Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2011, 12:38 AM #76
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kerry~ View Post
The thread is NOT aimed at any one single person. I'm not sure why people have got so defensive.

We've all slated HM's in the past. It simply has been noted that this year it's gone OTT and a mod chose to say so

Now, go play...
Confused at 'go play',I am not a child. I thought I made a valid point and was also being supportive.

I very much welcome these guidelines for all housemates in all series and for all members too.
Old 25-09-2011, 12:41 AM #77
Honourary Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Confused at 'go play',I am not a child. I thought I made a valid point and was also being supportive.

I very much welcome these guidelines for all housemates in all series and for all members too.
I was being me and trying to lighten the mood.......
Old 25-09-2011, 12:45 AM #78
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kerry~ View Post
The thread is NOT aimed at any one single person. I'm not sure why people have got so defensive.

We've all slated HM's in the past. It simply has been noted that this year it's gone OTT and a mod chose to say so

Now, go play...
To be quite honest I dont really think this year has been any worse than previous years on here.

Maybe the mods are just becoming a touch more sensitive recently.

Maybe its because there are more mods and less people posting in general, so they can concentrate more on whats being posted.

Or and yes its back to the old chestnut maybe due to the lack of live feed and being spoonfed only what the producers want us to see in the highlights show, the vitriol comes in quick fire bursts.
Old 25-09-2011, 12:46 AM #79

Moderators can get bollocked just as much as anyone else. Do you seriously think if I started posting personal details for example of someone else I'd be allowed to remain a mod? No.

And yes, we bollock each other about behaviour just as much (sometimes more) if we don't see it as right.
Old 25-09-2011, 12:49 AM #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
To be quite honest I dont really think this year has been any worse than previous years on here.

Maybe its because there are more mods and less people posting in general, so they can concentrate more on whats being posted.

Or and yes its back to the old chestnut maybe due to the lack of live feed and being spoonfed only what the producers want us to see in the highlights show, the vitriol comes in quick fire bursts.
Perhaps.

I never used to post in the BB forum really bar live feed so maybe it's just in my face more this year
Old 25-09-2011, 12:49 AM #81
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think you make a very strong points,I thought it far worse last year with John James and Josie and Ben etc.

I think I better shut up now though, so am clearing off this thread, I was being supportive or trying to be and clearly still am in the wrong.

Last edited by joeysteele; 25-09-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 25-09-2011, 12:49 AM #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
The forum's default theme is Winter Wonderland and it's Homepage is a mess.

It needs no help on looking cheap and tacky.

And it's not our fault, it's a Big Brother forum - some of us are more into the show than others and do get caught up with it, alot and feel passionate about the series - I agree with what you're saying though it is VERY childish when people come up with little nicknames for housemates they don't like, especially when the nicknames don't even make sense.

But at the end of the day, I think Mods should be more concerned about certain members insulting BB fans - just because they 'don't like the new era' it's ridiculous and it happened alot in CBB8, it may of calmed down now but it's still there, the amount of negativity on this forum from so called 'fans' revolving the show is a disgrace.

And If I were a new member who just joined, THAT alone would be enough to drive me away - because it's really hard trying to discuss the show when you've got other members laughing at you and calling the show pathetic and just trolling constantly.
Umm, to answer this... I do have a list of things to do on the site, trouble I end up doing other stuff which is necessary for the upkeep of the site and forum, which takes time. Example is trying to manage and improve the speed of the site. I made a change the other day which I think has improved it (I think there was a problem earlier today though btw), even though you won't notice a major difference to the cosmetic aspects of the site. It did take some work to do though which prevents me doing other stuff.

That's why I've been asking for contributions to things like picture gallery, Twitter and articles, so I can get round to other things here.

Also I've been rather busy and pre-occupied recently.

Last edited by James; 25-09-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: added about earlier
Old 25-09-2011, 12:52 AM #83
0_o

0_o

Quote:

If anything, I think we are way more lenient than we were last year, or the year I actually became a mod. I remember actually banning someone for a week for calling another member a dick and noone even questioning it as it was what people were used to then. Where now, everyone would go mental about that. The times before infractions were the best, everyone knew not to push their luck, because the system in general was much harsher.

Second point may have something in it though.

Third is most likely IMO. Other years, we havent focused so much on single incidents. Chocolategate for example, would have been discussed for about 10 mins, and then we would be talking about something else.
Old 25-09-2011, 01:08 AM #84

I'm closing this thread. Gone too off-topic and we're meant to be talking about Big Brother in this forum.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abuse, ease, hm