Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:22 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default BB Manipulation has made this year......

Very confusing to watch. Every time someone does something bad and deserves to be evicted, they get sheltered by BB edits or twists. This year the Edits and twists have shaped the way the HM,s have been evicted or viewed by the public. BB has gone from being a show for the public, shaped by the public and winners decided by the public, to a show run by a very biased media corporation with a hidden agenda.

It has got to the point where voting has been a waste of time as the edits and favouritism on BBBOTS is so blatant that even Emma felt the need to defend herself last night. The main problem is that these biased edits seem to change from week to week and favour different HM,s with the exception of the chosen few that BB have decided they need to keep in the house.

BB chooses HM,s with the IQ of a carrot then they spend the rest of the time defending and manipulating the show to keep it interesting. Why don't they just choose interesting and relatively honest HM,s with half a brain and allow them to compete and falter by virtue of interesting tasks and the odd twist.

This blatant manipulation is pandering to the needs of the cyber warrior type and real viewers are refusing to watch the show because of this. In short if they want the series to survive, they need to take a step back and offer a program full of fun and interesting tasks instead of hanging their hat on the coat peg of disgusting and uncomfortable viewing.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM #2
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Very confusing to watch. Every time someone does something bad and deserves to be evicted, they get sheltered by BB edits or twists. This year the Edits and twists have shaped the way the HM,s have been evicted or viewed by the public. BB has gone from being a show for the public, shaped by the public and winners decided by the public, to a show run by a very biased media corporation with a hidden agenda.

It has got to the point where voting has been a waste of time as the edits and favouritism on BBBOTS is so blatant that even Emma felt the need to defend herself last night. The main problem is that these biased edits seem to change from week to week and favour different HM,s with the exception of the chosen few that BB have decided they need to keep in the house.

BB chooses HM,s with the IQ of a carrot then they spend the rest of the time defending and manipulating the show to keep it interesting. Why don't they just choose interesting and relatively honest HM,s with half a brain and allow them to compete and falter by virtue of interesting tasks and the odd twist.

This blatant manipulation is pandering to the needs of the cyber warrior type and real viewers are refusing to watch the show because of this. In short if they want the series to survive, they need to take a step back and offer a program full of fun and interesting tasks instead of hanging their hat on the coat peg of disgusting and uncomfortable viewing.
Well said and I agree with you.
I really dislike the 'enginering' that has been done in this series by BB themselves.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 AM #3
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris

I would have to agree on this one. I have found some of the tasks have been done just to stir up trouble and have made uncomfortable viewing for me.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 AM #4
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

The Gina queen bee task is another opertunity to mess with things.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM #5

Quote:

Very true. I noticed Charlie burst into tears on the live feed, no one cared about her.

But in the HLs edit, it showed Gina raising a finger to her nose, to look like she was gonna cry in sympathy with Charlie. All totally FALSE.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:48 AM #6

I have to agree here.....BB are the maipultors and the HMs the puppets., as i have said in a previous comment.
The majority of the tasks have been about causing disharmony in the house. To pit the couples who dont get on against each other. To introduce outside information which would cause controversy in the House.
Its as if they want to feed off the negativity of life rather than the fun aspect. Its car crash television at its most extreme but it seems that the vast majority of viewing public get off on watching it.
south12345 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:01 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB14: Callum
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Agree.

That's why I'm still unsure how this series rates truly.
aman201 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM #8
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason

I think this series has been the best channel 5 has done and I love the secrets and lies part.
Razor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:40 AM #9
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I absolutely agree Sam and tbh It's gotten so blatant and so bad, I think this is probably going to be my last series (my husband will rejoice)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:40 AM #10
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think this series has been the best channel 5 has done and I love the secrets and lies part.
Agree. I like the fact that it is themed. I almost gave up on BB after BB13, but this has restored my faith in the series.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:41 AM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Well BB13 was fantastic really.
aman201 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:32 AM #12
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I absolutely agree Sam and tbh It's gotten so blatant and so bad, I think this is probably going to be my last series (my husband will rejoice)
TBH Naimh, I am going to watch CBB then wont bother again, just like many other fans have done. Its way too contrived for me these days.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 AM #13
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
TBH Naimh, I am going to watch CBB then wont bother again, just like many other fans have done. Its way too contrived for me these days.
It has nothing in common with Big Brother as conceived, It is simply a poorly written SOAP with "characters" chosen by the producers to fit with their preconceived script!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 AM #14

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yes......I agree totally, this current series of BB has changed so much from previous series it follows no rules or sticks to agreed formats, the production team have used twists to constantly manipulate the show to their own ends. The VTE is crazy resulting in big characters leaving way too early. The Tasks are basically crap, amateuristic badly thought out and not particularly entertaining.

Also lack of LF has allowed selective editing to show HM the way the production team wish them to be seen by the GBP. and there has been far too much interaction of the HM with the outside world for my liking.

This series of BB sadly heralds the end of the normal BB and the social experiment it once was, now it is just another reality TV show, confused and overlong, I like a lot of people on this forum will struggle to sit through another 9/10 weeks of this crap again.

might still watch the CBB series though at least most of the celebs have half a personality......!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 AM #15
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah, I'll probably carry on watching the Celebrity version actually

Spoiler:

Quote:
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM #16
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
This. The bias and frankly disgusting criticism of certain Hm's has made me think BB on 5 isn't for me. I'll still watch but not every night and definitely no spin off shows.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM #17

Quote:

Speedster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:01 PM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
This. The bias and frankly disgusting criticism of certain Hm's has made me think BB on 5 isn't for me. I'll still watch but not every night and definitely no spin off shows.
I feel the same. I think they're catering to the mentality of the people who attend eviction shows and the idiots who go along to BBBOTS. Blatantly biased and really quite tedious now. I give BB another year, tops.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:02 PM #19
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi

Well said Sam. The manipulation has been blatent this series. I know some say it's the best series in years but for me over the last three weeks or so i've lost some of my love for the show and I never thought i'd say that after being an avid fan since the very start!

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:05 PM #20
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I feel the same. I think they're catering to the mentality of the people who attend eviction shows and the idiots who go along to BBBOTS. Blatantly biased and really quite tedious now. I give BB another year, tops.
Agree. I don't think BB can last too much longer with this kind of 'entertainment'. It was just about bearable on 4. There was manipulation but these guys in 5 are taking the p*ss.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian-73 View Post
Well said Sam. The manipulation has been blatent this series. I know some say it's the best series in years but for me over the last three weeks or so i've lost some of my love for the show and I never thought i'd say that after being an avid fan since the very start!
I feel exactly the same way...........!!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:21 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by south12345 View Post
I have to agree here.....BB are the maipultors and the HMs the puppets., as i have said in a previous comment.
The majority of the tasks have been about causing disharmony in the house. To pit the couples who dont get on against each other. To introduce outside information which would cause controversy in the House.
Its as if they want to feed off the negativity of life rather than the fun aspect. Its car crash television at its most extreme but it seems that the vast majority of viewing public get off on watching it.

I agree with this-the h.m's are set up to fail with the tasks-the "guess how popular you all are" was dumber than mud because they had to guess and only had about 1 minute to do it and there were 9 people to rank in a specific order, I haven't worked it out atm but there must be 100's of combinations so they struggled and went from a £910.00 shopping budget to £76.00 and had to go hungry for a week for our "viewing pleasure".

Most of the tasks are dull and dish-water and do nothing to keep people entertained, I did like the Remote Control one though and Dan was funny in the Quarantine one but that's it. I really think they should be challenged creatively/emotionally in the tasks so they can get their teeth into them and us as viewers have something to watch i.e people having to work to accomplish something and being challenged in a constructive way rather than being made to look stupid or being cold/wet/tired/hungry/sore etc.

I've had a big problem with the selection process for yrs as well-they don't have many mature,financially secure,successful settled people on the show, the majority don't have great jobs, are immature and broke so I think the makers encourage us to look down our noses at them; you don't get many Davina Mcall types on the show (at least not female ones).

Then you get the "high-lights" half an hour of what the editors WANT you to see what went on in the house that day, or the day before. No-one but themselves have control over that so that leave it wide open for manipulation.

I stopped being a regular viewer after BB2 because it just turned into a show based on pissing h.m's off or boring them stupid,then standing back and letting us the public laugh at them.And because they were a bit immature and because they suddenly had all this exposure, they acted outrageously and we were encouraged to laugh at them for that too.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:27 PM #23

Quote:
The Gina queen bee task is another opertunity to mess with things.

I've only seen a clip of this but I'd love to know how she got to be Queen Bee-I'll bet she's loving abusing all the power she's been given by electrocuting people, especially Hazel, who in turn, because she keeps being zapped is getting more and more stressed and angry.

Tasteful t.v.......NOT.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:32 PM #24

Editors are bad,tasks people are bad,Presenters and bias guests speakers are bad.Judy the frog face is pro Gina. Heavy corruption going on/money place on Gina to win by the show insiders.This is my last BB watch.They can all beep off.
barbel13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:08 PM #25

Lets not pretend the manipulation just regards Gina. There are so many things that have been manipulated to give us a false impression or evoke a certain feeling. It happens every single year but it seems they are taking it to another level. Perhaps it is because they didn't get what they wanted when Aaron won.
showtime77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, made, manipulation, year