Notices

The X Factor 2011 UK [S8] Series 8 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Tulisa, Kelly and Louis.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM #1

Default Misha B: Your fault Gary/Kelly NOT Tulisa

Favouritism buried Misha B's X factor. Much criticism levelled at Tulisa for claiming Misha was mean. Well actually that helped her, her fans rallied and she did go through a road to Damascus transformation, I even thought she was a nice girl by the end. The following week was one of the few she escaped sing off.

However, to be continually reminded by certain judges that it was unfair that Misha was perennially bottom rather missed the point that it was the public's decision not theres and was certain to get viewers backs up.

There were other reasons too. Her song choices were frankly shocking. She may have had the best voice ( an opinion which I don't agree with) but to be honest I couldn't always spot a melody amidst the grunts, raps and shouting. I just didn't know what the ****** she was supposed to be singing half the time and to try and spot a tune would have been trying for someone with a music degree.

Then we got the styling, famously the bloody rhino. And she was actually attractive with her hair down. Sorry Kelly you blew it too.

Last edited by stewart64; 05-12-2011 at 09:23 AM.
stewart64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:40 AM #2

Have to congratulate Louis and Brian Adams for spotting that there was talent beyond Misha, in making a case for Amelia Lilly. Had the series shown a degree of balance and given Misha more constructive critism instead of letting her indulge herself, I seriously think she would have been in the final.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:00 AM #3

Let's be serious. She was a genuine contender to win before the bully comments. Say what you want but Tulisa and Louis knew what they were doing and credit to them.

IMO anyway Misha is alot more talented than Amelia but it comes down to preference I guess.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 AM #4
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santon View Post
Let's be serious. She was a genuine contender to win before the bully comments. Say what you want but Tulisa and Louis knew what they were doing and credit to them.

IMO anyway Misha is alot more talented than Amelia but it comes down to preference I guess.
I disagree - lots of people on here were commenting on how cocky she was coming across before Louis and Tulisa picked her up on her flaws - they were just confirming what people were thinking by that point. No doubt they undermined her, but she was never a contender to win.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:04 AM #5

She was 4th fave at the time behind Janet ,Risk and Craig before that performance and comments. I'm not saying she would of won or anything but she definitely had a better chance than she did after those comments.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:05 AM #6
Z

Z

Sure, but she's not the only contestant to have been undermined by the judges this year. They're all at it.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:05 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

To be fair, if it wasn't for Kelly's and Gary's constant overhyping and making Misha B out to be better than pretty much anybody who has been on the show, I might have warmed to her more.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 AM #8
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Misha is very talented, of that there is no doubt.

Very early on - and I mean within about the 2nd show, she came across as very cocky and far too sure of herself given her young age - long before Louis and Tulisa's rant about Misha's bullying. She had that real air of arrogance about her. It then transpired that she was indeed a known bully in her life and at school (bearing in mind, she's not that 'long' out of school life).

However, Louise & Tulisa raising this issue : showed one thing only - that the ones in charge - weren't in charge - otherwise they'd have been able to deal with Misha's behaviour off stage, without having to resort to broadcast it on tv. Not only was it unprofessional -it showed that they couldn't handle Misha - if that was the only way to get her to 'behave'. By 'they' I mean ALL of the judges.

As for any of the judges overhyping her - let's be honest: they overhype the vast majority of acts in the beginning - they have to because they still have a show to run, and have to be 'seen' to have made the correct decision in allowing them through.

I lost count of the times that they told Craig and Janet for example: that they WERE stars, they WERE what they were looking for: they HAD star quality, they WERE recording artists etc. No longer had they said such things before they began circling round and critising both of them. (the latter, correctly because imo, neither of them had anywhere close to the talent that Misha has).

Having talent is one thing: you can afford to be an arrogant and cocky little madam when you've at least made your mark and can rest on your laurels. It's not so easy to carry that off when you are trying to find your way and are starting off. There are too many other talented people out there who are far easier to work with, and far more likeable all round.

Having talent is one thing, but you have to have the likeability factor as well - especially when just starting out. The one person to blame here as far as I can see is Misha herself.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:40 AM #9

I don't care for Misha at all. I feel she is a good performer but attitude an personality are equally important appeal factors as raw talent is. Tulisa took it upon herself to publicly announce Misha's so-called bullying, which in my mind, was an act in itself worthy of the same title, but to a much higher degree.

It's blatantly obvious who the instigator was behind the ensuing hype. Yet, we are now being subjected to comments that we, the public, are unfairly judging the girl. No blame apportioned towards Tulisa, who in my mind has proven herself to be a liability and totally incompetent .
LivT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:51 AM #10
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivT View Post
I don't care for Misha at all. I feel she is a good performer but attitude an personality are equally important appeal factors as raw talent is. Tulisa took it upon herself to publicly announce Misha's so-called bullying, which in my mind, was an act in itself worthy of the same title, but to a much higher degree.

It's blatantly obvious who the instigator was behind the ensuing hype. Yet, we are now being subjected to comments that we, the public, are unfairly judging the girl. No blame apportioned towards Tulisa, who in my mind has proven herself to be a liability and totally incompetent .

Yep: the way the judges have all behaved - Louise, Tulisa and Gary - is as you say, bullying (ie: Misha as well as each other). hell you only need listen to the snipes at Kelly from all 3 of them when Kelly disappeared for 2 wks.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:08 AM #11

Yes, Snowball. I am also going off Gary, rapidly! I know he has had big shoes to fill, sitting in Simon's throne, but he has overstepped the mark in his attempts at handing out constructive critique, and ventured into the boundaries of downright nastiness.

It is becoming very apparent that he has little if no awareness of how to maintain a healthy equilibrium.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 PM #12
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

What was Tulisa's 'banging on the judges table' like the other night. Like a spoilt child not getting their own way........ deary me!

I couldn't move for laughing when every time she tried to give her opinion -she was completely drowned out by the audience .... whether it was a good critique or a bad one: she was always totally drowned out. Best thing for her imo.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 PM #13
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I'm not sure I'm keen on the judges being mentors at all anymore, Ideally, they should have mentors who do only that and a set of impartial judges, or else just go back to the Idol type way of doing it.

It's very unfair on the contestants to have the people who are supposed to be judging them impartially, instead sabotaging them so their own acts go further

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:28 PM #14
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas Neeve View Post
I'm not sure I'm keen on the judges being mentors at all anymore, Ideally, they should have mentors who do only that and a set of impartial judges, or else just go back to the Idol type way of doing it.

It's very unfair on the contestants to have the people who are supposed to be judging them impartially, instead sabotaging them so their own acts go further
That's an incredibly good point - they cannot judge without favouring their own acts, even if they are the worst of the bunch.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:29 PM #15
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
That's an incredibly good point - they cannot judge without favouring their own acts, even if they are the worst of the bunch.
Yep, exactly, didn't Gary even admit at one stage, that he'd lied the week before about thinking Frankies performance was good?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 05-12-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:59 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker Dagger View Post
To be fair, if it wasn't for Kelly's and Gary's constant overhyping and making Misha B out to be better than pretty much anybody who has been on the show, I might have warmed to her more.
Agree with you 100%. You can forgive Kelly, it was her girl; but Gary really over-hyped it.

Gary's criticism of the voting public really didn't help Misha's cause and telling her to be herself.....the raps, the grunts and the styling (I think he preferred the outrageous hair rhino-style) rather than playing it safe didn't help her either.

Perhaps Gary knew he was giving her enough rope to hang herself?

Last edited by stewart64; 05-12-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:06 PM #17
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas Neeve View Post
Yep, exactly, didn't Gary even admit at one stage, that he'd lied the week before about thinking Frankies performance was good?
yes, he did indeed. Proving the very point that you made.

Time we took over these shows !!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
What was Tulisa's 'banging on the judges table' like the other night. Like a spoilt child not getting their own way........ deary me!

I couldn't move for laughing when every time she tried to give her opinion -she was completely drowned out by the audience .... whether it was a good critique or a bad one: she was always totally drowned out. Best thing for her imo.
She wants to appear passionate. She shouldn't let her mind wander - it's far too small to be let out on its own ! And is it me, or do her eyes always look glazed over? I find that hang dog expression and pathetic voice she puts on when she finds herself in a compromising, or difficult situation, quite nauseating !
Old 05-12-2011, 01:12 PM #19
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
She wants to appear passionate. She shouldn't let her mind wander - it's far too small to be let out on its own ! And is it me, or do her eyes always look glazed over? I find that hang dog expression and pathetic voice she puts on when she finds herself in a compromising, or difficult situation, quite nauseating !

I find her voice monotonous and that automatically means I CBA with her.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM #20

She sounds like a train spotter! When people pretend to talk like a train spotter, they put on a strangled voice which sounds a little like the former Prime Minister John Major. (I'm not not certain whether this is an insult to Mr Major, or to train spotters.)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 PM #21
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
She sounds like a train spotter! When people pretend to talk like a train spotter, they put on a strangled voice which sounds a little like the former Prime Minister John Major. (I'm not not certain whether this is an insult to Mr Major, or to train spotters.)
I am a train spotter.

Not !!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 PM #22
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Misha was never going to win... too cocky. I think Tulisa/Louis' call-out benefited her a lot and prolonged her stay personally.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:38 PM #23
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

I don't think she would have won even if Tulisa and Louis hadn't accused of her being a bully live on air but it definitely hindered her chances and I think she would have made the final and been in the bottom two less. They are to blame partly for her exit last night.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:40 PM #24

No offence to train spotters, twitchers, philatelists, and or peeps that listen and sing along to THE Ndubz ( As old Louis calls them )
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 PM #25
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
No offence to train spotters, twitchers, philatelists, and or peeps that listen and sing along to THE Ndubz ( As old Louis calls them )
PMSL.... I hadn't clicked onto that one.... superb !!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fault, gary or kelly, misha, tulisa