Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 26-07-2013, 07:06 AM #1
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Default This week's shock nomination twist.

This week's twist has certainly got the forum talking, with some hating it and others loving it.

I can't remember the full details, but didn't Lisa I'Anson go out in a nasty twist?

I seem to recall they called her to the diary (probably Wed night) to inform her the public had been voting and she had the most votes, therefore had to leave the house through the diary room door and none of the housemates were aware of this.

So, if I remember correctly, this isn't the first for BB with a nasty twist to evict an housemate.
Old 26-07-2013, 07:07 AM #2
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):

BB7 Mikey and CBB4 Jackiery also got evicted like this if I recall correctly.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 07:10 AM #3
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Thanks Jords, I'd forgotten how Mickey left the house.
Old 26-07-2013, 07:33 AM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

A slight difference, I also think if I am right there were like 2 houses then as well.
There was something about a graduation party and at least 4 were up for eviction I think.

This one this week, has involved something I would hate to be done to me.
2 housemates have been 'promised' immunity, not only that,they have in that strong belief,being people who would likely do no harm to anyone else, been forced to pick another housemate to give them immunity too.

It must be just me that thinks that even in a game, (BB is supposed to be a reality show however),some lines should not be crossed.
If I was assured that I had immunity and then was told to pick another to share that,I would be livid if then told I had been deceived that badly for a whole week.
I would just walk away, had BB just put them all up, or even all those who had previously talked about noms then fine.
Involving Sam and Sophie in this way has really not only annoyed and sickened me because if it was done to me, I would just because of my own integrity,game or not, just throw the towel in and go.
I can take fair secrets and lies and twists but I detest cheats and that is how this differs from the Mikey scenario, no housemate in that series was responsible for him being up in the first place or any of the other 3 that were either.I am sure at least 4 were up that week he went.

Sorry that is so long for anyone who reads it, I will get 'it's only a game', 'you are taking this too seriously',maybe I am but I believe in fair play in all things.that is me.
It is NOT though the same as the Mikey eviction at all as I have pointed out as no other housemates were forced to be unknowingly involved in the process of who was up.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-07-2013 at 07:38 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:04 AM #5

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Didn't Mikey just get a normal eviction?

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:09 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Vanessa BB6 was victim to the exact same twist in the way that they were lied to about who was up.

Everyone thought Anthony, Craig and Kemal were up.
Derek, Eugene, Makosi, Orlaith, Science and Vanessa were really up.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:15 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BB13: Lauren

Favourites (more):

Chicken Stu was kicked out in the middle of a party. No warning at all.

That seems a little colder than this.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:18 AM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Oh yeah same with Mo and Kat.

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:23 AM #9
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Vanessa BB6 was victim to the exact same twist in the way that they were lied to about who was up.

Everyone thought Anthony, Craig and Kemal were up.
Derek, Eugene, Makosi, Orlaith, Science and Vanessa were really up.
yes but I recall,unless I am thinking of something else.
After the voting was done, it was the 2 as I recall with the most votes who then had too have on eof them saved by their housemates.
With more choosing to evict Vanessa.

Not like this twist at all.These housemates are not getting that chance tonight after the public vote in any way to save one from the 2 with the highest votes and all housemates also haven't taken any part whatsoever in the noms this week either.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:24 AM #10
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barker View Post
Didn't Mikey just get a normal eviction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefln View Post
Chicken Stu was kicked out in the middle of a party. No warning at all.

That seems a little colder than this.
Thats who I was thinking of!!!

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:30 AM #11

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
A slight difference, I also think if I am right there were like 2 houses then as well.
There was something about a graduation party and at least 4 were up for eviction I think.

This one this week, has involved something I would hate to be done to me.
2 housemates have been 'promised' immunity, not only that,they have in that strong belief,being people who would likely do no harm to anyone else, been forced to pick another housemate to give them immunity too.

It must be just me that thinks that even in a game, (BB is supposed to be a reality show however),some lines should not be crossed.
If I was assured that I had immunity and then was told to pick another to share that,I would be livid if then told I had been deceived that badly for a whole week.
I would just walk away, had BB just put them all up, or even all those who had previously talked about noms then fine.
Involving Sam and Sophie in this way has really not only annoyed and sickened me because if it was done to me, I would just because of my own integrity,game or not, just throw the towel in and go.
I can take fair secrets and lies and twists but I detest cheats and that is how this differs from the Mikey scenario, no housemate in that series was responsible for him being up in the first place or any of the other 3 that were either.I am sure at least 4 were up that week he went.

Sorry that is so long for anyone who reads it, I will get 'it's only a game', 'you are taking this too seriously',maybe I am but I believe in fair play in all things.that is me.
It is NOT though the same as the Mikey eviction at all as I have pointed out as no other housemates were forced to be unknowingly involved in the process of who was up.
Yes Joey they should have named this series ,secrets lies and deceipt,I don't like this twist as all those that are up would not have been nominated by the housemates,they are not disliked ,so in a way we are FORCED to get rid of people we like which defeats the object.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:33 AM #12

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

There have been times the evictee didn't get the normal Friday night goodbyes but got a shock by being called to the diary room at some other time and evicted from there.
As far as I recall, no -one has ever been up for eviction that wasn't first nominated by the HM's or alternatively the whole house was up together.
This twist is completely different as they neither know they are up nor were they nominated by the HM's.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:43 AM #13

it's ma great twist at the end of the day it's called secrets and lies, thats the game, they signed up for, there can be only one winner, and there is only 1 being evicted so it's all fair game in the end, Dan has already worked out that they might not be safe in the safe house, he to clever. plus it's the public who vote everyone gets a turn at being voted out. it is just a game, there are so many board games if people have ever played board games with many twists and turns, this is no difference. at the end of the day Ł100 000 is for the winner but i'm pretty sure most of them will get that sort of money from the press and interviews and appearances so everyones a winner anyway, there is no point in the winner anyway
bez87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:47 AM #14

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

I don't agree with this at all, in fact I think it stinks probably the most unacceptable "twist" I've ever seen. They are basically chucking one person out of the house without any warning and without any reason.

For that evicted person this is no laughing matter as they have done nothing wrong and were not nominated so for them to have to leave BB so suddenly without any preparation is nothing short of disgraceful and it will be a sad day for this once great programme.

If I were the evicted HM I would absolutely refuse to leave in the normal manner , I would force the security men to come and get me because I would be outraged and feel totally cheated by this bloody stupid supposed twist.

This truly is the day BB died.....!!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:51 AM #15
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Whoever is evicted should be allowed to take Charlie out with ,them, after all she took over the choosing of who went into the "Safe House" in the first place.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:51 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
There have been times the evictee didn't get the normal Friday night goodbyes but got a shock by being called to the diary room at some other time and evicted from there.
As far as I recall, no -one has ever been up for eviction that wasn't first nominated by the HM's or alternatively the whole house was up together.
This twist is completely different as they neither know they are up nor were they nominated by the HM's.
How about the year that 3 entered the "safehouse" and only 2 got to enter the real house.

Or when HMs have been given secret tasks to gain immunity.

Or when connor was given the chance to walk out of the house 50 grand richer, with no audience participation at all?

BB is always changing the rules and its rarely fair.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:52 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I wish someone would tell me what's the *******ing point of this show ???

with no rules, no regulations, no recognised format, no principles what is the point of any of it. A complete and utter farce, a lottery from start to finish.

They should rename the show.......House of Humiliation.... where up to 15 strangers agree to be held captive in a house and they have to agree to basically anything... there are no rules so anybody can be thrown out at any time...a complete free for all

A complete joke more like........!!!!!
Old 26-07-2013, 08:55 AM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
I don't agree with this at all, in fact I think it stinks probably the most unacceptable "twist" I've ever seen. They are basically chucking one person out of the house without any warning and without any reason.

For that evicted person this is no laughing matter as they have done nothing wrong and were not nominated so for them to have to leave BB so suddenly without any preparation is nothing short of disgraceful and it will be a sad day for this once great programme.

If I were the evicted HM I would absolutely refuse to leave in the normal manner , I would force the security men to come and get me because I would be outraged and feel totally cheated by this bloody stupid supposed twist.

This truly is the day BB died.....!!!!
As I just mentioned, connor got to walk out with half the cash, for no reason, without the audience getting a say in it at all.

This is nothing in comparison. This is just a standard eviction, with the HM with the fewest votes going. The only difference is that they are unaware of who is up.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:56 AM #19
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The main thrust of my point is that I cannot recall where the housemates were competely excluded from any nomination process at all. no one has nominated at all this week.
Then as I pointed out in the Vanessa eviction, the housemates got to decide which of the 2 who had got the most votes to go actually did.
Even that is not being done this twist, so the housemates have beene excluded totally this week for the whole nomination/eviction process.

To assure 3 people they are safe, when they are not and to have also had 2 of them forced unknowingly to inflict that deceit on another housemate has 'never' been done and I will go on until the end of time that such deceit should not just be unacceptable on a reality TV show but should be in any walk of life.

It is wrong what has been done really they have asked the public to vote on so many daft things this series already they should have at the very least asked what was thought of this twist.
Had they got the publics backing at least it may have been more acceptable,it wouldn't have to me though.
Not involving Sam and Sophie like this and forsing them to do something really rotten to another housemate.

I'd be saying all this too if it were Dexter,Gina and Callum,or in fact any combination of housemates in the safe house.
I also think there would have been a likely different response to the twist on here if that had been actually the case.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:57 AM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

with no rules, no regulations, no recognised format, no principles what is the point of any of it. A complete and utter farce, a lottery from start to finish.

They should rename the show.......House of Humiliation.... where up to 15 strangers agree to be held captive in a house and they have to agree to basically anything... there are no rules so anybody can be thrown out at any time...a complete free for all

That is the point of the show. They jump, we vote. Thats it.

The only time that changes is when BB makes a choice "for us", which goes against the concept of the show
Old 26-07-2013, 08:58 AM #21
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I will maybe ask you to do my posts for me Nedusa, you say things so much more to the point and in a more concise way than I do.
Really well said and totally correct.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:01 AM #22
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefln View Post
As I just mentioned, connor got to walk out with half the cash, for no reason, without the audience getting a say in it at all.

This is nothing in comparison. This is just a standard eviction, with the HM with the fewest votes going. The only difference is that they are unaware of who is up.
Not the same at all, Conor and Luke S competed for the cash with the other housemates looking on.

One walked off with the cash,the other got a free pass to the final. no one lost out as to their place in the house, they had choices.

These 3 don't and have never had a choice and one will walk away with nothing from the show at all without any other housemate being able to do anything about it.
How you can compare these 2 instances is beyond me.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-07-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:06 AM #23
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Yes Joey they should have named this series ,secrets lies and deceipt,I don't like this twist as all those that are up would not have been nominated by the housemates,they are not disliked ,so in a way we are FORCED to get rid of people we like which defeats the object.
Exactly,'who do you want to evict'.
As you say the public,(nor the housemates), didn't want any of these up so have had a choice forced on them only by BB not even the housemates.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:07 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I will maybe ask you to do my posts for me Nedusa, you say things so much more to the point and in a more concise way than I do.
Really well said and totally correct.
Thanks Joeysteele.........But honestly there's a limit even for me as to how much more meddling in BB I can stand, this latest twist is so far outside of all the normal rules of BB that it destroys any last remaining integrity the show once had. Now the producers are saying they can and will do absolutely anything to anybody if they think it will keep the ratings high and the phone votes coming in.

But the cost of this is that the programme is finished as all real BB fans will finally admit that their show has gone........ replaced with this nonsense

Shame really cos I used to love watching BB and seeing who could play the game the best, now of course its hard to play the game when there are no rules or they are being made up by the producers on a week by week basis..
Old 26-07-2013, 09:10 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not the same at all, Conor and Luke S competed for the cash with the other housemates looking on.

One walked off with the cash,the other got a free pass to the final. no one lost out as to their place in the house, they had choices.

These 3 don't and have never had a choice and one will walk away with nothing from the show at all without any other housemate being able to do anything about it.
How you can compare these 2 instances is beyond me.
99% of HMs walk away with nothing at all. And most can do nothing about it.

This is a normal eviction week, with full audience participation, lowest total goes.

The only difference here is that the HMs are unaware that they are up. Which is good idea on the surface, as we get to judge them on their personalities, not last ditch attempts to look interesting.

They all signed up for a show that votes people off. So in fairness its not a huge twist .

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
nomination, shock, twist, week