Wrestling Talk about wrestling here

Old 27-08-2013, 09:17 PM #76
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

AJ Lee is amazing. Damn that promo against the Total Divas cast totally destroyed them. I felt a bit sorry for Nattie though, but those annoying Bella's kept screaming.

The gauntlet match was lively and the Punk/Axel/Heyman storyline is hotting up.

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 04:46 PM #77
User banned

User banned

aj styles is back

michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 06:47 PM #78
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Badass.

Champions 2013! #20
Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 PM #79
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Michael Cole ‏@MichaelCole
Check out my exclusive interview with wwe coo @TripleH. No holds barred and he lets me ask anything! http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-coo-tr...r-fir-26146347

Class interview this was. HHH is really awesome in this storyline and I like that more people are getting involved with it!

Champions 2013! #20
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM #80
Germyle

Favourites (more):
BB16: Cristian
CBB 13: Dappy

Germyle

Favourites (more):

I started watching raw abit since they went back to the old attitude era storylines. But once cena comes back i think im heading out again.

Gerrout

Last edited by Jemal; 05-10-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Jemal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:33 AM #81
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I've been feeling so nostalgic by watching old PPV shows.

The WWF Attitude era (1996 - 2000 specifically) can not be forgotten and the majority of wrestlers were amazing.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 AM #82
Germyle

Favourites (more):

Germyle

Favourites (more):

Trust me^

Gerrout
Old 11-10-2013, 12:59 AM #83

what on earth is Ricardo Rodriguez doing with RVD
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:01 AM #84

and googling NXT just now they have turned El Generico into some jobber what twats

this is the first time I have watched this in a couple of years and I will not be watching it again in a hurry
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:04 AM #85

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

NXT is really good now, they have the retro lightings and small arena with a better atmosphere and the crowd are always up for it nowadays and the feuds have been really good lately as well. the wrestlers get really good reactions as well compared to what they use to get when NXT was a competition show

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:11 AM #86

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):

He's made Sami work. He's the most over on NXT now, he's going to be a legit star, and they can easily put the mask back on him, they can do a 'Mr America' type storyline, that Hogan had, but make it 'less obvious' marks would still know it's him.

NXT is brilliant, the character development, how jobbers like Husky Harris go to Bray Wyatt and Mike Dalton transform into Tyler Breeze is amazing.
Black Dagger is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:20 PM #87
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Agree with the love for the NXT. On the recent Triple H DVD they showed how the entire concept was pretty much one of his first big executive creations. I really don't catch it enough.

What do we make of the product at the moment? Whilst my initial reaction to the new Corporation was one of excitement it has fast degenerated into a namby pamby, piss vinegar recreation of past, better booked face versus authority storylines. Daniel Bryan's Yes gimmick - even though it's clearly still over to the moon with the live audiences - is wearing seriously thin with me. Especially when everyone involved tries to shoehorn it into in ring promos.

Orton is not an interesting enough opponent. Even as the Corporate face he is still suffering from being a dried up character and as a result the series of matches with Bryan feels like it has gone on far longer than it actually has. Triple H's Corporate heel is fantastic, layered and convincing but all indicators point to it leading to a face Vince coming back complete with boring power struggle match next April.

Booking an overturned finish and a non finish two PPV shows in a row is buyrate suicide. Nobody in their right mind would write that if they had any care in the world for business. What? It makes the already stacked Hell In A Cell card look like the apology it is [see : the excellent three team ladder match at Armageddon 2006, following the debacle that is December To Dismember].

I'm going to go old school and anti internet as per usual here and hanker for an era of the big men. Punk and Bryan can ply their technical trade in the upper mid card like how Jericho and Benoit did in 2000. I want giants throwing each other around in the main events. It's what the media and general public want from wrestling and whilst WWE has done a good job of changing the perception of this the ratings don't hold up.

Like it or not Raw is tanking right now without Cena. The ratings are on a weekly slide. They should have other people at his level who can carry it and maybe even play off him to allow him to go heel for awhile but guess what they don't. The Bryan-as-replacement experiment has failed miserably. Cena is so far ahead of the pack that it's mindblowing. The last people at his mass appeal level were Rey Mysterio, Batista and maybe 2008/2009 Jeff Hardy.

Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow and Big E. Langston should be carrying the ball going forward. WrestleMania 30 should signal the end of this technical mini era in the same way WrestleMania XX did ten years prior. Big E. needs a singlet where his arse isin't hanging out though. Damien Sandow should wrestle more like a coward and less like the run of the mill aggressive heel. He shouldn't be losing all the time either. Build him up properly for a cash in that means something. Roman Reigns is just perfect. I'm gay for him.

What about Ryback? Could he be saved from an entire year of horrible booking? I still believe in Ryback. The fans were hot for the big ****** before they killed him at Hell In A Cell last year.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:14 PM #88

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Agree with the love for the NXT. On the recent Triple H DVD they showed how the entire concept was pretty much one of his first big executive creations. I really don't catch it enough.

What do we make of the product at the moment? Whilst my initial reaction to the new Corporation was one of excitement it has fast degenerated into a namby pamby, piss vinegar recreation of past, better booked face versus authority storylines. Daniel Bryan's Yes gimmick - even though it's clearly still over to the moon with the live audiences - is wearing seriously thin with me. Especially when everyone involved tries to shoehorn it into in ring promos.

Orton is not an interesting enough opponent. Even as the Corporate face he is still suffering from being a dried up character and as a result the series of matches with Bryan feels like it has gone on far longer than it actually has. Triple H's Corporate heel is fantastic, layered and convincing but all indicators point to it leading to a face Vince coming back complete with boring power struggle match next April.

Booking an overturned finish and a non finish two PPV shows in a row is buyrate suicide. Nobody in their right mind would write that if they had any care in the world for business. What? It makes the already stacked Hell In A Cell card look like the apology it is [see : the excellent three team ladder match at Armageddon 2006, following the debacle that is December To Dismember].

I'm going to go old school and anti internet as per usual here and hanker for an era of the big men. Punk and Bryan can ply their technical trade in the upper mid card like how Jericho and Benoit did in 2000. I want giants throwing each other around in the main events. It's what the media and general public want from wrestling and whilst WWE has done a good job of changing the perception of this the ratings don't hold up.

Like it or not Raw is tanking right now without Cena. The ratings are on a weekly slide. They should have other people at his level who can carry it and maybe even play off him to allow him to go heel for awhile but guess what they don't. The Bryan-as-replacement experiment has failed miserably. Cena is so far ahead of the pack that it's mindblowing. The last people at his mass appeal level were Rey Mysterio, Batista and maybe 2008/2009 Jeff Hardy.

Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow and Big E. Langston should be carrying the ball going forward. WrestleMania 30 should signal the end of this technical mini era in the same way WrestleMania XX did ten years prior. Big E. needs a singlet where his arse isin't hanging out though. Damien Sandow should wrestle more like a coward and less like the run of the mill aggressive heel. He shouldn't be losing all the time either. Build him up properly for a cash in that means something. Roman Reigns is just perfect. I'm gay for him.

What about Ryback? Could he be saved from an entire year of horrible booking? I still believe in Ryback. The fans were hot for the big ****** before they killed him at Hell In A Cell last year.
yeah i thought they were actually going to be planning something big with the Corporation thing but they have turned it into a Circus with Big Show as the main attraction. Steph has cut some really good Promos though and her showing her Heel side again has been one of the very few things that have made the Corporation thing worthwhile so far same goes for Triple H.

the Curtis Axel push needs to be stopped in it's tracks, it just seems a waste of time with him there is no way i can see him being a massive star in the future the way he is now and even at Midcard level he'd struggle with the talent in the company now. I say let Goldust beat him for the Title soon, that IC title on Goldy would be amazing and that crossbody from the turnbuckle on Sunday was something else.

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."

Last edited by Novo; 11-10-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 24-10-2013, 09:27 PM #89
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Nothing offensive about this entrance theme whatsoever. Nuh uh.

Old 27-10-2013, 04:32 PM #90
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

So Hell In A Cell is tonight then, gents. The product has been treading water for weeks now but I'm quite hopeful about tonight looking at the card. After two PPV shows in a row with virtual non finishes this should be one big surprisingly good apology from WWE.

I wish they would just call it Halloween Havoc. They took Great American Bash for awhile. There should be a Halloween themed PPV. When we're at it they should bring back WarGames. Triple H loved that match concept. It's a total no brainer. Use it instead of the boring Survivor Series elimination matches. Done.

It seems like the Big E. push has started in earnest. Preview show matches seem to be a well advertised staple these days and an important point in creating internet buzz half an hour before the event proper airs so I'm not as bothered as I used to be that someone has been 'bumped' to the pre show.

A title win would be good for Langston tonight as the sooner the E puts Axle in a dumb powerhouse tag team near the bottom of the card the better. Dunno do I want it in a pre show match though. I'm calling Axle to steal it narrowly.

It's hilarious that WWE officials were apparently surprised the Bella's face turn didn't take off as much as it should. Why should it? Most of the live crowd don't watch Total Diavas and apart from shagging Cena and Bryan the Bellas have done nothing but rip in to other Divas for a year or two now.

Err ... AJ wins I guess.

This will be hot! I'm really looking forward to it. Goldust is in an odd prime of his career all of a sudden, the Uso's offense looks absolutely fantastic and the Shield have great matches all the time with everyone ever.

Who wins? I want the brothers Rhodes to keep the straps for awhile longer. They will, too.

CENATION REPRESENT. I love Cena and it's sucked without him. Wrestling needs it's superheros. He stands head and shoulders above the rest of the roster as being the only genuine star they have. I imagine he surely captures the world title in a feel good moment. This would be great for the company direction because it's so odd to see Cena with that belt. It'll be refreshing and great for SmackDown! too to have him on that show all the time. Can't wait.

This could suck a bit squeezed in between all the other great stuff. As much of a pro as Punk is it really is asking a lot to drag Ryback to a good match. I imagine it will build slowly to the inevitable "gotchya, Paul!" third act. Apparently this Heyman/Punk feud is going to trudge through to Survivor Series though .

And the main event, then. I have no interest in Orton matches. They're largely incredibly boring affairs. Resthold oriented 'WWE safe style' matches punctuated by odd moments of action. This storyline is dead in the water by now. However we need a finish and Michaels is on hand with his funny eye and hunter stubble to dispense the justice. It should be a great last few minutes seeing what exactly they do with this. I'd rather Michaels goes heel and does what is best for business than have him put Bryan over and start some awful HHH/HBK redux.

Vince is back this week too. And if it's not tonight it's definitely tomorrow.

So yeah ... HIAC motherfuckers.

Last edited by Stu; 27-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 27-10-2013, 04:39 PM #91
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

Ah yes. haven't watched anything in a while but i might chance it tonight
Isit on Sky Sports or just Boxoffice?
Old 27-10-2013, 04:41 PM #92

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I think it should be decent, much better than the Battleground and whatever other PPV happened in late september.

I am going to go.

Big E (leading to Heyman dropping Axel)
AJ (although Brie has improved greatly, her sister is a raging *********** though)
Los Matawhogivesa****
Cena (Although I can see a Sandow cash in, which could do him wonders, but then I couldn't see Cena put him over)
Orton
Rhodes Family
erm what else oh I see Ryback and Heyman winning, but this feud needs to be done now, was good at the start.
Old 27-10-2013, 04:47 PM #93
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Box Office. I'll try and bang up some streamage.
Old 27-10-2013, 05:06 PM #94
Germyle

Favourites (more):

Germyle

Favourites (more):

Just gonna watch this tommorow online.
I love the usos man. Remind me of the hardy boys.

Rhodes will retain unfortunately.. But this will lead to a TLC triple threat tag match at TLC.
Just like Hardys vs Dudley's vs edge and Christian.

Hopefully usos will win that time around as their the only reason i watch wwe atm.

Also think their slowly coming out the PG era.

Gerrout
Old 27-10-2013, 05:11 PM #95

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Nah, PG era makes them so much money, I mean, PG isn't really to blame, it's shoddy writing, the product has been great in a PG era in the 90's..

Oh and Axel is out for HIAC, they'll probably do Matadores as the pre-show and do something else on the main-show, or a battle royale for a US title shot.. idfk.
Old 27-10-2013, 05:16 PM #96
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

The PG era makes them far too much licensing money. People also talk about it way too much, as if it dictates the quality of the product. It doesn't, really. Raw was PG right up until 98 and SmackDown has always been PG I think. Maybe it was TV-14 for awhile, I don't know.

You can do everything in PG you could do in the Attitude Era bar show tits, show blood or have the words "asshole" and "son of bitch" every five minutes. The seedier elements of that particular era that have made it age horribly anyway.

The most critically and commercially successful year in the companies history was 2000 and although it still gets officially counted as being part of the Attitude Era it was for the large part very clean stuff apart from blood finished on the PPV cards.

It's not as easy as going back to the old days. They're not just going to magically recreate Hardyz/Dudleys/E&C.

Different era, different teams. It's not a case of 3 =/= 3. Although I do think the product will start to have more edge in the coming year. More substance. I mean they pretty much have to. Ratings and PPV numbers are in the tank. Cena and Punk are running out. Taker' has no knees, Triple H is in a suit and Brock and Rock are on limited appearance deals. Vince promised investors that WWE would be healthier this year than it was last year and it's not.

Last edited by Stu; 27-10-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 27-10-2013, 05:36 PM #97
Germyle

Favourites (more):

Germyle

Favourites (more):

Ah i miss attitude era.

Gerrout
Old 27-10-2013, 05:47 PM #98

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Hang on i thought Miz was on the Show? the poor guy doesn't even get a chance to take a jobbing now

Old 27-10-2013, 05:51 PM #99
Germyle

Favourites (more):

Germyle

Favourites (more):

Usos > WWE.
Usos > Hardys.

Actually... Hmm Hardys where the dons.
Ah 5050

Gerrout
Old 27-10-2013, 05:57 PM #100
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Hang on i thought Miz was on the Show? the poor guy doesn't even get a chance to take a jobbing now
I imagine he will be with Josh Matthews and Big Albert up in the cheap seats providing expert analysis on all the goings ons .

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
champion, crowned, iii, month, payback, ppv, things, world, wrestling