Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 21-10-2011, 03:26 PM #26
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
No, I read about this and apparently it is to do with what Chewy said, that people can be made responsible financially if they try to help. (Sounds crazy though)
Yeah this is bloody ridiculous. And it does happen too.

I did my first aid course and was told this during one of my breaks from the person who was teaching us...I remember saying whats the point in learning it if people are going to moan or maybe sue when you use it

I actually got fired once too for helping someone. I worked in the food weigh house...about a week after I started there a woman had an epileptic fit in the middle of the shop, once she stopped moving around so much she was just kinda lying there foaming a bit and I went to put her in the recovery position incase she was sick and choked on it or something, my manager went mental saying I shouldnt touch her etc, proper shouting at me about it, I told her she obviously knew nowt about first aid and did it anyway. She fired me on the spot for ignoring her. When the ambulance came they said I did the right thing. I never got my job back.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 03:37 PM #27
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visage View Post
This is sick and one of the hardest things I've ever had to watch.

I read earlier that the little girl died.
Yes she has.

Yue Yue, the two-year-old Chinese girl run over twice as bystanders watch, dies

By RICHARD HARTLEY-PARKINSON
Last updated at 9:11 AM on 21st October 2011

A Chinese girl run over by two different vehicles and ignored by passersby has died.
In a case that ignited public uproar over an 'immoral modern society', Wang Yue, (also known as Yue Yue) two, died despite efforts of doctors trying to save her life.
Video footage went viral and shocked the world as people tried to make sense of the failure of anyone to do anything while the girl lay, ignored, in the middle of a road.
Scroll down for the video... Warning: Graphic content

Yue Yue was left with horrific brain injuries following the accident and she never recovered

Unaware: Video footage shows the little girl crossing the road at Guangfo Hardware Market, without spotting the van approaching
More than a week after the incident the toddler died from her injuries after what Xinhua news agency described as brain failure.
Both drivers who ran over the girl have been arrested while the video continues to cause anger among those who watch it.

The surveillance footage shows the girl being knocked down by a van in Foshan city in the southern province of Guandong before she is run over.
As she bleeds on the narrow street more than a dozen people walk or cycle past her for the next seven minutes before a second truck runs over her.
Eventually a woman pulls her to the side of the road before her mother, a migrant worker in the city, rushes to see what has happened to her daughter.

Her devastated mother and father are now trying to make some sense of their loss

Yue Yue's parents received donations from across the world to help them pay for hospital treatment
Her death quickly became the most talked about topic on China's version of Twitter, Sina's Weibo.
Gongzai Xiaoben wrote: 'I hope that this little angel who was discarded by society can act as a wake-up call to the nation about the importance of moral education.'
Winter space added: 'Hope you can find some love in heaven. This world is full of apathy.'
Her father had received more than 270,000 yuan ($42,280) to help pay for Wang's medical treatment after receiving donations from across the globe.
Local Communist party chief urged 'searching reflection' over the incident, according to the official Guangzhou Daily.
'Take active and effective steps to raise the moral standards of the entire society,' he told a meeting of province officials.

Injuries: The girl is hit by the van, which fails to stop leaving her lying in the road

Eventually a woman dragged Yue Yue from to the side of the road before her mother arrived on the scene
'We should look into the ugliness in ourselves with a dagger of conscience and bite the soul-searching bullet.'
Many people in China are hesitant to help people who appear to be in distress for fear that they will be blamed.
High-profile lawsuits have ended with good Samaritans ordered to pay hefty fines to individuals they sought to help.
China's economic boom and the growing disparity between the rich and poor have made changing social values a contentious topic, with some lamenting what they see as materialism replacing morals

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1bP09UrpA
spitfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
18, china, girl, ouch, people, run