Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 AM #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Yellow friends..... christ, is that how you define those who are Oriental or have Far Eastern heritage.

As for you thinking it is not wrong for an adult to deliberately hit any baby/toddler/child around the head ....Jesus... I've read some bizarre comments on this forum, but this probably beats them all.
I think you'll find that my opinion later changed, but kudos to you and Amni for being able to argue your casrs without resorting to name calling.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 PM #77
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I personally don't think what the mother of the baby did was wrong. Sometimes children provoke parents to it - after all, different cultures and backgrounds discipline children in different ways. I'm white, and have been brought up in a white family (obviously) and arguments and shouting at, yes, but that's it. My black and yellow friends have much stricter parents than your typical white does, really. Of course, the poor baby's only...well...a baby, but at least there's discipline there, unless it was a totally unprovoked attack. In which case, I'd agree that she's a vile bitch and had NO right to do any of that.
Quote:
D'you know what, guys. You can throw all the names at me, but I'll definitely stand by what I said. It's a public forum and I'm allowed my views on a topic without being insulted. You don't agree, which is fine, but I'll still stand firmly by what I said
Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^Because, guys, they're your opinions. Personally, I believe in firm disciple - prepared to get an awful lot of flack for it, yeah, but they still won't change. I don't believe in saying "No, that's wrong" and the lot. As I said, if it was random and unprpvoked, she's a horrible woman, but if it was necessary, I believe they should be given very firm discipline. I'm not changing my view on this matter, so you can all throw names and that at me, but I respect your views, so why not let me have mine?
Quote:
Last para. - exactly. People DO turn out differently and I'll stand by what I said. Anyway, that's all I have to say on this, really.
Quote:
To be honest, I have nothing more to say on this, other than what I said before. Honestly. I know how strongly use all feel about this, and I have IMMENSE respect for that, but I honestly don't have anything else to say
Quote:
Disobedience, really. I know the majoroty of you won't agree, but parents do have different levels of tolerance. Maybe I was wrong in saying that was totally fine and perhaos upon hindsight and re-watching that clip the baby dodn't deserve that...BUT parents do have only so much they can cope with and I did say that if it was a random attack she deserves the beating, really, but if the baby was really getting on her nerves ansd she broke down for a few minutes, I can understamd her actions. Maybe some cpunselling for her's needed in that case. But if the baby didn't do owt, I completely get the negative reaction and would have no sympathy for her, either.
Quote:
To be fair, after re-watching it, I was way too harsh, but maybe the mum needs some help, really. That's the only way I can put it. If you don't want to accept, that's entirely up to you. I've said my piece and, to be honest, that may have been well too harsh on the baby.
Quote:
Above posts: changed my mind. I realised I was *bitterly* wrong and I will gladly admit that.

After reading all of your previous posts saying how much you believe in firm discipline, that you didnt' care how harsh your opinion was, repeatedly you said that you weren't changing your stance: I am not convinced that you actually HAVE truly changed your opinion. I'll accept you saying you have, but I'm not entirely sure you have.

Each to their own though. You say you have.

Personally any adult who raises their hands to a baby - needs serious help. The baby is the defenceless one: the adult is meant to be the mature responsible person who is meant to protect the baby from harm: not be there to inflict the harm.

If the mother was reaching frantic levels: she should have removed herself from the situation by whatever means: and not lashed out at the baby.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
baby, beats, chinese, video, woman