Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:47 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
Default These paragons of virtue have a cheek to target Julie...

Who do they think they are?
The boys plotted and schemed to get the younger girls 'the titties' out of the house, (and succeeded) yet Julie talks to Harvey about noms and she is vilified. Their hypocrisy is mind blowing. They aren't exactly paragons of virtue themselves.
Colleen talks behind Julies back to anyone who will listen and she whines and moans and is so self absorbed in is unreal. If she had to put up with what Julie has had to these last few days she would be a total wreck in floods of tears and cornering everyone for sympathy.
Martin is a snake - the biggest game player in there. He is everyone's friend, and never commits himself. He is also two faced. He tells the boys to 'watch out' for Julie influencing them when he was saying the exact same things Julie was saying - but not to their faces. That was his move to get his biggest competition (Julie) in the firing line. And he's so BORING.

As for Julie - she can be a bitch, but she is entertaining and has been the same from Day One. I agree with the guy on BOTS who said Julie is not playing a game and that she just lives from moment to moment. I have thought that all along. A lot of elderly women (I know quite a few!) have a way of cutting through the bull**** - they want to be nice to people but they've experienced a lot and they aren't up for 'games'. She's funny, strong and totally unique.
She doesn't whine or cry or try to get anyone's sympathy. She takes it on the chin and carries on being her usual feisty self. You have to admire her for that.

And Julian - he's the WINNER. No explanation required.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The boys plotted and schemed to get the younger girls 'the titties' out of the house, (and succeeded) yet Julie talks to Harvey about noms and she is vilified. Their hypocrisy is mind blowing. They aren't exactly paragons of virtue themselves.
Colleen talks behind Julies back to anyone who will listen and she whines and moans and is so self absorbed in is unreal. If she had to put up with what Julie has had to these last few days she would be a total wreck in floods of tears and cornering everyone for sympathy.
Martin is a snake - the biggest game player in there. He is everyone's friend, and never commits himself. He is also two faced. He tells the boys to 'watch out' for Julie influencing them when he was saying the exact same things Julie was saying - but not to their faces. That was his move to get his biggest competition (Julie) in the firing line. And he's so BORING.

As for Julie - she can be a bitch, but she is entertaining and has been the same from Day One. I agree with the guy on BOTS who said Julie is not playing a game and that she just lives from moment to moment. I have thought that all along. A lot of elderly women (I know quite a few!) have a way of cutting through the bull**** - they want to be nice to people but they've experienced a lot and they aren't up for 'games'. She's funny, strong and totally unique.
She doesn't whine or cry or try to get anyone's sympathy. She takes it on the chin and carries on being her usual feisty self. You have to admire her for that.

Hear hear.
Truth Teller is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 PM #3

You are to brilliant posts, what Julie is to Alzheimer's.
ConnieLingus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:53 PM #4

The OP is definitely watching a different CBB to me.
Silent Scream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:54 PM #5
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:

What a good post

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:19 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLingus View Post
You are to brilliant posts, what Julie is to Alzheimer's.
Well, your own comments on Julie aren't exactly saintlike:

……Ugly…. A face like a wrinky arse…. Myra Hindley MK2 …a demented old ****** wit…common as muck…. a ******ing moron… a disgusting cow. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I’m wondering what exactly does she say that bothers you?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 AM #7
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Well said OP!

Martin is the biggest snake in there, followed by that bitter hag Coleen
Old 03-09-2012, 12:33 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Well said OP!

Martin is the biggest snake in there, followed by that bitter hag Coleen
How is Martin a snake? All he's done is clued up the two imbeciles (Harvey and Ashley) to Julie's ****-stirring and nastiness. He was perfectly right to do so.

What he hasn't done (up till now) is nominate Julie, I hope he has this time. He's not a snake he's a coward. Spineless.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 AM #9
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
How is Martin a snake? All he's done is clued up the two imbeciles (Harvey and Ashley) to Julie's ****-stirring and nastiness. He was perfectly right to do so.

What he hasn't done (up till now) is nominate Julie, I hope he has this time. He's not a snake he's a coward. Spineless.
Martin is a snake because he has flitted from group to group bitching about Julie bitching! Rather ironic eh? He has been carefully dripping the poison in such a way as to not make him look bad & to get everyone to nominate Julie who he obviously sees as his biggest threat to him winning... Half of what Julie says is tongue in cheek anyway, but he has been making out that he thinks she's being serious, when he knows full well she is just doing it for a laugh or for banter & when he's with her HE bloody laughs at what she says & agrees most of the time too!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Martin is a snake because he has flitted from group to group bitching about Julie bitching! Rather ironic eh? He has been carefully dripping the poison in such a way as to not make him look bad & to get everyone to nominate Julie who he obviously sees as his biggest threat to him winning... Half of what Julie says is tongue in cheek anyway, but he has been making out that he thinks she's being serious, when he knows full well she is just doing it for a laugh or for banter & when he's with her HE bloody laughs at what she says & agrees most of the time too!
Exactly. Martin agrees in a non - committal way with everyone he talks to. He is the biggest fence sitter we have seen in any series in a long time - but in his sneaky, understated manner he has especially gone out of his way to put Julie in the firing line.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 AM #11

Quote:
She's doing it for laugh or banter? Are you for real?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:02 AM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

He's a snake AND a coward. He slithers about spreading his poison whilst appearing genial and agreeable to everyone and never having an opinion without preceding it with ...I really like so and so, but....
Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 AM #13

Quote:
Exactly. Martin agrees in a non - committal way with everyone he talks to. He is the biggest fence sitter we have seen in any series in a long time - but in his sneaky, understated manner he has especially gone out of his way to put Julie in the firing line.
There was nothing sneaky or understated about it. He said in no uncertain terms what he thought of Julie. What I object to is he didn't have the balls to back it up with a nomination until the crowd turned on Julie.

He's a spineless twat.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:07 AM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A lot of it is banter - she wants to entertain us. That's how she is. Her best friend said as much in an interview early on. She's a legend.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 AM #15
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I agree with your points about Coleen, the boys and Julie herself, but I don't think Martin's been a snake. I think he's done pretty much the same as Julie throughout the series - just taken each "argument" as an event that doesn't matter in the long term and isn't bothered with trying to form packs (see Team H.A.M.) or play games. I think he's a genuinely nice guy surrounded by idiots in an extreme environment.

Coleen needs to get a grip and confront Julie rather than play the victim card, and I hope to god she doesn't win because of it because it'd be a tired routine. On the other hand she has funny moments and is a nice person, so I'd be happy for her to do well.

But I just think people on here need to find themselves a hate figure for every series and it's quite boring and arbitrary. They feed their bile and hatred (and it really is sickening hatred, because I'm sick to the teeth of comments about her age and appearance) with the flimsiest of excuses (she... says things behind other people's backs? OH WELL HALT ALL HUMANITY'S PROGRESS)

It's boring, it's boring, shut up, she's just a person, grow up.

-walks off, rambling on-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 AM #16
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Most of it she is yes, she is quite clearly saying bitchy things & she may well mean a lot of what she is saying, but it is obviously done in a jokey banterish way...
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 AM #17

Quote:
Most of it she is yes, she is quite clearly saying bitchy things & she may well mean a lot of what she is saying, but it is obviously done in a jokey banterish way...
So it's okay for her, in your words to 'mean' the things she is saying which are vile and nasty and hurt people because she does it in a jokey way?

Haha, I'm getting the hang of it now.

Jesus wept.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 AM #18
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
So it's okay for her, in your words to 'mean' the things she is saying which are vile and nasty and hurt people because she does it in a jokey way?

Haha, I'm getting the hang of it now.

Jesus wept.
Clearly you don't get that sort of humour...

Jesus wept.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There was nothing sneaky or understated about it. He said in no uncertain terms what he thought of Julie. What I object to is he didn't have the balls to back it up with a nomination until the crowd turned on Julie.

He's a spineless twat.
It was sneaky. Julie didn't like what the girls were doing with the boys and had previously said so to the boys.
Martin was sitting in the room with his headphones on in the God's task saying how the girls were 'playing the boys' and how 'nobody should be treated like that' and doing the 'fishing rod' thing about Danica reeling the Prince in.
After the task Martin goes out and warns the boys about Julie stirring it up with them over the girls. He thought exactly the same as Julie, but instead of saying so he sneakily warned them not to listen to her, that she was stirring.
That's fact. It's there in the vids for anyone to see.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 AM #20

Quote:
Clearly you don't get that sort of humour...

Jesus wept.
Vindictive character assassination and blatant lies from one person to the next is humour? You're right. I don't get it. I'm missing out.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:26 AM #21

Quote:
It was sneaky. Julie didn't like what the girls were doing with the boys and had previously said so to the boys.
Martin was sitting in the room with his headphones on in the God's task saying how the girls were 'playing the boys' and how 'nobody should be treated like that' and doing the 'fishing rod' thing about Danica reeling the Prince in.
After the task Martin goes out and warns the boys about Julie stirring it up with them over the girls. He thought exactly the same as Julie, but instead of saying so he sneakily warned them not to listen to her, that she was stirring.
That's fact. It's there in the vids for anyone to see.
Julie said EXACTLY the same thing to the girls. She told them she loved them. She told Jasmine she was her mother in the house ffs. She told EVERYBODY what they wanted to hear. Insincere, lying manipulative cold-hearted bitch.

It's there in the vids for anyone to see
Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 AM #22
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Vindictive character assassination and blatant lies from one person to the next is humour? You're right. I don't get it. I'm missing out.
You mean humourous comments about other housemates & deliberate exaggeration, yes I find it hilarious!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Julie said EXACTLY the same thing to the girls. She told them she loved them. She told Jasmine she was her mother in the house ffs. She told EVERYBODY what they wanted to hear. Insincere, lying manipulative cold-hearted bitch.

It's there in the vids for anyone to see
Julie lives moment to moment and how she feels at the time. She isn't sincere with everyone, but there is nothing to indicate she is either manipulative or cold hearted.
Martin is the manipulative one. He pretends to agree with everyone whilst sneakily planting seeds behind their backs.
I know which one I would rather trust, and it isn't Mr. Goody Two Shoes.
Besides, Julian likes Julie, and that's another plus in her favour for me.

Last edited by jet; 03-09-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:39 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You mean humourous comments about other housemates & deliberate exaggeration, yes I find it hilarious!
I know! She's a hoot!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:40 AM #25

Quote:
I hope for two things. One, that we don't fall out over this (I'm new to the forum) and two, you never run into someone like her in real life. I don't think you'll be amused when all your friends turn against you and you don't know why.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cheek, julie, paragons, target, virtue