Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-02-2012, 12:44 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Do you know who he was lostalex?
yes, a tabloid news headline, right?
Old 25-02-2012, 12:51 AM #52

I promised myself, I will ignore you but I can't tbh...

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16113452

Do some research before you spout your **** about being a "thug" next time please. This is an old article aswell. Earlier this year it was confirmed the gun they Claimed was his had NO CONNECTION to Mark Duggan. Tell me he wasn't murdered unfairly then?

The person who shot him should get more than every single rioter & looter. I won't hold my breath though.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 12:51 AM #53
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

I think you should look into the context and background of the riots more

Edit - to lostalex, not you K_A completely agree with your posts

Last edited by MTVN; 25-02-2012 at 12:52 AM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 12:58 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Anton View Post
I promised myself, I will ignore you but I can't tbh...

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16113452

Do some research before you spout your **** about being a "thug" next time please. This is an old article aswell. Earlier this year it was confirmed the gun they Claimed was his had NO CONNECTION to Mark Duggan. Tell me he wasn't murdered unfairly then?

The person who shot him should get more than every single rioter & looter. I won't hold my breath though.

funny how most people that arn't doing anything wrong don't get "murdered" by police though...

those damn murderous police going out on the street night after night looking for someone to murder, yea that's what the police are out there doing...

give me a break.

Last edited by lostalex; 25-02-2012 at 01:02 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 01:06 AM #55

Your not even worth words tbh. I hope your trolling. From now, I will reply with Videos to any of your posts.

Old 25-02-2012, 01:14 AM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Anton View Post
Your not even worth words tbh. I hope your trolling. From now, I will reply with Videos to any of your posts.
wait, so does that mean i have permission to not give any respect to you either? i'll definitely agree to that deal.

Last edited by lostalex; 25-02-2012 at 01:14 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 05:03 AM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omah View Post
That's no excuse in this case - the arsonist could have stayed at home and not committed burglary and arson - he had free will then, but he won't when he's banged up with knuckle-draggers .....

Yes the Window was Broken
he set it alight
and even tried to say he did not do it
only changed his plea at the last minute.

That Old Building on Fire went Worldwide
all because of this Punk
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 05:17 AM #58
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Im 100% behind the police on their response to the riots.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 02:55 PM #59

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

I'm still upset about the sheer pointless destruction of this lovely family business. I grew up in Dulwich and we always used to go to either Croydon or Brixton for heavy duty shopping like furniture. Reeves has always been there and when I got married, that's where I went to buy all my furniture, it was well priced and great quality. For all those years it was a very recognisable part of the the town, and then this utter moron comes along and for no reason whatsoever sets it on fire. He doesn't deserve one iota of anyone's sympathy - just bang him up and throw away the key, nobody will miss him.
33years old and a complete and utter waste of space.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 03:09 PM #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
wait, so does that mean i have permission to not give any respect to you either? i'll definitely agree to that deal.
No skin off my nose.

Would rathar not be respected by you looking at some of your posts in here.

Old 25-02-2012, 04:26 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
I'm still upset about the sheer pointless destruction of this lovely family business. I grew up in Dulwich and we always used to go to either Croydon or Brixton for heavy duty shopping like furniture. Reeves has always been there and when I got married, that's where I went to buy all my furniture, it was well priced and great quality. For all those years it was a very recognisable part of the the town, and then this utter moron comes along and for no reason whatsoever sets it on fire. He doesn't deserve one iota of anyone's sympathy - just bang him up and throw away the key, nobody will miss him.
33years old and a complete and utter waste of space.

Yes and this Punk
asked for a Lighter to Torch it
he is Evil.

Last edited by arista; 25-02-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM #62

Thumbs up London riots: Pair guilty over Malaysian student robbery

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17232636

Quote:
Two men have been found guilty of stealing from a Malaysian student as they pretended to help him during last summer's riots in London.

Ashraf Rossli, 20, had been in Britain for just a month when he was attacked on 8 August in Barking.

As he lay injured, John Kafunda, 22, of Ilford, and Reece Donovan, 24, of Romford, stole items from his bag.

Kafunda was found guilty of robbery while Donovan was convicted of theft at Wood Green Crown Court.

They were also found guilty of violent disorder.
Good, I hope they get substantial sentences .....

As a reminder :

Quote:
Ashraf Rossli, 20, had been in Britain for just a month when he was set upon on 8 August in Barkingside, east London, Wood Green Crown Court heard.

Mr Rossli, an accountancy student, had been cycling to a scared female friend when he was punched in the face by an attacker. His jaw was broken in two places. Doctors had to fit two metal plates to repair the damage.

Footage of the incident, which was recorded on a mobile phone and posted on YouTube, showed two men rifling through Mr Rossli's bag after helping him up.
A decent guy set upon by scum .....

Last edited by Omah; 02-03-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:16 PM #63

Lightbulb The YouTube mugging that shocked Britain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15232750

Quote:
The shaky video footage is less than 30 seconds long, but captures one of the most notorious and memorable incidents of last August's riots.

It begins with a group of apparently sympathetic youths helping a bleeding mugging victim to his feet - a moment of tenderness amid the waves of violence that hit England's towns and cities.

But what happens next is far from an act of kindness.

As the dazed young man makes an attempt to stagger to his feet, the apparent good Samaritans lean in, open his rucksack, and take his belongings.

But what the attackers do not realise is that the entire incident has been caught on camera.

The video was soon posted on file-sharing site YouTube, and rapidly seen by millions of people worldwide.

What followed was a wave of repulsion, and the prime minister held up the incident as a powerful symbol of "Broken Britain".

The 8 August attack in Barking, east London, made global headlines and became one of the defining images of the disorder.

A hunt to track down the victim - and his assailants - began, and slowly, more details emerged.

The injured teenager was revealed as 20-year-old Malaysian student Ashraf Hazier Rossli, who had only recently arrived in Britain.

He was set upon by Beau Isagba, 17, who broke his jaw in two places and knocked him off his bicycle.

As he sat dazed and in a pool of blood the youths seen in the video gathered around him.

Reece Donovan, 22, and John Kafunda, 22, took his mobile phone, wallet and a Sony games console with a number of games.

Donovan and Kafunda were caught red-handed on the CCTV footage but both swore blind it was not them.

Kafunda told police he was "a million per cent sure" he was not the man in the film seen talking to Mr Rossli while his accomplice rifles his rucksack.

"If that was me I would physically stop them but that isn't me there," he told detectives who confronted him with the video evidence.

The jury did not believe him and both Kafunda and Donovan were convicted of robbery and violent disorder.

They are due to be sentenced at next month, as is Isagba, who was convicted of inflicting grievous bodily harm and stealing Mr Rossli's bike.

Mr Rossli was taken to the Royal London Hospital and after treatment for his injuries the magnanimity of what he had to say appeared a world away from the actions of his mean-spirited attackers.

As Mr Rossli was roundly praised for his positive attitude, a huge internet campaign was launched to support him.

In the days that followed a site named Let's Do Something Nice For Ashraf was set up, along with countless Facebook groups, and messages from well-wishers poured in.

More than Ł22,000 was raised for Mr Rossli but he pledged to give away half of that sum to other victims of the violence.

After the verdict, Chief Supt Gary Buttercase, temporary borough commander at Barking and Dagenham, described Mr Rossli as "a man of humility and dignity and a tremendous credit to his country".

"I am particularly pleased that we have managed to get justice for the appalling attack he suffered and the subsequent theft that has attracted derision from across the world," he added.
The best of luck to Ashraf and may his cowardly attackers rot in hell .....
Old 02-03-2012, 02:05 PM #64

Yes Video Image shown worldwide
Those Punks are Scum
Old 09-03-2012, 02:48 PM #65

Lightbulb London riots: Man jailed for Malaysian student attack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17319146

Quote:
An 18-year-old man has been jailed for seven years for breaking the jaw of a Malaysian student during the London riots.

Ashraf Rossli, 20, had been in the UK for just a month when he was attacked in Barking on 8 August.

At Wood Green Crown Court, Beau Isagba was jailed for assaulting Mr Rossli and stealing his bike.
Good .....
Old 15-03-2012, 11:50 AM #66

Lightbulb London riots: Student Ashraf Rossli's muggers jailed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17380072

Quote:
Two men have been jailed for robbing a Malaysian student as they pretended to help him during the riots in London.

Ashraf Rossli, 20, had been in the UK for just a month when he was attacked on 8 August in Barking, east London.

As he lay injured, John Kafunda and Reece Donovan, of east London, stole items from his bag. Both had been found guilty of robbery and violent disorder.

Kafunda, 22, was jailed for four years and three months and Donovan, 24, received a five-year sentence.
Double-good .....
Old 16-03-2012, 04:23 PM #67

bang them up for a very long time < they are going to spend the rest of there lifes in and out - they need a miricle.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 02:20 PM #68

Question London Riots: Accused Laura Johnson 'raped' before riots

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17512963

Quote:
A student accused of driving around looters during the London riots told a court her mental health was "very bad" because she had been recently raped.

Laura Johnson, of Orpington, south-east London, said she was raped on 14 July and was feeling suicidal on 8 August when she was seen driving in Greenwich.

The 20-year-old also said she had attempted to kill herself six times since breaking up with her boyfriend.
She denies five counts of burglary and three counts of handling stolen goods.
Inner London Crown Court heard that Ms Johnson, a millionaire's daughter, had been a good student, getting 10 GCSEs and four A-levels before going to Exeter University.

When her boyfriend at university split up with her she said she felt suicidal and began self harming. She was prescribed anti-depressants and sleeping pills.
She told the jury that she had made six attempts on her life and on three of those occasions was admitted to hospital.
Ms Johnson said she did not initially report the 14 July rape but told her boyfriend about it.

She said on 8 August when she was out driving during the riots her mental state was "very bad", which meant she was feeling suicidal.

The prosecution alleges she voluntarily drove around three looters - a man known as "T-Man", Alexander Elliott-Joahill, 18, and a 17-year-old and that she stole electronic goods from a store.

T-Man and Elliott-Joahill have pleaded guilty to burglary and handling stolen goods. The 17-year-old, from Catford, admitted one count of burglary but denies two further counts of burglary or handling stolen goods.
Previously the court heard that T-Man was a recent acquaintance of Ms Johnson and that she had gone to meet him to deliver a phone charger.
Ms Johnson told the jury T-Man opened the passenger door through the open window and spoke to her "short and sharply", ordering her to drive. Two others joined him.

One of the occupants, she said, had a large kitchen knife.

She said she was unable to say "no" to them.
The court heard she decided not to leave her car and run as she did not know the area and felt disorientated.
The jury was shown CCTV footage of the car stopping at a petrol station.

The student said when she objected to the car's occupants describing the rioting and looting as the "cause" T-Man put his hand around her neck and jabbed his thumb into her throat.

When she was questioned in court about whether she wanted to take part in the looting she replied "definitely not" saying it was was "personal gain" and not a cause.

The case continues.
The account of her defence sounds like a right cock'n'ball story .....
Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 PM #69

Default Millionaire's daughter Laura Johnson guilty of riots burglary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17586334

Quote:
A millionaire's daughter who drove looters around London during the summer riots has been convicted of burglary.

Laura Johnson, 20, of Orpington, south-east London, had denied the charges, claiming she was acting under duress.

At Inner London Crown Court, the student was also convicted of handling stolen goods - a TV looted from Currys.

She was cleared of stealing and handling cigarettes and drink from a BP garage. The judge warned Johnson she faced a likely jail term.
Bang 'er up .....
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28 PM #70

"Bang 'er up"

Yes I agree
Old 11-04-2012, 03:08 PM #71

Default London riots: Gordon Thompson jailed for Reeves store arson

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17154157
IMO, he should get at least 10 years .....
Quote:
A looter has been jailed for 11-and-a-half years for starting a fire which destroyed a family-run furniture shop in south London in the summer riots.

Following the sentencing Jenny Hopkins from the Crown Prosecution Service said Thompson's "callous actions had recklessly endangered the lives of many innocent people".

Thompson, who has 20 previous convictions, including one for violent robbery, was filmed on mobile phones and by CCTV cameras during the arson, the court heard.
Justice has been served - Thompson can rot while the Reeves family and honest Croyden residents get on with the rest of thie lives .....
Old 17-04-2012, 04:26 PM #72

Lightbulb London riots: Darrell Desuze detained for Richard Bowes killing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17738958

Quote:
A 17-year-old boy has been detained for eight years for the killing of a pensioner during the London riots.

Darrell Desuze, of Bath Road, Hounslow, pleaded guilty at Inner London Crown Court last month to the manslaughter of Richard Mannington Bowes.

Mr Bowes, 68, was punched and fell to the ground as he tried to stamp out a fire in Spring Bridge Road in Ealing, west London, on 8 August.

He suffered brain damage when his head hit the pavement.

Desuze's mother Lavinia Desuze, 31, was jailed for 18 months at the same court for perverting the course of justice.

The judge, Mr Justice Saunders, said he took into account the teenager's previous guilty pleas to burglary and violent disorder at William Hill, Tesco Express, Blockbuster and Fatboys Thai restaurant on the same night.

The judge said Desuze "played a full part in the violence" and could be seen on CCTV smashing windows, looting shops, throwing missiles at police and wheeling rubbish bins into the street so they could be set on fire.

He was caught on camera kicking in the glass doors of a shopping centre before joining a mob that attacked police with missiles.

The judge said most people were afraid to go out, and those caught up in the violence would have been "terrified".

"One person who was not terrified to be out and was not prepared to be forced off the streets was Richard Mannington Bowes."

"The death of Mr Bowes was pointless and unnecessary and it became for the public one of the most, if not the most, shocking event of the riots in London," he said.

Following the sentencing, the Met's Ealing borough commander Det Supt Andy Rowell said: "Mr Mannington Bowes was an innocent man trying to do the decent and honest thing of protecting life and property; tragically he lost his life whilst doing so."

The Crown Prosecution Service's head of homicide for London, Daren Streeter, said: "This case will stand out as one of those which truly sums up the futility of the riots and the devastation that it brought to many of those who live in London."
Another thieving toe-rag will have time to reflect on his now-ruined life .....
Old 25-04-2012, 09:45 PM #73

Thumbs up London riots: Croydon rioter's jail term extended

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17844425

Quote:
A man at the centre of riots in south London last August has had three years added to his jail sentence.

Adam Khan Ahmadzai, 20, of Feltham, west London, was jailed for 48 months in January for violent disorder, robbery, burglary and criminal damage.

The Attorney General Dominic Grieve said the sentence was not tough enough and referred it to the Court of Appeal.

Lord Chief Justice Lord Judge, Mr Justice Openshaw and Mr Justice Irwin agreed, increasing it to seven years.

"These were offences of great seriousness," said Lord Judge.

The attorney general said Ahmadzai was at the "very heart of the looting and rioting" in Croydon on 8 August 2011.

He said Ahmadzai led an attack on a police line, robbed a bus driver and, after arming himself, robbed owners of a shop after they were forced to flee.

The court also heard that Ahmadzai repeatedly attacked and mugged a terrified man at a cash machine where he was acting as if to push a gun into the victim's neck.

He led a gang into a supermarket which he then looted and vandalised before looting a betting shop.

CPS London chief crown prosecutor Alison Saunders said she welcomed the "strong message" that the Court of Appeal had now sent out.

She said: "Adam Khan Ahmadzai was a ringleader during the riots in Croydon and his conviction for 10 offences committed that night shows the extent of his criminality.

"His offences were amongst the most serious which CPS London has prosecuted in relation to the summer riots and this increased sentence reflects that."

Ahmadzai, who used a brick, a wooden and a metal pole, a hammer and a waste bin as weapons, had pleaded guilty after he was seen on CCTV footage and his blood was found on the cash machine.
I'll bet that news spoilt Ahmadzai's day .....
Old 25-04-2012, 09:51 PM #74

lol this thread.

This was when I realised Alex is just a troll.

#Memories

Old 25-05-2012, 04:27 PM #75

Thumbs up Millionaire's daughter Laura Johnson guilty of riots burglary - Jailed

London riots: Millionaire's daughter Laura Johnson jailed

Quote:
A millionaire's daughter who drove looters around London during the 2011 riots has been jailed for two years.

Laura Johnson, 20, of Orpington, south-east London, had denied charges of burglary and handling stolen goods, claiming she was acting under duress.

The trial at Inner London Crown Court heard she chauffeured looters on 8 August last year.

She was convicted of taking goods from a Comet store and handling a stolen television from a Currys outlet.

Passing sentence, Judge Patricia Lees said that, like so many others convicted over the riots, Johnson showed a weaker side to her character because she thought she could get away with it.

She observed that Johnson's reaction to the arrival of the police was to put her foot on the accelerator of her car - despite an officer standing in front of it.

The judge described the student's role in the group's lawbreaking as "pivotal".

Hoodies and bandanas

Jurors were told that Johnson drove several looters around various shops during the height of the riots.

Her passengers jumped from the car wearing hooded tops, bandanas and balaclavas and loaded it with stolen electronic goods.

She was joined in the dock by a teenage boy, who had previously admitted burglary by stealing alcohol and cigarettes from a BP garage in Charlton, south-east London.

He can now be named as Christopher Edwards, 17, after the judge lifted an order banning his identification.
Quote:
She got what she deserved .....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arrest, arson, england, miss, riots, selfridge