Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 17-07-2013, 05:15 PM #26
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Just got off the phone to an ex-police mate of mine. He has watched the Dazelgate saga although not normally a BB fan. I thought I'd jot down his comments whilst they are fresh in my mind:

1. The ultimate act of the incident, although technically an assault, would be treated as threatening behaviour. A minor offence. The bum slap given by Daley to Hazel was actually the real assault.

2. The act of exposing someone's sexual parts is a serious matter and should not be dismissed lightly.

3. Even if Hazel made a complaint there would not be a snowball in hell's chance of the CPS accepting the case for prosecution. Similarly for Daley if he wanted Hazel prosecuted for her part in the incident. This is because of the surrounding circumstances.

4. If either of them went to the police the most that would happen is a caution.... for both of them. Probably not even that.

My friend felt that some people are a bit too free and easy throwing around words like "assault" and "abuse" .

Anyway, I thought forum members might be interested. Just one ex-cop's view of course and based on nothing more than what all of us have seen.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 05:17 PM #27

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonster76 View Post
I think they were just trying to justify their decision, it makes no sense to me that she riled him up so much and sexually harassed him and then said she felt cornered. she was trying to get him into her bed.

his language wasn't to be taken literal or out of context. it's just the way he talks, the slang he uses. I think he was less guilty then her in the situation like, he just used language, she actually groped him. if anyone was cornered it was him.

why she would say she was fearful I don't understand... she was saying come on then, I'm not afraid of aggressive men and stirring him on

she deserved to be dobbed in for finalising bb decision
Standing up for herself.

What a bitch
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 05:23 PM #28

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael21 View Post
yea there told on her it not like it a tv show where Daley can view what been said is it
You really should create poetry with such talented written capabilities.
Old 17-07-2013, 05:25 PM #29

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivparker View Post
and why shouldn't they have grassed her up - she wasn't exactly without blame regarding the whole incident. I still think they should show the house before she cashes in on the poor little victim role. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone his behaviour but she has got to shoulder a portion of the blame for egging him on.
She hasn't played the victim - She kept it personal and only confided in Dan and also stressed concern for Daleys wellbeing on the outside.

She has taken part of the blame - She said they were both behaving the same but doesn't know when it got out of hand. She told Dan she slapped his arse and pulled down his pants.

Do you not watch the same show?

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 17-07-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 17-07-2013, 05:28 PM #30

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
Just got off the phone to an ex-police mate of mine. He has watched the Dazelgate saga although not normally a BB fan. I thought I'd jot down his comments whilst they are fresh in my mind:

1. The ultimate act of the incident, although technically an assault, would be treated as threatening behaviour. A minor offence. The bum slap given by Daley to Hazel was actually the real assault.

2. The act of exposing someone's sexual parts is a serious matter and should not be dismissed lightly.

3. Even if Hazel made a complaint there would not be a snowball in hell's chance of the CPS accepting the case for prosecution. Similarly for Daley if he wanted Hazel prosecuted for her part in the incident. This is because of the surrounding circumstances.

4. If either of them went to the police the most that would happen is a caution.... for both of them. Probably not even that.

My friend felt that some people are a bit too free and easy throwing around words like "assault" and "abuse" .

Anyway, I thought forum members might be interested. Just one ex-cop's view of course and based on nothing more than what all of us have seen.
Did they watch the highly edited highlight show clip or the hours of Daleys distressing behaviour building up to the final moment?

I assume you just showed them the youtube clip from the highlight show which didn't represent what actually happened.
Old 17-07-2013, 05:49 PM #31

Daleys behaviour was totally inappropriate and shouldn't be taken lightly which it hasn't, he was removed for it.

But Hazels behaviour in the house towards Daley wasn't an easy watch, I think Dexter called it cringeworthy. Im not comparing it to Daleys it wasn't threatening violence or aggressive, but I'll say this...
Gina's right, Hazel has no girl code. Or respect. This woman by her behaviour would shove her breasts in your mans face just to see if she could feel powerful if his knob engorged. Why? because shes bored and its the way she validates herself.
She soon dropped Dan for Daley when she realised shoving Dans face in her "airbags" had no "impact."

Still, least she'll be useful for something, maybe they could test drive her on Top Gear.

And thinking of it, if Daley had pulled her pants down she probably would have been just annoyed that she was saving them soul rights for Nuts magazine.

Not only does this woman have any female loyalty she also has no conversation. The relationship between Daley and herself was based on lust and control.

As for most of the characters in the house Ive lost the ability to care. They are dull. When the highlight of the series so far is Dexter running round the garden naked, whilst detective Dan trys to work out if Daley did the Airbags with his Candlestick in the Safe house, it really is a shambles.
kate2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 06:29 PM #32

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:

just what we need another dazel thread yawn
Old 17-07-2013, 06:31 PM #33
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
just what we need another dazel thread yawn
Don't read them smeagy old son!
Old 17-07-2013, 06:33 PM #34

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
Don't read them smeagy old son!
cant avoid them all say the same thing
i might have to start one when im bored
Old 17-07-2013, 06:35 PM #35
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
cant avoid them all say the same thing
i might have to start one when im bored
Good Idea! I'll offer you a title, how about "Dazel - a critique!"
Old 17-07-2013, 06:36 PM #36

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2013 View Post
Daleys behaviour was totally inappropriate and shouldn't be taken lightly which it hasn't, he was removed for it.

But Hazels behaviour in the house towards Daley wasn't an easy watch, I think Dexter called it cringeworthy. Im not comparing it to Daleys it wasn't threatening violence or aggressive, but I'll say this...
Gina's right, Hazel has no girl code. Or respect. This woman by her behaviour would shove her breasts in your mans face just to see if she could feel powerful if his knob engorged. Why? because shes bored and its the way she validates herself.
She soon dropped Dan for Daley when she realised shoving Dans face in her "airbags" had no "impact."

Still, least she'll be useful for something, maybe they could test drive her on Top Gear.

And thinking of it, if Daley had pulled her pants down she probably would have been just annoyed that she was saving them soul rights for Nuts magazine.

Not only does this woman have any female loyalty she also has no conversation. The relationship between Daley and herself was based on lust and control.

As for most of the characters in the house Ive lost the ability to care. They are dull. When the highlight of the series so far is Dexter running round the garden naked, whilst detective Dan trys to work out if Daley did the Airbags with his Candlestick in the Safe house, it really is a shambles.
Totally agree with this.
Old 17-07-2013, 06:42 PM #37
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Did they watch the highly edited highlight show clip or the hours of Daleys distressing behaviour building up to the final moment?

I assume you just showed them the youtube clip from the highlight show which didn't represent what actually happened.
I have shown him nothing. He has seen the actual "assaults" referred to.

The point being made is that the threat of an assault, e.g. "I will nut you" is a lower order than an actual assault. This is an example:

I can say to you that I will murder you for your comments on TiBB. I could even come around to your home and stand threateningly over you as I said it. HOWEVER......... unless I carry out my threat I cannot be tried for murder. At most this would be threatening behaviour and the most I would get is a caution.

If I slapped your bum, it would actually be a more serious offence.
Old 17-07-2013, 06:44 PM #38

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:

Quote:

Not surprised that he is an ex cop if he does not recognise assault and abuse when he seesit
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 06:57 PM #39
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Not surprised that he is an ex cop if he does not recognise assault and abuse when he seesit
I shall pass on your patronising comment. He retired from the force as an inspector.

He had had to deal with real cases of abuse including domestic.
Old 17-07-2013, 07:05 PM #40

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I shall pass on your patronising comment. He retired from the force as an inspector.

He had had to deal with real cases of abuse including domestic.
You can pass on what you like.
It is not patronising . Apart from the actual physical abuse and assault,before someone even lays a finger on you they can be taken to court for abuse. This country passed a bill that states someone trying to control someone else by dictating what they can and cannot do is abusing the

I won't even try and explain the assault, abuse , GBH or ABH laws. Ask your mate.
Old 17-07-2013, 07:08 PM #41

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
My dads an ex detective so I totally back you up when people say police are just as useless as anyone else.
Old 17-07-2013, 07:14 PM #42

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
My dads an ex detective so I totally back you up when people say police are just as useless as anyone else.
No, I am not saying all police are useless.
But no one is perfect.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:51 PM #43

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivparker View Post
and why shouldn't they have grassed her up - she wasn't exactly without blame regarding the whole incident. I still think they should show the house before she cashes in on the poor little victim role. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone his behaviour but she has got to shoulder a portion of the blame for egging him on.
By saying that she has to shoulder a portion of the blame for his slapping her and grasping her by the neck and using awful threatning language show that you DO condone his behaviour in some way vivparker. Sorry but its true. Even if she egged him on which she was still convinced was playfighting he acted in a vicious and unacceptable way and in no way shape or form can Hazel be blamed for HIS actions no matter how much you dislike her
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 08:57 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2013 View Post

DONT BLOODY WATCH IT THEN. If I didnt care what happened or about the characters I would spend my time watching something I liked. Daley had free will he is a grown man if he wasnt interested no matter what she did with her tits and if he had remembered he was in a committed relationship nothing would ever have happened. He gave her the feeling he was interested in her, told her the situation with his gf had changed and he didnt think he was in a relationship anymore which was in my opinion the green light for her to flirt and ask for hugs and anything else. I cant STAND this Hazel hate and I in a post last week said I had got Hazel wrong as I had championed her and she had let me down with her flirty goings on etc but I would still stand by her in this horrible case because DALEY WAS WRONG
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 09:01 PM #45
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Oh well Daley has grabbed the "victim" role and it will be hard for Hazel to prise that away from him.

I'll be interested to see her reaction to the tennis balls. Could be a walker!
Old 17-07-2013, 09:11 PM #46
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Oh well Daley has grabbed the "victim" role and it will be hard for Hazel to prise that away from him.

I'll be interested to see her reaction to the tennis balls. Could be a walker!
I just said that!! on the "Hazel tells the House thread!
Old 17-07-2013, 09:29 PM #47
King

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Bailey
King

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Bailey

Hazel is pure evil she will milk every situation for her own benefit....

Im_Juz_ChiLLin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 04:23 AM #48

BB needed to say it have an excuse to kick him out, it was unfair.
amu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aggresive, bb, daley, drop, hazel, questioned, sht