Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2011, 11:44 AM #1
Banned

Banned

Default Ease up on the HM abuse.

It's okay to dislike a HM and say so but hold back on the childish name calling and the like please. It's making the forum look pretty cheap and very pathetic. To be so emotionally invested in a show to think that such abuse is justified is worrying. Nobody will get infracted for insulting a HM unless it's stupidly offensive but just keep it in mind because I every time come into the BB12 forum I cringe at the behavior of forum members.

Coming up with childish nicknames for your least liked HM does not make you look witty, it makes you look limited, immature and ultimately quite sad and it's making the forum look like that too. Try to hold back some of the vitriol please people.
Old 24-09-2011, 12:32 PM #2

yeah.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:05 PM #3
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's okay to dislike a HM and say so but hold back on the childish name calling and the like please. It's making the forum look pretty cheap and very pathetic. To be so emotionally invested in a show to think that such abuse is justified is worrying. Nobody will get infracted for insulting a HM unless it's stupidly offensive but just keep it in mind because I every time come into the BB12 forum I cringe at the behavior of forum members.

Coming up with childish nicknames for your least liked HM does not make you look witty, it makes you look limited, immature and ultimately quite sad and it's making the forum look like that too. Try to hold back some of the vitriol please people.
The forum's default theme is Winter Wonderland and it's Homepage is a mess.

It needs no help on looking cheap and tacky.

And it's not our fault, it's a Big Brother forum - some of us are more into the show than others and do get caught up with it, alot and feel passionate about the series - I agree with what you're saying though it is VERY childish when people come up with little nicknames for housemates they don't like, especially when the nicknames don't even make sense.

But at the end of the day, I think Mods should be more concerned about certain members insulting BB fans - just because they 'don't like the new era' it's ridiculous and it happened alot in CBB8, it may of calmed down now but it's still there, the amount of negativity on this forum from so called 'fans' revolving the show is a disgrace.

And If I were a new member who just joined, THAT alone would be enough to drive me away - because it's really hard trying to discuss the show when you've got other members laughing at you and calling the show pathetic and just trolling constantly.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:07 PM #4
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

And it's not our fault, it's a Big Brother forum - some of us are more into the show than others and do get caught up with it, alot and feel passionate about the series - I agree with what you're saying though it is VERY childish when people come up with little nicknames for housemates they don't like, especially when the nicknames don't even make sense.

But at the end of the day, I think Mods should be more concerned about certain members insulting BB fans - just because they 'don't like the new era' it's ridiculous and it happened alot in CBB8, it may of calmed down now but it's still there, the amount of negativity on this forum from so called 'fans' revolving the show is a disgrace.

And If I were a new member who just joined, THAT alone would be enough to drive me away - because it's really hard trying to discuss the show when you've got other members laughing at you and calling the show pathetic and just trolling constantly.

The same can be said for some of your rants Patrick and your rude little quips. Not very awe inspiring or welcoming to new members and current members of the site. There is being passionate and then there is being aggressive.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 24-09-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 24-09-2011, 03:15 PM #5
Banned

Banned

Quote:

The attitude of some forum members is a bigger problem then the forum's appearance and as mods we can't change anything about the appearance of the site but we can do something about troublesome members.

As for your concerns, people who insult others are punished, they might not always be banned because they might not have amassed enough points beforehand to cross over into an automatic ban. The best thing to do if you encounter this behavior is to report it.
Old 24-09-2011, 03:23 PM #6
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
The same can be said for some of your rants Patrick and your rude little quips. Not very awe inspiring or welcoming to new members and current members of the site. There is being passionate and then there is being aggressive.
I stopped that months ago, I only be aggressive to people if they have a problem with me.
Old 24-09-2011, 03:40 PM #7
0_o

0_o

Quote:

I have not seen this. I have seen certain members going from thread to threa moaning about the series though (even though some claim not to even watch the show) but there is nothing that could, or should be done to people who just do not like the show. If they do resort to insults though, report it. I know how annoying it is to see the same people bleating on about faults 24/7, but they ARE entitled to a negative opinion. I don't quite understand it myself like, if I didnt like a show, I just wouldnt watch it. Not watch it just to find things to moan about, but I guess some people are wired differently to me.

New members are usually driven away because of other FMs insulting them for various reasons, most of all. You forget we do know quite a bit about this because usually if someone leaves(usually people with a couple of posts, not older members who tend to make a fuss on the main boards instead), we get PMs/emails about it and they say things like how unwelcome they were made to feel. I have yet to see a message saying someone has left because there were people on here that dont like BB.

Obviously everyone will like/dislike different housemates and express their opinions on those housemates. But this message was more for the fair few members who seem to ONLY spout hate. They have begun insulting fans of the housmates they dislike, making up silly names for them, and pretty much just hopping from thread to thread spouting venom. Now, I do love a good bitch about someone I dislike, but I know when to drop it, as do most members. No way would I sit for hours just posting the same venom over and over and pretty much coming across as if foaming at the mouth. I would rather spread my time between having a conversation about someone I dislike, and a one about someone I like. Too much negativity is not good (LOL I just realised I sound like heaven now ) I just think sometimes, people need to be reminded to take a deep breath and realise that while the housemates DO put themselves up for criticism the second they enter the house, they ARE still people. And a little restraint is needed at times.

Last edited by Vicky.; 24-09-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:05 PM #8

it probably has a bit to do with them trying to attract a younger audience while at the same time alienating a lot of its long term older viewers
Old 24-09-2011, 04:13 PM #9
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
because I every time come into the BB12 forum I cringe at the behavior of [Insert word] some [/insert word] forum members.
Surely it's not everyone of us making you cringe...

Old 24-09-2011, 04:25 PM #10

I can't believe what Patrick has just posted. He's the one to kick off an argument of anyone has the slightest negative opinion about the show not just towards the very vocal ones who go on and on. I've slowly come around to this series but even I've been at the receiving end of one of his rounds of "abuse" (for want of a better word) and that certainly did not stop months ago.

Mirror, Patrick. Patrick, mirror.

Although I do agree that the homepage is an absolute mess and the Christmas themed default is pretty ridiculous.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:28 PM #11
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Paul Danan

Half the fun of watching the show is coming on here and arguing with people about their favourite housemates..

But it's ok, most the insults will stop when the little cave troll Alex is evicted
Old 24-09-2011, 04:29 PM #12

Aww, I think Alex is most likely to make the final at this stage. Well, Alex and Aaron.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:36 PM #13

Favourites:
BB7: Nikki

Favourites:
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
Half the fun of watching the show is coming on here and arguing with people about their favourite housemates..

But it's ok, most the insults will stop when the little cave troll Alex is evicted
Alex isn't going anywhere anytime soon
Old 24-09-2011, 04:43 PM #14

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:

With respect,weren't you overly scathing about a certain XFactor contestant last year,simply because he dared record a single taken from Biffy Clyro,so much so a couple of people commented on it,saying you had real hate for him,I think most of the banter on here is a bit of fun and harmless,the most offensive ones are the personal insults,I admit when I have been insulted as I see it I answer back ,it's human nature and I dont think that will EVER be wiped out on any forum.Most people on here are really nice that is why I post but I do think one or two have got away with terrible insults.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 24-09-2011, 05:08 PM #15
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post

Arguing is fine. Insults are fine(within reason, no death wishs etc) but the problem would come if you decided to go pretty much copy and paste your cave troll comment into EVERY thread about BB. Adding nothing else to any conversation besides childish insults
Old 24-09-2011, 05:10 PM #16
Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB 13: Liz Jones

Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB 13: Liz Jones

Patrick's insults towards Alex are getting tedious now.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:15 PM #17
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

There are members who appear to comment very little about housemates and seem to post ONLY to insult members whom they dont know
Old 24-09-2011, 05:33 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The board seems to have been muzzled.so much for housemates are fair game,makes you almost feel like not posting again.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 24-09-2011, 05:35 PM #19

I agree about the ott hate filled posts being ridiculous and we have pointed out before that even though it's fine to insult a housemate constant posts like that in every thread will get the member doing it warned or infracted, hurling abuse at the hm in every thread adds nothing of value at all imo.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:37 PM #20
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

I agree to a certain extent.This forum can be very daunting for a new member like me.But i'm getting the hang of it.Thank god for the ignore option!
Old 24-09-2011, 05:37 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
The board seems to have been muzzled.so much for housemates are fair game,makes you almost feel like not posting again.
No the board hasnt been muzzled Kazanne, yeah hms are fair game but over the top hate filled posts are not allowed, and that rule has been there all along it's not as if we decided to add it in there without letting anyone know.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:40 PM #22
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
No the board hasnt been muzzled Kazanne, yeah hms are fair game but over the top hate filled posts are not allowed, and that rule has been there all along it's not as if we decided to add it in there without letting anyone know.
Personal attacks on forum members also shouldn't be allowed,but it happens.I almost quit this forum because i felt targeted all the time.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:41 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Personal attacks on forum members also shouldn't be allowed,but it happens.I almost quit this forum because i felt targeted all the time.
Personal attacks on forum members are against the rules, and you should use the report button to inform us of posts like that so they can be sorted out.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:44 PM #24
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Personal attacks on forum members are against the rules, and you should use the report button to inform us of posts like that so they can be sorted out.
I felt bullied to be honest.And that's not a word i use lightly.But i'm using the ignore button from now on.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:45 PM #25
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

I actually find the positive nicknames a whole lot more annoying...

Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abuse, ease, hm