Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 05-02-2002, 01:55 PM #26

It is certainly frustrating that they are not taking advantage of Helens bubbly personality. When you compare Helen to the (boring) hair stylists they have found somewhere out of the wood work. There is simply no competition. For what it is worth I think I will email lorrain@sky right now......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 02:52 PM #27

Quote:
Originally posted by Romantic old bird
She looked relaxed and happy, and she kept that ring on all the time, even when her hands and fingers were massaged.
That was good of them to include a good hand with ring shot - just for you I'm sure!
Quote:
On the plus side, Helen did nod off again. She was actually doing the baby suck reflex thing, all that was missing was the dummy! She is an incredibly relaxed person isn't she? I'm sure she'll cope with whatever fate holds in store for her.
Typical! Here we are fretting about her future in television and she's dozing. I bet Paul couldn't care less if we never got a bum shot of him again either!
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 05:40 PM #28

I'm beginning to despair of ever seeing Helen or Paul on anything worth watching ever again. I'm sick of Lorraine's show, it is the most boring dross most of the time, and I HAVE to tape it every single day now, in the increasingly forlorn hope that she will ever be allowed to appear in the studio or have anything natural or interesting to say. I know we have Paul on Night Fever two weeks running to look forward to, but it's not enough. He can move his tush on Night Fever but I'd like to hear him speak as well! It seems inevitable that Helen's days on Lorraine are coming to an end. They don't seem to have a clue what to do with her. These constant facials are just ridiculous and make her appear braindead. Well, that's my rant over. By the way I emailed Lorraine's show on Sky and got a reply from someone at GMTV. What is the connection between the two shows, does anyone know?
peachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 05:50 PM #29

It's the same studio, production company and presumably staff. What did they say in the email? We definitely need to get our ideas for Helen together and send them in. I don't think anyone is going to contribute any more to the thread on TBB. I'll have a look at is, and maybe copy some of them across here in case there's some additional inspiration.

Also - 2 Night Fevers in a row with PC? Brilliant - I thought we were just getting one. That's cheered me up
Old 07-02-2002, 03:45 PM #30

Peachy.

How long did you have to wait for a reply? I have e-mailed and had no reply to-date!

Was the reply informative in any way?
Old 07-02-2002, 06:00 PM #31

I emailed Lorraine weeks and weeks ago, when there was a thread on TBB about Helen being wasted on the show. I sent a great long rambling effort praising the show and saying I'd like to see more of helen. The email I got back on Wednesday was a little odd, it didn't answer anything. I've copied and pasted it for you. I think it was sent to me by mistake. This is all it said:
It has been brought to my attention that Ife has been receiving E-mails from
Lorraine SKY viewers via yourself.

Please could you remove her from your list and from now forward E-mails to
myself for response.

Many thanks
Marion

Any ideas on what this means anyone?
Old 07-02-2002, 08:52 PM #32

Cryptic!!!

Did marion! give a different e-mail address to that which you sent yours?
Old 08-02-2002, 10:24 AM #33

Suffice it to say Marian has had another email from me!

Anyway, today's Lorraine.
She wasn't on, and I didn't watch it but just went to look on tape at her announcements for next week. Apparently someone called Natasha Kaplinsky, a Sky newsreader, is covering for Lorraine next week, which is a Valentine's special.

Then Lorraine really caused my heart to skip a beat when she said...............

'and Helen and Paul will be out helping couples and playing cupid!'

Then I realised she probably meant Paul Tompkinson..............................

Still, at least Helen's on!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 05:27 PM #34

Sorry I meant to include the email for 'Marion'. Her name is Marion.Waldorf@gmtv.co.uk
Old 11-02-2002, 04:59 PM #35

OK, today, as we suspected, she was on with Paul Tonkinson doing a sort of 'Streetmate' in Covent Garden.

Helen was quite bubbly and funny. The girl she picked had obviously just asked H about P (in my opinion) when the scene returned to her. Helen said 'Now, let's find YOU the man of YOUR dreams!'

Then the couple were in the studio minus Helen and Paul T, for the foppish Mark Hill to do over the hair instead of our Helen! Why?

I don't think she's on tomorrow, but Paul T is getting a colonic irrigation! Good organisation Helen, stick to the facials girlfriend!

Now for all you other old girls out there, this colonic irrigation sounds a lot like one of those soap and water enemas they used to give before childbirth!

Now, I can't do any of the Lorraine watches until Friday, so please, one of you make sure it's all taped just in case we get that on air proposal on Valentines Day!
Old 12-02-2002, 08:53 AM #36

Helen was on again today.

Some young girls had won the opportunity to perform a dance routine at the premiere of 'Cinderella 2' and Helen was helping them to learn their dance routine.

It was a really perfect thing for her to do and she was very enthusiastic and looked as though she was really enjoying it.

The girls were called 'The Glitter Girls' so of course our Helen had to help them get all sparkly for the performance.

She then went around asking various celebrity guests what they thought of the girls performance, and finally we saw her in the studio trying to teach the woman who was standing in for Lorraine (I should know her name, but I can't remember it) how to do the dance routine.

It's the first time I've been in when she's been on for ages and I thought she did really well. Let's hope that she's on for a long time to come and that the end of this month isn't the end of her contract.

LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 09:24 AM #37

I agree with Lee Helen was really good today and best of all was live in the studio and on the sofa at the top of the show as she always used to be. She looked really good and happy and was on a lot. I felt a little encouraged that perhaps her contract is not going to end. I remember that she started on the show the day the children went back to school in September. If she had a six month contract with the show I would have thought it would have ended by now. Do you think I'm right? Im going to email Lorraine's show and tell them I liked them using the regulars more this week, especially helen, of course. Will anyone else who has the time do the same? If they get some positive feedback it might encourage them to use her more.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:02 AM #38

Quote:
Originally posted by Romantic old bird
Helen was quite bubbly and funny. The girl she picked had obviously just asked H about P (in my opinion) when the scene returned to her. Helen said 'Now, let's find YOU the man of YOUR dreams!'
To which you (I/we) would have replied "Great, did you leave him doing a spot of decorating?"

All those things sound very promising and much better than the endless facials. I will definitely be sending an email to welcome this change of tack and offer a few suggestions of my own. I wonder if they are taking advantage of the way kids love Helen during the holidays. This is good, but I hope they realise us more mature types love her too.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:31 PM #39

What a pleasant surprise to see Helen live in the studio again. She was in her element. Confident and bubbly as ever.Helen at her best. For a brief time it was as though she was the main presenter and it gave the program such a tonic. Well it made my day anyway.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:49 PM #40

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
What a pleasant surprise to see Helen live in the studio again. She was in her element. Confident and bubbly as ever.Helen at her best. For a brief time it was as though she was the main presenter and it gave the program such a tonic. Well it made my day anyway.
That's exactly what I felt Bananarama. I really feel that although Lorraine is very professional her show just lately has been SO stale and boring. Helen gave it life. As Brian would say 'the girl's just got colour'!
Old 12-02-2002, 04:22 PM #41

I've sent my email and complemented them on a bright and lively show in spite of Lorraine not being there. I didn't want them to think I was too critical of how it was normally, or they may not consider me 'target audience'. I said how impressed I was with Helen and her enthusiasm, and can we see more of her please doing things a bit more interesting than facials and gave a few suggestions.

Let's hope they take our ideas on board! If you see Helen up a mountain in the next few weeks then that's my doing! Only joking - I wouldn't do that to the poor girl.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:03 PM #42
Administrator

Administrator

I'm so pleased to hear that Helen was back in the studio today.

And it sounds like she was in her element, teaching dancing to kids and covering them in glitter!!

Much better use of her bubbly personality, rather than having her lying down getting different types of gunk plastered over her face!

Well done for e-mailing them, Feefs - it'll be interesting to see if they take up any of your ideas - you must let us know if they do!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2002, 04:13 PM #43

Came back from my little break early, and so was able to see Lorraine today, pretty boring, bu Helen is on picking the best chocolates tomorrow! Three times in one week (at least).

I feel a congratulatory email coming on!
Old 13-02-2002, 05:04 PM #44

I've sent them a long email today and I know some people on TBB have as well. They should have had a really nice crop of congratulatory emails about Helen. Like Feefs I was careful to say I also liked Lorraine and the other regulars but singled out Helen in the studio for special praise. I shall have to tape tomorrow for chocolates but 'it's not paul Clarke', is it?
Old 13-02-2002, 11:58 PM #45

No peachy, its not Paul clarke , what a lovley Valentine program that would make:dan ce:
Maggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2002, 10:01 AM #46

Helen was today testing posh Valentines Day Chocs, and it transpires she has made a £100 bet with Paul (Clarke) to prove shes not a chocoholic, and that she can go from Christmas to May without eating any chocolate.

This morning she gave in after about 30 secs, especially after Natasha said they'd checked, and Paul was in a meeting so wouldn't see it! After helen had eaten a choc, Natasha said she'd send him a tape, and Helen said she didn't care, she'd give him the money instead!

She didn't know what he'd got her for Valentines yet, but said it was really early when she left home today. Not sure if she's on tomorrow, but, lots better week for helen all round. She was really bubbly, funny and livened up the programme.

The H&P relationship, well, it's just an accepted, long term thing isn't it, from the way she talks about it?

Wonder what she'll have waiting for her tonight?
Old 14-02-2002, 11:12 AM #47

I'm really impressed that Helen has gone from Chirstmas to now without chocolate. For a 3 galaxy-a-day girl to cut down that much she must be in receipt of lots of chocolate substitute. I like the idea of them making silly bets, it's really cute and healthy that they can still take the p**s out of each other.

The mind boggles at what exciting Valentines treats they have planned for each other, but now that Helen has lost her bet, Paul should bring home a Crunchie for her, in honour of the one he gave her inside the BB house that made her think he was 'alright'.

I like the idea that they would check Paul was in a meeting, so Helen could eat chocolate without him finding out. It's a bit like Helen getting all dressed up for eviction nights as if we couldn't see her the rest of the time.

Old 14-02-2002, 01:57 PM #48
Administrator

Administrator

Thanks, R.O.B.

I actually remembered to set my video this morning (just in case there was a Mr Clarke Valentine's Day appearance!!) so I'll be able to watch it when I get home tonight.

You're absolutely right Feefs - Helen must have had something else to keep her occupied for the past couple of months that kept her mind off chocolate!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2002, 06:50 PM #49

Kaz and Feefs, I am not sure exactly to what you are referring!

Personally, I feel Helen must have been kept busy emroidering napkins and tray cloths for her bottom drawer

I must tell you, to keep check on such details as the crunchie bar, and in readiness for when I eventually do BB Millionaire, today I had to buy another BB2 book!

How sad is that! My original has fallen apart!

A bargain at £4.99...........
Old 11-04-2002, 10:50 PM #50

Just to let you know H will be on Lorraine tomorrow going through her drawers apparently!!!!! Lorraine assures us it's all very clean
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
helen, lorraine