Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 28-01-2013, 02:14 PM #1
Sawyer

Sawyer

Default 'Bank Account' twist for BB14

I don't usually make these kind of threads, but I read something while I was lurking on the DS forums which intrigued me and thought it was a good idea. It was only mentioned as a passing comment and so I thought about how it could be implemented into the series and what effect it would have on the housemates.

There would be no prize fund, and all housemates would be given a personal bank account. A new fundamental rule of Big Brother would be that contestants are not allowed to discuss the contents and how much is in the respective bank account.

Secret tasks would be given in a completely 100% fair way by calling 'one housemate to the diary room', rather than asking for a specific housemate. This way all housemates are given the opportunity to win money.

Housemates are tasked with these secret missions, but instead of winning a party for the house or alcohol, they would be bribed with big amounts on money to really stab their fellow friends or enemies in the back. What would you do if you were promised £2500 to secretly cut up all you housemate's clothes?

Effectively, every housemate will win some money. Regardless or when they're evicted. Obviously, being the winner means you've had 13 weeks of tasks and thus more money than the rest. Amounts would go up over the weeks, start off at £100's and finish in £1000's

With housemates not being allowed to discuss what is in their bank account, competitiveness would be rife, and because there is no prize fund, the longer you're in the house, the more opportunity you have to do more tasks. Thus, the more you win. Money would not only just be won by secret tasks, but also competitive tasks would be poses to the entire house in the form of strength and endurance, again promoting competitiveness- and also housemates would finally have a reason to give 100% to all tasks.

Big Brother would finally be put back into power of the housemates.
"This is Big Brother, Steve and Jane and the following conversation regarding nominations... blaa blaa blaa. It is a fundemental rule of Big Brother that housemates do not discuss their nominations. As a result, 20% has been deducted from each housemate's personal bank account" Imagine the affects that would have on the house.

Opening night twist of one housemate able to win a large amount of money for managing to secure that most nominations in the week 1 nomination process. Not only would they win this money, but also immunity for the first week. This housemate is not pre-selected from Big Brother, but instead one housemate is called to the diary room on day 2(live special) rather than the first night to eliminate any paranoia.

The possibilities with this twist is endless. And best of all, it actually has an affect on the house for the entire series, not just for five mins.

Last edited by Sawyer; 28-01-2013 at 02:17 PM.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 02:21 PM #2
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Why dont they just put them all in the octagon and let them beat the hell out of eachother, that might go a long way to feeding the ****e morals of bb fans. If we want to watch crap and violence, there are other progs available. BB is about fun and at times deception. These twats are turning it into fight night. I will give this years series a miss then I wont need to listen to degenerate comments from the likes of whoever has a dig at this post.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 02:25 PM #3
Sawyer

Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Why dont they just put them all in the octagon and let them beat the hell out of eachother, that might go a long way to feeding the ****e morals of bb fans. If we want to watch crap and violence, there are other progs available. BB is about fun and at times deception. These twats are turning it into fight night. I will give this years series a miss then I wont need to listen to degenerate comments from the likes of whoever has a dig at this post.
I don't know if you're aware of the basic premise of Big Brother and 1984. That book is anything but fun. Regardless, this is just one aspect to the show, of course there will be funny parts, but it will put an end to the one big hotel-bedroom party the show currently is. I suggest you never watch Big Brother 5.

Last edited by Sawyer; 28-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 28-01-2013, 02:50 PM #4
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

This does sound like it can work, but they can't pick housemates who are like "I'm not here for the money"

The only thing I have to say is that the launch night twist has already been done in BB6
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 02:51 PM #5
Sawyer

Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germyle View Post
This does sound like it can work, but they can't pick housemates who are like "I'm not here for the money"

The only thing I have to say is that the launch night twist has already been done in BB6
Good point about the launch twist, but it worked well then and would probably work again
Old 28-01-2013, 03:03 PM #6
MM

Favourites:
CBB15: Michelle Visage
CBB7: Heidi
MM

Favourites:
CBB15: Michelle Visage
CBB7: Heidi

Sick idea!
Ongina | Tyra Sanchez | Raja | Willam | Jujubee | Jinkx Monsoon | Adore Delano | Katya | Thorgy Thor | Katya | Trinity Taylor | Bendelacreme | Vanessa Vanjie Mateo | Naomi Smalls | Brooke Lynn Hytes | Jaida Essence Hall | Jujubee | Utica | Yara Sofia | Willow Pill | Jinkx Monsoon

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...php?tid=135000
? is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:04 PM #7

Favourites (more):
BB16: Eileen
BBCanada 3: Godfrey

Favourites (more):

It's an interesting idea - I'd like to see more 'gameplay' elements like that instead them just randomly giving out immunities and shaking the game at random with dumb twists.

I thought the idea would work better if you lost your bank account upon being evicted but could give half of your total to other housemates. The only problem would be it'd be easy for the last one out on final night to have more money than anyone else - maybe have it so the winner gets their finishing pot doubled, 2nd place gets to keep their money, 3rd gets half, 4th gets 3rd and 5th gets a quarter or something?
TheManWhoLaughs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:12 PM #8
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

I really like this idea, it has lots of potential

And then on the night of the final, just to keep things interesting until the end, you could do a twist that's been done before (BB9) but better:

Final two housemates left. Big Brother tells the final two that they'll be given the choice of whether to 'Keep' the money they have in their Bank Account, or 'Take' the money that their fellow finalist has accumulated. They discuss it before hand, are allowed to discuss how much money they have for the first time (though of course they could lie about how much they have) and must decide between them what they wish to do (like Golden Balls).

If both housemates choose 'Keep', they keep the money they have in their Bank Account and both leave with that, regardless of who wins. If one housemate chooses 'Take', and the other 'Keep', the housemate who chose 'Take' steals all of the money from their opponent and takes all the money home. If both housemates choose 'Take', nobody wins anything.

That would be amazing cause it'd all depend on the bonds formed or not formed between the final two. Perfect if it's Adam VS Luke A but awful if it's like Speidi VS Rylan. And still loads to talk about on finale night...

Last edited by Jack_; 28-01-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:16 PM #9
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem

love the idea
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:48 PM #10
Sawyer

Sawyer

I think these are all amazing ideas and they could all work together to make one amazing series. We need to email this to Channel 5! lol
Old 28-01-2013, 04:01 PM #11
rk3388

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Rachel Johnson
CBBUSA: Metta World Peace
rk3388

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Rachel Johnson
CBBUSA: Metta World Peace

Thats a really good idea! I still think they should have prize money though even if its like 50k rather than 100k

CBBUS1: Metta/Omarosa/James/Ariadna
CBBUS2: Tom, Jonathan, Tamar, Lolo, Natalie
rk3388 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 04:37 PM #12

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Quote:
BB has never been about fun.

Its allways been about seclusion, deprivation, human conflict.

Yes i agree you should miss the summer one as it seems you have been watching the wrong show.

OP i think this is a brilliant idea and i dont usually like it when they twist it with the money but this could really work.

None of the housemates make money when they get out of the house now so i know if i was in there i would be out for as much as i could get.

Its a game after all.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 28-01-2013 at 04:38 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 05:30 PM #13
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I'll have a dig

If you like fun then why don't you start making your post's fun?
every post you make is negative and miserable

you remind me of Spencer and Heidi
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 05:40 PM #14
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

YES. YES. YES. OH MY GOD.

Would be amazing. The Eye could be money themed and sh*t.
Old 28-01-2013, 05:41 PM #15
Sawyer

Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I know. There's literally so much they could do with this. Channel 5 need to hire some of us.
Old 28-01-2013, 05:42 PM #16
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

And the titles could have bank notes flying around instead of clouds

Yes, this needs to happen.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 05:54 PM #17
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Withano

Favourites (more):

Why would anybody phone in to vote for win?
Old 28-01-2013, 06:04 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrother3232 View Post
Why would anybody phone in to vote for win?
My idea of only the winner getting the complete prize fund would solve that

Or it could just be an extra 10,000 quid for the winner? And people would more likely vote to save because if they left they wouldn't just be kicked out of the house, they would lose their money if they left before the end, so it would be DEVASTATING to leave. Nowadays it's just like 'so what'.

If they thought individual prize funds were too complex, they could just do a group prize fund like The Mole and have plenty of tasks to increase and reduce it. Then half way through, change that fund into individual bank accounts.
Old 28-01-2013, 06:07 PM #19
Sawyer

Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManWhoLaughs View Post
My idea of only the winner getting the complete prize fund would solve that

Or it could just be an extra 10,000 quid for the winner? And people would more likely vote to save because if they left they wouldn't just be kicked out of the house, they would lose their money if they left before the end, so it would be DEVASTATING to leave. Nowadays it's just like 'so what'.

If they thought individual prize funds were too complex, they could just do a group prize fund like The Mole and have plenty of tasks to increase and reduce it. Then half way through, change that fund into individual bank accounts.
I think it's very important that they keep their own separate bank accounts (for competitiveness and all out backstabbing) and that's what they win when they are evicted. But I agree that there should be some kind of bonus for winning, like doubling their bank account or something.

Last edited by Sawyer; 28-01-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 28-01-2013, 06:15 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think it's very important that they keep their own separate bank accounts (for competitiveness and all out backstabbing) and that's what they win when they are evicted. But I agree that there should be some kind of bonus for winning, like doubling their bank account or something.
I agree it would be a nice twist, but I don't think Channel 5 would trust the viewers to keep up with the complicated maths that'd be going on

Even with several weeks of a group fund, there would be plenty of opportunity to add backstabbing. Like giving a bunch of prizes the HMs could take at the expense of the fund or offering immunity/doubled votes to come out of it. That way the first few weeks would be a lot about team building for the one big fund - then when they are down to the Final 10, or a number that's easier for people to keep track of, they could switch to individuals and shake up the series again
Old 28-01-2013, 06:24 PM #21
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

If the equivalent to like Conor or Charlee Uchea or anybody awful ended taking up a large amount of money despite not winning the show, I'd be pissed.
Old 28-01-2013, 06:44 PM #22
Sawyer

Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrother3232 View Post
If the equivalent to like Conor or Charlee Uchea or anybody awful ended taking up a large amount of money despite not winning the show, I'd be pissed.
The difference is, everyone would be winning money..
Old 28-01-2013, 07:02 PM #23
Stellar all-star line up

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Karen

Stellar all-star line up

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Karen

I think that only Housemates who make it to the final should receive their amounts, every evicted beforehand has their amounts put up for grabs through some other tasks.

Smashing idea though
Old 28-01-2013, 07:33 PM #24

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Frankie Dettori
CBB 10: Martin Kemp

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Frankie Dettori
CBB 10: Martin Kemp

I like it, but I'd rather they kept the prize money too
Old 28-01-2013, 09:08 PM #25
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I don't know if you're aware of the basic premise of Big Brother and 1984. That book is anything but fun. Regardless, this is just one aspect to the show, of course there will be funny parts, but it will put an end to the one big hotel-bedroom party the show currently is. I suggest you never watch Big Brother 5.
Slevin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
account, bank, bb14, twist