is over and they finished 3rd. Quite telling.

Yes, they are marmite characters but if they were totally nice, sweet people (e.g. like their fellow XF contestant Joe McElderry) they would not have got invited into CBB in the first place.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:51 PM #52
User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
Funny we're all still talking about Jedward even after the final is over and they finished 3rd. Quite telling.

Yes, they are marmite characters but if they were totally nice, sweet people (e.g. like their fellow XF contestant Joe McElderry) they would not have got invited into CBB in the first place.
the hated annoying HMs always get discussed the most. Its tradition.

And I personally could talk about their failure to win for many more days. It'll certainly do until BB12 starts.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:03 PM #53
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Well said, I agree with your very valid point.

I really like Jedward, people will still be taking about them for I predict likely the next 10 years or more at least as they will regularly be on our TV screens. only those who claim to really dislike them and don't watch them on TV will not see them anyway then so they shouldn't be in any of their faces at all.

Last edited by joeysteele; 09-09-2011 at 03:05 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:07 PM #54
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post

I really like Jedward, people will still be taking about them for I predict likely the next 10 years or more

you seriously think they will be get away with acting like toddlers for the next 10 years? Well there's a creepy and disturbing thought.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:07 PM #55
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
1. They are not perfect.

2. What gets classed as incestrous acts I find funny,like bathing in washing up liquid.

3. They are still nice people,just because you find them irritating doesnt mean they arent nice people.

4. There not Lucien.

5. There not Kerry.

6. There not Amy.

7. There certainly not Sweatboy.

8. Because they actually were able to wind up some of the dullest HM of all time.

And much to my chagrin.........and annoyance.....they will still have a hell of a lot more demand than 1-8 above. That is (unfortunately) fact, but a fact nevertheless.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM #56
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post

you seriously think they will be get away with acting like toddlers for the next 10 years? Well there's a creepy and disturbing thought.
No, not in the act as it is now, it will evolve as many acts evolve,but Yes to the point I made, I predict they will still be around regularly on TV in 10 years time.Likely with their own shows or presenting in the main.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:15 PM #57
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:

It's worked for the likes of Katie Price, who is in her 30's and still acts like a petulant teenager, an idiot and an attention seeking prat....... you are familiar with the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Like it or not: it's a formula that's known to work.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 PM #58
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
they will still have a hell of a lot more demand
Of all the HMs in CBB8 who, over - say - the next 3 years will likely be (a) the most financially successful, from entertainment, and also (b) most in the public eye?

Oooh..... that's a tough one isn't it?

Quote:
you seriously think they will be get away with acting like toddlers for the next 10 years?
Not 10 years... they probably have 2-3 years as the Jedward Act. They will then have to evolve. 30 year old hyperactive "boys" won't have the same appeal to their current fans. Mind you their current fans will also be 10 years older! Lol!

They have been touted as the future Ant & Dec but whether they would fit comfortably into that sort of role, in a few years time, I really don't know.

Quote:
It's worked for the likes of Katie Price, who is in her 30's and still acts like a petulant teenager, an idiot and an attention seeking prat....... you are familiar with the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Like it or not: it's a formula that's known to work.
True but Jedward are nothing without each other. What happens if one of them (for example) finds "lurve"........ unlikley as that may seem at the moment!

Quote:
why you feel Jedward ARE good role models
They don't drink, smoke, do drugs, riot on the streets, carry knives and they love their parents and are not sexually promiscous. They are also strong willed, hard working and determined. Just for starters!

Too much of youth culture (rap, gangsta etc) is based on the exact opposite of the above.

Yes they have a mischievous streak, but that is what makes them human rather than just rather sweet robots.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:44 PM #59
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Can you try to have a discussion without insulting eachother/fans of Jedward please

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:40 PM #60

Ah , at last ! Thank you Caudle, for taking the time to come up with some well thought out answers!

Look, everyone has their good points ..and their bad points. In Jedwards case their positive defense lies within them not possessing certain stated vices. Afraid It may take more than them being non- drinkers and smokers (and nobody should do drugs anyway) or being seen to love their parents...which is kind of the most natural thing in the world, period... to hold up against the so-called negative issues.....

Perhaps, if and whenever, Jedward retain a happy medium, those people who are not fans, may change their view and start regarding them as true role models. That is up to them to deduce and act upon. Perhaps they are happy with their couple of thousand fanbase ..and don't give a monkeys how they are portraying themselves . Who knows
LivT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 PM #61
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

I always have a little chuckle when people compare those twerps to Ant and Dec, I mean come on, seriously?
Old 09-09-2011, 04:47 PM #62
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivT View Post
There are no vitriolic comments . Perhaps if you see them as so, you are simply finding a ring-of-truth to them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Can you try to have a discussion without insulting eachother/fans of Jedward please
Quote:
Ah , at last ! Thank you Caudle, for taking the time to come up with some well thought out answers!

Look, everyone has their good points ..and their bad points. In Jedwards case their positive defense lies within them not possessing certain stated vices. Afraid It may take more than them being non- drinkers and smokers (and nobody should do drugs anyway) or being seen to love their parents...which is kind of the most natural thing in the world, period... to hold up against the so-called negative issues.....

Perhaps, if and whenever, Jedward retain a happy medium, those people who are not fans, may change their view and start regarding them as true role models. That is up to them to deduce and act upon. Perhaps they are happy with their couple of thousand fanbase ..and don't give a monkeys how they are portraying themselves . Who knows

I don't think they need to be happy with whatever number their fanbase amounts to, given that they are in demand - regardless - and making money.

In essence: they are doing a hell of a lot more than a great many 19 year olds are....... many of whom are happy to lay about, signing on fortnight after fortnight and doing not a lot with their lives.

Not to mention the amount of money that Jedward will be contributing to their economy - as well as their fans purchasing all manner of Jedwards products and paying VAT etc

I'd far that, than some of the lazy workshy others out there - and they do exist - who are happy to be be a financial burden on the country.

There... there's a nice bit of sensible reply for you to consider.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 09-09-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:48 PM #63
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
well I think it's very likely they have a similar fanbase and therefore stole votes from each other. A split vote. And still the Jedward army(lol) couldn't defeat them.

I can certainly see many Kerry fans liking Paddy and maybe felt he needed the votes more. It makes sense when you think about it.
Come on Zippy these excuses to make out Kerry did better against Paddy than Jedward did is ridiculous considering the Republic of Ireland couldnt vote and she still barely beat them.

And thats if you think the votes are genuine,which I think not.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM #64
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
I don't think they need to be happy with whatever number their fanbase amounts to, given that they are in demand - regardless - and making money.

In essence: they are doing a hell of a lot more than a great many 19 year olds are....... many of whom are happy to lay about, signing on fortnight after fortnight and doing not a lot with their lives.

Not to mention the amount of money that Jedward will be contributing to their economy - as well as their fans purchasing all manner of Jedwards products and paying VAT etc

I'd far that, than some of the lazy workshy others out there - and they do exist - who are happy to be be a financial burden on the country.

There... there's a nice bit of sensible reply for you to consider.

The fans that couldn't even be bothered to pick up the phones for them People might like to see them on tv or whatever but can't imagine people running out to buy Jedward tat, another assumption the makes their mythical mass fanbase seem bigger
Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM #65
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
I always have a little chuckle when people compare those twerps to Ant and Dec, I mean come on, seriously?
In 5 to 10 years time? Who knows. I too think it's unlikely: it may not even be something they would want to do.

Ant & Dec were very much ridiculed in their younger days - especially when they were (ahem!) pops stars... PJ & Duncan. Now they are (I understand) the highest-earning stars on UK TV. Who would have thought it?

It may be their shelf life as "Jedward" is short and they will have to become the individuals John and Edward again... in fact as they get older they well have to put the Jedward thing behind them if they want a career into their 30s, 40s and beyond.

Can they evolve, or is there something fundamental which would stop them doing so? I truly don't know the answer to that and I doubt anyone else does either.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM #66
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
In 5 to 10 years time? Who knows. I too think it's unlikely: it may not even be something they would want to do.

Ant & Dec were very much ridiculed in their younger days - especially when they were (ahem!) pops stars... PJ & Duncan. Now they are (I understand) the highest-earning stars on UK TV. Who would have thought it?

It may be their shelf life as "Jedward" is short and they will have to become the individuals John and Edward again... in fact as they get older they well have to put the Jedward thing behind them if they want a career into their 30s, 40s and beyond.

Can they evolve, or is there something fundamental which would stop them doing so? I truly don't know the answer to that and I doubt anyone else does either.
They just seem too immature to present really, they don't seem to be able to concentrate very long and get "bored" as they put it, quite easily. Ant and Dec may have been ridiculed when they were starting out, but you can't deny they have a charm that Jedward simply don't have.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM #67

Oh , I rather doubt our economy will be seriously hit or suffer if Jedward stopped contributing I agree that their is a general malaise amongst some of our youth , but their situation isn't comparable, since they can't all have opportinties handed to them on a plate. Lets not forget also, that there are guys out there...many younger than Jedward, who are fighting for world peace...enough said.
LivT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM #68
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
The fans that couldn't even be bothered to pick up the phones for them People might like to see them on tv or whatever but can't imagine people running out to buy Jedward tat, another assumption the makes their mythical mass fanbase seem bigger

yeah...that's how they were kicked out in the first week .......... Oh wait...... !!!

I'm quite sure when you and I are still sitting in our little houses, playing around on the internet - that they will be doing something far more worthwhile on the back of the fortune that they made - when they began as mere 17/18 year olds....

just a thought.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 09-09-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 PM #69
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Oh , I rather doubt our economy will be seriously hit or suffer if Jedward stopped contributing I agree that their is a general malaise amongst some of our youth , but their situation isn't comparable, since they can't all have opportinties handed to them on a plate. Lets not forget also, that there are guys out there...many younger than Jedward, who are fighting for world peace...enough said.
but given that the very thread in which you are contributing is not about fighting for world peace, it's a very moot point.

I don't believe Jedward had anything handed to them on a plate: they worked at an act to gain their place on X Factor, and from little acorns, big oaks grow.

You asked for sensible discussion. You got some.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:05 PM #70
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
yeah...that's how they were kicked out in the first week .......... Oh wait...... !!!

I'm quite sure when you and I are still sitting in our little houses, playing around on the internet - that they will be doing something far more worthwhile on the back of the fortune that they made - when they began as mere 17/18 year olds....

just a thought.
At only getting £20 a week from mummy and daddy I doubt it lol
Old 09-09-2011, 05:07 PM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
TBF some of the youth do have oppotunities but they want to blow it on drugs or causing riots instead.

Jedward are one of a few people that are 19 years of age and actually fought to where they have got to,even if you dont think its anything great its still something.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:07 PM #72

They deserved to win because they were the most entertaining.

However I wish Tara stayed and she should have won. My favourites never win

Paddy.. Meh. But well done to him anyway. I had a heart attack when him and Kerry were the final 2. I am just grateful Kezza didn't win!! lol
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 PM #73

Jedward have been given a lot on plate. But so has plenty of other "celebs".

It's tough ****. Be grateful for what you got!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:10 PM #74
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Oh ffs Pyramid don't you start banging on about their money too. We have enough doing that. Zzzz. Go find another bandwagon to jump on. You sense a battle and just want in on it.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:11 PM #75
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
TBF some of the youth do have oppotunities but they want to blow it on drugs or causing riots instead.

Jedward are one of a few people that are 19 years of age and actually fought to where they have got to,even if you dont think its anything great its still something.
Yeah cos ALL 19 year olds do that One of the few? pfffft

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
deserve, jedward, win