Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM #26

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Old 11-08-2012, 09:45 AM #27

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

id say its one of the best finals ever if not the best.

you have all 3 outsiders all of who'm have been targeted by the bully brigade and survived . so any one of those wins is a victory for good over evil.
sara is a nice person, luke s shouldn't be there but he is the best of a very bad bunch that went.
no one knows for certian who will win which makes it a great final.

i would of liked scott to be left in there still for the final and not of been a double eviction but you can blame bb for that for making luke s win the pass and for conor getting 50k otherwise he would of gone instead

Last edited by smeagol; 11-08-2012 at 09:46 AM.
smeagol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM #28
-

-

It will be a great final for me. Adam, Deana and Luke A are all deserving winners, so I will be content with any of them taking the prize. If Deana pulls it out the bag though
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM #29
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Tom
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Tom

I think this has been one of worst series ever, due to house predominantly populated by teenage thick as a bricko's. If it continues like this I don't think I can bare watching in future. Either that or the editing was so bad due to producers obsession with bitching. At the end of the day this was the only series not to have any walkers. So it can't have been that unpleasant in there, yet it looked like a hell hole due to backstabbing numptiness.
Big Brother Cartoons uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM #30

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

It's deana's parents who have the servants, it is NOT deana's decision.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Yes, Conor will be remembered for being vile and a cheat, and rightly so.

Deana will be remembered for being the recipient of Conor's vile rant and gaining huge sympathy votes no matter what her subsequent negative actions were... and not gaining votes purely on her own merit.
I will remember Deana for confronting Conor and Luke S; I think it is her assertiveness that makes her stand out. It should be remembered that she is still unaware of what Conor said but I wonder how surprised she'll be, given how nasty he was to her through the series. I'm amazed that you feel she's not getting votes ‘on her own merit’; the status of the 'outsiders' has been defined by being underdogs and voters love an underdog. The majority ‘insiders’ were vile generally, but especially to the ‘insiders’, so there has been a clear divide between the good guys and the bad guys.
halfacrown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:38 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Yeah and im sure she treats them with loads of respect cause she doesn't seem the vindictive type at all

Also she is a successful minor celeb in India, she is plenty rich on her own doesnt need her parents. Point is just the way she speaks to and treats Adam and Luke (her 'friends') you can tell she clearly would have no respect for her staff. Girls been expelled from 4 schools that doesn't happen by being nice and having integrity and morals now does it.
RodHull is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:04 PM #33

Quote:
After what started out as one of the best BB has ended up with one of the worst finals. Much as I like Adam, Luke A, Luke S and Sara, they could never be described as 'entertaining' in the true sense of the word nor will any of them go down in BB history as one of the 'greats'.
As for Deana, who I dislike, if she wins it will be by default. Conor started the ball rolling for her and got her noticed so that every slight against her from then on had her marked as a poor victim and gained her a devoted fanbase. Some people don't like to think they are wrong so no matter how she conducted herself after that they block it out, justify her behaviour and vote vote vote to prove they were not mistaken about her. But without that story, she was really a boring, lazy HM who just happened to get the spotlight centred around her. So again, not a 'great' HM in her own right, and as I said before, is in the final by default.
'If only' are sad words - but if only Lauren, or Benedict, or Lydia, or Chris or Arron for example had been given the chance to show us more of who they were and had gone much further we would have had a final worthy of the promise of the launch.
Out of the ones we have left, the best of the bunch - Scott - has gone. To me, he was the only one left who deserved to win - and he came out to rapturous cheers. While others still in the house are booed!!! The whole thing is skewed, and a total farce....
Instead of taking it week by week and evaluating the HM's people seem to latch on to one person and stick to them stubbornly and justify their actions no matter what they are. That's human nature, I suppose, but it doesn't give us a true and worthy winner who really DESERVES it.
Such a good post and so true.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 PM #34

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

I think the final 3 days are going to be pretty boring, as there is nothing more going to happen in this show other than a comfortable 2/3 days for the HM to reminisce about their time in the house and discuss their future plans after they leave. With the BOTS show in the garden the other night and the degree of "contact" with the outside world the HM could be forgiven for thinking the show had actually ended.

I said in an earlier post that it would turn into a 3 day love-in but what I'm noticing now is that the remaining HM are using the airtime left to them to try and "connect" with the public. They suddenly seem to be having mini breakdowns or heart to heart chats in the diary room. So I guess in answer to my initial post question this is indeed how the HM are upping their game, by trying to sell their backstory to the public and try and connect with them on an emotional level.

Still too close to call....
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 PM #35

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

Well if all the most boring ones like Sara, Ashleigh, Luke S and Conor (by far the most boring first week, so should've gone then) didn't nominate the best ones that have gone like Lauren, Benedict, Lydia and Chris, then that would be a massive help.

The final could've been really dull like:

Ashleigh
Luke S
Sara
Scott
Conor

Thank **** it's only two and not all five. Funny also because the likes of Caroline, Rebecca and Conor are also disgusted by the final, but again did they nominate the likes of Ashleigh, Sara and Luke S every week? Correct, the answer is no.

I have said it many times, but more housemates need to be up to give us more chance of getting the bores out early on by not voting to save them. If the nominations system stays, then the best housemates will continue to be up against one another in future series.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 PM #36

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ash
UBB: Victor

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ash
UBB: Victor

Quote:
After what started out as one of the best BB has ended up with one of the worst finals. Much as I like Adam, Luke A, Luke S and Sara, they could never be described as 'entertaining' in the true sense of the word nor will any of them go down in BB history as one of the 'greats'.
As for Deana, who I dislike, if she wins it will be by default. Conor started the ball rolling for her and got her noticed so that every slight against her from then on had her marked as a poor victim and gained her a devoted fanbase. Some people don't like to think they are wrong so no matter how she conducted herself after that they block it out, justify her behaviour and vote vote vote to prove they were not mistaken about her. But without that story, she was really a boring, lazy HM who just happened to get the spotlight centred around her. So again, not a 'great' HM in her own right, and as I said before, is in the final by default.
'If only' are sad words - but if only Lauren, or Benedict, or Lydia, or Chris or Arron for example had been given the chance to show us more of who they were and had gone much further we would have had a final worthy of the promise of the launch.
Out of the ones we have left, the best of the bunch - Scott - has gone. To me, he was the only one left who deserved to win - and he came out to rapturous cheers. While others still in the house are booed!!! The whole thing is skewed, and a total farce....
Instead of taking it week by week and evaluating the HM's people seem to latch on to one person and stick to them stubbornly and justify their actions no matter what they are. That's human nature, I suppose, but it doesn't give us a true and worthy winner who really DESERVES it.
I agree with joey, realy good post, agree with everything you said.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 PM #37
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

Entertaining people never make the final. Okay. We live in a country full of wankers who find people like Caroline and Arron dull.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 PM #38

A great end to a rubbish series spoilt by the vile , bitchy, foul mouth insiders
Just one thing left

For LUKE S..............BYE.BYE
rocket is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:37 PM #39
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

It's a brilliant final. People keep going on about the entertaining people being gone, but none of them would've had a shot in hell of winning anyway except for maybe Lauren or Benedict. Yes people like Sara and Adam and Luke S weren't the most entertaining this series, but at least they are likable for the most part.

Last edited by iRyan; 12-08-2012 at 09:40 PM.
iRyan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfacrown View Post
Deana, or any of the others, will only win if they are the most popular with the public: fact. Apart from cheating and lying his way to Ł50K, Conor will be remembered for his vile comments about Deana. Instead of walking, Conor could have been true to his word and tried to win BB by staying, but he clearly didn't think he could do it.
It was a no brainer. 50K if he went against a maybe.
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:26 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty07 View Post
Well if all the most boring ones like Sara, Ashleigh, Luke S and Conor (by far the most boring first week, so should've gone then) didn't nominate the best ones that have gone like Lauren, Benedict, Lydia and Chris, then that would be a massive help.

The final could've been really dull like:

Ashleigh
Luke S
Sara
Scott
Conor

Thank **** it's only two and not all five. Funny also because the likes of Caroline, Rebecca and Conor are also disgusted by the final, but again did they nominate the likes of Ashleigh, Sara and Luke S every week? Correct, the answer is no.

I have said it many times, but more housemates need to be up to give us more chance of getting the bores out early on by not voting to save them. If the nominations system stays, then the best housemates will continue to be up against one another in future series.
The problem is housemates will always nom the people they see as a threat. This year was spoilt by the nomination talk. In future anyone who discusses noms should automatically be up for nomination. That would put an end to that.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:30 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
When my friend lived in India she had a servant who looked after her as a child and she had the greatest respect for her. She said she was like her second mother. Not all families treat their 'servants' as slaves.
Old 13-08-2012, 12:23 AM #43

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

I tend to agree with Jet about one thing in particular. Deana was spotlighted once Conor had the vicious rant about her. Her popularity and chances of winning shot up. Remember Shilpa Shetty. When she went into celebrity big brother she had very little HOPE of winning as nobody had a notion who the hell she was. She was from a priviledged life much like Deana. Then the Jade incident spotlighted Shilipa made her very popular with the general public and eventually she won the series. I dont honestly think she deserved it and I dont think Deana does. They are both very nice girls and they should never have been bullied in any way but as housemates neither had or has winners qualities. I truly hope Deana doesnt win. I want Luke A or Sara to win. And I wouldnt have PICKED any of the former housemates with the exception of Scott to be in the final. I would swap Luke S for him any day but all the other eliminated housemates deserved to be booted out INCLUDING Lauren who was a tease and a moaner.
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 12:29 AM #44

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
It's a brilliant final. People keep going on about the entertaining people being gone, but none of them would've had a shot in hell of winning anyway except for maybe Lauren or Benedict. Yes people like Sara and Adam and Luke S weren't the most entertaining this series, but at least they are likable for the most part.
Yes, but we want someone to win who is likable AND entertaining. We didn't get to see enough of Chris, or Arron or Lydia or Benedict for example (who were entertaining) to know if they were ultimately more likable as the series unfolded.
Lauren was entertaining and mostly likable (though she had her faults) and she was picked on as much as - if not more so than Deana - by the Insiders, but she didn't play the victim card nor turn into a bitch herself as Deana did. Therefore it seems it was only Conor's rant that got Deana such huge support, no matter how boring she was or how bitchy she became. I mean, apart from being picked on, how entertaining or likable is she really? Is she a worthy winner in her own right? IMO, no, - far from it.

The Outsiders actually became more bitchy than the remaining Insiders once Caroline and Becky were gone. But by then the support for them was entrenched and people automatically voted for them no matter what the circumstances were, which is all wrong.
So to me this series has seen the best start and the worst ending - dominated by misguided loyalties and sheer bloody minded stubborness.

Last edited by jet; 13-08-2012 at 12:32 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
anti, bb, climax, dreadful, ends