Notices

CBB11 Celebrity Big Brother 11 on Channel 5, shown January 2013. Discuss here.

Old 19-01-2013, 03:25 PM #1
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

Default Rylan + Razor's Task & Big Brother breaking it's own rules.

Ridiculous. It all just seemed so fake, I mean where was Razor and Rylan even placed - obviously it was two separate rooms, but where?

The way it was constructed, surely the housemates would of known something was up if Rylan and Razor weren't in the main house for the duration of Ryan's secret task?

And when Rylan [who was fantastic] said something in his devil act - you could literally hear the crew laughing that were filming him.

This is why this show needs to take a step back and think to itself 'Alright it's fair enough shaking things up abit to be contemporary, but trying to trick the viewers like this isn't on'.

Also since I'm on the topic, I'm fed up with Big Brother [the voice] actually breaking a few of it's own rules, this is a matter only hardcore Big Brother fans from the past will of picked up on. One of the original rules of the show, was that Big Brother itself:

A. MUST Speak in Third Person.
B. MUST Keep a level of authority.
C. MUST ONLY address housemates personally, in the Diary Room.

All three of these rules have been broken, examples:

1. Heidi and Spencer wanted to speak to their agent and Big Brother said 'Can you sit down so I can see you'. and then proceeded to say 'This is the only voice I have'.

2. The amount of times the Big Brother voice has mucked up and stuttered isn't even funny anymore.

3. In the basement, Big Brother asked Frankie how he was feeling about being up for eviction.

I know a few of you will comment and be like 'Who cares?' but from a real fan's perspective, it's quite sad seeing Big Brother itself breaking rules like that - that would of been taken so seriously back in the day.
Old 19-01-2013, 03:31 PM #2
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Actually you're right, I'd forgotten about the whole addressing housemates not in the Diary Room, that was really starting to piss me off.

In front of all the other housemates, 'How does it feel to be in the basement Frankie?', ten seconds after he'd gone in. Cringey and wrong, BB doesn't address people like that. There was another example of them asking somebody something like that in front of everybody as well but I can't remember what. It's just...weird, I don't get why they're doing it. And for the love of God stop those bloody pleas on live feed and on eviction nights. NO ONE CARES. Do they seriously think that after Speidi giving a ten second thank you and a plea for votes, a hardcore Tricia fan is suddenly going go 'ah ***** it I'll vote for them'. No.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 03:34 PM #3
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

I know what you mean, i hate it when BB seem human , the show has just become so dumbed down...yeah its still good i guess but ive started rewatching big brother 9 and im as far as day 16 and you can see the difference in quality
And i think the pleas are to just kill time really
Old 19-01-2013, 03:41 PM #4

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Ridiculous. It all just seemed so fake, I mean where was Razor and Rylan even placed - obviously it was two separate rooms, but where?

The way it was constructed, surely the housemates would of known something was up if Rylan and Razor weren't in the main house for the duration of Ryan's secret task?

And when Rylan [who was fantastic] said something in his devil act - you could literally hear the crew laughing that were filming him.

This is why this show needs to take a step back and think to itself 'Alright it's fair enough shaking things up abit to be contemporary, but trying to trick the viewers like this isn't on'.
According to the task press release C5 issued, Rylan and Razor were in the large task room (presumably decked out in green screen) and Big Brother told the other housemates that they'd been taken out of the house to do a task for a sponsor as a decoy.

I agree that should have been made clearer in the show though.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 03:42 PM #5

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

I thought it was really random and a bit odd!

I fast forwarded it all
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 04:01 PM #6
User banned

User banned

I don't get what you mean in your third point?
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 04:05 PM #7
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I know what you mean, i hate it when BB seem human , the show has just become so dumbed down...yeah its still good i guess but ive started rewatching big brother 9 and im as far as day 16 and you can see the difference in quality
And i think the pleas are to just kill time really
Basically this
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 04:18 PM #8
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Agreed, the worst thing is that there are more examples (Not just CBB11)

I think the most notorious one is when BB spoke to Nicola during pantsgate.

Other examples:

- *BB12* Giving Alex and Louise a roast dinner in the diary room, the rules state that you're not allowed to eat/drink in the diary room unless you're doing a task.

The rest are just silly things done by the producers, not rule breaks (although it can depend on how you look at it)

- *CBB9* Telling the house mates what time they will be on live feed, I heard a conversation during it with someone actually saying "We're on live feed now", how do they know that? Most importantly, why did big brother let them know? I know this isn't exactly breaking the rules but there was no need for the house mates to know that.

- *BB13* Giving certain housemates way too much unnecessary air time (Luke S, Conor, Lushleigh), re-opening the phone lines to get Caroline out when she shouldn't have been evicted. Suddenly disallowing house mates to discuss nominations because they knew that Lydia would have made it a lot more further. This was also the series that had the WORST nomination punishments, discussing nominations is like the most important rule of big brother, there was a point in the series where the house mates just laughed every time they were told a nomination rule was broken. Disgusting if you ask me.

- *CBB10* I can't really think of any that happened during this series but I'm sure there were several times. I would just say allowing boring house mates to float to the final, isn't this the only C5 series when they didn't put everyone up at some point?

The chanting shouldn't be allowed anymore, it's stupid, repetitive and beyond a joke, it also influences nominations. Channel 4 quickly noticed this after the "Get Charley Out" chants and did BB9 and BB10 evictions from a STUDIO, and imo it sounds SO much better, the tension and silence >>>

I didn't really want to bring Channel 4 into it but it had to be said.
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, breaking, razor, rules, rylan, task