Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 19-06-2012, 07:54 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
In days gone by being gay was a sin, well to my generation anyway. Most straight people thought gays were some kind of genetically modified loners with mental issues and they were wrongly hounded and bullied for their gender preferances.

Nowadays it would apear by reading some of these posts, that being straight and offering strong views like Connor did, is somehow wrong. Dont get me wrong I am not saying either is wrong but if it is ok for one gender to speak about their views, is it therefore not also right for the same luxury to be afforded to the other side, whichever it might be.

Political correctness runs both ways and I can understand Connor. He is Irish as I am and we were raised differently in the country. Big cities like Derry, belfast, cork and Dublin have their gay scenes but small villages, especially in Ulster, are still predominantly hetrosexually run and havent yet caught up with the rest of cosmopolitania. I dont think we should lampoon connor for his views the same as we shouldnt lampoon Scott or Luke A for theirs.

I find the shock horror gasp and wtf comments about a seemingly straight males attitude to homosexuality rather underwelming and condecending but thats my opinion only and not designed to rile or impune anyone for their views.
well people used to also believe that blacks were a species of apes and not human and therefore could be used as work animals just like horses and oxen, Sampt.

Just because someone is ignorant doesn't make it okay, and no it's NOT okay to have discriminatory beliefs about other human beings. Ever. And no, religion doesn't make it okay eigther.

Last edited by lostalex; 19-06-2012 at 07:55 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 07:56 AM #27
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

I don't like Conor at all. He sounds a bit homophobic.
Old 19-06-2012, 11:31 AM #28
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
well people used to also believe that blacks were a species of apes and not human and therefore could be used as work animals just like horses and oxen, Sampt.

Just because someone is ignorant doesn't make it okay, and no it's NOT okay to have discriminatory beliefs about other human beings. Ever. And no, religion doesn't make it okay eigther.
Hi Alex, long time no hear, its been a while since you have ripped my views apart. Problem is you make no sence on this one, I never mentioned Blacks, religion or discriminitory beliefs.

I am beginning to think you are becoming a bit of a Trolly bully and by the way I am really really sorry for mentioning you were gay, I thought everyone knew that. I didnt mean to say or post it in any way to bring your persona into disrepute. As I said I have a gay son so I am the last person to bash gays.

I actually wish you could put your prejudices aside as we could become very good friends, lifes too short to argue and bicker, dont you think im right. Ill offer my hand first, lets hope that solves things between us and I may not get anymore infractions for upsetting you when i didnt intend to.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 11:33 AM #29

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Yeah that just shows how ignorant some people can be. Conor fits that laddy stereotype
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 11:44 AM #30

Quote:
Hi Alex, long time no hear, its been a while since you have ripped my views apart. Problem is you make no sence on this one, I never mentioned Blacks, religion or discriminitory beliefs.

I am beginning to think you are becoming a bit of a Trolly bully and by the way I am really really sorry for mentioning you were gay, I thought everyone knew that. I didnt mean to say or post it in any way to bring your persona into disrepute. As I said I have a gay son so I am the last person to bash gays.

I actually wish you could put your prejudices aside as we could become very good friends, lifes too short to argue and bicker, dont you think im right. Ill offer my hand first, lets hope that solves things between us and I may not get anymore infractions for upsetting you when i didnt intend to.

i have no interest in knowing you, i just am tearing apart your argument that it's okay to be discriminatory because of your "culture" sorry but that's not an excuse.

Tradition and Culture is no excuse for bigoted ideas.

"life is too short to bicker about ideas" is what you said?? well i disagree, i'll bicker and argue against bigoted ideas with every breath i have. i don't see what the length of life has to do with proving the truth...

i'm not your enemy. and i've never said a word against you, so i don't understand your assertion that you'd need to extend a "hand of friendship towards me".

i battle ideas not people. If you felt i was ever attacking youpersonally then i apologize, but i think you'll find i never attacked youpersonally in any of my posts, and i never said an unkind word against str8 people. I've never justified any discrimination against str8 people.

Last edited by lostalex; 19-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 19-06-2012, 11:53 AM #31
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
i have no interest in knowing you, i just am tearing apart your argument that it's okay to be discriminatory because of your "culture" sorry but that's not an excuse.

Tradition and Culture is no excuse for bigoted ideas.

"life is too short to bicker about ideas" is what you said?? well i disagree, i'll bicker and argue against bigoted ideas with every breath i have. i don't see what the length of life has to do with proving the truth...

i'm not your enemy. and i've never said a word against you, so i don't understand your assertion that you'd need to extend a "hand of friendship towards me".

i battle ideas not people.
Alex this whole argument has no relevance. you constantly accuse me of things I dont write or say and when offered an olive branch, you spit venom. For the record I am not Homophobic but you seem to be trying your very best to tell everyone you are straighaphobic. What can you gain by this. Live and let live or please leave me alone and find someone else to bully. I am asking you nicely, please dont make me report you.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 11:56 AM #32

Quote:
Alex this whole argument has no relevance. you constantly accuse me of things I dont write or say and when offered an olive branch, you spit venom. For the record I am not Homophobic but you seem to be trying your very best to tell everyone you are straighaphobic. What can you gain by this. Live and let live or please leave me alone and find someone else to bully. I am asking you nicely, please dont make me report you.
i havn't said a word against you, i don't know enuf about you to bully you.

report me if you like, i'm not regretful of anything i've posted.

if you don't believe then report me, and let's let the mods decide. i have no objection to you reporting me if you think i've broken a rule.

Last edited by lostalex; 19-06-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 19-06-2012, 11:57 AM #33

Well said lost alex.

Will sampvt ever be stopped. I'm getting r tired now of the amount of times he has been reported (he even tried to use the board to publicize how un fairly treated he was) and yet he keeps twisting things and being allowed to come back to the board to spread his discriminatory views. and to use the age old tactic of a lot of rude or offensive people to attack the notion of PC values.

I agree PC values are sometimes over the top but rarely most times they are spot on and are merely about having manners and treating others with decency.

Mostly those that attack PC values do it to allow themselves to continue being rude and offensive to other people.

The difference between your views sampvt and the views of others are that you don't listen to advice or information on the subjects you are talking about IE preach from a position of ignorance like Conor and seem determined to just justify your uncomfortableness IE phobia of gay and trans people (gay and trans are completely different did you know that ?)
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 12:01 PM #34

Quote:
It's obvious you are bigoted by the meaning behind the points you constantly make about trans or gay people but you try to play just inside the rules to get away with it.But did you or did you not say in one of your posts the other day that someone was a "gay twot". That proves what Alex and me are saying that you are a bigot
Old 19-06-2012, 12:01 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
Well said lost alex.

Will sampvt ever be stopped. I'm getting r tired now of the amount of times he has been reported (he even tried to use the board to publicize how un fairly treated he was) and yet he keeps twisting things and being allowed to come back to the board to spread his discriminatory views. and to use the age old tactic of a lot of rude or offensive people to attack the notion of PC values.

I agree PC values are sometimes over the top but rarely most times they are spot on and are merely about having manners and treating others with decency.

Mostly those that attack PC values do it to allow themselves to continue being rude and offensive to other people.

The difference between your views sampvt and the views of others are that you don't listen to advice or information on the subjects you are talking about IE preach from a position of ignorance like Conor and seem determined to just justify your uncomfortableness IE phobia of gay and trans people (gay and trans are completely different did you know that ?)
thanks. *hugs and snugs* you get it. <3

Last edited by lostalex; 19-06-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 19-06-2012, 12:08 PM #36

Quote:
thanks. *hugs and snugs* you get it. <3
Thanks hugs back to you, I don't get it what does the <3 mean, or is it just a typo.
Old 19-06-2012, 12:10 PM #37
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

I don't understand how dull Connor isn't up this week. It really baffles me.
Old 19-06-2012, 12:10 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
Thanks hugs back to you, I don't get it what does the <3 mean, or is it just a typo.

lol, it's meant to look like a heart <3

Last edited by lostalex; 19-06-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 19-06-2012, 12:15 PM #39

Quote:
lol, it's meant to look like a heart <3
I see thanks for explaining

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
benedict, conor, reaction, sexuality