Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 29-07-2013, 02:44 AM #1
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Default Hazel getting threats over cucumber gate...

Quote:
Big Brother 2013: Hazel O’Sullivan gets death threats after 'cucumber gate'

Big Brother UK housemate Hazel O’Sullivan has been at the target of death threats online.

It follows the Irish beauty being caught up in another row in the house, dubbed cucumber gate.

We saw Hazel clash with best pal Charlie Travers in last night’s show after Charlie poked Hazel in the eye with a cucumber.

Hazel branded Charlie “aggressive”, although denied it, causing Charlie to get rather wound up.

Charlie moaned: “Hazel you used the word aggressive. I don’t like the fact that someone said to me behind my back that I was aggressive.”

Most viewers sided with Charlie in the argument, with vile comments posted online aimed at Hazel.

“Hazel I’m sure you’ve had more long round things in your eye than a ******ing cucumber you h** shut up,” wrote one fan of the show.

Another tweeted: “Seriously , I wanna shoot hazel now .

A third user wrote on an internet forum: “Oi Hazel needs to get fly kicked in the face. Stupid bitch! Trying to win back the public by making Charley the bad one.”

“Is she even that drink though? Hazel please, I wana go into the house and kick her throat. [sic],” a fourth commented.

Meanwhile, ejected housemate Daley Ojuederie joined in the Hazel bashing online after Charlie compared the situation to his exit.

He tweeted: “Just came In and thought let me see what all the fuss is about. @bbuk Charlie having my back. wow that’s all I have to say.”
Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big...#ixzz2aOmXU3ei

Last edited by Calderyon; 29-07-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 02:48 AM #2
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
BBUSA17: Da'Vonne
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
BBUSA17: Da'Vonne

Absolutely disgusting. There's no way Hazel was at all in the wrong in the argument but it's to be expected that twitter trash will hate her for anything she does. I feel awful for her, it's ridiculous the amount of **** she gets.
swinearefine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 02:51 AM #3

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
BB14: Dexter

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter

i am loving this
Old 29-07-2013, 03:01 AM #4
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

People are so stupid

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 03:03 AM #5
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

You must be foul/nasty to make death threats over such trivial circumstances, it really pisses me off.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 03:09 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
You must be foul/nasty to make death threats over such trivial circumstances, it really pisses me off.
Absolute fcking saddos with no lives. Think they are brave behind a keyboard but would probably wet themselves if actually confronted by Hazel or anybody else they threaten. The scourge of the internet.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 03:16 AM #7
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPinkpegasusx View Post
Absolute fcking saddos with no lives. Think they are brave behind a keyboard but would probably wet themselves if actually confronted by Hazel or anybody else they threaten. The scourge of the internet.
It's disgusting..but I bet these people are the same ones that tarnished her with the evil brush when Daley was expelled, 100%.

Spoiler:

Last edited by reece(:; 29-07-2013 at 03:17 AM.
reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 03:20 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
It's disgusting..but I bet these people are the same ones that tarnished her with the evil brush when Daley was expelled, 100%.
I would say so, yes. Idiots.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 03:22 AM #9

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

This is just cruel. Do people forget that these are real people?

I think a lot of girls are jealous of Hazel to be honest. I don't think Gina is, but a lot of people watching certainly are and it's becoming obvious.
Old 29-07-2013, 04:00 AM #10
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):

Kill the cucumber!!!!!!!!

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 04:00 AM #11
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

...cucumber is such an odd word when you think about it.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 04:25 AM #12

Favourites:
BB10: Marcus

Favourites:
BB10: Marcus

Hazel the homewrecker has been exposed
JayBlaze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 04:48 AM #13

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):

However questionable or not her actions in the house may be, She in NO WAY deserves to have her life threatened.

I wouldn't be a huge fan. In fact I believe the whole incident with Daley was foreplay and she only felt 'threatened' after Daley had been called to the diary room.

She is still a human being and had no malicious intent towards anyone. She may have been selfish and stupid at times but so have the best of us.
Old 29-07-2013, 04:56 AM #14

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Anyone who threatens someone's life is vile.

Daley is also vile.
Spoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 05:41 AM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WozMan View Post
However questionable or not her actions in the house may be, She in NO WAY deserves to have her life threatened.

I wouldn't be a huge fan. In fact I believe the whole incident with Daley was foreplay and she only felt 'threatened' after Daley had been called to the diary room.

She is still a human being and had no malicious intent towards anyone. She may have been selfish and stupid at times but so have the best of us.
..it is possible that in Daley's eyes he considered it 'foreplay' but to grab a person by the throat or lay your hands on them in an aggressive manner and indicate physical violence is completely unacceptable and something that he seriously needs to address because there can be a thin line between what you say and what you do......

Last edited by James; 29-07-2013 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Removed quoted post from previously banned user
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 06:09 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..it is possible that in Daley's eyes he considered it 'foreplay' but to grab a person by the throat or lay your hands on them in an aggressive manner and indicate physical violence is completely unacceptable and something that he seriously needs to address because there can be a thin line between what you say and what you do......
My initial read of the situation when I watched it was, as Rylan said, that it was 'banter' or messing around where neither party thought it was serious and both parties felt safe. After Daley got ejected I watched the live feed start to finish and rewatched the main show where he puts his hand on her throat etc. I rewatched the minutes leading up to Daley going to the diary room 2 or 3 three times. I carefully looked for any sign that Hazel was in fact in any physical or pschological danger. I looked for any sign that Hazel FELT threatened by Daley's actions. I found NO indications of discomfort from Hazel until AFTER BB called Daley to the DR and she withdrew to a chair.

I know Daley had a bit of a temper and his actions would be very frightening to most people in the run up to his ejection. I know he was drunk and annoyed at Hazel when her chatting with Charlie kept him up. I also know Hazel was flirting with him outrageously and enjoying getting a reaction out of him. As I said my read was and still is that it was banter/flirting and no one was in any danger. I've been in a few fights and walked away from a TON of them. I know when someone is seriously threatening me and when it is just banter.
Old 29-07-2013, 06:59 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..but it doesn't really matter whether he considered it 'banter' or not..that doesn't make it any less acceptable because of the aggressive nature of it...I mean whatever it was...let's say a blatant racist remark, maybe that person made racist remarks as part of their 'banter' and they thought that was acceptable because it's just part of what they do..would that be acceptable to either the person they were making that remark to or the general public..?...
This wasn't 'just part of what they do' with respect to Daley. This was something that was actively sought for by Hazel i.e. for Daley to become sexually aggressive. IMHO she led the interaction from start to finish, right up until BB intervened.

I can accept that his behaviour was unaccpetable for general viewing and that it can cause great psychological harm to many viewers who find it very disturbing. If it was a xxx rated bondage video filmed with consenting adult performers it would still be unacceptable for a general audience but fine for the target audience.

Racism is wrong. It is a highly sensitive issue for any non-white person and generally cuts very deeply. I am frankly very confused by your bringing racism in as an example. I think I see what you are saying but I'm not sure
Quote:
..and no matter how annoyed he was or whether Hazel had wound him up in the lead up or how much he had been drinking..is that a defence..?..would it ever be accepted as a defence in a court of law for any violent act..?...
By 'wound up' I mean sexually excited. I honestly believe that was the only 'emotion' either of them were feeling. I am no legal expert but I believe the term 'violence' would require either actual bodily harm, intent to harm or psychological harm. A hand can be placed on anothers throat by say a doctor examining a wound or performing an operation and no one would bat an eyelid. It is the perception that Daley was angry or intended to intimidate(psychological harm) or physically harm Hazel that would make his actions illegal and/or immoral or unacceptable.

This has been a fascinating debate but I'm off to bed. Hope to catch up on it later today
Old 29-07-2013, 07:31 AM #18
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Daley crossed a line that took away anything that may have been playful,fun or anything of no sinister nature once he started laying hands on Hazel and also verbally threatening her.
The words,''I'll finish you'' and 'I'll nut you'' said with drink too, made this a dangerous situation completely, outside the house if seen,he would have been arrested for assault so he got off lightly.
He got off even easier with the treatment he has got from bbbots with Emma while Emma has allowed character assassination of Hazel to go on night after night.
He got ejected and rightly from the show in my view.

It is really sad to see such awful people making these threats to a woman they don't know personally, people like that should never be allowed to even use the service in my view.
As to the cucumber incident, aiming anything at anyones eyes could be dangerous especially with drink invovled.
Hazel did say Charlie hod got aggressive but in the diary room to BB she also said there was nothing malicious in what Charlie had done.

Charlie was totally wrong to even mention Daley's name and without having had so much to drink likely would not have.
In both instances at the time they occurred Hazel did little wrong and the other person did great wrong,yet Hazel is the hate figure.
To me that is as ridiculous as it is unbelievable.

In both instances, had Daley really hurt Hazel or had Charlie damaged her eye,both would have pleaded defence of being under the influence of drink.
If you cannot hold your drink and it can make you act in the way these 2 have then there is a simple answer, stick to soft drinks and grow up.

Last edited by joeysteele; 29-07-2013 at 08:04 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 07:49 AM #19
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WozMan View Post
This wasn't 'just part of what they do' with respect to Daley. This was something that was actively sought for by Hazel i.e. for Daley to become sexually aggressive. IMHO she led the interaction from start to finish, right up until BB intervened.

I can accept that his behaviour was unaccpetable for general viewing and that it can cause great psychological harm to many viewers who find it very disturbing. If it was a xxx rated bondage video filmed with consenting adult performers it would still be unacceptable for a general audience but fine for the target audience.

Racism is wrong. It is a highly sensitive issue for any non-white person and generally cuts very deeply. I am frankly very confused by your bringing racism in as an example. I think I see what you are saying but I'm not sure

By 'wound up' I mean sexually excited. I honestly believe that was the only 'emotion' either of them were feeling. I am no legal expert but I believe the term 'violence' would require either actual bodily harm, intent to harm or psychological harm. A hand can be placed on anothers throat by say a doctor examining a wound or performing an operation and no one would bat an eyelid. It is the perception that Daley was angry or intended to intimidate(psychological harm) or physically harm Hazel that would make his actions illegal and/or immoral or unacceptable.

This has been a fascinating debate but I'm off to bed. Hope to catch up on it later today
..hmm, yeah, maybe the racist thing was a bad analogy...and I understand what you're trying to say but the difference here is that those two people involved didn't really know each other well enough to know or presume to understand any sexual preferences/banter etc...and as you say they had both been drinking and things can get a bit silly when that happens but even if as you said, Hazel was a willing participant at the beginning..thinking it was all fun and a game..?...she didn't know how far Daley would go...she would presume that she was 'playing a game' with someone who has average boundaries, which would be a safe assumption, especially with so many cameras etc..but Daley overstepped the mark considerably and became threatening and quite openly so by holding her throat and talking about nutting her..don't you think that the 'average' person would find that extremely intimidating and aggressive and if you felt it was in any way acceptable in 'foreplay' you would have to know someone extremely well to know that...it's particularly disturbing behaviour that he would do that in front of 'the nation' as well....

..but to me, she did look very concerned and frightened when she sat in the chair after he'd been called into the diary room..

...anyway yes...enjoy your sleep, it's been interesting hearing your views...
Old 29-07-2013, 08:02 AM #20
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi

I feel really bad for Hazel, the hard time she is getting is ridiculous!

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 08:05 AM #21

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

The moronic majority have made their minds up about Hazel and won't give her a chance. It's even her fault when she gets savagely poked in the eye with a cucumber.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:07 AM #22
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian-73 View Post
I feel really bad for Hazel, the hard time she is getting is ridiculous!
I agree,this is getting really sad for her now. She flirted heavily with a guy who was off limits and who should have made sure he stayed off limits but 'he' didn't.

Absolutely a disgrace that she has all this nonsense being thrown at her and about her,even more a disgrace is it is being allowed to be thrown at her too.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:12 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I agree,this is getting really sad for her now. She flirted heavily with a guy who was off limits and who should have made sure he stayed off limits but 'he' didn't.

Absolutely a disgrace that she has all this nonsense being thrown at her and about her,even more a disgrace is it is being allowed to be thrown at her too.
A play fight is a play fight. It started off in good spirits. And let's face it Hazel was NOT injured by that bloomin' cucumber. Charlie was NOT being aggressive, she was responding to Hazel's persistant attempt to shove a cucumber into her mouth. What this incident will now do is throw a massive shadow over any further frolics in the house. Because if Hazel is there, she will be looking out for a means of getting air-time... and if she can't find it by sexual activity, she will find it by other means. In this case a massively over-exaggerated version of the truth. For God's sake it happened on camera... the CUCUMBER DID NOT GO IN HER EYE!!!!
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 08:12 AM #24
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by karezza View Post
The moronic majority have made their minds up about Hazel and won't give her a chance. It's even her fault when she gets savagely poked in the eye with a cucumber.

..I wouldn't exactly call people moronic but I think there's very little objectivity when it comes to shows like this and people have very firm favourites/least favourites and I think it's fair to say that before cucumbergate, Hazel was far less popular or liked than Charlie, so she's coming from the weaker position...
Old 29-07-2013, 08:21 AM #25
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
A play fight is a play fight. It started off in good spirits. And let's face it Hazel was NOT injured by that bloomin' cucumber. Charlie was NOT being aggressive, she was responding to Hazel's persistant attempt to shove a cucumber into her mouth. What this incident will now do is throw a massive shadow over any further frolics in the house. Because if Hazel is there, she will be looking out for a means of getting air-time... and if she can't find it by sexual activity, she will find it by other means. In this case a massively over-exaggerated version of the truth. For God's sake it happened on camera... the CUCUMBER DID NOT GO IN HER EYE!!!!
It was aimed at her eye,that is the difference, had someone bumped into Charlie at that time it could have put Hazels eye out.
Even as child,I was always told in any playfighting or fun to 'never' aim anything at someones eyes.

Charlie had a fair bit to drink, Hazel had less, Charlie is extremely unpredictable with drink.
Charlie was wrong pure and simple and even more wrong to even ever mention Daley's name never mind try to compare the 2 situations.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
charlie, cucumber, cucumbergate, daley, death, gate, hazel, suppport, threats, tweets