Notices

CBB11 Celebrity Big Brother 11 on Channel 5, shown January 2013. Discuss here.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:25 PM #1
xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

xo

Favourites (more):

Default Lacey & Rylan Promote Stereotypes.

Lacey & Rylan both promote stereotypes to the general public
Number 1, a lot of people seem annoyed that people are disliking on Lacey, and most think it is down to jealously. It is not, whilst i am jealous of some girls, definitely not her . She seems fake, has an annoying voice, and promotes a stereotype of all page 3 models, having little substance and not being very clever.. just because some women dislike her, does not make us all jealous, and that is shown through me supporting women on other shows
Rylan promotes the stereotype that all gay men, bitch all the time etc, which is just annoying, he has little substance too, and is just the generic male bitch they have on the show

sigh. rant over
Old 07-01-2013, 04:35 PM #2

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter

i dont think your jealous at all. i think you fancy her instead lol O)

lots of sterotypes are true though
Old 07-01-2013, 04:37 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Agree about Rylan, which is why I really liked the Welsh bloke Gareth last year, it's nice to see a gay guy on there who doesnt act so awfully

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:37 PM #4
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

sport on about lacey
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:38 PM #5
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Lacey doesn't really deliberately play up to it though, she might not be hugely intelligent and pretty ditsy but she's not doing that solely to live up to a stereotype, I'd say the fault lies more with the people who make those stereotypes rather than her

Rylan's a bit different because he does actually seem keen to be this cliché camp, bitchy Essex guy
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:03 PM #6
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Big Brother love stereotypes

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:10 PM #7
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Lacey doesn't really deliberately play up to it though, she might not be hugely intelligent and pretty ditsy but she's not doing that solely to live up to a stereotype, I'd say the fault lies more with the people who make those stereotypes rather than her

Rylan's a bit different because he does actually seem keen to be this cliché camp, bitchy Essex guy
Apple202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:16 PM #8

Lacey is lovely. Sam is your typical "pretty boy" with no substance, Razor a typical older lad. Paula your typical ex model who has become a nuts alcoholic. They don't get half the stick she gets. If she wasn't pretty she wouldn't get half the stick for being "ditzy", check Alex BB12 and several others before.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkins View Post
Lacey & Rylan both promote stereotypes to the general public
Number 1, a lot of people seem annoyed that people are disliking on Lacey, and most think it is down to jealously. It is not, whilst i am jealous of some girls, definitely not her . She seems fake, has an annoying voice, and promotes a stereotype of all page 3 models, having little substance and not being very clever.. just because some women dislike her, does not make us all jealous, and that is shown through me supporting women on other shows
Rylan promotes the stereotype that all gay men, bitch all the time etc, which is just annoying, he has little substance too, and is just the generic male bitch they have on the show

sigh. rant over
But why does she seem fake, what about her strikes you as fake and why? Also jealous of her or not, why be jealous of anyone you don't know? (a lot of her detractors clearly are jealous of her, on DS most of the posters knocking her also openly took personal offence to the older women being as early judged as dull, some clearly do relate and compare themselves to the housemates when judging them) why be jealous of anyone you don't know? Plus an annoying voice isn't a valid criticism of someone, it's also another one of those used selectively, I don't remember hate threads calling Sam Pepper names for his far more grating voice. I don't remember male housemates being criticised so much for so little at all, there are almost as many anti-Lacey threads as there were anti-Conor and he made sexual threats. Why are women on the show given such a much harder time than men, any fault and they're written off almost immediately where as tw*ts like Arron and Conor were loved and (for Conor until epilator-gate and even then some still defended him) excused.

Last edited by DigitalSid; 07-01-2013 at 05:55 PM.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 PM #10

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

I dont mind her but have to admit that I got the stereotypical impression of her as soon as she went into the house with a see thru skirt/dress on so you could see her big pants,just WHY?

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I dont mind her but have to admit that I got the stereotypical impression of her as soon as she went into the house with a see thru skirt/dress on so you could see her big pants,just WHY?
But should being a glamour model mean you have to cover up and actively avoid fitting a stereotype? And not wearing very much isn't a glamour model thing, it's a young women thing, you only have to look at your local town centre on a busy Friday or Saturday night to see dozens of other 20 somethings dressed in even less, few if any of them glamour models.

Last edited by DigitalSid; 07-01-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 PM #12
xo

Favourites (more):

xo

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSid View Post
But why does she seem fake, what about her strikes you as fake and why? Also jealous of her or not, why be jealous of anyone you don't know? (a lot of her detractors clearly are jealous of her, on DS most of the posters knocking her also openly took personal offence to the older women being as early judged as dull, some clearly do relate and compare themselves to the housemates when judging them) why be jealous of anyone you don't know? Plus an annoying voice isn't a valid criticism of someone, it's also another one of those used selectively, I don't remember hate threads calling Sam Pepper names for his far more grating voice. I don't remember male housemates being criticised so much for so little at all, there are almost as many anti-Lacey threads as there were anti-Conor and he made sexual threats. Why are women on the show given such a much harder time than men, any fault and they're written off almost immediately where as tw*ts like Arron and Conor were loved and (for Conor until epilator-gate and even then some still defended him) excused.

Number 1: i hated Sam Pepper's voice, and thought he was a little twat
Number 2: There was 100's of Conor hates threads, to even compare Lacey to him is absolutely ridiculous, i've seen a few hate threads, but the majority like her on here
Number 3: I think the majority of the forum here give women an easier time actually, me included.
Why be jealous of anyone? its human nature to be jealous of someone whether you know them or not tbh, we always compare ourselves to others mostly in looks, but also in personality
Secondly i find her whole demeanor fake and very contrived and forced, hopefully she will clear this up in the next few days. Obviously its early day's so no-one has much evidence to back up their claims
Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 PM #13
User banned

User banned

Rylan is a perfect example of the Essex stereotype but I blame X Factor for reinforcing that
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:25 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSid View Post
But should being a glamour model mean you have to cover up and actively avoid fitting a stereotype? And not wearing very much isn't a glamour model thing, it's a young women thing, you only have to look at your local town centre on a busy Friday or Saturday night to see dozens of other 20 somethings dressed in even less, few if any of them glamour models.
Nothing to do with her being a glamour model,lots of girls ARE the same,it just makes me wonder WHY?Gillian looked stunning and I am sure Lacey would have also looked stunning in something like that,but tbh,it's not something I am gonna lose sleep over

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkins View Post
Number 1: i hated Sam Pepper's voice, and thought he was a little twat
I wasn't speaking about you (at least you haven't, in this thread at least, called her a tart or slut despite the evidence otherwise then taken offence to anyone questioning it) specifically just BB fans in general, particularly those on forums where we can actively see their discussions.
Quote:
Number 2: There was 100's of Conor hates threads, to even compare Lacey to him is absolutely ridiculous, i've seen a few hate threads, but the majority like her on here
But it's only day 5 and we barely heard anything from her on launch night, I'm fully expecting dozens more as the series progresses, if not on here then on DS, some posters there seem to actually hate her (that or they are being massively over the top in their insults of someone they're just not keen on).
Quote:
Number 3: I think the majority of the forum here give women an easier time actually, me included.
The knocking of male housemates seems to be more panto than the hate of female ones, with the tongue in cheek 'King _' type threads rather than posts calling them sluts or whatever the most equally cutting male equivalent is.
Quote:
Why be jealous of anyone? its human nature to be jealous of someone whether you know them or not tbh, we always compare ourselves to others mostly in looks, but also in personality
Do we? I've ocassionaly thought "lucky git" about some rich person's lifestyle but never to the point where I've felt the need to make posts telling her to shut up (or much worse on DS).
Quote:
Secondly i find her whole demeanor fake and very contrived and forced, hopefully she will clear this up in the next few days. Obviously its early day's so no-one has much evidence to back up their claims
I'm not asking for evidence just a single, non-emotive, half-convincing reason why? It's all very well saying, "so one so seems fake, so one so seems fake" but it's another thing saying "so one so seems fake because" and actually justifying such harsh criticism.

Last edited by DigitalSid; 07-01-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Nothing to do with her being a glamour model,lots of girls ARE the same,it just makes me wonder WHY?Gillian looked stunning and I am sure Lacey would have also looked stunning in something like that,but tbh,it's not something I am gonna lose sleep over
But if one of the lots of non glamour girls that are the same was to go in dressed the same, would they get all this flack for it? And if so, what would be the reasoning then and why only women? Luke S wasn't in the glamour or topless modelling industries and he didn't get any flack for not wearing anything.

Last edited by DigitalSid; 07-01-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:52 PM #17
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Rylan definitely, and the fact he always mentioned Essex pisses me off too

Bookmark/share this topic