Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:15 AM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

She has been very public about how painful and raw her break up was and she is vulnerable, a music video was not the right outlet for that .
Other artistes have gone down the raunchy road but they were older
, and it was not due to any emotional trauma.
Sineads comments are honest and come from a good place, personally I feel it's lovely that she cared enough to reply.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:23 AM #27
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
BBUSA17: Da'Vonne
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
BBUSA17: Da'Vonne

Why can't she be sexual and talented? Not that she's talented, so honestly it's in her best interest to push the sexuality.
swinearefine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
the woman who ripped up a photo of the Pope on live TV (SNL?) preaching about the wrong way to go about things? Hmm.
Which surely means she knows what she's talking about when it comes to being desperate for controversy?

Sinead's more qualified to offer advise on how the industry and PR works than a lot of other people who are sure Miley chooses to do all of this of her own accord. IMO, she seems too desperate to be seen as a grown up that she comes across naive and incredibly childish. She certainly has an immature vision of what a grown up is.

I would not be at all surprised if it's exactly as O'Connor's said, and Miley's being mollycoddled into believing she's choosing it herself and she's not. She's being persuaded that ditching the Disney image means doing what she's doing.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 AM #29
Banned

Banned

She's not doing anything that other female stars haven't already done in some form or another, I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid if it was Rihanna who performed like that at the VMAs or released that video.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 AM #30
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
She's not doing anything that other female stars haven't already done in some form or another, I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid if it was Rihanna who performed like that at the VMAs or released that video.
She just looks more ridiculous than any other female star ever did though, she fails miserably at looking seductive/sexy

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM #31
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

She comes across as a cheap, skanky mess that you would find in a nightclub every Saturday night trying to bang any man she could.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:24 AM #32
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
She comes across as a cheap, skanky mess that you would find in a nightclub every Saturday night trying to bang any man she could.
Yeah, she looks like someone who's really drunk and thinks they look really sexy but everyone else is looking at them thinking wtf are you doing?, you're going to regret that in the morning

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 PM #33

If there's one popstar that literally no-one has managed to escape over the summer, it's Miley Cyrus.

It's been two years since her record Can't Be Tamed (as good as it is) was considered a misfire in her mission to shed Hannah Montana's wig-swapping shadow. However, in hindsight the album inspired the former Disney star to push even further away from her tween-friendly beginnings to really make a statement on her position as a young adult.

"It's not a transition," Miley explains in her MTV documentary The Movement, which aired in the US last night (October 2). "People always like to call it a transition. I'm the same human - I have the same heart that I had five years ago. Everything about me is the same. Same skin, same human."

Pop music could quite possibly be one of the hardest environments in entertainment to grow up in. As well as pleasing record execs and radio bosses, teen stars are trying to forge their own adult identity under the watchful eye of the world's press, opinionated music fans and those dreaded parenting groups.

It's fair to say Miley really went for it for her own 'evolution'. If grinding Robin Thicke at the MTV VMAs while using a foam finger suggestively wasn't enough, riding a wrecking ball while naked in a music video certainly topped it off.

"I'm not one to please anybody," Cyrus notes in the documentary, "but with this record there's a lot of pressure, because I haven't had one out in two years". It's fascinating that someone can be so savvy, ambitious and fearless at the age of 20 the way Miley Cyrus is. It's this confidence, self-assured demeanor and headstrong attitude that makes her a viable role model.

The Nashville-born starlet is acutely aware of where she wants her career to head, but isn't ignorant of her tween beginnings. "I was a lot of people's first album," she says. "I was a lot of people's first idol." Cyrus worked hard to be that particular child-friendly role model. "For five years of my life I learned I had to be focussed," she says in The Movement, revealing that she would do 4 hours' worth of homework before she'd go and film Hannah Montana for eight hours.

Her mother and manager Tish Cyrus reflects further on her daughter missing out on her teen years, but says that her father Billy Ray Cyrus's fame put her in good stead for it. "It makes her understand what's real," Tish notes. "What's show and what's real life."

This feels wholly apparent throughout The Movement. Miley is often excitable, clear-minded and ambitious about her stage shows and image, but after moving to a small apartment in Philly to write songs for her new album Bangerz, she relishes being able to go to the park and "pick up dog poop" like a normal person.

What's more, it's refreshing to see a young woman in pop so in control of her career in an industry dominated by powerful men and 'business first' attitudes. While rehearsing for Jimmy Kimmel and Good Morning America she challenges the musical director over a "weird" sounding note during 'We Can't Stop'. She's forceful and passionate about it being perfect, but never comes across as a bratty diva.

"I am a control freak," she says with a glint of steely determination in her eyes. Miley is fully aware of the impact her shows will have and nothing is left to chance. As she describes her now infamous VMAs outing: "It's a strategic hot mess."

What's the drive behind this eagerness to shock and entertain? Miley's own pop idols Britney Spears and Madonna. During a conversation in the studio with Spears, Cyrus notes that she wants to make pop exciting. "I want to give people that again. Music videos that are out of control." Beneath the twerking, side-tongue and skimpy outfits is a pop fan aspiring to become the type of idol who excited her younger self 10 years ago.

But with extravagant and suggestive performances comes the criticism - much of what we've seen following the VMAs and 'Wrecking Ball' video. Parents who are used to their children watching Miley Stewart on the Disney Channel turning into a pop princess after school were not happy.

"How many times have we seen this play out in pop music?" asks Miley. "You're always going to make people talk. You might as well make them talk for two weeks, rather than two seconds." Even at a young age, Miley seems defiant against her detractors and can whip the over-sensationalism into perspective, noting: "If I really wanted to come out and do a raunchy sex show, I wouldn't have come out as a damn bear!"

What The Movement shows is that Miley Cyrus is a determined young woman who has a clear vision of her career ahead. Her mind is focussed, her critics don't bother her and she's willing to work hard to become the very best. It's these qualities that make the woman behind the popstar a serious role model for today's youth.

"The world thinks they know this girl," Pharrell Williams notes. "My thing to you is, don't be fooled!"

Miley Cyrus's The Movement will air in the UK on MTV tonight (October 3) at 8pm.

Digital Spy
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM #34
-

-

Very good letter. Unfortunately, this is what happens in the music industry nowadays. A constant slutty persona.
Ryan57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 PM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrluvaluva View Post
If there's one popstar that literally no-one has managed to escape over the summer, it's Miley Cyrus.

It's been two years since her record Can't Be Tamed (as good as it is) was considered a misfire in her mission to shed Hannah Montana's wig-swapping shadow. However, in hindsight the album inspired the former Disney star to push even further away from her tween-friendly beginnings to really make a statement on her position as a young adult.

"It's not a transition," Miley explains in her MTV documentary The Movement, which aired in the US last night (October 2). "People always like to call it a transition. I'm the same human - I have the same heart that I had five years ago. Everything about me is the same. Same skin, same human."

Pop music could quite possibly be one of the hardest environments in entertainment to grow up in. As well as pleasing record execs and radio bosses, teen stars are trying to forge their own adult identity under the watchful eye of the world's press, opinionated music fans and those dreaded parenting groups.It's fair to say Miley really went for it for her own 'evolution'. If grinding Robin Thicke at the MTV VMAs while using a foam finger suggestively wasn't enough, riding a wrecking ball while naked in a music video certainly topped it off.

"I'm not one to please anybody," Cyrus notes in the documentary, "but with this record there's a lot of pressure, because I haven't had one out in two years". It's fascinating that someone can be so savvy, ambitious and fearless at the age of 20 the way Miley Cyrus is. It's this confidence, self-assured demeanor and headstrong attitude that makes her a viable role model.

The Nashville-born starlet is acutely aware of where she wants her career to head, but isn't ignorant of her tween beginnings. "I was a lot of people's first album," she says. "I was a lot of people's first idol." Cyrus worked hard to be that particular child-friendly role model. "For five years of my life I learned I had to be focussed," she says in The Movement, revealing that she would do 4 hours' worth of homework before she'd go and film Hannah Montana for eight hours.

Her mother and manager Tish Cyrus reflects further on her daughter missing out on her teen years, but says that her father Billy Ray Cyrus's fame put her in good stead for it. "It makes her understand what's real," Tish notes. "What's show and what's real life."

This feels wholly apparent throughout The Movement. Miley is often excitable, clear-minded and ambitious about her stage shows and image, but after moving to a small apartment in Philly to write songs for her new album Bangerz, she relishes being able to go to the park and "pick up dog poop" like a normal person.

What's more, it's refreshing to see a young woman in pop so in control of her career in an industry dominated by powerful men and 'business first' attitudes. While rehearsing for Jimmy Kimmel and Good Morning America she challenges the musical director over a "weird" sounding note during 'We Can't Stop'. She's forceful and passionate about it being perfect, but never comes across as a bratty diva.

"I am a control freak," she says with a glint of steely determination in her eyes. Miley is fully aware of the impact her shows will have and nothing is left to chance. As she describes her now infamous VMAs outing: "It's a strategic hot mess."

What's the drive behind this eagerness to shock and entertain? Miley's own pop idols Britney Spears and Madonna. During a conversation in the studio with Spears, Cyrus notes that she wants to make pop exciting. "I want to give people that again. Music videos that are out of control." Beneath the twerking, side-tongue and skimpy outfits is a pop fan aspiring to become the type of idol who excited her younger self 10 years ago.

But with extravagant and suggestive performances comes the criticism - much of what we've seen following the VMAs and 'Wrecking Ball' video. Parents who are used to their children watching Miley Stewart on the Disney Channel turning into a pop princess after school were not happy.

"How many times have we seen this play out in pop music?" asks Miley. "You're always going to make people talk. You might as well make them talk for two weeks, rather than two seconds." Even at a young age, Miley seems defiant against her detractors and can whip the over-sensationalism into perspective, noting: "If I really wanted to come out and do a raunchy sex show, I wouldn't have come out as a damn bear!"

What The Movement shows is that Miley Cyrus is a determined young woman who has a clear vision of her career ahead. Her mind is focussed, her critics don't bother her and she's willing to work hard to become the very best. It's these qualities that make the woman behind the popstar a serious role model for today's youth.

"The world thinks they know this girl," Pharrell Williams notes. "My thing to you is, don't be fooled!"

Miley Cyrus's The Movement will air in the UK on MTV tonight (October 3) at 8pm.

Digital Spy
..I'll try to watch that tonight...the bolded bit made me smile because I can remember my dad saying..'is that a boy or a girl, you just can't tell these days..'...LOL....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:31 PM #36

Miley will continue to be ridiculous and this way as long as it gets her publicity (which looks like it's happening) so I don't think she really cares..

Last edited by King Gizzard; 03-10-2013 at 04:31 PM.
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I'll try to watch that tonight...the bolded bit made me smile because I can remember my dad saying..'is that a boy or a girl, you just can't tell these days..'...LOL....
Ha. It should be interesting to see things from another perspective. I shall be making a note to watch too.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:43 PM #38
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
No surprise. She has the voice of a man to boot.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:50 PM #39
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Ha. It should be interesting to see things from another perspective. I shall be making a note to watch too.
..yeah, it will be interesting, I do think she's got a good family support unit as well and is probably very 'savvy' to the whole industry...'rock n roll' was always controversial but I guess in the 'old days' there wasn't the media/internet attention in the same way so the pressure was much less for young artists from that point of view...
Old 03-10-2013, 05:49 PM #40

Miley has posted on Twitter:

Before Amanda Bynes.... There was....

Nice...
Old 03-10-2013, 06:06 PM #41

Miley with the ether

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM #42

It's uncalled for and vindictive. Sinead did not slag her off in any way, shape or form, and bringing her personal issues into it, in my view, is a cheap and nasty shot.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:32 PM #43
User banned

User banned

stupid jealous lesbian
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 PM #44

That's it! Sinead is jealous of her. It's amazing how someone can trash somebody they "admire" in an instant.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM #45

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Why even waste time trying to help her, let her carry on acting like a slag and bragging about what drugs she takes. She'll be the one embarrassed in a few years time when no cares anymore.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:51 PM #46
-

-

What a stupid bitch. Somebody tweeted to Miley 'Queen'... what a twat. Queen of what also?

Last edited by Ryan57; 03-10-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:54 PM #47
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
It's uncalled for and vindictive. Sinead did not slag her off in any way, shape or form, and bringing her personal issues into it, in my view, is a cheap and nasty shot.
..I would agree..tacky...but she's very young, whereas Sinead put herself forward as someone 'older and wiser', she's certainly more of an age of Miley's mum and to me the 'advice' she gave wasn't very constructive at all and was said in a way that it doesn't surprise me that it's provoked a 'Twitter reaction'..which I don't agree with how Miley's done it..but well, as I say she is young and that was probably an instinct reaction..or maybe encouraged by friends...who knows but I wouldn't judge her for it....
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM #48
Z

Z

Sinead O'Connor's always had good intentions and has always gone about them in the worst possible way. Miley Cyrus is an emotionally immature 20 year old woman who has dumbed herself down to the lowest common denominator so that she can be successful. I'm not surprised that Sinead tried to pass off a high and mighty lecture as advice, and I'm not surprised Miley's thrown it back in her face. I think Sinead has some very good points, particularly about people prostituting Miley for their own gain and I don't think Miley herself will see it until she's much older and she's become weary of fame... I think she has now reached a new height of notoriety - Britney Spears levels of people not leaving her alone, and I don't think Sinead is wrong in saying that Miley will end up in rehab one day for some addiction problem...
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM #49
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

lol wot? isthat even sinead's twitter?
https://twitter.com/vampyahslayah

Last edited by Ramsay; 03-10-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM #50
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I can't see it on MTV..?...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
connor, cyrus, letter, miley, open, sinead