Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 31-07-2012, 11:21 AM #1

Default Itching to play weight card for weeks

Thanks to her sister's intervention 'our Beckeh' can now play the fat card.

Becky has been itching to play this for about 6-8 weeks now and imo thought it was going to happen in the barbed food/ diet related convos with Deana. Thankfully Deana was shrewd and didn't go too far so Becky could pounce which she seemed to be itching to do.

Becky always goes on and on about her weight and size. In the pillow fight she called Sara and Ashleigh 'skinny minnies' isn't that an insult? Plus she said after her triumph 'the fat girl always wins'.

During her Letter from Home challenge of cycling she guzzled some cereal and said 'get some obesity down me'.

During turf war she was disgusted at the prospect of losing weight and worried how she would lose weight.

Becky is putting out a very dangerous message to youngster watching. There is an obesity crisis especially amongst teen girls and people from working class homes on poor diets. Becky glorifies poor diet and makes up ditties to fatty food eg Chick Nug Nug song

Becky's stance makes me sick.

Last edited by alex_front2; 31-07-2012 at 12:18 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:28 AM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Yes, you're absolutely right. Now don't get me wrong I don't think it's right to "mock fat people" but I don't think that pointing out that an obese person who does not seem in even the slightest way concerned about why they're that big and is not worried about the consequences of her chosen -and it is her choice- lifestyle, has no respect for their BMI is mocking a fat person, just a factual observation.

It would be like saying a smoker has no respect for their lungs and I say that as a smoker!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:38 AM #3

Favourites:
BB13: Caroline

Favourites:
BB13: Caroline

Spot on! Luke A didn't even nominate the whale either last week
gravity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:40 AM #4

She has no grounds to complain and she has derided Sara Ash n Lauren's figures.

Why is ok for obese people to slag off slim/ healthy people but will play victim if someone so much as labels them fat?
Old 31-07-2012, 11:50 AM #5
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yes, you're absolutely right. Now don't get me wrong I don't think it's right to "mock fat people" but I don't think that pointing out that an obese person who does not seem in even the slightest way concerned about why they're that big and is not worried about the consequences of her chosen -and it is her choice- lifestyle, has no respect for their BMI is mocking a fat person, just a factual observation.

It would be like saying a smoker has no respect for their lungs and I say that as a smoker!
What a great analogy

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:52 AM #6
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Lets face it, the ONLY reason Becky even got in BB was her weight ,Without it shes nothing ,shes now using it again,but it wont work ,nor should it
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:54 AM #7

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:

Well said, she is ignorant for not considering the impact her actions may have outside the house. She should turn all that around into a positive message and get healthy.

Is there a UK Biggest Loser? She should go on that show.
Yayita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:55 AM #8

I fear it will work. Josie Gibson won and alot of her fans worship her PURELY because she's plump. When she lost weight post BB some actually condemned her and said she was a sell-out.

becky is an actress so can milk this in a cynical way. Lukily she's a poor actress so when she started to cry she was actually laughing*

*probably found Luke's one liner funny.

Last edited by alex_front2; 31-07-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 31-07-2012, 11:56 AM #9

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Lets face it, the ONLY reason Becky even got in BB was her weight ,Without it shes nothing ,shes now using it again,but it wont work ,nor should it
Sometimes you are right Chuff ... In her VT all she did was talk about food and said she would kick off over food an was shown eating greesy burgers I recall.
Old 31-07-2012, 11:57 AM #10

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
I fear it will work. Josie Gibson won and alot of her fans worship her PURELY because she's plump. When she lost weight post BB some actually condemned her and said she was a sell-out.

becky is an actress so can milk this in a cynical way. Lukily she's a poor actress so when she started to cry she was actually laughing*

Lukes joke was hilarious, I wouldnt have apologized if I were him.
Old 31-07-2012, 11:58 AM #11

im naturally thin (ive tried my hardest to put a lil bit of weight on) so i get girls calling me a skinny b**ch which goes unpunished and seems acceptable, while overweight people who bring it on themselves (with the exception of those with medical problems) play the "out of order card" and totally unacceptable. im really glad a few people who have commented on this thread has pointed that out.
jemlou29 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 12:06 PM #12
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:
She has no grounds to complain and she has derided Sara Ash n Lauren's figures.

Why is ok for obese people to slag off slim/ healthy people but will play victim if someone so much as labels them fat?

I agree totally. I was always the tallest and skinniest in school and everyone (including parents and teachers) used to mock me all the time. But the skinny girls are just supposed to grin and bear it even though most of the time they have absolutely no control over it and the constant reminder about how skinny you are and can be hurtful and lead to bad body image. It's ridiculous that you can't say anything to self-inflicted fat people just in case you hurt their feelings. Why? They choose to be that size and they choose not to do anything about it when they become obese.

Becky has complete control over her weight and revels in the fact that she is so over weight and talks non-stop about food. Nearly all of her nominations have been about food or have had a food connotation to them. So playing the hurt fat card trick will kill off any slim chance she had of scraping through this weeks eviction.

Her sister failed her badly by trying to play this card to win her votes and Becky is being an idiot for going along with it (it was clearly a set up as she has made jokes about her weight to most in there since entering and being the "fat chick" was one of her self-promotions for getting into the house in the first place). Had she turned the other cheek and laughed about it (as she has done up until now) she would have probably won more votes over Ashleigh.

Massive Fail. Bye bye Becky!
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 12:07 PM #13

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

I am shocked that yet again BB has seen fit to allow information (Luke A's comment re Becky's BMI) to be fed back into the house via her sister. I wonder if all Friends/Family were given the same platform to update their relative on the goings on ie who said what to whom... Otherwise this is yet another example of BB changing the rules to suit their own agenda.This is why this series of BB is receiving a large amount of criticism.

However,notwithstanding Becky's feigned outrage I felt Luke should have stood firm and defended his comment, not run into the diary room and start crying and apologising to everybody.

Maybe he realised (a bit like Like s with the Peter Andre/Katie Price comment) that he had crossed the line and had left himself open to being "Fattist" which in turn would allow Becky to play the fat card. so maybe he was trying a bit of damage limitation.

I still think he will survive on Friday and will most probably get to the Final....!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 12:15 PM #14

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:

she has been playing the fat card all along anyway. just now she's going to use it big time. pardon the pun lol.
disgrace of human being. she gives overweight people a bad name ,most want to lose to weight not have some bitchy lump trying to be a spokeperson for them. so they get ridiculed.
she will be out friday, it better be a double eviction i hope it is certain
Old 31-07-2012, 12:15 PM #15
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:

Meh.

Josie also had that fauxmance with JJ (the spoilt brat David Beckham wannabe) which helped keep her in the house. Plus she wasn't such a let down the minute she entered the house like Becky has been. Seriously don't think you can compare and viewers can only be fooled once by the fake fat chick!
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 12:17 PM #16
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayita View Post
Sometimes you are right Chuff ... In her VT all she did was talk about food and said she would kick off over food an was shown eating greesy burgers I recall.
Its all she has to offer
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 12:18 PM #17

Like I said elsehwere I don't want an obese HM to feel depressed or miserable. However, i do think people need to be accountable and honest about their size as an issue. If Becky had said 'I know im overweight and need to lose 2 stone but I am too lazy' I wouldn't mind but she's openly resisting weight lost and revelling in being fat. Loads of teens will identify with Becky she is 19.

Becky could have used BB as a fat camp, she has all the tools to help her:
- No access to shops and a shopping budget controlled by Luke S and A.
- She could have followed Luke S diets and get Conor to help her with a training routine - he's a fitness instructor
- Maybe have Deana, Lauren and Arron help her do some fun fighting and karate workouts.

But no she turns her nose up at excersise (both in terms of excercising her body and brain) and stuff fatty crap in her gob. The worst thing was trying to oust Deana from doing the budget as it was slowing Becky down from reaching DR (only time you will see Becky move is when she's dashing to the food pantry and then she will beat Usain Bolt).

Dave the Awful Monk from BB11 did an amazing thing when he lost weight.

Last edited by alex_front2; 31-07-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:20 PM #18

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

josie was a lovely person a bit overweight who wanted to lose it people could identify wth her and they liked her personality. i liked her never saw her as anything else but nice.
becky is obese with a dont care about anyone or anythingattitude a ignorant disgusting bitchy cow no redeming qualities in her personality at all.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:23 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
josie was a lovely person a bit overweight who wanted to lose it people could identify wth her and they liked her personality. i liked her never saw her as anything else but nice.
becky is obese with a dont care about anyone or anythingattitude a ignorant disgusting bitchy cow no redeming qualities in her personality at all.
I never liked Josie (nasty to Caoimhe - never saying goodbye) and excusing her bitching as she was on her period (for 8 weeks!!) Plus ruining the show with her showmance.

Anyway when Josie lost weight her DS fans went into melt down, some insulted her. My point in being overweight is a selling point in a HMs likeability.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:28 PM #20

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Thanks to her sister's intervention 'our Beckeh' can now play the fat card.

Becky has been itching to play this for about 6-8 weeks now and imo thought it was going to happen in the barbed food/ diet related convos with Deana. Thankfully Deana was shrewd and didn't go too far so Becky could pounce which she seemed to be itching to do.

Becky always goes on and on about her weight and size. In the pillow fight she called Sara and Ashleigh 'skinny minnies' isn't that an insult? Plus she said after her triumph 'the fat girl always wins'.

During her Letter from Home challenge of cycling she guzzled some cereal and said 'get some obesity down me'.

During turf war she was disgusted at the prospect of losing weight and worried how she would lose weight.

Becky is putting out a very dangerous message to youngster watching. There is an obesity crisis especially amongst teen girls and people from working class homes on poor diets. Becky glorifies poor diet and makes up ditties to fatty food eg Chick Nug Nug song

Becky's stance makes me sick.
Don't forget she said Chris was a fat ugly blob.

I wish BB would play that into the house during one of those tasks.

Especially as she's trying to milk sympathy over the BMI comment.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:33 PM #21

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I never liked Josie (nasty to Caoimhe - never saying goodbye) and excusing her bitching as she was on her period (for 8 weeks!!) Plus ruining the show with her showmance.

Anyway when Josie lost weight her DS fans went into melt down, some insulted her. My point in being overweight is a selling point in a HMs likeability.
yeah it is a selling point but hopefully people wont buy what becky is selling. personality matters more huh!
Old 31-07-2012, 12:42 PM #22
0_o

0_o

Quote:

Exactly. Perfect analogy
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
becky, card, itching, play, weeks, weight